Author Topic: The Golden Legacy: 1.14 — Twisty Plot Twists (21/05/19)  (Read 16470 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.2 — Hard Work & Heart Break (Updated 24/04/18)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 09:17:41 PM »
Woah, Marcus!  Even with the noncommittal trait, that was unexpected.  Ying can do better.  Onward and upward!

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.2 — Hard Work & Heart Break (Updated 24/04/18)
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 11:54:42 AM »
Oh Marcus... foolish Marcus. Yeah, noncommittal is a royal pain, but can be gotten around hehehehe. Poor Ying. --smacks my version of Marcus for good measure--
@Shewolf13 Haha ~ Noncommittal isn't that bad since if you butter them up enough they'll commit eventually. ;) The real pain of a trait when it comes to relationships tho has to be unflirty. Gah! Bad moodlets everywhere for that trait.

I love all the great facial expressions you're capturing in the screenshots!
Stupid Marcus! But you don't need to use a cheat for revenge. When you're wealthier, Ying, invite Marcus over for a dip in your 3x3 pool (with a fence, lol)... *coughs
Oh well, at least he was good for a first kiss! You didn't want that adult Marcus, anyway!

I know it's a different character, but Ying's name reminds me of that Tang-dynasty chuanqui, The Tale of Ying-Ying. I bet your gorgeous mother has read it. :D

P.S. The knight statue needs to go in household inventory so that it inflates Ying's bills without providing an environmental boost.  ;)
@oshizu Heh heh, after my own heart I see. I did think of perhaps *ahem* eliminating him for the sake of the legacy. Cause, you know, different types of deaths and all. But that's too easy. Should milk him for all his worth first. 8)

Oooh ~ Yeah! My mum's quite the chinese literature + history buff. Pretty sure she has a hardcopy of the story somewhere in her study. I've only every read the english translated version, but my mum says that these kind of stories are best read in chinese because a lot of the nuance is lost in translation. I don't disagree with her, but reading chinese lit in chinese is a whole different beast from idk, chinese manhwa. And tbh, a lot of chinese lit stuff has pretty tragic or bittersweet endings and my soft heart cannot handle too much of that. XD

OMG thanks for the heads up! Gah! I must've missed that in the rules. >< I played ahead quite a bit before I saw your reply so the statue will probs show up in a few shots but I shoved it into the inventory when I renovated the lot.

Bad Marcus, bad. Ying might've just dodged a bullet there, some of Marcus' kids (at least in my games) wind up with a weird lower lip, like the skin tone doesn't match the upper lip and it just makes the whole mouth look really off. Still I agree with Oshizu, he could be excellent death fodder for the pool and it would be nicely ironic given how beefy and in shape he is. Good luck to Ying in the future. There might be someone else in her future.
@dontmindme I'm a sucker for first love stories so twas kinda hoping for it to work out. But looking back, I guess it works out for the better cause Ying ought to finish up her Serial aspiration first anyways. She'll find someone better with more kissable lips! Totally!

Woah, Marcus!  Even with the noncommittal trait, that was unexpected.  Ying can do better.  Onward and upward!
@BallerinaHippo Yeah. I probably should've tried stacking more moodlets before popping the question. Or maybe it was just really bad luck. I do wonder about the percentages for rejection when it comes to noncommittal sims. But it doesn't matter. Tis all done and dusted! Ying's gonna go on a blind dating spree to find 'the one'. Who needs a Marcus? Certainly not her!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.3 — Most Eligible Bachelor(s)
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 11:58:22 AM »
(You can read this post on Wordpress HERE)

1.3 — Most Eligible Bachelor(s)

Ying's been throwing herself into work as of late and grinding career progression and painting skill. She nabbed herself another promotion, and she's finally got enough to actually get a literal roof over her head. At last!

Here's the little shack we've built for her. I'm actually pretty bad at building so I'm pretty proud with how neat and cosy it turned out.

Here's a peek on the inside. Finally a fridge of her own! No more running to the public grill by the beach every time she wants to eat!

In other news, I've been starting to worry about how slow rolling things have been. It's my first time taking on the Legacy Challenge and actually committing to the rules. Not to mention, we had an extreme start and I'm not used to being so strapped for cash. So Ying and I sat down to have ponder where we would be taking this legacy. It's always nice to have a Watcher-Watched heart-to-heart every now and then.

So... what are we going to do now? You're making money. But you've been dumped—
Ying: "Rubbing it in, aren't you?"
You're going to be half-way through your young adult stage in a few days. And we haven't made much progress in terms of finding a suitable spouse.
Ying: "Yeah, but it's not like it's raining men. Also, I flirted with some people at work and yeash! Anyone who's available sucks. And anyone who doesn't suck isn't available."
About that. HOW is it possible that almost all the men you meet hate children?!? 
Ying: "I don't know. You're the Watcher. You tell me."
What do we dooooooo! We can't have men who hate children produce the offspring for your legacy! That's just... not right! 
Ying: "You know Watcher, the whole Marcus issue has got me thinking. Maybe we shouldn't care about who I romance. Instead of being selective, maybe I should just go for every male I come across. Eventually one will be a hit right?"
True... you need to complete your Serial Romantic aspiration too anyways. I almost forgot about it. 
Ying: "Yup! Yup! We don't need to care about who I romance. Just who we choose to move in first as our primary spouse! The rest we can just move in afterwards to work for us or something.
Ooh! Ooh! Like a harem. But with men instead! We can even have them take care of the kiddos! Marcus would make a lovely eunuch. *cackles* A life of servitude seems like fitting revenge for a non-committal guy like him.
Ying: "Yeah. I'm just gonna seduce as many men as possible since I need to for my aspiration anyways. Eventually there must be one good guy we can take to be our primary spouse right?"
Right.
Ying: "Let's take our time."
Definitely. If you get too old you can just get you a Young Again potion. Speaking of which... looked who has walked in.

Marcus might've rejected her once. But he won't be rejecting her a second time. It's been decided that Marcus will enter the family later on as a servant of sorts. And since Ying plans on taking advantage of him to raise her legacy family, she might as well go all the way and use him to complete her aspiration too.

It's easy enough buttering him up. And they have an impromptu date that ends with him (naively) agreeing to be her boyfriend after he gets caught up in the moment.

Hohohohoho ~ can't wait to break it to him when the time comes. 
Ying: "I can't wait till I find the one. Seduction is tiring work. Phew!"
But all those tasty satisfaction points Ying!

Ying spends the next few days (i.e. every waking hour) getting around town (and outside of town) meeting people here, there and everywhere. And all I've got to say is that, Ying might be good at making money, but she has absolutely horrible luck with partners. All those randomly generated sims keep rolling a 'Hates Children' trait. How is that possible? I don't know. But Ying keeps meeting sims with that trait it's ridiculous.

First up is Sergio Romeo. He's a townie so I already knew his traits (Hates Children, Active, Materialistic) but unff, if it weren't for his 'Hates Children' trait he would make a fine spouse. He is a pretty boy.

Ying: "Dresses really smart too. I have a thing for men in cardigans."
If I remember correctly, his aspiration is to be rich or something like that. Which also means he probably is Buisness Savvy. 
Ying: "A man who knows how to handle money! Oh, I'm in love."
Are you?
Ying: "Eh, not really. But hey, I can respect a man who knows how to bring in the dough!"
*sigh* Yes. He would've made such a fine spouse if it weren't for that 'Hates Children' trait...
Ying: "God is fair?"

The next guy Ying got cozy with was Ayaan Savalani who's actually not that bad. He's cheerful, materialistic and lazy. The lazy trait makes Ying a little uncomfortable; It clashes with her personality.

Ying: "So what do you do during your off days?
Ayaan: "Nothing very exciting. Everyday's an off day for me, so it gets kinda... boring?"
Ying: "Everyday's an off day?"
Ayaan: "Yeah, I'm unemployed. Haha!"
Ying: "Oh.. well, if it's boring doing nothing then why don't you find a job?"
Ayaan: "It's a bit troublesome, don't you think?"

Well... he's not that bad of a guy.
Ying: "..."
If there's no one else I guess we could settle for him?
Ying: *whispers* "I sure hope it doesn't come to that. He'd make a nice friend. But a spouse? No thanks."

Next up, Kengo Kobayashi. He's a snob, squeamish and hates children. Too many meh traits and not a single redeeming one. Ying didn't care much for him. She just snuggled up with him for a bit, got her kiss, made him her boyfriend and got out of there to check out the other fish in the sea.

Ying: "If he were just a bore to talk to, that would've been fine. But he's not a bore. He's just plain annoying."

Ahhh, Nobuya Sasaki. A man Ying had the greatest (dis)pleasure of encountering. He's an insider, which isn't so bad. But he's also evil and, wait for it... hates children.

Ying: "Him hating children isn't even an issue anymore! This pasty keeps insulting me for no reason other than to be insulting!"
It's his evil trait talking.
Ying: "I don't even want to seduce a snake like him! Hmph!"
But you've already gotten so far! I can see his relationship bar with you! He may talk like that to you but he quite fancies you! It'd be a waste for you to stop now!
Ying: "If this is how he talks to someone he likes, I wonder how he'd treat someone he doesn't."
Just bear with it a little bit? You won't have to see him again ever once we're done getting what we need from him.
Ying: *sigh* "For the legacy."

While Ying was smooching Nobuya though, Ayaan happened to be there to witness it as seen in the photo above.

Whoops!
Ying: "Well, better have his heart-broken now than later. At least now he can move on from me and perhaps find someone suitable for himself."

I wasn't really familiar with the townies of San Myshuno so I initially had no idea Baako was a townie. Let alone married with kids. It was really a shame though, because he really was a great guy. He's a goofball, music lover and family oriented. And to top it off, he's well established in his comedian career. It's everything Ying would want in a man. Except...

Ying: "I could never break up a family though."
Of course, I understand. 

Besides, Baako is already an adult and it'd be much better to search for a partner closer to Ying's age.

Ying doesn't want to homewreck Baako's happy family so she just flirts with him enough to get a kiss from him for her Serial Romantic aspiration and breaks it off instantly thereafter. It does hurt their relationship a bit, but Ying truly does hope they'd be able to stay friends. Baako really is a good guy and it'd be nice to see him and his family around.

It's the same story with Brent Hecking who is Ying's co-worker. I also had no idea Brent was a townie initially (I usually stick to Willow Creek or Oasis Spring).
Brent's a dog lover, romantic and goofball. And also happily married.

Shucks!
Ying: *sigh* "If he weren't taken he'd have been a fine catch."
All the good men are unavailable, and all the men that are have questionable personalities. Finding 'the one' is tough!

Ying deals with Brent the same way she did with Baako. Steals a kiss, and asks to just be friends. They live in the same town, so she hopes that they'll have an amicable relationship in the long run.

Ying even had a short tryst with the Don. Ying doesn't know of his reputation, but I certainly do, and as Watcher I have to protect her from that Casanova.

Just make him your boyfriend and get that kiss from him and kick him off the lot! He ain't worth your time! I'm telling ya he already has like 2 women.
Ying: "I trust you. Didn't really like him anyways."

Things start looking up when Ying happens upon Rachid Assaoui during a trip to Windenburg's library. He's neat, a bookworm, and jealous.

Ying: "I do love myself an intellectual."

Rachid would've been first choice for primary spouse — because at last! a decent, available man (he's pretty cute too)— had Ying not happened upon...

Seiji Sakamoto. He's materialistic, a genius and family oriented. And honestly, the last trait had Ying sold. A family oriented man to be the founding spouse of her legacy? Yes please!

Ying: "We'll need to do something about his hair though."
Yes. Indeed. I say he's using way too much gel. 
Ying: "A man bun would look good on him don't you think?"

Since Ying has decided she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Seiji, she spends more time (compared to the other guys) getting to know him better before popping the question. And when she does, she does it in the hedge maze.

She thought it rather romantic.

Seiji moved in that night. For the time being though, they will be putting off the wedding till they're a bit more financially stable since Ying just splurged on renovating the shack into a home more fitting to raise a family in. Meanwhile, I gave Seiji a much needed makeover.

If you look closely you'll notice how pre-makeover Seiji has some 'monster eyes' with solid black scleras and golden irises; A cc of mine meant for my vampire sims. Clearly that's a no-no. And so is that 'too-much-gel' hair.

Looking much better. 

You can't see it from the front, but Seiji's rocking a pretty cool man bun.
(Also, ignore that visual glitch through the wall, one of my buy CC when crazy — it's fixed now.)

In other news, Ying hasn't forgotten about Marcus. And she reckons it's a good time to abuduct bring him in as the family's servant/attendant a secondary spouse.

Ying: "So, what do you say? Not a bad idea huh? There's shared family funds. And we get to casually stick together, no strings attached. No commitment needed. It's just like living in a shared home and we get to see each other more easily. That's all."
Marcus: "Doesn't sound bad. I've been getting pretty tired of my current housemates lately..."
Ying: "You'll just have to sign some papers. You know how landlords can be. Guy wants to be sure about who's moving in and all."
Marcus: "Sure, what papers do I have to sign?"
Ying: "Just sign, here. Here. And here."
Muahahahahahahahaha!
Marcus: "Okay."
Ying: "Thanks! Now you can start with taking out the trash and preparing dinner for us!"
Marcus: "Huh?"
This is why you always read the fine print. *cackles*
Ying: "You just signed away your life to the Jin family. The servant's quarters are that way. We'll call you when we need you."

Anyways, gonna end the post with a screenshot of the renovated house. Marcus's room is the one on the left. It's separate from the main household. I plan to expand the children's bedroom and add in more child-rearing goodies later on, but for the time being most of the money has been spent so it'll have to wait for a bit.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.3 — Most Eligible Bachelor(s) (Updated 30/04/18)
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
I loved reading about Ying's serial kissing spree! And I agree that the choice of the founder's spouse is oh-so-important!
When Ying was discussing her harem, I started imagining something like the Amazon Challenge but with Ying as the only Amazoness, haha.

So happy for you and Ying that she finally found The One. After all her searching, how perfect that she found him---cute AND excellent traits!
(In one of my failed challenge attempts, my heir married Sergio of the gorgeous abs and he was fine with his own kids.)

It was great seeing how your house grew, too!
A great update all around!

P.S. Sounds like I would love your mom! Huge fan of history and lit, too!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.3 — Most Eligible Bachelor(s) (Updated 30/04/18)
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »
Very nice! Aw, poor Marcus lol Could be worse. Congrats to Ying on finding the one ^^

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
I loved reading about Ying's serial kissing spree! And I agree that the choice of the founder's spouse is oh-so-important!
When Ying was discussing her harem, I started imagining something like the Amazon Challenge but with Ying as the only Amazoness, haha.

So happy for you and Ying that she finally found The One. After all her searching, how perfect that she found him---cute AND excellent traits!
(In one of my failed challenge attempts, my heir married Sergio of the gorgeous abs and he was fine with his own kids.)

It was great seeing how your house grew, too!
A great update all around!

P.S. Sounds like I would love your mom! Huge fan of history and lit, too!

@oshizu Ooh, gotta look up that challenge. Sounds interesting! Ying's not too sure how many extras she'll want to move in but we'll see how things slowly pan out. The idea of a satisfaction point farm is very appealing.

Sergio is a fine, fine, fine man. Twas seriously considering him because I'd eventually need to get a primary spouse with a 'Hates Children' trait down the line anyway, and if it's gotta be like that, why not Sergio? But then I decided not to because of the slew of bad moodlets that's bound to crop up and it's still a bit early in the legacy; They won't have the resources to effectively deal with those moodlets so that trait can wait a bit. Just a precaution. Don't want to accidentally flub the legacy so early on haha ~

S/N: You and my mum would hit it off! Now, if only I could just get her into sims...

Very nice! Aw, poor Marcus lol Could be worse. Congrats to Ying on finding the one ^^

@Shewolf13 Heheh ~ Thanks. :) But Marcus shouldn't have it too bad. We plan to farm him of his satisfaction points so he should still be a pretty happy guy! Sort of! Just that we'll be blowing his points on stuff he'll never use lol

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.4 — Surprise Nooboo!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 06:54:50 AM »

1.4 — Surprise Nooboo!

All is well in the Jin household. Seiji got a job in the tech guru career, Ying is churning out paintings and progressing her career while Marcus spends most of his time either painting or fishing to supplement the household income and to help get Ying that cowplant berry.

Then came the surprise...

Ying: "Urgh, I'm not feeling so good..."
Woah woah woah! Wait a minute what?! This isn't what I think it is right???
Ying: "I, I think I might be pregnant."
What?! Who??? HOW! You've never tried for baby!!!
Ying: "I don't know! But the body doesn't lie!"
WAIT! Waaiiiittt... I just remembered now... Oh. Oh. Uh...

( I forgot I had the risky woohoo mod in play. )

Ying: "What? What! What is it?"
Ahahahaha... nothing. But er, who was the last person you woohoo-ed again?
Ying: "Erm. Rachid? I guess. That was before Seiji and got together of course."
How about Seiji? Have you and Seiji like. Woohoo-ed recently?
Ying: "Seiji and I haven't woohoo-ed yet. The opportunity never came up... The father is probably Rachid huh?"
Oh. Okay. Erm. Yeah, basically.
Ying: "What are we going to do about this?"
... I guess, we just have to tell Seiji? And Rachid?

Rachid took the news pretty well. Boy am I glad he and Ying ended on good terms.

Rachid: "It must've been quite a surprise."
Ying: "Yeah it was. I'm sorry for dumping this on you out of nowhere."
Rachid: "No, we should've been more careful. But what's done is done. I'll be there for you and the baby regardless."
*sniffs* Such a good man. Let's invite him to join the household Ying! He should have the option to stick around for his child if he wants to!
Ying: "If you want to... you could move in? That is, if you want. If you'd rather not want to be burdened by a child that's fine too. Because I've already got Seiji."
Rachid: "I'd love to! I'd love to stick around to watch my child grow! And Seiji doesn't have to worry. You and I, we're just friends now. What we had is all in the past. It's only because of the baby. Cross my heart, hope to die!"

And thus, Rachid became the first official, secondary spouse of the Jin Legacy.

Seiji was just as understanding.

Seiji: "Don't look so down. I'm not upset! Besides, this was before we got together, so what's there to be upset about?"
Ying: "But it's not your child..."
Seiji: "A baby is a baby. Doesn't matter if it's not mine. I can still make a great step-dad!"
Ying: "So.. you're actually okay with this?"
Seiji: "We've been wanting a baby anyways right? We got one!"
Ying: "How about Rachid? Are you okay with him moving in?"
Seiji: "Oooh, he's moving in? Great! It takes a village to raise a child. It'd be nice for the baby to know their biological father too... he's a nice guy right?"
Ying: "Errr, yeah? I guess? He's a good guy."
Seiji: "Great! Then the baby will be in good hands... I can't wait to see who the baby takes after!"

Wow, it's great that he's family oriented. He took it really well.
Ying: *whispers* Yeah, he's more excited than all of us combined.

It isn't long before D-Day arrives and Ying heads to the hospital to give birth.

How you feeling?
Ying: "Not too great."

Annnnddddd..... IT'S A GIRL. Which was sort of expected, considering how Ying basically gorged herself on strawberries after learning of her pregnancy. After all, only a female can be an heir.
In any case, meet Jia! The first poteintial heir to the Jin Legacy!

Ying: "Isn't she adorable?"

The dads with their baby girl is an absolutely adorable sight. Rachid is a very nurturing father, and he's almost always the first to respond to Jia's cries. And Seiji is absolutely smitten by his step-daughter. He just loves cooing at her! Jia has seemed to have taken a liking to Seiji too!

On a side note, here's a random photo of Marcus hanging with Ying's exes (Ayaan, Kengo and Nobuya were there too, but not in frame).

While the family was dealing with the pregnancy, Marcus was out socalising and raising his charisma because he has that annoying 'Friend of the World' aspiration.

You're such a pain, even as a servant. Urgh.
Marcus: "Well... you could just fire me?"
Nice try. Also watch your mouth. Say anything funny about Ying to her exes and I'm taking away your bed and you can enjoy sleeping on the floor. I won't stand for slander against my Watched. I only had Ying call them here so you could complete your stupid aspirations. Make friends with them and get back to fishing!
Marcus: *sigh* "Okay."

We're gonna milk this man of his satisfiaction points as much as we can! Muahahahahahaha!

Authur's Notes:
Jia's name is written — 甲 — and has the meaning of 'first'. She's the first born child, so I thought it'd be a pretty apt name for her. Hehe ~

Man. I probably should've done a survey of my mods before I started playing the legacy. Ying's pregnancy nearly gave me a heart attack! My mods folder is a mess so I haven't been able to check every inch of it, but I did a quick one over and I think there shouldn't be anymore surprises. Hopefully. I think I'll keep the risky woohoo option 'on' though, because I like it for my other gameplays. It just means I have to be more careful when woohoo-ing from now on.

Anyways, I finally got a 'Meet the Jin(s)' section up! Woohoo!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.4 — Surprise Nooboo! (Updated 05/05/18)
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »
Ahahahahaha!  I love the Risky Woohoo option XD There is a birth control option that goes with that, just so you know.  Welcome Jia!  And watching the two of them with her is adorable ^^

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »
That's quite the curveball!  And so early in your legacy, too.  I love how understanding Ying and both of the guys were.  Jia has a great "village" to raise her.   :)

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »
Ahahahahaha!  I love the Risky Woohoo option XD There is a birth control option that goes with that, just so you know.  Welcome Jia!  And watching the two of them with her is adorable ^^
@Shewolf13 There is? Thanks for the heads-up! Haha ~ But I probably won't be using the birth control much. The surprise is the fun part. ;)
Jia gets way cuter as a toddler! Just wait! :3

That's quite the curveball!  And so early in your legacy, too.  I love how understanding Ying and both of the guys were.  Jia has a great "village" to raise her.   :)
@BallerinaHippo I had a huge 'oh no' moment when I found out about the pregnancy and was all ready to nuke my legacy before I calmed down and realised that secondary spouses are a thing and Rachid was cute as hell too. Am somewhat glad that I found out about that rouge mod via Rachid. Cause I vaguely remember woohoo-ing either Ayaan or Kengo at one point (it raises the date meter really fast). The little 'village' is really helpful. There's always an adult around for her and phew! If she wants Top-Notch Tod, she needs all the help she can get!

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.5 — Of Weddings and Toddlers
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 10:52:58 AM »

1.5 — Of Weddings and Toddlers

Now that Ying's pregnancy is over, its high time she and Seiji got married officially! So one phone call and everyone Ying knew (except Marcus, someone has to watch Jia after all) was invited to Myshuno Meadows for the ceremony.

For some reason, most of the guest seemed more interested in getting a drink from the bar so we only managed to get only ??? 5 people actually witnessing the ceremony?

Sit down people! Please! Oi! Rachid, where do you think you're going!
Rachid: "Oh Watcher, heh heh... Sorry! But the bartender is cute. *whisper* And I think she might have a thing for me. *whisper* Besides, I'm sure Ying and Seiji won't mind. I mean, look at them! They're lost in their own world."
*sigh* Only cause you're a nice guy Rachid. And well, you're not wrong.

( Rachid's they guy in red with the top hat. I wish I had taken a pic of his formal outfit. 'twas a pretty cool combo. He works that top hat. )

The blushing bride is absolutely gorgeous with her hair up. And she's also dressed to impress! Look at that stunning qipao of hers! Who says weddings dresses can't be red?

Ying: "I love you."
Seiji: "I love you more ~"
Ying: "No I do!"
Oh, get on with it already you two!
Seiji: "Ahem, Ying. You're smart, ambitious, a go-getter. But you're also gentle, compassionate, and brigten up my life. I know you intend to build a legacy, and I want to be there with you every step of the way. I want to be your support and so much more. Will you marry me?"
Ying: "Yes! Yes! Of course!"
This is all so sickeningly sweet. I'm cringing.

Awwww, aren't they so sweet?

In fact, they're so sweet it's almost enough to give anybody diabetes.

I mean, look at them feeding each other the first slice of wedding cake! IT'S SO CUTE (And cringy. Cute-cringy)!!!!
In any case, the wedding went smoothly and Ying's got her first Gold Wedding Party, and hopefully there's going to be plenty more to come in the generations to come.

The day was still young, so the newlyweds headed over to The Gold Room nightclub for some lovely-dovery good times. Besides, Ying needs to work towards her Soulmate aspiration. I think I forgot to mention it in the previous updates, but Ying had completed her Serial Romantic aspiration right before Seiji moved in.

Ying: "Honeymoon time!!!"

Let's just say that Ying's feeling really 'in-the-mood'. The wedding high will take a while to wear off and till then, Ying's gonna be throwing out all those cheesy pick-up lines she'd learnt from all her past relationships on Seiji.

Ying: "Hey there, handsome."
Seiji: *blushes*
Ying: "Do you like skittles?"
Seiji: "Y-yes?"
Ying: "Great! Cause I've got skittles in my mouth. Get ready to taste the rainbow?"
*groan* Where did you learn THAT from?!
Ying: Shush! Can't you see, Seiji's totally loving it!

Yeash. Right in the middle of the dance floor? No shame at all. Get a room you two!
Ying: "It's our wedding day, lighten up Watcher!"

Once the day is over though, it's back to the usual humdrum of daily life. Sort of. Cause how boring can life be when you got a toddler in it?

That's right! Jia's aged up! She rolled the CLINGY trait. She a cute toddler, and takes after her father – with her curly blond locks and thin lips. I honestly do wish she had at least inherited a feature or two from Ying. It's always cool to see how many generations the Founder's genetics can last.

In any case, cue the mandatory family bonding montage!!!

Jia skills really quickly thanks to her clingy trait. And with so many adults in the house, there almost always someone out there for her to get some attention from. Ying is most definitely the strict parent. She's always the trying to educate Jia in the ways of being a top-notch toddler whenever she possibly can.

Ying: "Drrrraaaggoooon. Repeat after me Jia, Drrraaaaggooonnn."
Jia: "Da—gon."
Ying: "Hmm, try again. Drraaaggooonn."
Jia: "Daaaaagoooon."
Ying: "Good try Jia, maybe we should try another word."
Jia: "But mummy, I want to play with Uncle Rachid!"

Rachid's a really nurturing father. He's always checking up on Jia on his own, and plays with her a lot even without my nudging. Jia absolutely adores him.

Rachid: "Rachid Airlines, ready for take off! Are you ready?"
Jia: "Ready!"
Rachid: "Vrrrooooommmmm! Vrooooommm!"
Jia: "Higher!! Higher!"

Rachid: "Whoop-dee-doo ~!"
Jia: "Ahhhh!!! Wait! Not upside down!"

Since they're not tight on money anymore, Ying decided to invest in a toddler playground – ball pit and all – for Jia's enjoyment. It will be useful in raising the future generations to come. In the meantime, Jia's having an absolute blast swimming in colourful plastic.

I noticed that Jia didn't get much of an opportunity to bond with Seiji since he's been so caught up with work. So I had him take a day off to get some daddy-daughter time.

Seiji: "Eagle One requesting permission to land. Over."
Seiji: "Bbbzztt! Oh no! I think an alien ship is attack! Requesting instructions captain!"
Jia: "Shoot! Shoot at the bad monsters! Make them go boom boom!"

Family bonding aside, Rachid has been spending time building up a rocket ship.

Rachid: "Won't be long before she's ready to fly!"
Awfully busy aren't you?
Rachid: "Yeah, haven't got much to do around the house really. By the way, I picked up a job in the Atheletic career!"
Isn't that tiring? It has really odd hours.
Rachid: "Nah, am not taking it too seriously. It's just to pass time, earn some cash. Besides, it'll help we work towards my Bodybuilder aspiration! I do love myself some big guns! Heh, heh!"
Atta boy!

All the hard work does pay off though, and Rachid is ever closer to achieving the perfect body. The finishing line is not far off.

Rachid: "Hey Watcher! Look at these gains!"
Looking smokin' my man!

Ying, on the other hand, has been working on her gardening ever since Marcus fished up their first cowplant berry.

And as for Marcus. Guy has finally completed his 'Friend of the World' aspiration gah! It was such a pain micro-managing him and his constant hangouts at the beach just to get his 20 friends. Blegh.

His best friend is Gunther Munch. And I think they might have a thing for each other. Their romance bar filled up quite a bit while I wasn't looking.

Ying: "I've seen them together, they're kinda cute."
kINda CuTe?! KINDA CUTE?! Ying have you forgotten what this man has done to you?!?
Ying: "Of course not. But I've got Seiji now, and I'm long over it. I mean, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have met Seiji."
Hmph! Still think he's a bad guy.
Ying: "Maybe, but he's not that bad. He hasn't really complained much and does as he's told. He's also brought in quite a bit of money for us."
Yeah, yeah whatever. I don't see what Gunther sees in the man but whatever. They can flirt or make smoochy-faces so long as Marcus keeps doing what he's supposed to do. 
Ying: "Haha ~ going soft?"
What!? NO. They can do whatever they want but Marcus is doomed to live and die in this household as a servant! It's his punnishment for his fickle ways!
Ying: "Whatever you decide to do with him though, I just want you to know, I don't mind what he's done anymore."
Are you trying to get me to let him off???
Ying: "Oh no! Not at all— oh, would you look at the time! Time for Jia's word lesson!"

In any case, I think I'll end off the update here.
There should be quite a bit of excitement expected in the next update... Is that a bump in Ying's tummy? Heh heh ~ Stay tuned to fine out! ;)

Author's Note:
Moarrr babies yeaaahhh!
On a side note though, am wondering if I should get Marcus and Gunther together. I mean. Satisfaction points ayyyee ~

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Get them together, get them together! --ahem-- hehehe couldn't resist. Anyway, loved the family. The wedding was wonderful. Laughed way too hard at the Watcher telling them to get a room hehehe

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
I agree!  Get them together.  Plus, it provides a valid reason for Marcus turning Ying down.  Of course, it doesn't explain why he flirted with her and led her on, but maybe he was confused.

Lovely wedding and super-cute toddler!

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.6 — Dragon Phoenix Twins
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 09:47:49 PM »

1.6 — Dragon Phoenix Twins

We ended the last chapter with Ying being preggy, and fast forward a few days or so, it's time for the baby!

Ying: "Guys! Watcher! I think it's time!"

Previously, Ying went to the hospital alone. But this time Seiji decided to accompany her; He wanted to be there for the birth of his child. Ying's already done this before so she's as cool as a cucumber, but Seiji practically had a breakdown. His pre-parental panic came out in full force.

Seiji: "Oh no. Oh no. Oh nononononoononoononoo—"
Seiji! Calm down!
Seiji: "What's that machine for? Why is Ying so quiet? Is something wrong with her? Is she okay? Or is something wrong with the baby?"
She's giving birth Seiji! You can't expect her to be all that talkative! And nothing's wrong, the doctor is justing giving her a check up with the machine. Relax!
Seiji: "But why would the doctor need to do a check up unless something was wrong?"
Seiji—
Seiji: "Oh noononooonononoo! Ying's too young to die! We've barely just started! And the baby! Oh the baby!!!"
Uh, you know what. You can just... panic there in the corner. Just do it quietly will you?

For someone who's Family-Oriented, he's sure panicking a lot. But maybe it's because he is Family-Oriented, that he's panicking.

Seiji's pre-parental panic attacks aside, everything else went ahead without a hitch. Annddd... it's TWINS. A boy and a girl! DRAGON PHONEIX TWINS
Twins were not surprising since I've got the On Ley Line lot trait to help boost fertility. But I've never gotten boy-girl twins in the game before so I'm absolutely thrilled!

Meet Chen & Feng Jin!
Chen — 辰 (chén) — means 'Heavenly'. It's also a name associated with the fire element, and also with the year of the Dragon. And since he's the 'Dragon' of the pair, it seemed fitting to name him 辰.
Feng — 凤 (fèng) — means 'Phoenix'. It's very literal and a fitting name for the 'Phoenix' of the pair. 凤 is also associated with the water element.

Not everyone was thrilled about the new additions to the family. Jia was very upset about her new siblings and went to her new room to vent to Mr. Meow.

Jia: "One sibling is bad enough. But TWO!?!"
Jia: *sobs* "I don't want siblings!!!"

( Also yes! If you've noticed from the background, I've renovated the legacy lot seeing how we have two new additions to the family. I want to show it off so I'll do a house tour later. It's much bigger and looks way better now! It's great having a ton of sims hauling in the moolah. )

With pregnancy out of the way and Seiji having upped his Painting skills, it was high time our lovely founder and her primary spouse be memorialised. 

Ying decided to throw in a medium portrait of Rachid too. He deserved one, being the father of Jia and all.

Potraits aside, Ying's completed her Soulmate aspiration easily enough. Ying and Seiji can't get enough of each other. With all Love aspirations done and dusted, she moved onto the Bodybuilder aspiration for that much desired Long Lived trait. 

Rachid: "PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT! MOVE THOSE CHICKEN LEGS!!"

Rachid had already completed his Bodybuilder aspiration, so he helped Ying out with hers by mentoring her. And boy is he a tough trainer; Look at that face! Never though him to be the 'tough-love' type of guy.

It wasn't long before Jia's birthday rolled by and the family held a party for her. Only Marcus and Ying were in attendance since Rachid and Seiji had to go to work, but Jia wasn't really bothered by it. She was excited to mingle with all the uncle and aunties (aka all of Ying's exes and a few of her female friends). The family would've gotten their first gold medal for the Birthday Party, but for some reason one of the goals was bugged – it wouldn't clear no matter how many times it was completed – so they had to settle for silver. They'll have more opportunities in the future no doubt. 

Jia rolled NEAT – just like her father – for her trait. And got RAMBUNCTIOUS SCAMP for her aspiration. A tomboy who doesn't like to get too dirty? Cool! 

If you can't already tell from her wardrobe choice, her favourite colour is purple. ;)

Uh, Jia. I'm not sure if you've noticed but those shoes and that dress don't exactly match...
Jia: "Oh, I know. But they're easy to run in! And very comfy!"
Well... Okay. And those tights, they don't really fit the outfit either. Aren't they hot?
Jia: "Yeah. It's hot! But I don't want to accidentally flash my undies! And wearing shorts under the dress makes it look poofy and ugly. Tights look better!"
Hmm... whatever floats your boat Jia.

Both Chen & Feng's birthday also coincidentally fell on the same day as Jia's and they both aged up to toddlers. Chen rolled the SILLY trait, while Feng rolled CHARMER.

They are definitely twins. Look at their matching dopey expressions! I love it! 

On a side note, I decided to let Marcus and Gunther get together after all. Their romance bar filled way too quickly without my intervention. 

Ying: "I guess they were meant to be."
*grumbles* Could've told you he wasn't interest in the first place instead of leading you on.
Ying: "Aww, come on Watcher! You're not still bitter about that are you?"
Humph!
Ying: "They're cute."

Ying: "Wow, you actually let Marcus date in the house. You've really gone soft huh?"
What! I have NOT. Guther's just a nice guy and doesn't deserve to date in that shabby shack that Marcus sleeps in. Just because I don't like Marcus doesn't mean I don't like Gunther. 
Ying: "That's still rather nice of you. I'm surprised you agreed to let Gunther move in too."
Huh? What are you talking about?
Ying: "Hmm? You gave permission right? I mean, Marcus and Guther are discussing it  rig—"
Wait a minute!!!

Gunther: "I want to be with you, spend more time with you. Would you like to move in with me? I'm living alone, my whole family has moved out. It's rather lonely home alone, and I'd love to have you around."
Marcus: "I'm sorry, I can't. I'm bound to this household by the Watcher's contract. I can't break it."
Gunther: "Watcher's contract?"
Marcus: "Yes. My—This household has a Watcher watching over us. And I can't leave unless they allow it. And I'm kind of sure I'm not allowed to leave because of uhh... reasons hahaha..."
Gunther: "Then how about me moving in then? I don't mind! It's lonely living alone!"
Marcus: "I don't think you'd like it though. I mean. I don't exactly live in this house. I live in the shack close to the beach. You've seen it. It's nothing much. You're better off living in your own place."
Gunther: "I said I don't mind. I really don't."
Marcus: "But. My Watcher might not allo—"

*groans*
*mutters* I can't believe I'm doing this *mutters*

You. Gunther can move in if he wants. Tell him that. I... don't mind.
Marcus: "Seriously!!?!"
Gunther: "Huh? What? What?"
Marcus: "My Watcher just said you could move in if you want! But wait! Are you sure you want it? I mean, like I said. I don't live in the best of places."
Gunther: "Am totally okay with it! Living in such a big house alone is boring anyway! When can I move in!"

*sigh* I guess I'll have to upgrade Marcus's liv—
Ying: "And Gunther's"
*rolls eyes* —and Gunther's living space soon.
Ying: "It's sweet how secretly soft you are Watcher!"
Shaddup.

Gunther moving in brings up the number of sims in the household up to a whopping 8! He's CREATIVE, a BOOKWORM, and CLUMSY. With the RENAISSANCE SIM aspiration. 

He's got plenty of skills at various levels, but for now, I don't have any solid plans for him. The renaissance aspiration might be a little tricky to get around, especially when there are 2 toddlers and 1 child in the household that needs attention. So for the time being, Gunther will just be doing daily tasks for his career – reading books, so easy-peasy – and have free reign over whatever else he wishes to do. 

The Jin household is going to be really busy from now on with so many people in it. 

Author's Note:
Eight sims! That's gonna be a real handful! I'm a total micro-manager but eight sims, and two of which are toddlers? This is gonna be a challenge.

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.6 — Dragon Phoenix Twins (Updated 11/05/18)
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 09:57:35 PM »
Get them together, get them together! --ahem-- hehehe couldn't resist. Anyway, loved the family. The wedding was wonderful. Laughed way too hard at the Watcher telling them to get a room hehehe
@Shewolf13 Got them together because why not? ;)
More helping hands around the house is bound to be helpful right? Or at least, I hope so! Eight sims is pretty daunting!

I agree!  Get them together.  Plus, it provides a valid reason for Marcus turning Ying down.  Of course, it doesn't explain why he flirted with her and led her on, but maybe he was confused.

Lovely wedding and super-cute toddler!
@BallerinaHippo Pretty valid explanation indeed. Whenever I'm not looking the romance bar between those two jumps like crazy! Gah! With Ying, she flirted first all the time. But for Gunther, it just happened. But whelp, not complaining anymore I guess. Gunther is a pretty swell guy! Lotsa skills he got.

anything