Author Topic: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Completed!  (Read 159661 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
The Took Immortal Dynasty, The Triple Age-up
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2017, 08:11:55 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household where Abernathy is getting in more time with his new favorite gal.

April:  I see.  The gifting of slowly dying vegetation is deemed romantic.
Abernathy:  Yes.  Yes indeed.  It reminds us that life is short, and therefore, we must prolong your life through multiple pregnancies.
April:  There seems to be an obscure metaphorical logic to that.  I accept your morbid gift of vegetation.
Pippin:  They're so cute...or something.  And speaking of cute...

Pippin:  Ericka is just lovely!
Jena:  Oh.   I thought it was supposed to be a picture of me.
Blurange Blur:  No, Jena, you get to do a selfie with me!

Jena:  Cheese!!
Pippin:  Bestie selfie and spouse photos are done!  Not that they're required, just that it's how I decorate.  Anyway, Blur went on to enjoy some more time with his vibrant and wonderful Ericka who is definitely not a wallflower...

Pippin:  unlike Asia Rouse.
Asia:  (sigh) At least Toto wrote that great song named after me.
Pippin:  No, sweetie, that was Africa, not Asia.
Asia:  (sigh)
Pippin:  Anyway, Blur also spent some time with Ericka and her family.

Blurange Blur:  Wow, you really resemble your mom!
Ericka:  So, you think my mom's hot?  Or is it that I look old?
Blurange Blur:  ...this is a trap.  I'm not sure how to get out of it...I know!  Distraction!

Ericka:  Haha!  Nice one, Blur!
Blurange Blur:  Thanks for helping get me out of that awkward situation, Tiana!
Tiana:  Uhh...I...wasn't...
Pippin:  Yeah, Tiana's on the good friends list.  And speaking of good friends, the now-teen Daisy Goth is definitely living in the friend zone.

Daisy:  Wow, that was not the kindest way that could have been put, Pippin.
Blurange Blur:  Yeah, he does that.  Oh hey, the romance festival is in town!  See ya, Daisy!
Daisy:  ...bye...
Pippin:  Friend zone!

Pippin:  They made it a double date.
April:  I am understanding this to be the sweeping of me off of my feet?
Abernathy:  Yes.  It.  Is!
April:  Then where is the broom?
Abernathy:  I...uhh...
Pippin:  Out-Abernathied again!  Wait, is that Random Vampire Guy in the background?  He's in this story too?
Blurange Blur:  So, Ericka, maybe we could get away from the crowd for a bit?
Ericka:  Enter an unsupervised area to reek havoc?  Sounds good!

Blurange Blur:  Reeking havoc wasn't exactly what I had in mind...
Pippin:  They're so cute!!
Ericka:  Well, I am.  He's just cute by association.
Pippin:  Fair enough.  And when they return home, Abernathy has one of his daughters over.

Abernathy:  Jeanette, dear daughter, you remember my SimRay, right?
Jeanette:  Oooo, I get to be transformed?
Abernathy:  Nope.  Figured we'd try out the mind control.
Jeanette:  Wait, the...
SimRay:  ZAP

Jeanette:  Must.  Clean.  House.
Abernathy:  Mwahahahahaha!
Ericka:  Hmmm, I might need to borrow that at some point...

Pippin:  And the girl who plays in the trash finally cleans up some trash.
Blurange Blur:  Ooo, harsh!
Pippin:  And speaking of harsh things, the Gupta children went through the loss of their mother, Jayden, but then ended up moving into a house not far from the Tooks.  Milo was invited to visit.

Pippin:  But that wasn't our only message.  Grim warned us that Maya does not have long left.
Milo:  Shall we head out for a night on the town, my dear?

Maya:  Indeed.  Let's paint the town blue and orange!
Pippin:  I think the saying is, "paint the town red."
Milo:  No.  Never red.  It is a cheap, wannabe orange.
Maya:  Well said.  Let's order food.

Milo:  Unacceptable!   In the menu, these tentacles were orange.  In person, they're vaguely red.  Take them back immediately!
Maya:  And I can't get my present open.
Vlad:  Umm, that's not a present, it's actually the food.
Milo:  Let's leave.
Maya:  Agreed.
Pippin:  And they're our first couple to enjoy some time at the Brindleton Bay lighthouse.

Maya:  Oooooo, pretty lights!
Milo:  Ooooo, pretty amazing!
Pippin:  And then they head to San Myshino to renew their vows.

Milo:  I do!
Maya:  Me too!
Pippin:  And then we get another message.  This time, it's an invite to Ericka's birthday party.

Blurange Blur:  You look amazing!
Ericka:  Watch the hands, big guy!
Blurange Blur:  But...it's going to be two whole days until we can kiss and cuddle again!
Ericka:  You are such a whiner!
Pippin:  Umm, guys...anybody notice what's happening out back?

Laura:  Huhn, maybe the fire was supposed to go inside the grill instead of under it...
Pippin:  But not to fear as the household and guests rushed to the rescue...

Pippin:  Well, Gaivan kind of smashed the door into poor Tiana's face, but otherwise there was nothing to fear.
Tiana:  Umm, OW!
Gaivan:  I...the door...and it was...that I couldn't...so then...sorry.
Pippin:  But Gaivan resumed making a cake and candles were placed and...

Blurange Blur:  Happy biiiiiiirthday to you!!!
Pippin:  Hmm, guess he inherited his great-grandfather's singing voice.

Pippin:  She's so pretty!!  However, poor Blur must wait two days until he can have romantic interactions with that beauty again.
Blurange Blur:  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Pippin:  But the days passed fairly quickly and uneventfully, and finally...

Pippin:  his cake was ready...at exactly the same time that his mother was passing away.

Pippin:  And a now-young adult Blur and Ericka mourn for the loss of Maya.
Ericka:  She was always so sweet to me!
Blurange Blur:  I can't believe mom's gone...
Ericka:  I had been looking forward to her being at our wedding.
Blurange Blur:  ...I...I can't believe she's gone...

Grim:  Ummm, you should probably ask her to move in.
Blurange Blur:  ...huh?
Ericka:  Okay (sniff) I'll move in (sniff sniff)
Pippin:  Thanks, Grim.  And so, we lose Maya, but we gain Ericka as a household member.  Blur has finished the Chief of Mischief aspiration, has his collection in place, has maxed mischief, is at level 8 of charisma, level 6 of logic, and has his friends in place.  Thigs are going well.  Thanks for helping us along, Maya.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, The Triple Age-up
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2017, 08:15:14 PM »
Since I ran out of shots in the last update...
R.I.P. Maya Cowan-Took

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »
Oh my, what an accommodating spouse Maya has turned out to be!
She passes away the moment Blur ages up to a young adult, making room for the next heir!

Rest in peace, Maya. You were a lovely household member and caring mother!
Poor Milo, he must feel devastated.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
Oh my, what an accommodating spouse Maya has turned out to be!
She passes away the moment Blur ages up to a young adult, making room for the next heir!

Rest in peace, Maya. You were a lovely household member and caring mother!
Poor Milo, he must feel devastated.
Maya was quite the sweetheart.  I couldn't believe that Grim showed up as Blur was walking to his cake.  Crazy bad timing!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Extra Diapers
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household where Blur and Ericka are having a very special moment.

Blurange Blur:  Ericka, my one and only love, will you do me the honor of being my wife?
Ericka:  Well, this household needs someone with some sense, so I guess I will.
Pippin:  And then they celebrate the happy moment.

Pippin:  And in another part of the Took residence, the immortals were gathering for their weekly ambrosia.

Gaivan:  So the...and they...that having...because daughter...so now...
Abernathy:  Yep, Dad, they'll need to have a daughter.  Pretty sure that's what you said.
Wade:  Hope they remember about the strawberries and pop.
Chantons:  She wore a raspberry beret
                 The kind you find in a second hand store

Wade:  No, dad, I said strawberry, not raspberry.  Anyway, Milo will be immortal soon and then we'll just have Blur and his daughter's requirements to worry about.
Abernathy:  Well, we'll also have his grandchild's requirements.
Wade:  True.
Gaivan:  And that...because we're now...to do...because our time...?
Abernathy:  So, you want to know what we'll do with our time?

All:  Fishing!!
Milo:  So, being an immortal means fishing and then eating fish cake.  Why is our club not called the Fishy Fishers Who Fishfully Fish?
Pippin:  Oooo, if I ever do another IDC, I might use that!

Pippin:  Hey look!  Ericka is fixing the toilet!
Ericka:  BLARGH!!!
Pippin:  Never mind.
Ericka:  Well, I think we already know the answer, but let's take a pregnancy test anyway.

Pippin:  Good call, I mean, you could have just had food poisoning from eating...wait...thank to rallying the troops, you guys never eat outside of ambrosia and party requirements...
Ericka:  Hmmm, no results.  No text box.  No confetti.  Guess I'll just go spend some time with my dear hubby.

Ericka:  Ooooooo, delayed response!!
Blurange Blur:  We're...we're having...I'm gonna be...you're...
Pippin:  Gaivan's speech pattern somehow manages to show up for everyone at some point.
Ericka:  Well, I guess I know what I'm doing next...

Ericka:  Good thing you set us up on a lot with wild strawberry bushes!
Pippin:  I totally planned that all on my own!
Ericka:  So, it had nothing to do with Oshizu advising you to choose this plot?
Pippin:  Hey, that was only about the fishing!!  I mean...no, I thought of it all on my own...

Pippin:  Haha!  You sass me, I pick a non-flattering picture for you!
Ericka:  Well, this picture shows the lengths I would go to in order to ensure my daughter is successful, so I'm pretty sure I still win.
Pippin:  ...dang it.  Anyway, Blur spends some time working on his public enemy aspiration.

Blurange Blur:  Hey, mixologist, I got a drink for you!

Blurange Blur:  Hey, loser!  You're such a dull redhead you're like the ginger bread man.
Pippin:  Hey, who's the eye candy in the background?

Milo:  Hello, I'm Milo and I'm worried that my unique BFF might not live long enough for when I hit my elder birthday and eat ambrosia, so Pippin thinks we should become besties so he has an excuse to put your lovely face on the screen more.
Chelsie:  Ummm, hi?
Pippin:  Anyway...

Blurange Blur:  Woot!  Only four more fights to go!
Pippin:  And of course, he'll need to be ready to fight off the boys coming around if his daughter ends up resembling Ericka.

Ericka:  Well said, Pippin!
Blurange Blur:  Boys coming...my little girl...they're going to...
Ericka:  Easy, sweetie, I'm sure that your horrid reputation as a vicious criminal will help fend them off...and if not, I'll steal the SimRay.
Blurange Bur:  Whew, thanks honey.  I feel better now.
Ericka:  Maybe you should take your sweet wife on a date to thank her for calming you down?
Blurange Blur:  Absolutely!!!

Blurange Blur:  I can't believe our little girl's going to be here any day now!
Pippin:  Well, it had better be a girl, or I'll have wasted a lot of gaming time.
Ericka:  It had better be a girl or I'm going to be furious that you made me eat 40 strawberries and repeatedly spend 4 hour blocks listening to pop music!
Pippin:  ...you're so patient and kind, Ericka, and I appreciate you.  Please don't hit me.

Pippin:  Aww, they're so cute.  Meantime, when we get back to the house...

Milo:  So.  Those are still stars.  Are we besties yet?
Chelsie:  If I say yes, can I finally go home?
Pippin:  And that glorious moment did finally arrive when Chelsie became Milo's new bestie (and was therefore allowed to finally go home), but an even more important moment arrived...

Blurange Blur:  Queen to rook 4.
Ericka:  Soooooo...the baby's coming.
Blurange Blur:  You can't distract me with that...wait...THE BABY'S COMING?!?!?!
Pippin:  And we rush off to the hospital!

Tiana:  Hey, everyone, look who became a doctor!
Pippin:  Wait, Ericka's sister who has been the subject of so much mischief at the hands of Blur is going to be trusted to deliver the gen 7 heir?
Tiana:  Please, that's my niece!  As if I'd do anything other than be kind and professional...

Tiana:  to my heartless sister.
Blurange Blur:  AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiana:  Haha!  Oh, it's just a fake heart.  Just a bit of medical humor.  I'll just pull that beautiful baby girl out now.

Ericka:  Ummm, what's that extra package you're holding there?
Tiana:  Diapers.  You can never have too many.
Ericka:  True.
Pippin:  And here's our adorable little family.

Pippin:  Our first female heir (heiress, I suppose) has finally arrived.  Welcome to the family, Tessandra Took!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Extra Diapers
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2017, 05:16:42 PM »
How odd about the delayed "Eating for two" confetti! Has your game started lagging or something.
I hope that was just an isolated instance.

Yay, congrats on the birth of Gen7!!!  Lol, 40 strawberries---Pippin, you really went out of your way to ensure Ericka had a girl
How ironic that Ericka's own sister delivers her baby.

Love the name Tessandra Took!
Ericka and Blur appear so besotted with their little girl, but Tess appears somewhat terrified. :D
With a name like Tessandra, a beautiful mother, and being the only female heir (so fair), Tessandra is sure to be amazing.

I already can't wait until her next birthday! :D

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
Hi!  I've been reading this awesome story for a little while, but I'm finally caught up now so I can comment.  Congrats on getting that female heir, she'll be amazing.  My favorite Took couple so far is Amelia and Wade, but Erika and Blur are really winning me over, too.  I especially like how Blur is such an arrogant jerk with everyone else, but he's a puddle of mush with Erika. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #232 on: December 24, 2017, 12:43:44 AM »
Awwwww!  i've finally caught up.  The Tooks are amazing!  I'm enjoying them so much.  Pippin, your writing never fails to entertain.  There is so much to comment on XD For now, let me just welcome gen 7!  One poor girl with all those men running around hehehehe  She's gonna have em all wrapped around her little finger.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2017, 01:48:46 PM »
How odd about the delayed "Eating for two" confetti! Has your game started lagging or something.
I hope that was just an isolated instance.

Yay, congrats on the birth of Gen7!!!  Lol, 40 strawberries---Pippin, you really went out of your way to ensure Ericka had a girl
How ironic that Ericka's own sister delivers her baby.

Love the name Tessandra Took!
Ericka and Blur appear so besotted with their little girl, but Tess appears somewhat terrified. :D
With a name like Tessandra, a beautiful mother, and being the only female heir (so fair), Tessandra is sure to be amazing.

I already can't wait until her next birthday! :D
I was so nervous that the strawberry pop treatment wouldn't take since all of the Took heirs have been male.  I took (no pun intended) way too many pictures of her eating strawberries and listening to pop so I would have evidence to plead with the mods if need be.
I'm glad you enjoyed her name!  I'd had an heiress named Tessa in a Sims 3 legacy and she was delightful, so I named this little gal after her.

Hi!  I've been reading this awesome story for a little while, but I'm finally caught up now so I can comment.  Congrats on getting that female heir, she'll be amazing.  My favorite Took couple so far is Amelia and Wade, but Erika and Blur are really winning me over, too.  I especially like how Blur is such an arrogant jerk with everyone else, but he's a puddle of mush with Erika. 
Aww, thanks for putting in all the time to muddle your way through the nonsense and catch up  ;=)
Amusingly, I was going to ask if your username was Fantasia-inspired, but I saw that you'd been asked that elsewhere.  Great minds think alike, I guess.
I agree, Wade and Amelia were an amazing couple!!  They were so perfect that they totally ruined the narrative I had thought I was going to do for his generation, even.  Ericka and Blur are rather amazing, though.  Glad you're enjoying them, and thanks for reading and commenting  :=)

Awwwww!  i've finally caught up.  The Tooks are amazing!  I'm enjoying them so much.  Pippin, your writing never fails to entertain.  There is so much to comment on XD For now, let me just welcome gen 7!  One poor girl with all those men running around hehehehe  She's gonna have em all wrapped around her little finger.
Aww, another reader fighting through all the nonsense to get caught up  :=)  Thank you so much!
Yeah, the odds of little Tessie (as the only girl) being completely spoiled are pretty high  ;=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Tessie!
« Reply #234 on: December 26, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »
Pippin:  We rejoin the Took household to find Ericka and Blur visiting the Spencer-Kim household.

Ericka:  Wow, that's a whole lot of urns by the door!
Keisha:  Well, we've had lots of our ancestors pass away, sadly.
Blurange Blur:  Yeah, that's sad and all, so, Cierra, you're getting pretty old, right?  Any warnings from Grim yet?  Health concerns?
Pippin:  Yeah, he's hoping to witness the death of a Sim without having to cause the death.
Blurange Blur:  Hey, I'm becoming a crime boss.  If I need someone "removed," I'll have people to do that for me.
Ericka:  Well said, honey!
Pippin:  But Cierra lives at least a little longer, so Blur heads home to knock out some party requirements.

Tiana:  Woot!  Gonna see my kid sister marry her babydaddy!  Umm, what are you doing back there, Jena?
Jena:  I'm just working a few things out!
Tiana:  Ugh, that pun was worse than Pippin's!
Pippin:  Yeah it was...hey!!  Anyway, speaking of Tiana's kid sister, she looked like a beautiful princess as she married a dorky-looking kid.

Ericka:  More like an a-dork-able kid!
Blurange Blur:  Sweetie, I know I don't deserve a woman as glorious as you, but I promise to spend the rest of my days trying to make you feel better about your bad taste in men.  I may achieve great heights as a crime boss, but my greatest heist was stealing your heart.
Ericka:  Awww, sweetie!
Pippin:  You may kiss the bride who is too good for you.

Pippin:  Alright!  With a gold medal achieved, it's time for the dance party!

Pippin:  And random guests help provide child care.

Cierra:  Aww, aren't you just a cute little one?  You remind me of a young me back when I was a baby...because I also had a crib...and no discernible personality...and was a girl...
Pippin:  And later...

Chelsie:  Good heavens!  Do they ever take a break from dancing to change your diaper?  Ugh, disgusting!  Come here, little one.
Pippin:  Chelsie is quite helpful and a lovely randomly-generated Sim.  Speaking of randomly generated Sims, Gaivan married the lovely vampire Saanvi Mahajan.

Pippin:  The teen gal on the left is also named Saanvi Mahajan!  She's lovely, but absolutely not Gaivan's bride.

Vampire Saanvi:  Darn right she's not!!  No primary and secondary spouse nonsense here!
Pippin:  Meantime, Blur has come up with new ways to create random acts of mischief.

Blurange Blur:  Oooo, I'm a bush and I have more personality than you!
Mail carrier:  Hey, that's not very polite.
Blurange Blur:  (mocking tone) Oooo, that's not very poliiiiite!  Poor me!  I'm a whiney postal worker, feel sorry for me.  Boo hoo!
Pippin:  Yep, he's good at his job.  Speaking of being good at their job, Ericka returns from her job at Mobwives to proudly display that she's been promoted...

Pippin:  to a barista?
Ericka:  The world of crime is a vast, intricate, and detailed world.  You wouldn't understand.
Pippin:  Oooookay, but a moment even more important than a promotion happened.

Ericka:  It's your big day, little one!  Time to become a toddler!
Pippin:  And while baby Tessandra lies in the crib...

Pippin:  toddler Tessandra appears in Ericka's hands!
Ericka:  Aww, my little Tessie is so adorable!!

Ericka:  So, are you ready to learn to potty?
Tessie:  ...
Ericka:  Oh, I guess you should learn to talk too.
Pippin:  But Tessie wasn't the only one having a birthday...

Pippin:  as Milo becomes our 5th elder and therefore completes all of his requirements for immortality.  Someone else didn't become immortal, but did ask her immortal husband out for lunch.

Amelia:  Hey, good looking!
Wade:  I...I miss you so much!
Amelia:  Easy there, doof blossom, don't become a pile of mush on me.  Not yet at least.

Amelia:  So, you see anything on the menu you'd like?
Wade:  I see something sitting next to me that I like.
Amelia:  Oooo, that was sweet other than the part where you called me something.
Wade:  I...oh...
Pippin:  And speaking of a man spending time with a gal...

Pippin:  Blur starts hanging out with a bunch of elderly gals.
Blurange Blur:  Thanks, everyone, for joining the Short-Lived Club!
Cierra:  Short-lived?  Is that because we won't be a club for very long?
Blurange Blur:  ...sure
Pippin:  And after about two days of the club existing...

Pippin:  Blur misses out on going to work to witness the passing of Cierra.
Blurange Blur:  Dang it.  I had hoped it would be one of the rest of you.
The Rest of You:  WHAT?!?!? 
Blurange Blur:  Ummm...Grim?
Grim:  He said "una der vestuvue" which is Swedish for "a longer lasting club."
The Rest of You:  Oh, that's sad.  We wish that had happened too.
Pippin:  Grim, you are a pro!
Grim:  True.
Pippin:  And young Tessie is adorable!

Ericka:  Did you really just use my daughter's high level of adorableness to take away from the sadness of Cierra's passing?
Pippin:  No, I would never...yes.  Yes I did.
Ericka:  Well, she is really adorable, so that just makes sense.

Pippin:  Tessie's adorable!!
Ericka:  And Pippin finally learned how to use the tab key.
Pippin:  ...yeah...
Ericka:  That changed the way he can do pictures, but Tessie was also changing...from an adorable toddler into an adorable child.
Pippin:  Ooo, nice transition!
Ericka:  Thank you!

Blurange Bur:  Awww, she only kind of spit on the cake!

Pippin:  Makeover time?
Tessie:  No, silly Pippin!  Why would time need to be made over?  That's ridiclious!  I'm going to go change clothes.
Pippin:  Umm...okay...

Pippin:  Wow, that's really...something...
Tessie:  That's extremely true!
Pippin:  And with our 5th immortal in place, the 7th heir achieving childhood, and the 6th heir having only one party and 4 promotions left to go, there's only one thing left to do...

Pippin:  wish everyone happy holidays and a joyful New Year from the Took family and their Watcher!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Tessie!
« Reply #235 on: December 26, 2017, 03:05:04 PM »
Nice! After all the waiting around, Blur finally gets to witness a death by arranging one!

How fantastic that Amelia phoned up Wade for a date.
Wade has been the unsung hero of this dynasty, quietly looking after the dynasty's needs in the background.
I'm glad his patient support and love for Amelia have been rewarded.

Wow, you whizzed through Tessie's toddlerhood. What was she like as a toddler?
Also, what is Tessie's new trait? Just asking because she's wearing the cow hat which gives an Inspired mood...
Oh right, you have a Stats post!

Congrats on your fifth immortal, Pippin! You're making great progress with this!
Best of luck in the weeks to come!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #236 on: December 26, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
Congrats on your 5th Immortal. I see Blur is being the uncooperative poser.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #237 on: December 26, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »
Awww, Tessie is too adorable! lol and I already love her personality.  The tab key is amazing.  Truly amazing.  There are times I spend too much time messing with it to get the perfect shot XD  I love Blur, too.  And Ericka is another terrific spouse.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2017, 12:41:50 PM »
Nice! After all the waiting around, Blur finally gets to witness a death by arranging one!

How fantastic that Amelia phoned up Wade for a date.
Wade has been the unsung hero of this dynasty, quietly looking after the dynasty's needs in the background.
I'm glad his patient support and love for Amelia have been rewarded.

Wow, you whizzed through Tessie's toddlerhood. What was she like as a toddler?
Also, what is Tessie's new trait? Just asking because she's wearing the cow hat which gives an Inspired mood...
Oh right, you have a Stats post!

Congrats on your fifth immortal, Pippin! You're making great progress with this!
Best of luck in the weeks to come!
Tessie was a sweet toddler.  Of course, during toddler years, it's largely potty training, teaching to talk, and maintaining needs.
Tessie's wardrobe is not particularly tied into any sort of aspiration of traits.  It's just vibrantly random  :=)
Yep, fifth immortal locked in place!  And Blur's well on his way to becoming the sixth.
Wade and Amelia are delightful!  I was so pleased when she called :=)

Congrats on your 5th Immortal. I see Blur is being the uncooperative poser.
Yeah, I did about 6 different shots, and Blur was never quite in the right place.  Darn Master of Mischief  ;=)

Awww, Tessie is too adorable! lol and I already love her personality.  The tab key is amazing.  Truly amazing.  There are times I spend too much time messing with it to get the perfect shot XD  I love Blur, too.  And Ericka is another terrific spouse.
I agree!  Tessie is amazing!
And yes, the tab key is way too much fun and time consuming  :=)
Ericka has definitely been one of the top spouse in the dynasty and she's the first spouse to have had a job outside of the house.  The others have all been shackled to an easel, but I've switched Chantons' role to painting (rather than being yet another elder fisherman), so Ericka gets to be a criminal with Blur  :=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, The Tessie Takeover
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2017, 12:42:27 PM »

Pippin:  We rejoin the Took household...hello?  Can anyone hear me?  Doesn't seem like this is getting through...

I'm Tessandra Took!
This is my horse.

My horse says hi.  She also says to tell you that you can call me Tessie.  It's like my name, only shorter...and with a vowel sound that doesn't exist in my name.  I'm a girl!!

That means that I'm not an heir, but an heiress.  Not air like you breathe and airess...which isn't a thing, but heir like taking over for someone else and heiress like taking over for someone else as a girl, which I am!  Pippin tells me it's kind of a big deal that I'm a girl, so I'm making sure to point it out to you.  Then again, Pippin mentions lots of things.

That little girl that isn't me is Tiffani Yamamoto.  She calls me her cousin, but she's actually my great-great-great aunt.  Not ant like you step on, but aunt like the wife of your uncle, except that she's not married.  She's just a kid!  Like me.  And a girl, but she's a redhead.  Pippin seems to think that's important, but I'm not entirely certain as to why.  The boy is Cale Nobles.  Pippin thinks he's special because he's purple.  Again, he's a "cousin" but is actually my great-great-great-great uncle.  Not "great" as in a compliment, just that he's lots of generations away from me.  My family is a bit odd from what I understand of "normal" family dynamics.

That's my Mom!  She's a criminal just like my Dad except that Dad will live forever just like I'm going to, but Mom promises to haunt us from beyond the grave.  I'm not sure if that's intended to be comforting or not...anyway, as an heiress, I have to complete lots of things called aspirations.  Actually, I don't technically have to complete aspirations as a child, but Pippin is doing something called "satisfaction point hoarding." 

My once-again-not-cousin Tania helped me out with that by becoming one of my child friends for the Social Butterfly aspiration.  I am now officially a social butterfly, but I am not buttered nor can I fly, so it seems inaccurate.
I also worked on the Whiz Kid aspiration.  Whiz Kid sounds like it should be a super hero name, but apparently not.

My gnome-friend, Gnicholas, helped me learn how to cheat at chess!  Great-great-great-great-great-grandpa Gaivan made that easier by being so gullible.  He talks funny, too.  It's all like, "I that...because you...and then they..." and he doesn't ever seem to finish saying things.  Finish like ending, not Finnish like the language or people, though I do hear rumors that the Grim Reaper can speak Swedish, which is a language and a people!  Since they're people, he can probably reap them too.

This is Mr. Chompy.  He also helped me learn about heiress requirements.  Apparently, he has been played with by every heir so far as part of the Whiz Kid aspiration.  He also told me that I don't need to marry and move in a husband like the other heirs did except that their husbands were wives.  I told him that's a good thing I don't need to move in a spouse, because I'm just a little girl!  He assured me that wouldn't have been an issue until I was older.  I think that's fair.
The immortals have a special secret room that is locked most of the time and they can only go into it once a week, but I'm the first heir(ess) to be able to go in before becoming an elder. 

I thought that was pretty special until I found out that I was just there to clean the dishes.  Mom told me it was to help me learn responsibility.  I told her that's what books are for!!

Unfortunately, the only book Mom really has an interest in having me read is my school book when she helps me with homework.  Actually, she just stands there and gestures reassuringly most of the time, but it seems to make her feel important, so I let her.
My favorite aspiration is the Artistic Prodigy!

It's mostly coloring and using glitter and macaroni noodles.  I like making pictures.  Of course, it also required playing music.

The immortals cringed while I played the violin and told me quite unconvincingly that it was good.  They cringed less when they told me I was good at the piano.  It still seemed unconvincing, but less so.
Pippin is the Watcher for our household, but he has lots of us to watch, so I'm glad I have the Gnome Council to help me out.

Haha!  Good one, Gnorman!  Those gnomes are hilarious!  And insightful.  Oh, I think Pippin's taking over again...

Pippin:  Ah, it seems the signal's back.  Anyway, little Tessie is just adorable!

Ericka:  Just like her mama!!
Blurange Blur:  That's so true!
Pippin:  And she managed to finish all four child aspirations with time left to work on getting additional traits from her character values.  It helps that her mama is skilling up in parenting quite effectively.

Ericka:  Level 6 while working a full-time job and raising a husband!
Blurange Blur:  Yeah, that's so true.
Pippin:  And speaking of her husband...

Pippin:  he's going the boss route of the criminal career and has already hit level 9.
Ericka:  My a-dork-able hubby has also maxed the logic, charisma, and mischief skills.
Pippin:  Yeah, he's basically one promotion and the age-up to elder away from immortality.
Blurange Blur:  Yep, but with my entire adult life-stage between now and then.  Good thing I have a lovely wife to keep me company while I wait for immortality, eh?
Ericka:  And aliens.

Blurange Blur:  ...I thought we'd agreed not to mention that...
Ericka:  No, you agreed that it shouldn't be mentioned.  I thought it was funny.

Fluffy:  MooOOO moo MOO moo, mOOoo.
Pippin:  Yep, that is the bright side.  A full house means no alien pregnancy.
Blurange Blur:  It still hurts my pride.
Pippin:  Well, it seems little Tessie never suffers from hurt pride and only enjoys happy times.

Pippin:  She particularly enjoys quality time with her cousin Tiffani.  That would be one of Chantons and Anabelle's daughters.  She had the good fortune to be a lovely redhead.
Tiffani:  Yep, you were right, Tessie.  It's one of the first things he mentioned about me.
Tessie:  Told you so!
Pippin:  ...I feel like I missed something...anyway, the monkey bars and fun-filled games of Keyboard Commander were the go-to strategy to complete the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

Pippin:  Hmmm, when did we get all these gnomes around the house?
Tessie:  Ignore him, Gnathan.  He just doesn't understand.
Pippin:  ...?  Anyway, we eventually came upon a very special day for our young heiress.

Ericka:  Happy birthday, little angel!
Blurange Blur:  Oh, is an angel having a birthday today?  I thought it was just our naughty little monster-child.
Tessie:  Oh, you parental units are delightfully witty!

Pippin:  Good heavens, Tessie, you are simply glowing!
Tessie:  Alright!  Time to adjust my wardrobe!

Tessie:  Is this one no good?  It's okay, I have other options.

Tessie:  See?  Fashion icon.

Tessie:  Now, let's do some heiressy things!  Not heresy things.  That would be sacreligious.
Pippin:  And with our little fashion icon aged up to teen, things are going well!