Author Topic: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Completed!  (Read 159729 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Still Around
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
Milo's smile looked so much like Amelia's from the front, but Milo's all Wade from side. Hello, Robyn Nose!

Nice last-minute indecision there about Makayla Gupta, Pippin.  I agree, though, that she's super adorable and has Dat Nose!  *sighs

Wow, RNG has given you all male heirs so far?
Oh no, Valentin! You've got to move on, dude!

Marjorie is adorable and I love the violet eyes (from which parent?). Unfortunately, Lacy's already getting on my nerves, lol.
Lacy, I hope you'll eventually become a stealthy and silent vampire hunter in this challenge. :-)

I vote to give the mother of Loren and Cheyanne an award: Test Subject of the Year!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Still Around
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »
Milo's smile looked so much like Amelia's from the front, but Milo's all Wade from side. Hello, Robyn Nose!

Nice last-minute indecision there about Makayla Gupta, Pippin.  I agree, though, that she's super adorable and has Dat Nose!  *sighs

Wow, RNG has given you all male heirs so far?
Oh no, Valentin! You've got to move on, dude!

Marjorie is adorable and I love the violet eyes (from which parent?). Unfortunately, Lacy's already getting on my nerves, lol.
Lacy, I hope you'll eventually become a stealthy and silent vampire hunter in this challenge. :-)

I vote to give the mother of Loren and Cheyanne an award: Test Subject of the Year!
Well, there was no genuine indecision, I just really thought Makayla was lovely and wanted to give her all the respect she was due.  I mean, she's like a Took version of Nina Caliente!
Lacy is actually far more stealthy in the next update, so it's amusing that you mentioned that  ;=)
Alexandria Stoddard, the Test Subject of the Year, definitely had some truly lovely children!  She had received passing interest from Wade back when he was in his teen years.  She was lovely and it was unfortunate that she didn't end up getting to be a dynasty spouse, but she more than made up for it as a test subject  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, What Confidence Looks Like
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household where Chantons has happened upon Milo's childhood friend Anabelle.

Pippin:  She's all grown up and lovely and normally doesn't wear a power suit.
Chantons:  Oh my heart is beating wildly and it's all because you're here.
                 When I'm not near the girl I love, I love the girl I'm near.
                 Every femme that flutters by me is a flame that must be fanned,
                 When I can't fondle the hand I'm fond of, I fondle the hand at hand

Anabelle:  Oooo, your voice is so lovely!
Pippin:  Good thing she ignored the lyrics.

Pippin:  Things escalated quickly as it tends to when Tooks are involved.
Anabelle:  Alright, Mr. BigDynastyGuy, I know you're obsessed with that Candy McGhostgal and that Robyn was the only woman you clicked with back in your heir years, but if you and I are going to happen, it's gotta be because you actually want to be with me and not because I'd be an amusing sideline for your Watcher to write.
Pippin:  Hey!
Chantons:  Sign you name
                 Across my heart
                 I want you to be my baby
                 Sign your name
                 Across my heart
                 I want you to be my lady

Anabelle:  Squeeeee!  Done!

Pippin:  Awww, adorable boyfriend/girlfriend selfie!  And speaking of Took men who are faithful to their post-spouse partners...

Pippin:  Abernathy is definitely not one.

Pippin:  But Gaivan absolutely is.

Gaivan:  And I...because you...special and...because love.
Saanvi:  Me too, sweetie!
Lana:  Gaivan?  Gaivan Took?  Hey!  It' me, Lana Lacey!  You know, the vampire who hangs out at your house?  I notice I haven't been pollinated yet, so I'm still pretty sure you're all saving me to be a dynasty spouse.  Or maybe a post-spouse romance, you dog!  I notice you go for vampire ladies, Gaivan, you horrible flirt!  Anyway, I'm single, so...
Saanvi:  He's not.  By the way, I'm a master vampire.  You should walk away.
Lana:  ...well, I've gotta get going.  Those necks aren't gonna bite themselves, so...
Saanvi:  Keep walking.

Pippin:  Jeanette?  Why were you in the trashcan again?
Jeanette:  Well, Saanvi was here and then Lacy came around, so I didn't want to be caught in the middle of that.
Pippin:  Understandable, but what is Makayla doing in the background?
Jeanette:  Oh, she was hiding under the front door.
Pippin:  Under the...?
Jeanette:  She's really limber.
Pippin:  Ooooookay.  Anyway, we return to Took Pet Medicine which is focused on nothing but the care of furry friends.

Anabelle:  Get in there, big guy!
Chantons:  Today is the greatest
                 Day I've ever known
                 Can't live for tomorrow,
                 Tomorrow's much too long

Abernathy:  Well, ma'am, as I said, we offer full service care.
Natalia:  Sounds good to me!
Pippin:  (sigh) I promise pets are actually receiving care.  Anyway, back at Casa de Took, Anabelle is proving quite helpful to have around.

Pippin:  Here she is fixing the toilet.
Amelia:  No, sweetie, she's really not.
Anabelle:  BLARGH!!
Pippin:  ...oh...anyway, Jeanette finally hits her teen years.

Hande Gill:  When I grow up, I want to be amazing like you, Jeanette!
Jeanette:  Stick with me, young one.  I will teach you my ways.  Let's go find you a trash can.
Hande:  Sorry, what?
Pippin:  Meantime, as we've been waiting for Grim to finally come collect Valentin...
Grim:  Sorry, what?

Pippin:  the Took clan has been growing.  Chantons and Anabelle have had two beautiful daughters and the third is on the way.

Pippin:  And here's the happy couple with Chantons holding their eldest, Raven, while baby three is not even a big enough bump to show.
Anabelle:  Admit it, Pippin, you wish that I'd been around when Chantons was the active heir.
Pippin:  ...maybe.  Of course, if you had, you two would have only been able to have the one baby, so...
Anabelle:  Raven would have been fine with that, wouldn't you sweetie?
Raven:  No wan' baby!
Pippin:  And speaking of beautiful babies, Abernathy has another lovely little redhead.

Pippin:  This is Finley Maeda.  I think she may end up being a mini-Makayla!
Finley:  Or maybe she's just mega-Finley!
Abernathy:  I like this one.  She's got spunk.
Pippin:  Meantime, back at home...

Amelia:  My old man is really my old man!
Wade:  Hey!  I mean, it's true, but hey!
Gaivan:  And I...so that...because four...and we...

Pippin:  Yep.  Glad you're planning ahead.  Or whatever.  But as one life goes on...

Grim:  Wow, I just realized I'd written you in on the wrong week.  Seems I was supposed to be here for you quite a while ago...
Pippin:  What?!?!?
Grim:  Umm, sorry about that...?
Pippin:  Well, we finally have an empty slot in the house, so...

Pippin:  Woot woot!
Amelia:  No, Pippin, it's called "woohoo."
Pippin:  Nice.

Grim:  Anyway, Gaivan, Abernathy's just so busy with his experiments and Lacy has her whole vampire hunting obsession and Fluffy is kind of rooted to your front yard, so I just get so lonely.  Do you think I should get a cat?
Gaivan:  I was...and they...because when you...and lots of...so if you...that they are.
Grim:  Hmm, that's all good input.  Mind you, I didn't understand any of it, but you're a vet, so I'm sure it was quality advice.
Pippin:  I wonder if the try for baby took (no pun intended)?

Pippin:  Baby bump!!
Maya:  When blue loves orange very much, they make a rainboo.
Pippin:  Well said!  Anyway, things are going quite well for the Took household with four immortals locked in place and Milo advancing through his requirement quickly.  Yep, things are quite good.

Pippin:  Yep.  This is what confidence looks like.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, What Confidence Looks Like
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »
Huge congrats on your fourth immortal, Pippin!

Lol, your immortals are a faithless bunch!
At least, they are providing future spouses and friends for your future heirs!
What I loved about the Stoddard baby mama is that both her children had The Nose!
By the way, could you share the approximate ratio of offspring with the Took nose versus without? :D

Now, I simply can't wait to see Wade and Maya's nooboo!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, What Confidence Looks Like
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2017, 02:13:57 PM »
Huge congrats on your fourth immortal, Pippin!

Lol, your immortals are a faithless bunch!
At least, they are providing future spouses and friends for your future heirs!
What I loved about the Stoddard baby mama is that both her children had The Nose!
By the way, could you share the approximate ratio of offspring with the Took nose versus without? :D

Now, I simply can't wait to see Wade and Maya's nooboo!
Good news, I'm not making you wait too long!  I had too much for a single update last time, but not quite enough to justify a double update, so I played up until the birth and put together the update.
Not all of the Stoddard kids got the nose.  I'd say the nose is present about 75ish% of the time.
In terms of infidelity/faithlessness, Abernathy is the only bad one.  Gaivan had a committed relationship with Myla after Rieko had been gone for a while (though never made that a girlfriend relationship as the loss of Rieko was still too recent) and has now committed to Saanvi since losing Myla.  Chantons and Anabelle are a beautiful and wonderfully committed happy little family and if I were even remotely considering doing the Life States Dynasty, I'd have them as front-runners for the founding couple (though I'd make one of them a vampire).
Anyway, off to see the nooboo!!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, A Mix of Orange and Blue
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household where Saanvi continues to wander past displaying amazing fashion sense.

Saanvi:  Well, when you're a master vampire, people kind of view you as a fashion icon.
Pippin:  And others view you as a target.
Saanvi:  Ah, you've been chatting with Lacy again.
Pippin:  And speaking of Saanvi...

Pippin:  her little princess, Marjorie, is sooooooooooo cute!
Saanvi:  She takes after her mama.
Pippin:  And Otis, Gaivan and Saanvi's son, has hit childhood.

Otis:  Hello, Simverse! 
Mega-Finley:  Umm, who's the dweeb in the hat?
Mini-Makayla:  Eh, some kid of our grandpa's.
Gaivan:  hey...and the...it's that...he likes...
Otis:  You know, in my head, this introduction went much more smoothly.
Pippin:  Welcome to my world, kid.  Anyway, Milo had a couple of days off from work, so we turn our attention to knocking out party requirements.

Pippin:  And we invite lots of Abernathy's children.
Marilyn Landgraab (in front):  Looks like it's a ginger-only party.
Makayla:  Yes, but some of us make ginger look gooooooood!
Milo:  I'm orange.
Pippin:  Hmmm, looks like we need some flirting socials.
Wade:  On it!!

Amelia:  Easy, old timer.  Don't want to blow out your pace maker.
Wade:  I love you.
Amelia:  I know.
Pippin:  Hmm, also a game playing requirement.
Wade:  I'm on that too!

Pippin:  Wow.  You're really gung ho about this.
Wade:  My son is not going to be the generation that loses this dynasty!
Pippin:  Ah, apparently you're familiar with my track record.
Amelia:  Yeah, I might have let that slip.  Sorry, Pippin.
Pippin:  (blushes)  Anyway, at the second party, we have more flirty requirements.
Chantons:  Just when you need me
                 I'll be there

Pippin:  Well, that's definitely filling the requirements.  Of course, that means they aren't really keeping an eye on Raven.  Then again, what could possibly go wrong?

Pippin:  Oh.  Though the real purpose of this second party is...

Pippin:  a wedding! 

Pippin:  And after the happy couple tie the knot...

Pippin:  dance party!!
Makayla:  You know, this dynasty will be over before too long, and you'll need a founder for the next challenge...
Pippin:  ...I'll keep you in mind, Mega-Finley.
Makayla:  Makayla.
Pippin:  That's totally what I said!
Amelia:  Yeah, Mega-Finley is Swedish for Makayla.
Pippin:  Thank you, Amelia.  Thank you!  Anyway, speaking of weddings, Gaivan and Saanvi had a very quiet eloping ceremony on the porch.

Gaivan:  With you...and ring...because symbol...and love.
Saanvi:  Awww, you're so sweet!

Pippin:  Wooo!!  Confetti!  Now it's a party!  And speaking of parties...

Pippin:  having the fourth immortal locked in place certainly seems like grounds for a party!  Not that they're having one...

Pippin:  Milo and Maya are way too cute and I take way too many pictures of them.
Milo:  My beautiful blue rose.
Maya:  The orange of my sunshine.
Pippin:  Weird, yes, but cute.

Lacy:  The princess is also cute!
Pippin:  Marjorie sure is.
Lacy:  (glares)
Pippin:  ...it was a joke.  Please don't stake me.
Lacy:  I'm going to let it slide this time, Pippin.
Pippin:  Phew!
Abernathy:   Ummm, help?

Pippin:  But the satellite was activated!
Amelia:  Today?
Pippin:  Well, maybe not, but still!
Amelia:  Don't worry, Maya's very pregnant, so no alienboos.
Abernathy:  Umm, still being probed...
Pippin:  And it seems turnabout is fair play as Abernathy becomes the aliens' test subject.

Jayden:  ...and his transforming feature on the SimRay gives me such interesting eyes and hair color!  Isn't that just the best thing ever?!?
Maya:  You're not blue. 
Pippin:  But Chantons wears blue and has such a happy little family.

Pippin:  He's hoding little baby Ciara, Raven you've met, and Alyssa is still in mommy's tummy in this shot.
Chantons:  You make me so
                 Very happy
                 I'm so glad you
                 Came into my life

Anabelle:  Awww, baby, that's so sweet!
Pippin:  Okay.  They're adorable.  And they have such cute little girls.  Speaking of having a little girl...

Pippin:  Maya went into labor and gave birth...

Pippin:  (sigh) to another boy.  What are you going to name our gen 6 Took?
Maya:  Blue and orange came together perfectly, so he is the combination of blue and orange.
Pippin:  Umm, brown?
Maya:  Blurange!
Pippin:  ...middle school might be hard for this one.  Welcome to the family, Blurange.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, A Mix of Orange and Blue
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2017, 03:37:40 PM »
Lol, Blurange....poor kid.   And wow, yet another male Took!
Well, the Watcher is having such a blast with the pollinating results so it's works out quite perfectly for this challenge. :D

Very lucky timing for Abernathy (and for the Took Dynasty) about his abduction.
Would have been such divine retribution if Abernathy had gotten pregnant but not after Maya moved in, lol.

Oops, seems I congratulated Wade one update early. Never mind...congratulations on your fourth immortal, Pippin!
Your dynastic cup is now more than half-full!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »
FYI--The Dynasy is briefly on hold as I just purchased the Parenthood expansion.  I'll be using Chantons and Anabelle's adorable little family to check out how this works before I risk making any serious mistakes with young Blurange.  If you'd like to follow along with this side story, click here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2017, 07:42:14 PM »
Lol, Blurange....poor kid.   And wow, yet another male Took!
Well, the Watcher is having such a blast with the pollinating results so it's works out quite perfectly for this challenge. :D

Very lucky timing for Abernathy (and for the Took Dynasty) about his abduction.
Would have been such divine retribution if Abernathy had gotten pregnant but not after Maya moved in, lol.

Oops, seems I congratulated Wade one update early. Never mind...congratulations on your fourth immortal, Pippin!
Your dynastic cup is now more than half-full!  :D
Yep, over halfway there!
I was so glad that Maya's pregnancy was already locked in before the abduction happened!  I had already waited about a week after Milo's age up for them to try for baby because Valentin held on way longer than expected.  In fact, I had to have him repollinate a number of the local ladies just to ensure there were options that wouldn't be too age-advanced for Blurange.
I appreciate you always posting positive feedback.  It really helps keep me focused and motivated  :=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, All Dressed Up
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2017, 07:43:03 PM »
Well, I'm actually doing the Took on Parenthood story to take the Parenthood expansion for a test drive before unleashing it in the midst of my dynasty, but I had enough screenshots already done that I decided to go ahead and put up another update.  Enjoy!

Pippin:  We rejoin the Took household where we find that Jeanette's protégé, Hande Gill, has aged up to teen.

Pippin:  I think she's rather lovely and I'm rather saddened that Valentin took so long to clear space for Blurange to join the household as I am now thinking she might be too old to be his cougar spouse.
Amelia:  Really, Pippin?  "Cougar spouse?"
Pippin:  Definitely wanting a cougar spouse!  I mean, we'll need the space cleared in the household to bring in Blurange's spouse and gen 7. 
Amelia:  Heartless but practical, eh?
Pippin:  Exactly!  Anyway, Milo is quite the proud papa.

Milo:  He's the orangest blue I've ever seen!
Maya:  True.  He is perfection.
Pippin:  I understand the words they say, I just don't always know what those words mean when they use them.  Anyway, party time!
Amelia:  We should do a spooky party.
Pippin:  Why is that?

Amelia:  Because I make this look good!
Wade:  So true!  And I'm the Centurian.
Amelia:  Alright, let's carve those pumpkins.

Amelia:  Umm, you can start carving any time...?
Wade:  Sorry.  Just really distracted by the view.
Amelia:  Awww.
Wade:  Seriously, you've bewitched me.
Pippin:  He's so smooth!  Milo, on the other hand, is not that smooth and makes really odd costume choices.

Milo:  Blue llama, but the face is kind of orange.
Astronaut:  Umm, that's nice.  I heard there'd be dancing?
Pippin:  Gold medal achieved.  You may dance now.

Abernathy:  Yeah, bust a move!

Lacy (as a witch):  When you guys said, "get down," you were being literal, right?  Right?
Pippin:  Sure they were.
Amelia:  Nice costume, Lace!
Lacy:  You too, Amelia!
Pippin:  And now it's time to get that gold medal date.

Pippin:  Umm, why are you still in your costume?
Maya:  He looks so handsome all dressed up.
Milo:  Blue and orange!
Pippin:  Oh look, they have to kiss.  This won't be awkward.

Pippin:  Yes, it looks like she's being attacked by a flying llamacorn.  Pretty sure people have called the police.
Maya:  My turn!

Pippin:  They are so weird.  Cute, but weird.  And now they set out to ensure they have some potential cougar spouses in their relationship panel to help young Blurange keep an eye on things.

Pippin:  And he's still in the costume.
Maya:  He looks so sophisticated!
Pippin:  Here are our options at Casa Lynx.  We'll have a stronger idea of how solid these options are as they age up, but my hopes are pretty high.

Pippin:  And we have some nice options at the Rosa household in the toddler range...

Pippin:  as well as a couple in the child range.  And speaking of babies...

Pippin:  Blurange will have a similarly-aged...multiple times great uncle or aunt.  Immortals make for weird family dynamics.
Gaivan:  But they...and when...because we live...and when they...you know?
Saanvi:  Yes, dear, our love can last forever and family is the most central part and lasting impact.
Pippin:  Really?  He said that?
Saanvi:  Basically.  I'm paraphrasing.
Pippin:  ...wow...that's pretty amazing.  You two are glorious together and I hope nothing bad ever happens to you.

Saanvi:  Aww, thanks, Pippin.

Pippin:  And with that, we leave the Took household for a while to go hang out with...the other Took household...We'll return to this once I've gotten comfortable enough with the Parenthood features to trust that I can use it to benefit the dynasty and avoid negative surprises.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, All Dressed Up
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2017, 06:53:41 AM »
Who is Jeannette and how is Hande Gill her protegee? (I am unable to keep all the offspring straight. Sorry!)

With all the pollinating, does your world still generate households with young children?

Gaivan really chose his second wife well! The immortal Saanvi will always be at his side!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, All Dressed Up
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
Who is Jeannette and how is Hande Gill her protegee? (I am unable to keep all the offspring straight. Sorry!)

With all the pollinating, does your world still generate households with young children?

Gaivan really chose his second wife well! The immortal Saanvi will always be at his side!
Jeanette is the daughter of Cierra Calente (who was the only Caliente left) and Abernathy.  She used to jump in the trash can as a child.  Two updates ago, Hande made a comment about wanting to be as cool as Jeanette when she grew up.
Saanvi is wonderful.  She's no Reiko, but she's pretty great.
Randomly generated children still show up now and again.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, A Nice, Friendly Hug
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household to find young Blurange hitting his toddler birthday...

Pippin:  and learning to be in two places at once.
Milo:  He's in the crib, but he's in Blue's hands.  He's orange and blue!  Two in one!
Pippin:  Umm, probably just a game glitch, actually, but okay.  Anyway, Maya proves to be a super sweet and fun mama.

Blurange:  WHHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Pippin:  But when she needs to put her foot down, she does.

Maya:  There is no orange or blue in this mess!  You should be ashamed, young man!
Pippin:  Oooookay, it's a lecture.  Not about the right thing, perhaps, but still a lecture.  Speaking of lectures, no one ever lectured Abernathy's daughter, Jeanette Caliente, when she would jump in the trash can as a child, so here she is as a teen.

Jeanette:  Woot!  Treasures!
Pippin:  Someone should have lectured that child.  Seems Ciera Caliente was not the ideal nurturer.    You know who is a rather awesome nurturer?

Maya:  Me!
Pippin:  Oh.  I was going to say Anabelle is the one, but you're good too.
Blurange:  Mama two!  Anabelle one!
Maya:  Gee, thanks, Pippin.
Pippin:  Well, at least I helped with teaching him to talk.  Anyway, when Jeanette is not busy digging through the trash, she's becoming one of Milo's good friends.

Jeanette:  So, these aren't just fancy salt shakers?
Milo:  Nope, they're non-orange chess pieces.
Jeanette:  ...any chance you plan to throw them away soon?
Pippin:  And even though Milo was getting in some time with Jeanette, he found plenty of time for another lady.

Maya:  Mwwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhh!
Milo:  (contented sigh)
Pippin:  And another Took male had some time with a significant lady...

Pippin:  as Milo and Maya double dated with Gaivan and Saanvi.  Meantime, back at home...

Pippin:  Abernathy had some private time with his distant second favorite gal.
Jayden:  Oh, Abernathy, you make me feel so special.
Abernathy:  And you are special relative to everyone other than my wife.
Jayden:  Awww, that's so sweet!
Pippin:  It's kind of sweet, I guess, but Gaivan and Saanvi are super sweet.

Saanvi:  Sweetie, I love you so very much.
Gaivan:  And I...because we...and you...that I...
Saanvi:  Aww, thanks, but seriously, if you could ask your daughter to stop chasing me around with stakes and garlic, I'd sure appreciate it.
Gaivan:  She...we've had...and sometimes...because she wants...and not you...but when...because.
Pippin:  Yeah, I think Lacy is like a force of nature.  She cannot be stopped, you can only hope to contain her.  Meantime, the wishing well got involved.
Milo:  Can I be assured a promotion during my next shift?

Wishing Well:  Considering how much you just bribed me, I'm giving you a full promotion right now.
Milo:  Woot!  Level 7!  I think we just became best friends.  Anything other than bribes I can do for you?
Wishing Well:  Hey, if I can get even half as much screen time as Fluffy, I'll be happy.
Milo:  ...I'll see what I can do.  I mean, your rock coloring is vaguely orange-ish.
Pippin:  But someone else is certain to get lots of screentime.

Blurange:  Mommy two!  Anabelle one!
Maya:  Ugh.  Not pleased with this, Pippin.
Pippin:  I'm sorry. 
Milo:  Honey, let's go to GeekCon.
Maya:  Only if we can take a ride in the rocket.

Milo:  Woohoo!
Maya:  Exactly!
Pippin:  And after they land, Milo goes off to take first place in the Hackathon...

Pippin:  while Maya, who came back invisible, plays on the video gaming system.

Pippin:  She's in the middle holding the weirdly floating controller.
Maya:  Having trouble seeing me?  Strange.  I show up amazingly well on the scoreboard.
Other gamers:  Ugh, so true.
Pippin:  And Milo takes advantage of the social setting to help get his unique best friend locked in place.

Pippin:  Cierra Kim-Lewis.  She's one of the triplets Wade had hit up for votes back before he hit immortality.  I think she's lovely and she totally would have been a spouse option if Maya hadn't come along.
Maya:  You know I can hear you, right?
Pippin:  OHMYGOSH!  I forgot you're invisible!

Pippin:  Aww, what a nice, friendly hug.
Maya:  It had better stay only a friendly hug.  I'm invisible, so I can stalk her if she turns into a man-stealing harpy.
Pippin:  ...this escalated quickly.  Anyway, Cierra gets locked into place as best friend and we return home to find that some of our artwork has become weird static patterns.

Pippin:  I'm hoping that glitch sorts itself out.
Gaivan:  Me too...and that's...because when...and not how...that they...and now!
Pippin:  Probably good points, Gaivan.

Pippin:  So with four immortals locked in place, Milo is effectively just three promotions and hitting elder stage away from adding a fifth.  Meantime, Blurange is still days away from hitting childhood and I really wish early age-ups were legal for IDC's.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, It's All a Blur
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household...well, we return to the household, but not the house.

Pippin:  And we find simultaneous curing of pets!  Of course, if Catarina Lynx ever finds a different vet, we may go out of business.
Milo:  Well, your pet's all cured.  Nice GopherGirl costume, by the way.
Cosplayer:  ...I'm supposed to be LlamaMan...

Pippin:  And we turn Chantons' attention from direct pet care to crafting dog treats.  You know, because we aren't already most of the way to 2 million simoleans.
Amelia:  Pippin, you know the real goal is to see if it increases the star rating for the vet clinic.
Pippin:  ...it is?  Anyway, we also invite some guests to the clinic.  It's Gaivan and Saanvi's oldest children, Otis and Marjorie (who has hit her childhood years).

Milo:  Umm, it's warm in here.  You could take your hat off?
Otis:  No, it's stylish!
Marjorie:  Yeah, his idea of "style" leaves a little to be desired.
Pippin:  Anyway, we spend a bit more time working and visiting at the clinic and then head home as something very important is about to happen.

Milo:  Well, your birthday is here, and you might develop as a little more blue or a little more orange, but regardless of how you grow up, your mom and I will still love you.  But don't be red.  Red is just wannabe orange.
Blurange:  ...k?
Maya:  Cake time!  Did you tell him the thing about red?
Milo:  Yes, of course.
Blurange:  Mama two, Anabelle one!
Maya:  I hope he outgrows that.

Pippin:  Some extinguished candles, some confetti, and perhaps some stray toddler droll later...

Pippin:  And a very angry-looking child version of Blurange appeared.
Blurange:  I just aged up and realized how much of an issue my name might be in middle school.  Call me "Blur" from now on.
Pippin:  Blur?
Blurange Blur:  Yes?
Pippin:  What?  No.  I wasn't calling you, I was making sure I had it right.
Blurange Blur:  Had what right?
Pippin:  Blur.
Blurange Blur:  Yes?
Amelia:  And that continued for the first few hours of young Blur's childhood, but eventually, we moved forward.
Pippin:  Oh.  Yes.  That.  And that night, Milo took Blur and several of the child-aged Sims Milo already knew to the park so Blur could work on the social butterfly aspiration by meeting new people.

Blurange Blur:  ...so then the duck says, "Why am I being stuck with the bill?"
Children:  (laughter)
Pippin:  And Milo, who has already maxed logic, got in some time playing chess with Asia Rouse.

Asia:  So, if I hold this piece up here long enough, will you forget where it originally was so I can put it wherever I want?
Milo:  ...what?  Sorry.  I was watching my little blue and orange boy make friends.
Asia:  Oh.  In that case, checkmate.
Milo:  ...what?
Pippin:  It may not have been the best game he's ever played.  And while that was happening...

Pippin:  Abernathy and Jayden's daughter, Makayla, walked by looking all sorts of lovely.
Makayla:  It's true.  You've saved me to your gallery, right?
Pippin:  (blushing) Yes.  But after the park, Blur hit the Goth household to meet young Daisy Goth.

Eileen:  (yawn) So you're the new dynasty heir?
Blurange Blur:  Yep. Don't get too excited about meeting me.
Eileen:  Well, you did come at 2 in the morning.
Blurange Blur:  ...fair enough.
Pippin:  And while we were there, Eileen started representing the Lollipop Guild.

Eileen:  Not funny, Pippin.
Pippin:  I disagree.
Daisy:  He's right, mom.  It's kind of hilarious.
Eileen:  (glares and mumbles angrily)
Pippin:  And after school the next day, Blur invites over his friend Jena Lynx, who has aged up to teen.

Blurange Blur:  So, you wanna keep standing there looming over me, Amazon?
Jena:  Better watch your mouth, shrimp, or I might have to step on you.
Pippin:  And in no time, they had achieved best friend status.

Jena:  So, why are we staring at the ceiling of your porch?
Blurange Blur:  Because you're a pasty white ginger and I figure this is the only way you can cloudgaze without getting a sunburn.
Jena:  You're a jerk.
Blurange Blur:  It is a valuable life skill I have.
Pippin:  Oddly enough, Blur finished the social butterfly aspiration more quickly than any previous heir. 
Blurange Blur:  It's obviously because I'm so loveable.
Jena:  Or because everyone just pitied you so much, loser.
Pippin:  Ah, friendship.  At any rate, Blur continues his social ways and should have no trouble having his six good friends and unique bestie in place by the time he hits young adulthood.  Here he is making friends at the Spencer-Kim household.

Kaci Spencer-Kim:  ...and anyway, she always exposes her mid-riff and it's so gross and I'm all like "Put some clothes on" and she's all nasty teen bossypants.
Keisha Spencer-Kim:  You know you're adopted, right?
Pippin:  Keisha has the mean trait, as does...

Pippin:  Tianna Rosa, the eldest daughter of Laura Rosa and our final pollinator, Valentin.
Tiana:  Look how pretty my nails are!
Blurange Blur:  I don't actually see and color on them...?
Tiana:  Oh, that's because I painted them with the tears of my siblings.
Kale (fittingly in green):  It's true.  She does.
Pippin:  She seems lovely!  And Naomi Spencer-Kim...

Pippin:  seems like a handful.
Blurange Blur:  These Spencer-Kim girls are awesome!
Pippin:  I think you and I have different definitions of that word.  But speaking of my understanding of awesome...

Pippin:  Gaivan, who is skilled at learning such things, found that Jena is a good vegetarian unlike her unfortunate older sister, Kristin, who is creative but mean.
Blurange Blur:  So, you're saying I should have become besties with Kristin since she's actually cool?
Jena:  I will squash you like the bug you are, shrimp.
Burange Blur:  A shrimp is a crustacean, not a bug.
Jena:  Stupid mental aspiration.
Pippin:  And speaking of aspirations...

Pippin:  Maya is going for the super Parent aspiration.
Maya:  You did your homework!  I'm so pleased that you did the bare minimum thing you were supposed to do!
Blurange Blur:  Umm, thanks?  Guess I'll go hang out with Kaci now.
Maya:  No!  You will learn to say sorry and you will like it!
Blurange Blur:  I'm sorry I have to sit here and learn to say sorry.
Maya:  Oh, you said it twice!  I'm awesome!  You may go.
Blurange Blur:  ...I'm raising myself, aren't I?
Pippin:  Psh, no.  You've got Granny Amelia.
Amelia:  It's true.
Pippin:  And Blur heads outside only to discover that his friend Kaci is being frightened by a vampire.

Aditya:  Bleh bleh bleh!  I'm a scary vampire!  Fear me!
Kaci:  AHH!!  I'm scared!
Blurange Blur:  I got this.

Blurange Blur:  BOO!!
Aditya:  AHH!!!  Don't eat me!!
Blurange Blur:  Oh man, you are such a baby!
Aditya:  (sigh) it's true.  I just scare children to try to boost my low self-esteem.

Blurange Blur:  (mocking) Oooo, I've got such low self-esteem.  I need to scare children to feel like I'm not a loser.
Aditya:  Haha!  Nice!  That sounded just like me!
Pippin:  Yes, he does nothing but mischief socials and they become friends.
Kaci:  Blur, you're the best!
Blurange Blur:  That's true.
Pippin:  And we have Blur's father, Milo, only two promotions and the age-up to elder away from becoming our fifth immortal and young Blur has already hit level 3 of mischief and level 3 of creativity, has a best friend and several others in or near best friend status.  Things are going well!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, It's All a Blur
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
Congrats to Blur on his amazing progress, despite being a little jerk. And his lack of blue skin to go with his orange hair. I love this run, Pippin, you are always such an entertaining writer.

anything