Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 328318 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Perfect Chaos
« Reply #780 on: April 21, 2016, 11:04:53 PM »
That. Was. Freaking. Brilliant! The emotions! The romance! *sigh* even though I know what's coming, I still am waiting with bated breath for it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #781 on: April 22, 2016, 01:59:17 AM »
That. Was. Freaking. Brilliant! The emotions! The romance! *sigh* even though I know what's coming, I still am waiting with bated breath for it!

Thank you! I think knowing what's coming makes it that much more enjoyable. You get to enjoy the highs and lows. =) I do have to say that I adore these two, obviously. I'm really glad everyone likes the chapters I've had up!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #782 on: April 22, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »
Everyone knows what's coming except me!?  :o

Nooo, don't tell me. I've decided not to guess or speculate.
I wish to be, like Anne, unaware of what's to come until it happens.

Majnun, it seems, occasionally experiences moments of clairvoyance, or not?

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #783 on: April 22, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
Oshi, I gave in to temptation and PMed Liv for the spoilers!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #784 on: April 22, 2016, 06:44:21 PM »
Everyone knows what's coming except me!?  :o

Nooo, don't tell me. I've decided not to guess or speculate.
I wish to be, like Anne, unaware of what's to come until it happens.

Majnun, it seems, occasionally experiences moments of clairvoyance, or not?
Nope! :) You're not alone in being in the dark.
Become Anne, Oshizu. Become one with the Anne. XD

As for Majnun there's a few different ways I could answer that question.
In the world, magic is this raw, unseeable force that is chaotic and impossible to use in its natural form. There isn't a single being that can use magic in it's raw form - except the God of Magic and Madness. The God of Magic and Madness is the filter for that magic. All usable magic in the world gets filtered through them. Why am I explaining this? Well there's all different kinds of magic. A siren's magic will be different from magic used by a werewolf or magic used by a magical source. Majnun is, primarily, a magical source, but because he filters all the other magic of the world he COULD do anything he wanted - it would just be very taxing for him. If he WANTED to see the future, he could, but he couldn't control WHAT or WHEN he sees, so he mostly relies on Mania's divination to help him with important things. He'll get glimpses of future things occasionally when he's really lost to madness, but he rarely lets that happen.
His clairvoyance about Anne was mostly triggered by his deep fears he has of losing her, and knowing that he was playing a dangerous game by messing with the Goddess of Fate.

Oshi, I gave in to temptation and PMed Liv for the spoilers!

Nothing wrong with spoilers. :3

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Heartless
« Reply #785 on: April 24, 2016, 11:32:42 AM »
Heartless
Present day: Realm of Majnun
A woman's heels clicked against the rough pavement as she walked towards a familiar and haunting house.
Mania was hardly the same woman she had been when she left this place the last time.
She scowled, she wasn't sure what to make of her journey as a whole, but at the end of the day she got the only thing she ever wanted from it, so all the hardship was worth it.

She wasn't ready for the conversation she needed to have, but the world wouldn't wait for her to be ready. It were moments like this she wondered what would have happened if she had just married his younger brother instead. She frowned at the thought, Aleccas had always been too cocky and bitter. He never understood why she followed his father. He could never understand her devotion.

Her parents had told her she wasn't mature enough, nor suitable enough for marriage and family. They wanted her to rot away in a nunnery. They locked her away and just expected her to be ok with it. The thought made her angry. So, so angry. Majnun had been her second chance. Her freedom. She owed him everything.
Now she owes him even more.

Majnun's parting message had been clear. "Perhaps a visit to the glade to see your family and recover from the events of today would be in order, Mania." She had always refused to go to the glades after she left originally, so she knew he didn't mean that glade, but another.
France.
And what family was in France?
Fate.
His other granddaughter was on the move, and of course he liked to keep tabs on everyone. Fate Niccoli was on borrowed time; yet, who wasn't in this family? Mania used to resent her - resent what she meant. Her husband had taken another to bed with him before her, yet he would not take her. He would have a child with the High Priestess of Nyx, but he would not sleep with his own wife? Sheogorath had never been the romantic sort, nor the affectionate kind either, but this was almost too much. All she ever asked for was children. It's all she's ever wanted from her life.
She had been a good wife to him. She did everything he asked and more. They fought, oh did they fight. She would nag him, he would mock her, she would get angry and blow up, and he would find it amusing.
The apple did not fall far from the tree, it seems.

Perhaps the master had intended it, but Mania decided to take her life into her own hands. She was done waiting for Sheogorath to come around. She was done playing the back and forth game they always did. She took a night off in France and she found the perfect target. A real charmer, he was. At least, he was a lot more charming once Mania had charmed him with a few spells. Mania almost couldn't remember his name. Sten? Steve? No. Stephen. She remembered then. Those piercing green eyes.

With a little magic and her charm, Mania managed to get exactly what she wanted. The excursion left her vulnerable though and the next thing she knew she was in a trunk on her way to wherever Fate intended to take her. Her husband had apparently done too good of a job messing up and she became the collateral. Of course. The idiot grabbed Clarissa Kwa instead of Fate and had no issue leaving her with the consequences alone.
Not like Sheogorath would come for her. She knew she was likely on her own.
It did surprise her when the master came for her.
Majnun is anything but predictable though.
Her thoughts grew sour at the thought of her master momentarily. She had warned him over and over about what sending Alec to the islands would do. The cards are never wrong. Divination was never wrong. All she saw was death and uncertainty and he took it anyways. The future has only gotten darker for him. She needed answers, but first, she needed to deal with Sheogorath.

Mania shifted and walked up the drive. It was now or never.
The Madhouse had the same feel it always did. She felt a wave of relief run through her, though she didn't even realize she had been tense. She was home.

She could hear Kefka and Deliro giggling in the meeting room. Giddy as ever. She shifted the girl in her arms up and scowled at them, clearing her throat. This caused the boys to straighten immediately, Deliro awkwardly saluting her.
That's right, Mania thought, no more fun and games.
"It's a caterpillar!"
"No! It's a... it's a-"
Mania snapped her fingers and the boys eyes became obedient and focused again. "Stay in here and await my orders. I've got a lot I need to catch up on." Mania took in a breath. She was amazed the Madhouse was still in one piece. "When was the last time you got orders from the master?"
Deliro grinned, "before he took his vacation with the dove!"
"Sparrow, nooby-goob." Kefka corrected.
Mania sucked in her cheek. "Right. Thank you." They've been out of touch with the master longer than she had. It's a wonder that the world hasn't fallen apart.
"Chicken!"
"Peacock!"
Mania turned away and smiled to herself. They were ridiculous, yet they somehow always got things done. Mania made a mental note to thank the gods for Charlotte once more before entering the sitting room. There, all was stiff.

Her husband reclined on the couch, his face unreadable. "You've multiplied since I've last seen you." His voice was strangled and quiet.
Mania pursed her lips and nodded. "Her name is Raeveth."
"Quaint." She could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

"I'm glad you like it." Mania said with determination and sass.
Sheogorath became smug, "I'm amazed you finally found someone to give into your incessant nagging... or wait, did you have to knock him out first?" A strange laughter bubbled up in his throat and he coughed, his face remaining smug.
Mania burned with rage, her fist clenched. She opened her mouth to defend herself when Raeveth readjusted herself on her shoulder, slowly drifting off to sleep. Mania felt all of her anger diffuse. Her little girl didn't need to hear her screaming. She didn't need to waste her breath on someone who was just doing this for his amusement. "His name was Stephen. Not that it matters, he won't be in the picture." She couldn't resist at this point, her face became hard, "even with him not here he'll still be a better father than you."
Sheogorath hissed and gritted his teeth suddenly. Mania wasn't afraid of him though.

Laughter came out of him then and he stretched out on the couch, looking at the ceiling. "I hear you got abducted."
"I hear you failed your mission." Mania shot back coldly.
Sheogorath was growing unamused at this conversation and Mania was growing more satisfied. Mania snapped her fingers and summoned a chair for Raeveth. This conversation wasn't going to get any shorter, unfortunately.

"Have you spoken with the master?" Mania stalled. She was losing her will to go through with this the longer she stood in his presence. In an odd way she had grown to love him. She knew it was one-sided, but it was still there, and it still hurt knowing it didn't even bother him a little to think about his wife being with someone else. She mattered so little to him.
Sheogorath's lip twitched, "no."
Mania shifted awkwardly. "Ok then."
"Ok then." He responded back levelly.
Mania turned to look at her daughter and she frowned, "no... this isn't ok." She shook her head, "is this really all you have to say to me?"
Sheogorath sat up looked forward, irritated. "It was so nice and quiet before you came home. Does that make you feel better?"

Mania's anger bubbled, but as she took in a breath it all faltered.
She thought back on Charlotte - on her taking her blood without her consent.
She thought back on the when she was abducted.
She thought back on the previous moment.
He didn't care, and she needed to stop caring too. She was wasting her time loving someone who didn't care. She spent all of her time hoping he would wake up and care one day, and the day never came.
Raeveth had fallen asleep to the gentle magical rocking of her swing. Raeveth loved her mother unconditionally, and Mania loved her.

Mania steeled herself. She had to let go.
She walked around the couch and faced her husband with a hand on her hip. "We've been together for over a century and this is how you greet me? I could have been killed!"

Sheogorath looked at her, slightly amused. "You were fine. The master wouldn't have let any harm come to you." He paused, "besides, I'm pretty sure your voice could kill anyone if they were subjected to it long enough."
Mania grit her teeth, clearly not because he was still alive, she thought bitterly. She opened her mouth, ready to get angry but stopped. It's not worth it, she told herself.
Sheogorath stared at her with interest, he fully expected a tantrum from his wife by this point, was she ill?
Mania looked to the floor, dejected, and nodded. "Fine." She whispered.
"You're taking all the fun out of this." Sheogorath sighed.

Mania stepped closer to him while shaking her head. "This is all just a game to you." Her voice was low.
Sheogorath shrugged, "you're the one who married me."
"I did." Mania agreed solemnly. She looked down at her fingers and pulled the ring off her finger. "Clearly that was a mistake." She set the ring down on the couch next to her husband.
His eyes narrowed as he looked at the ring and back to his wife. "What are you doing?" His voice was menacingly low.
Mania snapped her fingers and the swing holding Raeveth uprooted itself and left the room at her orders. Mania's eyes lingered on the doorway before they fell on the man she once called her husband. "I'm leaving you."

Mania hadn't bothered to stay and stare at Sheogorath any longer. She held her head up as high as she could and walked out of the room. Inside she wasn't as firm, but the world would never see her crumble. She had a job to do. Her master needed to be located. Affairs needed managed. Most importantly, she needed answers. He had avoided her ever since he deliberately sent his youngest son down the path of destruction. She needed to know why.
The last time she had really spoke to him he had avoided her questions in the same way he always did - by sinking into his insanity.
Mania sighed and stepped over to her table. She would have her answers in her blank deck of cards.

She was the best divinator out of all of the gods. She even rivaled the High Priestess of Future Time. She saw the clearest future, the furthest out, and the most branches of each future. Her skill incited envy from all the other gods, and she devoted it entirely to her master. To Majnun. Divination was a skill sought after by every god in their high priest or priestess. It was the art of using blank cards to channel the World's Essence and ask questions. Answers took their shape on the cards and, depending on the skill of the reader, futures could be foretold.
Mania scowled and snapped her fingers. "Light please." A light flew off the wall and hovered overhead. Raeveth giggled at the change and Mania smiled at her daughter. "I'll teach you how to do this one day too, my little girl." Mania snapped her fingers twice and a book came rolling over and opened for her, hovering next to her. She hunkered down over the cards and focused.

Mania could hear the whispers filling her. The familiar rush of raw magic shifting the cards around on the table. Raeveth watched her mother with awe and Mania kept focused entirely on the cards.
The whispers began humming. "Where is my master?" Mania asked them.
Three cards flipped over. A daffodil. A house. A scorch mark.
He was at the old house. That was surprisingly easy. What was he doing there? She shook her head; she could ask him later.
Mania waved her arm over the cards and they flipped over, blank once again.
The whispers picked up until they started humming again and Mania smiled. "Quisquam." Anything.
Three cards again. The whispers were loud in her ear. Near future.
A caged swallow. A knife. A shadow.
Eveline would be attacked.
Useful, but Mania needed more. "Magis." She held her hand over the cards and squeezed her fingers.
Three more cards. This future went in three potential directions.
A set of fangs.
A swallow surrounded in light.
A grave.
"Magis." More. Mania commanded. She needed more. Into the branch of the fangs she went.
Two cards flipped over again. Two more forks this future could take.
A swallow with broken wings.
A set of rings.
Mania nodded and cleared the cards once again by waving her arm over them. The whispers chattered again until they were humming. "Quisquam." Anything. Mania commanded.
Four cards this time. The whispers were soft and calm. Distant future.
A swallow over a nest. A monk with a twisted cross. A singing baby swallow.
Mania's breath sucked in suddenly. A raven being kissed by a shadow figure. Her eyes darted to her daughter. Her daughter's future was right behind that card. She clenched her jaw, she needed to know about the monk. She had to let this opportunity pass. She may never get the opportunity to see her daughter's future again, but the monk with the twisted cross meant a new priest would rise. She needed answers. She held her hand out over the monk's card. "Magis." More.
Three cards.
A mermaid.
A chalice with Majnun's symbol on it.
A pool of water.
"Magis." More. Mania held her hand out over the picture of a chalice.
One card: A poison apple in the shape of a heart.
Mania's arm waved over the cards and they were blank again. She hovered over her deck.

She cracked her fingers. "Quisquam." Anything.
Three cards. The whispers were noiser. Near future.
A wolf in a jester's costume. A clock ticking in the wrong direction. A gavel.
Mania frowned. Majnun would mess with time? That would be suicide. The Time Keepers would destroy him for that. She held her hand out over the gavel. "Magis." More. The master couldn't get himself caught up in this. He absolutely couldn't.
Two cards.
A scythe.
Broken chains.
Her hand focused over the card of broken chains. "Magis." More.
One card: A growling wolf pup.
Mania sighed. The wolf pup was Alec's symbol.
"Satis." Enough.
It was time to go visit her master.

As Mania approached the ruined house she held her hand out and created a bubble to deflect the onslaught of magic this place reeked. She clutched Raeveth closer to her. She didn't want to take her daughter here, but she had no choice. She sent Deliro to Dragon Valley to uncover why there was so much magical anguish radiating from there, and Kefka got his orders to head back to Bridgeport to keep an eye on the woman Sheogorath stupidly took, thusly leaving Sheogorath as the only option to watch her daughter.
Absolutely not.

So here she was. If the master wasn't here she would truly test the theory that she could kill someone with her nagging.
The thought made her bitter. That stupid man. Why did she love him?
She walked up the drive and she could feel the magic beating at her incessantly. It was enough to make her dizzy, but she pressed onwards. She stepped over mounds of rubble and ruined house. It was almost eerie, the broken toys on the floor, the books with plants growing out of them. The entire place made her skin crawl.

She felt herself getting light headed as she entered the side room where she found Majnun. This was the source of the magic. She could feel it and it nearly overwhelmed her.

"Master."
He gritted his teeth. "Tis a bit dangerous to take your child out for a stroll here." His voice was light and airy, but his body language showed anguish. "She looks like you."
He hadn't even turned to look at them, but Mania smiled. "I left Sheogorath today." She wasn't sure what kind of response she would get from him at this point, but she braced herself for the worst.
Majnun's hand ran along the ground slowly, and his face was still.

Mania shifted and frowned, "I know that you're probably upset, but I just couldn't wait any longer for him to-"
"Finally." He said quietly.
She stared at him with a strange confusion.
"You thought I would be angry?" He chuckled.
"You fed me to your wife because I hadn't had a child yet." She scowled.
Majnun's face soured. "She's not my wife." He gripped his left hand closed.
"Sorry. Ex-wife. Whatever." Mania shrugged.
Majnun laughed again and rubbed his face with his hand. "Sometimes I forget why I chose you as my high priestess and then you remind me." He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair, slicking back a strand of hair that had fallen in his face.

"Doesn't change that you fed me to her." Mania persisted.
"That I did. What are you going to do about it?" Majnun's voice was flat and he straightened himself. He was daring her to challenge him.
She scowled, "why?! Why did you do it? You know I've wanted a child for forever. Why punish me for it?"
"And now you have one." Majnun shrugged. "You need to stop pretending the world just happens to you, Mania. We all take our part in it."
Mania frowned and looked down. "I have reports for you, master." She changed the topic.
"I take it I'm going to hear it whether I like it or not." He sighed.
Mania glared. "Dragon Valley has been giving off waves of unnatural magical energy. Bridgeport is also experiencing a shift in that too. I sent Deliro and Kefka to investigate respectively. I've divined out a few futures. Eveline will be attacked in the near future, you will mess with time and get arrested in the near future, and in the distant future, you'll take on a new, powerful priest."
Majnun frowned, "my swallow." He spoke quietly.
Mania nodded, "the future is weighted in her surviving. Good odds, but there is still a chance she won't make it." Mania sighed, knowing what he'd ask next before he opened his mouth. "I'll dig in my heels and look into the matter further tonight."
Majnun looked up at the sky and nodded slightly.
Mania frowned and shook her head. "What are you doing, master? I warned you so many times to not go down this path. I begged you. Why didn't you listen? You're going to die!"
Majnun began muttering under his breath.
"No! You're not getting out of this one! You've avoided me for over twenty years! I TOLD you that Alec going to Isla Paradiso would bring your death. I told you and you did it anyways! Did you think I was joking?!"
"Only the daffodils joke." He said hoarsely.
Mania shook her head, "no, master. No more nonsense. I need to know. You're being risky and foolish. This isn't you. Why do you want to throw yourself onto death? It doesn't make any sense!"

Majnun stared off into the distance as he twisted the ring on his finger. "My heart has been dead for almost four hundred years." He whispered levelly. "I'm tired of living heartless, Mania. It's time that my body caught up."

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #786 on: April 24, 2016, 01:13:32 PM »
I loved the chapter! Good for Mania! Stephen is such a butthole though to put it nicely. The architecture is stunning.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #787 on: April 24, 2016, 01:29:32 PM »
*heart weeps for Majnun* I'm so glad Mania finally grew a spine! And she really is devoted if she gave up the (possibly) only chance she would have to see her beloved daughter's future! I hope the fangs in relation to Evie means that Jupiter is going to come to his senses *lives in hope*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #788 on: April 24, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »
I suppose that I should feel disoriented--you have taken us four centuries into the future.
I'm both sad and happy for Mania (who I'd never really care about before)--what's Sheogorath's story and why couldn't he love her? Good on Mania for deciding she could have a better life without him!

I'm fascinated about and bewildered by all the mysteries and questions being dangled before me.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Heartless/Author's Announcement
« Reply #789 on: April 24, 2016, 05:10:57 PM »
I loved the chapter! Good for Mania! Stephen is such a butthole though to put it nicely. The architecture is stunning.  :)
Thank you so much, and thank you for all of your incredible help!
Stephen is such a butthole. It's ok. I hear karma isn't kind to those like that.

*heart weeps for Majnun* I'm so glad Mania finally grew a spine! And she really is devoted if she gave up the (possibly) only chance she would have to see her beloved daughter's future! I hope the fangs in relation to Evie means that Jupiter is going to come to his senses *lives in hope*

It's so hard not to feel for Majnun these days. Yes! Mania did grow a spine! All of Majnun's tough-love on her finally paid off! ::)
She did give it up - she knows where her loyalties are: to Majnun.
Fangs as an indication of Jupiter you say? Huh, what an interesting though! ;)

I suppose that I should feel disoriented--you have taken us four centuries into the future.
I'm both sad and happy for Mania (who I'd never really care about before)--what's Sheogorath's story and why couldn't he love her? Good on Mania for deciding she could have a better life without him!

I'm fascinated about and bewildered by all the mysteries and questions being dangled before me.
Hopefully it wasn't too disorienting! I would hate for my readers to feel lost! I try to mark all of the present day stories as such!
Mania is actually not that bad of a character, she's just been portrayed pretty negatively. I try to have all of my nasty characters at the very least have a reason for being nasty. I've never been able to handle characters who are evil just for the sake of being evil. Sheogorath has such an interesting story, and he's such an interesting guy. Perhaps in the future I'll have more time to flesh out his life a little more. It's really a shame he's sitting in the dark most of the time around here.

Author's Announcement:
Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you so, so much for your awesome support of my stories. I love getting to chat with everyone and see what's confusing and what I can improve on or just what you might enjoy! I'm so amazed by all the support I get, whether it's through silent readers or active commenter! At this point it's been a while since I've mentioned this, but I really, really should emphasize that this story wouldn't be half as awesome without the help of the wonderful @mpart.
Now I know we've mentioned that we're collaborating between the two of us and it's been so awesome getting a fresh view of my story once again.
Unfortunately, due to my silliness, I forgot to credit her for Stephen - as he's from her Labelle storyline, and he's a real piece of work. If you aren't familiar with the Labelle's I'd love to point you to the direction of her Perfect Genetics Challenge and her Legacy (that's now featuring our dearest Liam, Jack, and Jupiter Reaper as they watch over a spectacularly adorable baby girl)!
That being said, mpart and I have been brewing something super, extra awesome in the coming generation and I just wanted to prep you guys for it. This story, for a majority of the beginning was meandering around with very little guiding it's story. That started to change around Generation 4 (Noten's dystopia) and it's evolved into the beast that it is today. If you saw how often mpart and I go back and forth and work out every kink and wrinkle in the lore and history of this world you would probably think we were crazy. It's been a little hectic but I'm having a blast.
Anyways, this is relevant because this next storyline I've been working on is going to start putting a heavier emphasis on the magic, gods, lore, history, and legends that have been briefly discussed, or perhaps not discussed at all. This is new territory for me, and I want everyone to understand that I've basically been rolling around in all of these stories and lore without coming up for air for the past several months. Due to this, I want to let everyone know that if anything is ever unclear to please just write me a comment or shoot me a PM because to me, everything makes sense, but OF COURSE it makes sense to me, I helped create it with mpart!
What I'm trying to say, in a great many words, is that since this is new territory I would greatly appreciate if you guys gave me feedback when things are getting unclear so I know where I can improve my explanations.

Meanwhile, I'm also going to highlight that I couldn't have made it this far without mpart.

Now, I swear, I'm almost done. One more tidbit.
I've been working on a bit of a project on my own involving the Reapers. I don't want to say what it is yet, but I hope that perhaps you all will enjoy it when I finally go live with the project. Currently I have 3 weeks left of my INSANE class schedule and then I'll be able to dump more time into this story.

Sentimental bit: This story has meant so, so much to me. It's gotten me through a lot of troubling times and I really can't express how much this story means to me. There just aren't words there. Thank you to everyone for everything... I hope that this story will continue to be entertaining.

With great love,
Livvielove

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #790 on: April 24, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »
Aww! I'm glad I could help! You really helped me A LOT with my stories so I'm glad I can help you too. Stephen is Stephen. He is more like an annoying creature that happens to appear in stories from time to time. No worries. I'm really excited about what is going to happen! It has been so much fun creating the crazy lore with you. I'm glad I could help knowing that you have helped me so much in my stories. Especially with the mush. :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #791 on: April 25, 2016, 01:36:21 PM »
Aw, Liv, we love you too!!! And mpart of course ;-) life would be pretty dull without your crossover! It makes me nostalgic for The Wyvern's and The Clarke's *sob* but, since I have Labelle's and Reaper's (and Keeper's) I'm totally sorted ;-D keep 'em coming you lovely Simmers!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #792 on: April 25, 2016, 04:36:33 PM »
Aw, Liv, we love you too!!! And mpart of course ;-) life would be pretty dull without your crossover! It makes me nostalgic for The Wyvern's and The Clarke's *sob* but, since I have Labelle's and Reaper's (and Keeper's) I'm totally sorted ;-D keep 'em coming you lovely Simmers!

Aww! I miss that so much too. I read the Clarke's nonstop and I'm still patiently waiting for another update of the wonderful story if the author permits it. Even if it has been almost 2 years.  :'(  ;D

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #793 on: April 25, 2016, 10:14:24 PM »
Ivane is currently working in China, and we all know how strict they are on the internet over there :-(

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Rules of Stubbornness
« Reply #794 on: April 27, 2016, 01:30:53 AM »
Aww! I'm glad I could help! You really helped me A LOT with my stories so I'm glad I can help you too. Stephen is Stephen. He is more like an annoying creature that happens to appear in stories from time to time. No worries. I'm really excited about what is going to happen! It has been so much fun creating the crazy lore with you. I'm glad I could help knowing that you have helped me so much in my stories. Especially with the mush. :)
You're a dear friend to me now! I don't think I could do this without you!
Stephen is Stephen, but he makes cute babies, so I think it was worth it by making him a Maniac letting Mania seduce him.

I'm glad you're enjoying our crazy crossover! I've got two more parts of an update coming at you!

Be warned everyone! It's a doozy! I broke the character limit on the forum! Again! ::) Oopsies. That's ok, I had tons of pictures for it too. I think it's time everyone got to meet a certain priest of Majnun's, as well as get a lot of happy, gooey, mushy stuff I'm so good at. ;)

OH! And perhaps you'll recognize another name that'll come up in a conversation between said priest and Majnun? Maybe? ;) ::) 8)

Rules of Stubbornness: Part One
Anne could feel the warmth of sunlight coming in her window. Her eyes were sore and stiff, but she didn’t think much of it. She smiled regardless and shifted slightly in bed; her mind partially wondered if Daisy had opened her curtains this morning or if she had simply forgot to close them the night before. Her eyelids fluttered open to strange bedposts in a strange room.
This wasn’t her bedroom.

She sat up suddenly and looked around as the previous day’s events played over her mind. Charlotte. Daisy. Her daffodils. She shuddered. The fire. The pain. She clutched her arms around herself when someone else’s arms found their way around her and pulled her back further into the bed. Anne turned her head quickly and relaxed immediately as Majnun smiled at her. The storage closet. Majnun. The wedding. She remembered it all now. She slid back into his embrace and rested her head against his chest. “Good morning, my heart.” He whispered into her hair.

Anne felt a smile tugging at her lips as he used that term of endearment. “Good morning,” she whispered. She sucked in her lips to resist grinning. “My husband.” She added sweetly.
Majnun pulled her tighter against him. “How are you feeling?” He whispered, his face serious and filled with concern. “Does anything hurt still?”
Anne shook her head softly and sighed. Her happy face fell as she thought back on the way her flowers screamed. Her mind raced with everything. Yesterday was both the worst and best day of her life and her mind was still reeling from the sudden shift. She can only recall being hit a few times in her entire life, but being shoved, hit, and dragged all in one brief period was overwhelming to remember. She closed her eyes tightly and tried to think of anything else. Majnun’s hand ran through her hair and back up her back repeatedly; she smiled softly at him before a thought dawned on her. Her eyes came open wide and she took herself in. She wasn’t in her wedding dress any longer. Her hair was down. She wasn’t even in the same room she remembered being in when she fell asleep. When did she fall asleep? Her mind was turning. She remembered looking up at the sky with Majnun on the grass the night before and then… nothing. “Where are we?” She whispered. She sat up and looked around, the room was filled with color, but more importantly, flowers - daffodils.

She looked back to Majnun suddenly who was smiling at her. “Welcome home.”
It was magical. She wasn’t sure what else she could’ve expected. “All the flowers! Indoors? But… how?”
Majnun chuckled, “no idea. Perhaps it’s magic?” He teased.
Anne pursed her lips, unsure as to why the thought hadn’t occurred to her. She never thought that this would be possible - yet anything was possible with magic.
“I just wanted you to feel more at home here.” Majnun whispered. “I figured that, after yesterday, you might need to hear a good joke.” He paused, “then I thought, well, what if the daffodil I bring in doesn’t have a good joke to tell you? So I got a lot of them.”
Anne giggled.
Majnun nodded, “at least one of them had something funny to say.”
Her eyes remained warm, but she looked down now. “When did you move us here?”
“After you drifted off in the meadow. You had such a long day, I didn’t want to wake you. I hope that was alright.”
She nodded but her face was still in thought, “so we didn’t…” She spoke slowly and trailed off nervously.
Majnun narrowed his eyes, “didn’t… what?”
Anne flushed with embarrassment. She wasn’t sure if she would be able to say it.
“Anne?” Majnun’s jaw was sterner. He hated being left in the dark. He had to remind himself that this was willful ignorance because he loved her, and he would not break her trust by digging through her mind, as much as he wanted to. A thought caused his lip to twitch into a smile, even if he did look, he probably wouldn’t understand her mind without her help anyways.

“Well…” She bit her lip and shifted to the edge of the bed and started to stand. Majnun let himself smile fully, he found her shyness amusing. She cleared her throat. “Typically, a marriage needs to be…” She struggled to say it. “Consummated.”
Majnun nearly choked after the word came out. It was a strange sense of laughter and surprise. “That… you mean… I…” Now he was struggling for words. He tilted his head back and forth before pursing his lips. “I don’t think that would be the best idea.” He finally stated.
Anne looked at him now with furrowed brows. “What do you mean?” Her voice was soft with confusion.
Majnun frowned, “I’ve never done anything like that before. I’m not entirely sure that would be wise, and I’m not going to risk you to find out.”
Anne frowned, “that’s not how this works…”
Majnun sucked in his cheek, here they went again. He sighed and half laughed.
“What?” Anne looked at him with a twinge of hurt in her eyes.

Majnun chuckled, “I’m just admiring the woman I took in as my wife. Stubbornness and all.”
“I’m not stubborn!” She said quietly. “Am I?”
He looked at her with tenderness in his eyes. “You assume stubbornness is a negative trait to have, my heart, but it is quite the contrary. It’s part of the reason why I love you.” He paused and let out a soft breath. “Anyways, you were in the middle of telling me the correct way to do things.” He grinned. 
Anne looked down, “I’m not always right though…” She whispered.
Majnun felt a twinge of sadness at how easily she let the little things bother her. She was above it all, and she didn’t even see it. “You are in my world.” He whispered back.
“I just don’t see how we’ll be able to have children without it.” She shook her head.
They were back onto the previous conversation. “That’s easy. I’ve done it before. When you’re ready, you let me know and we can take it from there. There’s no rush - we have all the time in the world.” He reached for her and pulled her to him again.
“No.” Anne shook her head. “I don’t want to do this by magic.”

It was Majnun’s turn to look confused. “You do realize that I am, practically, made up of magic, yes? Any child we have would be…” He sighed, “magical.”
Anne nodded, “I know that. It doesn’t bother me at all. I just want to do this the natural way.”
Majnun frowned, “I’m not sure I could even do that.”
“Can’t we at least try?” Anne looked at him hopefully.
Majnun bit his cheek in thought, “I suppose. I would feel better if you would consider letting me turn you into a source.”
“A source?” Anne spoke slowly.
“Someone with the affinity for magic. There are many types and-”
“No. I would… I would prefer not.” Anne frowned.
“There’s nothing wrong with it,” Majnun persisted. “It wouldn’t change anything about you… but it could do many great things. You wouldn’t need to worry about sickness… you could do whatever you’d like whenever…” He looked at her intensely, “I could worry less about your safety when I’m not next to you.” He paused, “and it would make matters of immortality that much simpler!” It all made sense in his head, but Anne was still shaking hers.
“Am I not good enough as I am?” She whispered.
Majnun frowned, “that’s not what I meant at all… Anne.” His voice was low and he approached her. “You’re perfect as you are-”

“Then why do I need to change?” She looked up at him with big eyes.
She twisted him up inside. She changed all the rules. She tested his patience. She always had to win. She was always right. She infuriated him. She was perfect. He didn’t want to bend on this. “So that I will never need to be without you.”
Anne’s face softened and she smiled. “You’re worried about that?” She was more bewildered by the romantic statement than confused.
“Of course I am.” How could she not see that? He could almost chuckle. She couldn’t see how incredible she was.
“I’ll die when I’m meant to die, Majnun.” She said calmly. “Not a moment sooner or later.”
He shook his head, “you don’t need to die at all!”
“Everyone dies eventually, Majnun. I don’t plan to cheat fate or death.” She responded simply.
“Please, you have to reconsider!” This wasn’t going how he intended at all.
“No magic, Majnun.” She repeated. “Please?”
He sighed, “you must realize how silly that sounds?” He was the GOD of Magic and Madness. Part of that was magic.
“I know, and I’m not asking you to give it up, I just don’t want it to be used unnecessarily on me. I don’t need it, but there are others who might.” Anne’s face was gentle and soft.
“It doesn’t work that way-”

“Please, Majnun.” She cut him off. “Do this for me?”
He bit hard on his cheek, his face was stern. “I will drop the subject.” His voice was low and he paused before continuing. “For now.”
“Thank you.” Anne said warmly.
“You win.” Majnun looked at her, as always, he added in his head. “I have two conditions though, and I will not bend on them.”
Anne pursed her lips but nodded, “what are they?”
“First, you must promise me you’ll consider letting me extend your life.” Majnun held up his hand, as he could see she wanted to speak. “Consider it. That’s all I’m asking.”
Anne reluctantly agreed, “I will consider it then.”
“Second,” Majnun continued, scowling slightly as he did so, “if we are going to… have a child the way… the way you wish to, then I need you to swear to me that I can use whatever magic on you for the entire duration of your pregnancy. This includes up to your full recovery after our child is born.”
Anne made a face at him, “that’s highly unnecessary.”
“It’s my condition. If you want to conceive naturally, that’s what I ask for in return.” Majnun steeled himself. He refused to budge. His magic was far too volatile to be risking her unprotected. He could be stubborn too.

Anne weighed the options in her head, “and after I give birth?” She asked quietly.
“I get free reign to use magic on you until you’re recovered fully.” He stated.
“After that?” Anne needed to know he wouldn’t overstep even after that. Majnun frowned. The woman saw through every plan he had.
“Then, if you wish,” he sighed dramatically, “I will not use excessive magic on you.”
“What you deem excessive, or what I deem excessive?” She pushed.
Curse that woman, he gritted his teeth. “After you are deemed fully recovered, I will not use what YOU deem to be excessive magic on you.”
“When someone else deems me fully recovered…” Anne added in.
Majnun growled softly, “you’re trying to break me, aren’t you?”
Anne smiled sweetly, her eyes looking expectantly at him.
“Fine. Fine. You win!” He threw his hands up, “I get free reign to use any magic I see fit on you during your pregnancy and after up until someone else clears you as fully recovered. Then I will stop using what you deem to be excessive magic.”
“Thank you.” Her smile grew and she threw her arms around him.
He sighed and breathed into her hair, he wrapped his arms around her and frowned. “When was the last time you’ve eaten, my heart?” He looked at her with concern.
Anne frowned in thought, “since… before I sent you away the first time.” She looked down, “I was just too upset to really eat much… and then… everything fell apart.”

Majnun’s eyes were wide. He was concerned about her dying in the future when here she was starving herself now. In a moment he swept her off the ground and moved her back to the bed. “Then we get you food first.”
Anne giggled from the movement, but she looked at him confused. “First?”
“I have a lot I want to show you today.” Majnun seemed almost excited at the idea. “You’ll need to eat first though.” He paused and frowned for a moment before his eyes fixated on the wall behind her, “well, that’s odd.” He said.
Anne’s brow furrowed, she turned to look at the wall but saw nothing. She laughed, “what is it?” She turned to look back at him and saw a tray of food hovering above her lap. “Majnun…” She started.
“What? There’s no proof that I used magic to make that.” He grinned, his voice fell low into a whisper, “cut me some slack, I don’t know how to cook yet.”
Anne couldn’t help but laugh and dig into the food. At this point, she was far too hungry to even care if the food had been days old sitting there, let alone made my magic. She had no idea what Majnun had in store for her, but if it was anything like this morning she’d need her strength.

Anne finished getting dressed and pinning her hair while Majnun watched her from the archway. She turned and nearly jumped, but she laughed as her heartbeat calmed down. “I didn’t expect you to be there!” She giggled.

He smiled, “I can be quiet when I want to be.”
“So I see,” she was still laughing softly. “What’s next on the agenda?”
He held out his hand, “come with me.” He walked with her over to the doorway, “I want to show you around our home.”

The house itself was unlike anything Anne had ever seen. Magic seemed to be moving things around constantly. Windows being opened, books flying around from room to room. It left her in awe. Majnun put flowers in nearly every single room.

Primarily daffodils, of course.
"All of these flowers, Majnun they're so beautiful!" Her eyes were big and she stared at them lovingly. It helped her feel a little better after watching all of the love and devotion she put into her last garden go up in flames.
"Notice anything?" He asked with a twitch of his eyebrow.
Anne pursed her lips, "probably not what you're implying, what is it?"
"There's not a single hydrangea." He grinned.
"I was wondering why the room felt so positive." Anne said seriously. "They truly do never have a nice thing to say." She shook her head.
Majnun looked lovingly at her while she got on her knees and examined the flowers. "I could never have my heart feeling insulted in her own home." His voice was soft.
She flushed at the compliment, and Majnun decided if he could make her do that at least once a day everything would be worth it.
"Is this the kitchen?" She stood suddenly and hesitantly leaned into the archway.

"If that's what you'd like to name it, sure."
She laughed lightly and looked at him with the laughter still in her eyes. "It looks so lovely!"
She continued to lean in and look around while Majnun snuck up on her quietly. She hadn't noticed the shift until he was against her ear and she jumped back, falling into him. "You don't need to sneak around," he whispered with a cocky smile. "You won't scare anything here. I promise."
She looked down shyly, her cheeks warming up and turning a light pink. "I'm just not sure if it's ok for me to go some places."
Majnun frowned, his brow furrowing. "Why wouldn't it be?"
"I wasn't allowed in the kitchen at-" She paused and remembered her parents and frowned. "-at my parents house. Nor the study unless it were of matters of importance."
"It's a good thing this isn't your parents' house, then." His face held an air of teasing.
Anne pursed her lips, "I don't want to overstep myself..."
"You cannot." He whispered, "well, unless you're trying to lunge past the distance your legs can reach - or there's ice involved. That's truly the worst."
She wasn't sure what was funnier, the fact that he said it, or the fact that he was serious about it. "Where to next?"
"Ah! This way."

"Is this the living room?"
"Well, that's a better name than the 'room with furniture.' You're much better at this than I am."
Anne stared at the fireplace, "the fire is blue!"
He studied it seriously, "indeed. Would you prefer it to be purple?"
Anne looked at him with her eyes narrowed and a soft smile tugging on her lips. "Purple?"
"Well, I figured that would be better than green." He shrugged.
"What about the color of fire?"
"That's what we're talking about, aren't we?" He looked at her skeptically.
"Isn't fire normally orange and yellow, perhaps with red?" Anne laughed.
He tilted his head, "mortals and their rules." He shook his head. "Fire can be any color it wants to be. It just has to make up it's mind. This fire wanted to be blue. I hope you won't make it change."
Anne looked back at the fire and shook her head, "absolutely not. It must be whatever it wants to be." She said to the fire, and surprisingly the fire flickered happily in response. Anne's eyes went a little big but she laughed. "That's terrible!" She giggled.
"What's it telling you? I hate being left out of the joke." He frowned.
Anne bit her lip and looked at him with a grin. "It told me that being blue was better than being you."
He scowled. "The whole house is out to get me." He pinched the bridge of his nose.
Anne sympathetically nodded, but there was a teasing fire in her eyes. Her eyes shifted to the doors behind him. "Where do those go?"
Majnun was deep in thought when he looked at her suddenly, realizing she had asked him something. "Oh? Those? Good question. I have no idea." He shrugged.
Anne shook her head sweetly, "can I look?"
"No." Majnun stared at her deeply before his face broke into a smile. "Of course you can." He shook his head. He walked over to her and grabbed her hand, looking at her with insanity twisting around behind his eyes. He pointed to the floor below her feet. "This piece of floor is yours." He pointed to the next one. "This one is yours as well." He pointed to the next one. "This piece of floor is definitely yours." He pointed further away, "that one..." he shuddered, "creepy, but still yours." He turned to look back at her, raising his eyebrows playfully as he did so, "I will go through and count out every floor tile, brick, and paneling that's yours if you'd like... or you can take my word for it that it's all yours." He shrugged. "Your choice."
"Majnun..." She looked at him with a bit of sadness in her eyes.
"Anne..." He mimicked her tone, but his voice was light and airy. He pulled her chin up to look at him. "You have a right to everything in this house - no, everything on this property." He paused, and frowned off to the side, "no, no you're right," he spoke to the air next to her before looking back at her, "everything of mine you have a right to." He nodded finally, satisfied with the answer.
Anne looked at him with eyes filled with hope. "You don't have to-"
He held up his hand and stopped her. "You still don't get it." He looked at her intensely before grabbing her hand and placing it on his chest. "You're more than just my wife. You're my heart. You're a part of me that I didn't know was missing until I met you. What's mine is yours because you are... well... a part of me." All the insanity had cleared from his eyes as he looked at her now.
Anne felt her whole self warm at the thought and she kissed his cheek gently. "Thank you."
He nodded and gestured to the doorway, causing the door to open for her. "I remember what it was now. I made this room for you. I hope you like it."
The room itself was beautiful. There was books and bookshelves, a hanging seat that made the entire room feel enchanted. Further in there was an archway leading to another easel

Anne sat and tried to take it all in without crying. She felt she had shed more tears of all different emotions in the past few days than she had in several years.

"Is that another easel for me?" She whispered as blinked back happy tears.
Majnun nodded. "All the easels are for you. I only have three at the moment, but we can get as many as you'd like. We could do one in every room if you'd prefer." He tilted his head, trying to gauge her reaction.
Her hand covered her mouth. "You'll let me have an easel anywhere? But what if it gets in the way?"
"In the way of what?" Majnun grew further confused. "You can do whatever you'd like - this is your house! If anything it would be that those things that you think you are getting in the way of... are actually..." He paused and stared off into the distance, his eyes darting back and forth as something was processing in his head. He pressed his hand to his head above his eye and frowned. "Well, you get what I mean."
Anne looked at him affectionately, but paused. “You said there were three easels, where's the third one?”
“We'll get there. We're not finished looking at the house yet!”
"If surprises like these keep up, I don't think I can take much more." Anne said quietly.
"We're almost done." He smiled warmly and made a nod for her to follow him out into the entryway again. She walked out with him and he began to speak, "you probably won't use this room very often, but if you hear noises, it's probably coming from here." He opened the door behind the stairs and sauntered in, leaning against the wall in the small room as Anne quietly peaked into the room. He made a goofy face at her as she grew bolder and stepped further in.

"Bells?"
"It's a way I keep track of everything... and, well, everyone." He pursed his lips.
"How does it work?" She reached out and touched one of the silver bells, but it made no sound.

"If someone wants to see me, they can make the bell ring so I know to let them in. It's mostly boring business stuff." He rolled his eyes, "explosions, routine dismemberment, someone stepping out of line; you'd think the world would fall apart without me." He paused and looked upwards in thought. "Well... it would, but..." His face grew smug as he shrugged that time.
"Let them in?" Anne asked quietly.
Majnun grinned, "do you think I would just leave our house open for anyone to just walk into? Absolutely not!" He tilted his head in her direction, his eyes growing soft, "I have something of great value here now."
Anne stared at the curve of the bells before looking at him with a smile.
"What's next?"
"I have another surprise for you." He looked at her confidently. "Close your eyes."
Anne did as she was told and Majnun lead her slowly outside. After a minute he stopped her and stepped down some stairs before lifting her down them and placing her on the walkway. "Can I open my eyes yet?"
"Not yet."
They continued to walk forward and Anne was getting jittery. "Now?"
"Yes." He smiled. "You can open them now."

Anne smiled at the easel. "You didn't need to do all of this for me." She whispered.
Majnun laughed, "you think that's the surprise?!" He paused. "HA!"
He stepped up behind her closer and covered her eyes with his hand. "What you just saw is what everyone else will see. This garden is your own, and only for you will it let its colors show."
He removed his hand from over her eyes.

Anne gasped suddenly and turned to look at Majnun. "Is that your magic?" She asked him with awe.
He thought about saying something sarcastic back to her, but her glee overrode that decision. "Of course."
She threw her arms around him, "you're so wonderful!" She half shouted as she laughed. "This is so incredible. You didn't need to go to all this effort for me."
Majnun's face grew serious. "I wanted to be sure you could paint anywhere you wanted to. I've got plenty of canvases and paints currently for you to use... even some non-magical, if you would prefer. If you ever run low and I don't notice first, you need only ask me."
"I don't think I could've placed these better myself. Is this how you used to paint?" She asked while gazing at him softly.
He took in a breath and a frown became etched into his features. He debated lying to her, but what would the point in that be? She already knew his deep secret to begin with. "No." He answered simply. "The King did not like that his son was a painter and he wanted to eliminate all chances that said son could ever paint." He frowned. "The prince refused to give it up though, and so he slowly constructed a hidden room of his own to paint in. It was dark, dusty, and cramped, but it worked. Unfortunately it's very hard to be inspired that way, apparently." Majnun shrugged and looked off into the distance, unfortunate clarity in his eyes. "One day his father found his hidden room, thanks to his older brother and they destroyed everything in it."
Anne frowned to herself. "That's terrible." She hadn't missed how Majnun did not refer to himself as the prince, but rather in third person. She briefly wondered if she should ask about that, but in the end she let it pass.
"He swore that day that he would never paint again." Majnun nodded, looking back at Anne.
"You know you're always welcome to paint, if the mood ever strikes you." Anne looked at him with curious eyes.
Majnun smiled weakly at her. "I don't paint." He said quietly while shrugging. "Come, now, I've got a few other things I need to show you."

anything