Author Topic: The Biggest, Happiest Family Challenge! For Family-Oriented Players ~ Ch.20 3/19  (Read 23345 times)

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Hey there everybody! I've never really posted here much, but I had this idea last night after craving some family play but finding challenges the most fun way to play the game anymore.

The Biggest, Happiest Family Challenge

Rules/Goals
1. Your Sim must start with the Big, Happy Family Aspiration and complete it at some point in their life.
2. At least 3 children in every generation, with a max of 5 (to account for twins/triplets in final pregnancy)
3. Each generation, a descendant takes the throne and has the aspiration. *Can be any of your children.
5. Every one of the children must complete at least one *childhood aspiration
6. Each teenager must max one teen career.
7. Each child must have a career, a maxed skill, be married, and have at least one child before moving out (can be modified for storytelling purposes)
8. Must be a room/mausoleum of some sort that houses all remains with one special item for each member possible(a photo, painting, non-perishable food, woodwork, career rewards etc).

Additional Options(to make it more challenging):
1. No additional traits(outside of earned aspiration traits)
2. No life potions !
3. No potions at all
4. Each descendant has to have the "Family-Oriented" trait.
5. All skills completed have to be unique (for descendants or entire family)
6. Descendants also have to complete "Successful Family" aspiration !
7. House worth (100k/500k/1000k/etc)
8. Descendants have to complete an additional aspiration !
9. Kids must max a skill before moving out

*(clarification/changes added 12/29)
! = in my playthrough

Tips:
1. Get married and start baby making A-S-A-P! You've gotta be alive for the birth of your last grandchild! (Note: And for your child to max a career! This takes the longest by far)
2. Build your mausoleum in a basement with no stairs, so that ghosts won't bug you 
3. Have fun! This isn't as much of a competition challenge as a fun way to play the game

Challenge ends when you hit 5+ generations (your choice!), or when you fail to meet one of the goals.

I'm thinking of maybe creating a points system to make this challenge more competitive, but this is more a fun, new take on family gameplay!

Please let me know what you think, and what changes should be made!

(of course, it is partially inspired by the Immortal Dynasty challenge by MetroMan, although unintentional after I read through I figured giving credit where credit is due is important!)

I'm beginning this challenge now, with my simself, Echo Lee!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She's a Family-Oriented, Lazy, Geek, just like me! I'll be posting minor updates to her story on this thread as I go along.

She and her freshly-built starter are on the gallery, tagged #biggesthappiestfam

Let's proceed with the madness!

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Skipping Ready Set and Going Straight to Go
Chapter 2: The First Nooboo!
Chapter 3: Nooboo Number Two(ooo)
Chapter 4: …And Three’s a Crowd
Chapter 5: Much, MUCH Harder
Chapter 6: Surviving But Not Thriving
Chapter 7: Attempted Romance and Makin’ Bank
Chapter 8: Short and Sweet!
Chapter 9: I'm Getting Older, Too
Chapter 10: Pairing Off and Having Fun
Chapter 11: Grandnooboo!
Chapter 12: Everest Climbing
Chapter 13: Grandkids Galore!
Chapter 14: Here Come the Brides
Chapter 15: Beginnings and Ends
Chapter 16: Age of Adeline
Chapter 17: Many Changes
Chapter 18: Growing On Up
Chapter 19: Heir Apparent
Chapter 20: Kent's Time to Shine

Family Tree (spoiler free!)
Last edited 2/5/17 at 7:09 am MST

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 12:47:48 AM »
[[I'm applying the optional rules of No Life Potions, each Descendant having the Family-Oriented Trait, Descendants also have to complete Successful Lineage Aspiration, and another aspiration on top of that. Just FYI.]]

Chapter 1 - Skipping Ready Set and Going Straight to Go

Echo Lee is nothing remarkable on the surface. Her favorite color is pink, she likes video games and singing, and is a terrible cook. Pretty typical. However, she is special… She is the first founder of one of the Biggest, Happiest Families to ever grace Sims 4!

I started her off in the Tech Career, so naturally she had to get her video gaming in while simultaneously destroying her corneas.

Then, while waiting for the welcome wagon, I let her paint a bit. Here she is giving her pathetic, stereotypical horse a feeble thumbs up.

Unfortunately, the wagon never came, so I went ahead and sent her over to the BFF household, with my eyes on Travis Scott. A match made in… Blickblock?

Fortunately for Travis, she’s also going to be completing the Soulmate Aspiration. Just a little Sims magic later, and…

Poor boy was petrified! Anyways, in true Sim fashion, they’re now engaged.

Aaaaand married.

Aaaaaaaand expecting their first baby!

Travis took a moment to come around to the idea, apparently.

All in all, a very memorable first date!

TL;DR:
Echo and Travis got together and got married, and are preggo with their first nooboo!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Biggest, Happiest Family Challenge! For Family-Oriented Players~
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 01:29:26 AM »
This is fun! I like the idea of this challenge and I will be following along. Travis and Echo seem perfect for each other.
I tend to neglect the family aspirations in this game, so having a challenge focusing on Big Happy Family would probably be good for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 02:00:23 AM »
Francesca I'm so stoked to hear that! Please let me know how your challenge goes if you give it a try.
I love seeing different family dynamics in the Sims!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:45:44 AM »
This looks like a fun idea! Travis is a great pick for first generation spouse and, yes, engaged-married-pregnant in a matter of days is definitely true first-days-of-a-challenge fashion.

I'm definitely keen to see where this goes! :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 07:09:20 AM »
Whirligig, so glad to hear that! It's so funny how you just click your mouse a couple of times and, poof, two virtual people are now a family. Being a Watcher is weird sometimes.

I have the second chapter ready, but I'm having trouble posting it to the forum. I've been receiving an error message. Hopefully I can get it resolved and get that next chapter posted today!

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »
This challenge seems like loads of fun :) for Echo and Travis to be engaged, married and pregnant on their first date brings me back to when I used to do that with my sims years ago. I'm really fascinated to know how they're going to get along with this challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 2
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »
Ch. 2 - The First Nooboo!

Life went on pretty standard in the Travis household. Lots of filling needs, skill building, and actually getting to know each other while waiting for the baby. You know, typical Sim stuff.

Whose adorable little nursery nook is elephant themed!

Poor girl. Labor started during a nap. For a lazy Sim, that's the worse of the worst.

Here’s a pic of Travis literally not caring he’s going to be a dad. I assumed he would end up crazy dancing, which is why I staged this pic in the first place, but no.

And, there he is! Welcome Sullivan Scott into the world, everybody! Nothing makes me happier in Sims than when there’s a new Nooboo, and Sully’s no exception.

These two lovebirds have a son! And it’s only been four days of gameplay! Boy, this challenge moves fast...

I honestly don’t understand Sims sometimes. Here Echo is in her new work wardrobe.

And, of course, it’s time to get pregnant again! I like having my kids close together, so here comes baby 2 of 3 already!

Sully and mom enjoying a late night feeding. His birthday is tomorrow!

He unsurprisingly aged up into a total cutie! Here he is pre and post makeover. Of course the little stinker blinked. He’s a Geek, like his parents, and his aspiration to complete is whiz kid. Also, his favorite color is orange.

I’m looking forward to seeing where this family goes! They’re a bunch of cuties :)

Achievements:
Travis got promoted to Code Monkey(3), Ace Engineer(4), and Project Manager(5)!!
Echo got promoted to Quality Assurance(2)!
Sullivan Lee was born!
Sully aged up to Child.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »
Peaches - I normally hate moving this fast, but it's kinda fun! It really does bring me back to when I would just motherlode a couple of times and get my family going, haha :) I'm so happy to hear you like it so far!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 08:21:51 AM »
Wow, a nooboo by day four! Congrats! :) Welcome to the family, Sully! I like it when my sims have babies close together, too. It means the siblings actually get to be good friends with each and spend a lot of time together! It does make it a bit of a mad dash to get those childhood aspirations finished, though.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 3
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 08:19:28 PM »
Chapter 3: Nooboo Number Two(ooo)

Echo is absolutely in love with being a mom!

Gotta make sure we get some father-son moments in as well. Nothing like viciously beating your son in a game of intelligence <3

Ahh I'm just in love with this little family, and it's so rewarding to see it grow. And I can just tell that Sully is so stoked to be a big brother!

It’s that time again! And Travis actually cares this time. This is real character development. Welcome…

…Everest Scott! We have a girl!!

Sweetheart Sully got the New Sibling! moodlet :)

My adorable little man off to his first day of school! So proud :D

Echo is loving having mommy-daughter time. I can already tell these two are gonna be best friends!

The final baby is already on the way! This is the face of a woman who knows the real horrors that await her as a mother of three.

Sweet little Ever is now a child! I can’t hardly believe how fast time is flying with these kiddos. She’s an Outgoing little girl with hopes of being an artistic prodigy, and her favorite color is yellow.

Seriously obsessed with these two cuties!

Ever became fast friends with Lucas Munch, and they ended the day as BFFs!

And all Sully has to do is get up to an A and max his mental skill and he’s done with his aspiration! Ever is on her last rank as well.

When everyone was asleep, Lucas started a fire at Sully’s chemistry station. He broke my sink, too. Maybe I was wrong to consider him for Ever’s spouse (too soon? :P).

Can’t believe this is the last baby! This challenge has been so fun so far :)

Achievements:
Little Everest Rey was born :)
Sully got up to a B!
Ever aged up into a child!
Travis got promoted to Development Captain(6)!
Echo got promoted to Ace Engineer(4)!

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 08:22:28 PM »
@Whirligig Exactly! And I love seeing them interact and play games together as children :) I've actually become really good at finishing childhood aspirations, and have been able to get all four done on a single child a few times! I really like family play, haha. I'm so glad you're reading this! I seriously appreciate your comments :D

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 09:13:55 PM »
This seems like such a fun challenge, I honestly love having big families in the Sims ;D I'll definitely be following your progress! Both kids are adorable so I can't wait to see how Baby 3 looks!

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 10:58:02 PM »
@NexttoNormal Yay, another family play lover! Isn't it awesome watching the family tree expand?? I'm so glad you're gonna stick around!

I honestly can't wait to post tomorrow's chapter! It's gonna be awesome ;)

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 4
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 03:08:25 AM »
Chapter 4: …And Three’s a Crowd

Echo was falling behind in skills for her job (probably has /nothing/ to do with pregnancy needs dropping more quickly than my sanity) so she got to take the day off and skill up!

Note to self… Don’t try to take family pictures when your Sims are still tense from a fire.

Finally got a good photo thanks to some decorative lawn bears.

Got a pretty cute photo wall going!

Ever was busy working on making friends…

…while Sully attempted to read the mind of this chess piece.

Last family dinner as a family of four! We've gotta get a bigger table!

Took some cute family photos before #3 gets here!

Final labor! “Thank Watcher it's gonna be over forever” is how I would describe Echo’s expression.

When you’re low-key in labor at the breakfast table. (Her hunger was in the dark red. Thanks, pregnancy.)

IT’S. TRIPLETS.
Honestly so flabbergasted. This came out of nowhere! Like so out of nowhere that I almost reloaded my save and used MC Command Center to fix this... issue. But, I decided to be honest and boy, am I gonna pay for it.

But I guess I might as well introduce you to our first Descendant, Adeline Scott, and her triplet brothers Hamilton and Harrison! Sully again got the New Sibling! moodlet, but poor Everest got the Unwanted Sibling moodlet. Me too, girl. Me too.

Achievements:
Travis got promoted to The Next Big Thing?(7), beginning the Start-Up Entrepreneur branch!
Ever reached Social level 10!
Adeline Ann, Hamilton Jay, and Harrison Jed were born!

A/N: The triplets being born makes my game much harder. Now, once my kids are adults, I have to get them/their future spouse pregnant before marriage, since there is only one slot left in my house, then have them get married and move out. We’ll see how it goes!

anything