Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 118102 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 13--- Making Friends in Moonlight Falls
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 06:40:43 PM »
It's a beautiful day and Rae's off work so she takes Clarisse out for stroll.

They end up at the library and read a book together.

Another Mom is debating if she can chance ducking into the bathroom while her son plays.
She doesn't want to the take the risk, so she quickly introduces herself to Rae.

Crissy: "Hi, I'm Crissy Frio, I hate to put you out but could you keep an eye on my little boy, Cemre, while I duck into the restroom?"
Rae: *with a happy smile but thinking FRIO!!!* "That wouldn't be a problem at all! I'll just let them play together and keep an eye on both of them. It's never too early to start making friends! Take your time. Moms of toddlers need to stick together and give each other a break. And I think …we need to chat."

Crissy: *with a questioning look at her tone* "chat?"
Rae: "My name is Rae FRIO! But use the restroom and we'll talk!"

Crissy gives her a startled glance, but nods and hurries into the ladies' room.

The two toddlers read happily together and then another little girl joins them. Her name is Olga Younan.

With the children reading and getting along so well, Rae and Crissy read and chat on a nearby couch.

Rae: "Frio isn't a common name in Moonlight Falls. May I ask who your husband is?"

Crissy: *eager to chat and figure out this mystery* "His name is Hesper Frio. He moved here quite a few years ago but he's never mentioned being related to anyone in town. *pausing* In fact, he's never told me much about his family at all except that he used to live in Sunset Valley."

Rae: * thinking:  HESPER!!! Sunset Valley?! Wow, this is way too much of a coincidence!* so she says, "And he doesn't have any close friends here?"

Crissy: "Oh, he does have a best friend here in town! Her name is Audra Bean! They chat a lot on the phone and e-mail and stuff."
*she gives Rae a look as she noticed Rae's shock when the best friend was female*
"Nothing inappropriate, just telling each other how their lives are going, about their children and you know, best friend stuff! Speaking of children, Hesper told me Audra and her husband had triplets way before it was in the paper. I couldn't even imagine it! We only have Cemre and he keeps me so busy, I can't imagine two, let alone three at once!"

Of course, Rae's shock wasn't about the best friend being female at all, but confirmation that Audra was involved!

The mothers have been so engrossed in their conversation that they both look up startled when Patty Younan, Olga's Mom, picks her up and heads out of the library. They smile guiltily at each other and quickly check on their children.

The toddlers are still reading but Rae realizes Clarisse needs to use the potty so she says her goodbyes, promises to keep in touch and gets back to motherhood. But her thoughts are churning. *I need to talk to Audra ASAP*

Since the days are so nice, Sam ventures into the park next door and enjoys a game of horseshoes with Pip Goodfellow.
His son, Devon, has the golden wings that entranced Adam as a toddler. And with no ghosts around this time, Sam gets a chance to introduce himself and work on his Charisma skills.

And on a quiet evening at the park, he works on his guitar skills. He's still shy but he's getting used to a stranger or two watching him play for tips and making friends as well. 

Adam tags along with Sam and meets a yellow ghost boy! He's not shy or scared at all and eagerly introduces himself.

Adam: "Hi, I'm Adam Frio. What's your name?"
Seth: "I'm Seth Slymer. And before you ask, no it doesn't hurt and yes, I can walk through walls!"

Adam: *impressed* "That is soooo cool!"
Seth: "Really? You're not scared of me or grossed out?"

Adam: "Of course not, I have cousins who are fairies and one of them was even a ghost when she was a nooboo!"
Seth: "Wow, a hybrid!"

Adam: "She's only a fairy now, but her wings are awesome! They are all sparkly and a dark bluey/black. I find wings fascinating!

Seth: "Yeah, wings are cool. Do you think I could meet her? I'd love to meet someone that wouldn't be afraid of me."
Adam: "She starts school with me soon so maybe we'll all be in the same class and I can introduce you. Kenyatta's a little grumpy, but she'll love that you can walk through walls, just like I do."

Even Misty the cat got to make a few friends within the family now that she uses the scratching post instead of their bare legs! Most of the time everyone is so busy with school, work and learning their skills that Misty's pretty much on her own. But they do take the time to pet and hug in once in awhile, even if I never get pictures of it!

And Adam and Clarisse get to know each other while playing with the blocks.

And a fun game of peek and boo! They are so cute together.

And a hug for his baby sister, another best friend!

Then Audra invites the family over for a birthday party. Hers and the boys. While the other guests mingle and chat, Audra congratulates Blake on looking so grown up. But Blake can't keep his eyes off his Mom's adult hair!

Audra: *grumpily* "Blake, stop staring at my hair! I know it's hideous as it's the same hair I got when I aged to YA. I haven't had a chance to go to the salon yet."

Blake: "It's not that bad Mom, just different. It makes you seem more… grown-up I guess.'

Audra: "Well, thanks, Blake. Maybe it's time I tried a different look."

Cameron was too tired to chat with anyone and headed upstairs to sleep in their new fairy house, a present from Grandpa Jared.

Rae realizes that this is the perfect opportunity to have her chat with Audra!

Rae: "We haven't chatted in a bit, so let's be private out here where I can tell you a story."
Audra: "I don't have time for a story!"

Rae: "You have time for this story! Now sit down and don't interrupt!"
Audra: *surprised at Rae's tone* "Well, okay, for a minute I guess…"

Rae: "Once upon a time in a little Valley called Sunset, there was a little girl who had a very special doll. A doll named Hesper!"

*Rae sees Audra tense up but continues*
"A doll that aged up when the little girl did and that no one else could see. They teased the little girl about her Imaginary Friend so much that the little girl finally stopped talking about it. And finally stopped playing with it and packed Hesper away. But the little girl, all grown up now, brought her special doll with her when they moved to Moonlight Falls."

Rae pauses and takes in Audra's stunned face and quietly asks, "Didn't you Audra?"

Audra can't speak but nods her head in the affirmative, her eyes huge in her pale face.

Rae continues on: "And in Moonlight Falls the grown up girl, who was fascinated with discovering potions, found one that would be truly amazing, if it worked! And it did work didn't it Audra?!"

Audra whispers, "Yes, it did, it worked…all too well. But I wasn't expecting Hesper to be male…if I had known that.."

Rae: "If you had known that, you wouldn't have been so lonely and sad here in Moonlight Falls. You wouldn't have met Victor. So you discovered the Imaginary Friend Metamorphosis potion after that?"

Audra: "Yes, I was already expecting when I discovered that one. Then Victor and I married and the house was too full to use it."

Rae: "Then Victor found a house for both of you and he moved out, so there was room. But when did you do it?"

Audra: "The day we lost Mom! I gave Hesper the potion downstairs all excited, not knowing what was happening. I had planned on taking her with me to our new house. She was my best friend for all those years and if I could make her real…"

Rae: *her throat closing up and tears forming in her eyes* "All those years when no one believed you. All those years where you stayed up in your room away from the TV and the computers, playing with your best friend. Oh, Audra, I see why you did it, but why didn't you tell us?"

Audra: "We were all in mourning Rae! I just couldn't do it then. Losing Mom was such a shock for all of us! And I needed to be with Victor. I loved Victor and our child. But Hesper and I liked each other too much. We could have fallen in love so easily, so I set him free. Free to have a life, to find his own love. *all excited* And he did! He has a wife named Crissy and a little boy, Cemre, that's around Clarisse's age…"

Rae: * interrupts, smiling* "I know Audra, I've met both of them. Crissy is lovely and so nice. And Cemre is the cutest little boy. He and Clarisse played and read together at the library for hours. *then sternly* "But imagine my shock when Crissy introduced herself as Crissy Frio and then told me her husband was named Hesper! Audra you shouldn't have let us find out this way! But now that we know…"

Audra: *gulping" "What are you going to do, Rae?"

Rae: *laughing* "Invite him and his family to the next birthday party of course!"

But that didn't happen as the next birthday was little Clarisse's, and they just kept it to immediate family since it was on a school night.

Adam watches all excited as Clarisse twirls!

And blows a noise maker loudly behind her, almost scaring her to death! But hey, that's what older brothers do best!
But hang on tight to that noise maker Adam! Clarisse grew up with the Klepto trait, just like your Mom and Grandma!

Adam: *worriedly* "Does that automatically make her heir?!"
Dee: "No, Adam. Heirs aren't decided until most or all of them are YA."
Adam: "'Cause, I think I'd really like to be heir, but I'm not sure about having to steal stuff."
Dee: "That's your Ambitious trait kicking in Adam. But don't worry, heirs aren't required to steal stuff. Your Grandma and Mom thought that was just an extra fun perk!"

Enjoying some quiet family time while eating their cake and listening to Clarisse chat about starting school.
Adam tells her all about his friend Seth Slymer and all the other really cool occult kids at school, plus the normal ones like them.

Then Clarisse heads upstairs to play a video game. She asked Adam to play but he said he had something he needed to do before he was too old.

One last ride on his rocking horse, Paint! Because tomorrow is his teen birthday!

Chapter 14-- The teen years in Moonlight Falls
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 14-- The teen years in Moonlight Falls
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 11:33:10 PM »
Adam is at the cake, and the family is all set for his teen birthday. Jared is mocking the birthday boy, as usual, while Clarisse gets to blow a noise maker this time.
Rae: "Don't forget to make a wish, Adam!'

And  a very serious looking Adam gains the Perfectionist trait!  Sam and Rae looked dazed and shocked to be parents of a teen! Cousin Blake is just waiting for them to cut the cake.

But Blake finally grabs a noise maker too, getting into the spirit of the party. Then Adam excitedly curls his fists and yells, "yes!"

Dee: "Why so excited Adam?"
Adam: "Lots of reasons, I got a decent trait, my hair looks great,  Grandpa kept his promise and got me a pair of red sneakers just like his! I love red! And this shirt isn't bad either and now I can finally learn to drive!"

Dee: "And there's cake!"
Adam: "You just had to ruin it didn't you. Just kidding! Mom, Grandpa Jared, and Aunt Audra have been making cake jokes for years now. I still like cake, but maybe some day you could get the chocolate one to work again?"
Dee: "I'll think about it. Go enjoy your party and all the guests. Your parents invited half the town!"

Adam mingles through the guests and sees Davon Goodfellow and his awesome yellow wings, Grandpa Jared, Uncle Victor, a man in a bright orange suit with purple black hair, and a little bald girl.

Adam: *whispers* "I wonder who that guy in the eye catching suit is? I don't think I've seen him before."
Dee: "Looks like your mother kept her word. You'd better ask your Aunt Audra to introduce him. That's her story to tell!"

Adam: "I will when I can find her in this crush. But can't you do something about the little girl?"
Dee: "If you want me too."

Adam: "Yes, please. I don't really like that bald look on anyone but toddlers and elders!"
Dee: "I'm with you there Adam."

So little Bernadette Paris gets hair!
Dee: "She's pretty Adam. I love her violet eyes. That would add something different to the Frio genes."
Adam: *embarrassed* "I guess. But she's just a kid."
Dee: "She is now, but kids grow! And we have plenty of time as we'll be waiting for Clarisse to grow up too. You could go talk with her at least. It's not like you know a lot of girls."

A reluctant Adam wanders over and starts chatting with the little girl. He finds out she's just started grade school  and is in Clarisse's class, so too young for him. He thanks her for attending the party and tells her to hurry and get a piece of cake.

He mingles some more and spots his Dad getting cake and stops to chat.
Sam: "Nice party Adam, lots of people from the town joined us to celebrate your birthday."
Adam: "But I haven't met anyone special."
Sam: "You mean a girl? Maybe one with wings? Adam you've got time. You just became a teen so enjoy this time. It goes fast, trust me."
But after Adam leaves, Sam starts doing some thinking.

After the party, Adam hits the dresser for some new clothes. The shirt's okay so he pairs it with some black pants.
And he really loves the red sneakers, so they stay!

Then a casual summer outfit.

The next day after school, before he has a chance to get on the bus, Adam gets a call from his Dad.

Sam: "Glad I caught you Adam! You need to come home right away!"

Adam: "Seriously, Dad? Seth and I were going to go over to Devon's house and hang out."

Silence on the other end.

Adam: "Umm, sure Dad, I'll come right home!"

Sam: "Thanks Adam. I know you'll thank me later."

Adam rings off wondering what his Dad meant about that last part.

But he doesn't wonder for long! He approaches the house and stops and stares. There's a fairy-girl with beautiful pink wings standing in the front yard! He thinks fast and pops out his phone and shows her an internet cat video. Who can resist those, right? She laughs and they start chatting.

Adam: "I'm Adam Frio."
Sophie: "I'm Sophie, Sophie Rodgers. My step-father, Branch Timbley, sent me over here with some vegetables."
Adam: "Vegetables?"
Sophie: "Yeah, he got a call from your Dad asking for some vegetables for your Grandfather's restaurant. He asked if I could bring them right over. So here I am. Then your Dad asked if I'd care for a dip in the pool. Want to join me?"
Adam: "Sure!" *thinking-- Wow, I will definitely have to thank Dad!*

Adam finds out that Sophie is a bit older than him and almost out of High School, so he knows he has to work fast.
He spends every day after school with Sophie and they quickly become best friends.

And then their friendship quickly turned into Romance and they started dating!

They have their first kiss and Adam is in love!

Adam was hoping to take Sophie to prom, but she graduated before Prom night, so he and his friends went stag.
But they still got the limo!

Adam has a good time at the prom and gets voted Prom King. But he missed dancing with Sophie.

And it's time for Clarisse's teen birthday! Dad's blowing a noise maker and Davon Goodfellow is cheering!

And Clarisse adds Angler to her traits. Grandma Claire's traits are still hanging on!

Clarisse heads to a mirror and quickly changes her hair and adds make-up.

But somehow she gets stuck in the sink while the party's going on!
Dee: "I've heard of getting into your work Clarisse, but that's a bit too much!"
Clarisse: "Just get me out of here! Quick before I miss the party. There was a cute blonde guy I noticed!"

But before Clarisse has a chance to reach the blonde, a red-headed guy steps in front of her and says , "Great party, Clarisse!"

Clarisse frowns as she doesn't think she knows him. Then recognition dawns as she exclaims, "Ethan? Ethan Goth?"

Ethan: "In the flesh! We had a  Senior class trip to the Fairy Arboretum here in Moonlight Falls, and I got permission to come see my relatives. But I can't stay long, just going to grab a piece of cake and say a quick hi to everyone!"

Clarisse looks beyond him, hoping to catch the blonde's eye.

Ethan notices and says, "Who are you looking for?"

Clarisse tells him she's looking for the guy with blonde hair, but he's not there anymore.

Ethan says, "I think I saw him go into the kitchen. Happy Birthday!"

Clarisse says, "Thank you" over her shoulder and fast walks to the kitchen.

And there he is!

Now that she's closer to him she does a  double take and exclaims: "Cemre!?"

Cemre: "Happy Birthday Clarisse! Wow, I like your hair that way."

Clarisse: "Thanks, I just can't believe it's you. You were a grade ahead of me in school so we never got to spend much time together."

Cemre: *laughing* "I'm still a grade ahead of you, but I'd love to hang out together!"

Clarisse: *smiling and thinking, BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!*

And hang out together they did! They went to the Summer Festival every day it stayed in town!
Chatting and getting to know each other.

Watching the stars.

Having their first kiss!

And becoming steadies!

With Clarisse a teen, it's almost time for Adam to reach YA.
But some sad and hard times are coming up for the Frio family.

Chapter 15--Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 15-- Loss and Loves
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 02:37:45 PM »
Sophie's parents, Linda and Branch Timbley, were throwing her a graduation party and had  invited their friends and neighbors including the whole Frio family. She doesn't look much different than she did as a teen but she feels more grown up somehow and her fairy power is definitely much stronger!

Adam was ambivalent about spending time with Sophie just now. They were still Romantic Interests and considered themselves partners,  but with their age difference they couldn't date or even be romantic. Sophie was okay with it because, as a YA fairy, her longevity had kicked in and she has over 100 days before she becomes an adult! Adam on the other hand was still a teen with several days of HS left. He thought about just buying a cake and getting it over with, but he knew that wouldn't be right and would disqualify him as a candidate for heir! His Ambitious and Perfectionist traits wouldn't let him screw up his life that way.

So it was off to the party as a teen. No matter how much that galled him! Mom and Dad were going and of course, Grandpa Jared, who had never missed out on a party in his life! But Clarisse and Cemre had decided to go to the Summer Festival's final events. The guests were mingling and chatting when an ominous feeling filled the house and there was screaming and crying upstairs!

Jared Frio was attending his last party!

Linda Rodgers Timbley: "Oh no, not here! Not now! This can't be happening. Not to Adam's Grandpa!"
*mumbling to herself---Was it the food?  Watchers everywhere, please let it NOT be the food!*

Adam and Sam take the stairs double time!

But there was nothing anyone could do as Grim did his ghastly job.

Grim: "Your time has come Jared Frio. It is fitting that your last moments on this earthly plane are at a party."

Jared agrees with Grim, but at seeing the grief in his families eyes, he falls to his knees and begs for another day.

Rae beseeches Grim as well but she knows it's to no avail as a golden urn had already appeared at her feet.

Earlier in the evening, across town, Clarisse and Cemre witness another leave taking during the Festival. Grim is busy this night!

Shaken by the experience, Clarisse says her goodbyes to Cemre. But before she leaves the Festival, she's struck by a loss much closer to home. And she didn't get to say goodbye to him!

Back at the Timbley residence, the party was pretty much over once Grim left. Sam had escorted a distraught Rae home, and Adam was being consoled by Sophie and her parents. In their grief, they all forgot about Adam's curfew, but the local police didn't! With Branch explaining the tragic circumstances, the police feel it wouldn't be safe for Adam to drive home in his shocked state, so Adam still goes home in a police car.

To take her mind off her grief, Clarisse goes shopping to pick up some new teen clothes.
Her favorite color is violet so she uses it to make her clothes pop. But thoughts of Grandpa Jared make it a task rather than the fun it should be.
She picks this for her athletic outfit.

And this one for everyday.

And then exhausted, more by grief than anything physical, she goes upstairs to grab a book to read.
But she's not alone! Grandpa Jared watches over his youngest grandchild thinking how beautiful she is. Like her mother, like his Claire. He's content. He's lived a good life and now he can watch over his family with his beloved Claire from this side of the coin of life.

He is touched and honored by the memorial notice his family places in the Moonlight Falls Messenger:

Gone but Never Forgotten:
Jared Frio---104 days young (as party animals are never really old)
LTW: 5 Star Chef---COMPLETED week 6 Day 1 in SV
Career: Culinary---he never retired, besides his family, cooking was his life

Pre-deceased by: His loving wife, Claire Ursine Frio
and his sister-in-law: Agnes Crumplebottom Frio

He leaves behind a large and loving family.
His children and in-laws:
Heir, Rae and Sam (Sekemoto) Frio (MF)
Jenna and Mortimer Goth (SV)
Heath and Darlene (Bunch) Frio (SV)
Audra and Victor Bean (MF)

And 8 grandchildren that were blessed to have the time they did with him:
Rae and Sam's: Adam and Clarisse (MF)
Jenna and Mortimer's: Ethan (SV)
Heath and Darlene's twins: Nicholas and Ryan (SV)
Audra and Victor's triplets: Blake, Kenyatta, and Cameron (MF)

A younger brother, Connor Frio and 3 nieces: Hope, Melody, and Marianne (SV)

And a special message from his family: We will miss you Dad/Grandpa. You have instilled in all of us a love for life, family, and parties celebrating our milestones. You can rest assured that you fulfilled your promise to our mother, and your loving wife, Claire, by taking care of us, watching over us, and most of all, loving us. You may be gone in the flesh, but we know that your spirit will be with us always and forever.

Adam was chomping at the bit to grow up just a few days ago. But with Grandpa Jared's passing, he feels like he's aged way beyond his teen years with the grief and sadness filling their home and his heart. But life goes on and birthdays still happen. Adam's was no exception. They have a house full again, including Sophie and her parents, the atmosphere is a bit strained though they try to make it as happy as is befitting a YA birthday.

Out of nowhere, Adam gains the Loves to Swim trait. He blames it on his grief and how messed up his head and heart were at the time. But I'm just thankful it was something bland and not negative.

But that still didn't point us in a definite direction for LTW. The choices being what they were, Adam settles on Swimming in Cash.

Something we can do easily with our current household funds as we just need the family to earn $50,000 more simoleans. And as Adam says, it goes with Loves to Swim!

Adam Frio---YA
LTW: Swimming in Cash
Traits: Easily Impressed, Light Sleeper, Ambitious, Perfectionist, and Loves to Swim
RI: Sophie Rodgers

The guests include Aunt Audra (she did keep her adult birthday hair!), Cousins Kenyatta, Cameron, and Blake, and Cemre Frio. Cemre doesn't look thrilled to have someone between him and Clarisse, especially a male someone!

Sam gives Adam a birthday present!

Adam and Sophie eat cake together and with both of them now being young adults, their status updated to steadies automatically! How long before they take the next step?

Well, first there's Adam's graduation. It was raining of course, and such a crush that Sam, Rae, and Clarisse barely made it inside before it was over! But they were just in time to see Adam become Valedictorian and be voted Most Likely to Fulfill His LTW! They all look pretty sober and thoughtful when they leave City Hall.

And then Adam went over to the Timbley residence. He had been planning on asking Branch for Sophie's hand but then remembered he was Sophie's step-dad, so he asked Linda. She was honored that he asked and thrilled to have Adam as a son-in-law! And he'd be gaining a very young brother-in-law as well, with Linda and Branch's Julius still being a toddler!

Then Linda brought Adam to Sophie and he quickly asks her to move in!

Linda leaves the room so they can continue in private.
Adam: "I love you Sophie and I want us to be together for the rest of our lives!"
Sophie: "I love you too Adam and I can't imagine my life without you in it!"

Sophie and Adam head back to the Frio house where Sophie gets a new hairstyle and clothes. She loves pink and it goes beautifully with her coloring and her gorgeous pink wings! She chooses this for her everyday.

Sophie Rodgers---YA (with 92 days before she ages to adult!)
LTW: Greener Gardens (Level 10 in gardening and make 100 plants grow using bloom)
Traits: Brave, Athletic, Proper, Can't Stand Art, and Friendly
BF: Adam Frio

And with the weather getting colder, this for her outerwear.

For her formal, she chooses a traditional fairy outfit in her favorite pink.

The last week in Moonlight Falls will be packed with events, both good and sad.
An heir will be chosen and a new town revealed!

Chapter 16-- Hectic Final Days in Moonlight Falls
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 16-- Hectic Final Days in Moonlight Falls
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 09:28:05 PM »
Adam and Sophie spend most of the last week together just getting to know each other as young adults.
Skating on a pond and then falling down on the ice!

And Adam loves getting to be romantic with her again!
Watching the stars.

Sweeping her into his arms for a kiss!

Giving her flowers!

Or a special massage!

So it's no surprise when he pops the question, places Grandma Claire's ring on her finger, and Sophie excitedly accepts.
(That was the special gift that Sam gave him on his YA birthday---Adam hopes it was actually a ring Grandpa Jared bought her and not one 'borrowed', but he doesn't ask questions!)

But they take the time for some practical things as well.

Sophie wants to build up her athletic skill for all the gardening she'll be doing in the next town so she starts with a simple Cardio workout.

Adam was helping his Mom go through Grandpa Jared's things and they came across a bunch of books that turned out to be his great-uncle Connor's sports novels. He reads a few of them and is inspired to take up writing as his career. He knows his LTW can be met with the families income, but he's a Perfectionist and his Ambitious nature makes him determined to earn the $50,000 on his own! So he starts writing his first novel picking the sci-fi genre, and naming it "Time Warp".

Sam completed his LTW: Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers this week! He gifted his guitar to Adam. He never wants to look at a mirror again. Art is now his life and passion. He takes a break from packing up his art supplies to play with Misty.

Sam:  *rubbing her ears* "We've left you alone too much again girl, haven't we? I do luv you kitty. I promise we'll be paying more attention to you as soon as we get settled in the new town."

Rae's love for music is as strong as ever. The fact that she completed her LTW this week and is now a Hit Movie Composer doesn't stop her from playing her guitar every chance she gets. In the park in her top hat and tails.

Or in the upstairs family room in her nightgown! It doesn't matter where she plays, she's just happy playing.

She even turns her hand to making potions as ever since she maxed logic she's wanted to discover them all!
But she puts everyone else's fears at rest when she tells them she won't be USING them just discovering them.
The family sighs with relief not wanting any other surprises like Audra's, be it ghosts, Imaginary friends becoming real, or whatever else those potions may do!

Clarisse works on her final days of homework, not enjoying it at all! (She insists on wearing her prom dress as much as possible as the dance was being held AFTER she graduated)

And Sophie gets talked into planning a bachelorette party for Friday night! It's not really her style, but they persuade her it's the *proper* thing to do.

But on Thursday, they are shocked by another loss! Grim comes for Misty and everyone is in mourning again!

Sophie: *proper to the core* taking Grim to task for his bad timing! "You couldn't have waited a little longer? This family has barely gotten over the loss of the Patriarch, and you do THIS to them?! Manners must be adhered to at all times!"

Grim: *face to face with a fairy going all PROPER on him* "Ummm, just doing my job, Miss, but I'll try to pay more attention to manners next time."

Sophie: "See that you do because you've made a mess of it this time!"

And they part as friends! Wow! Grim likes forceful women, who knew?!

Sophie wants to cancel the party, but it's too late, so they all endure it. She looks uncomfortable in her dressed to impress outfit. And not impressed with the guest in front of her either!
Sophie: *proper as can be* "You'd better keep your inappropriate looks to yourself."
Guest: *giggling* "Not for you honey, I heard some special music downstairs and I know what it means. Let's go watch!"

And the guest was right! Down in the kitchen some firemen have arrived.
But like Sophie, Rae and Audra don't seem impressed either. And poor Clarisse is distraught and crying over Misty!
Rae: *thinking* I don't know who hired these guys but we really should have cancelled this. What a mistake!

And poor Sam! He's blaming himself for not paying more attention to Misty, and decides to go upstairs and relax, maybe take a nap while the girls are having their party. He's in a deep sleep when he's jolted awake by this! Aging up!

And he breaks down over Misty's death again! I am so sorry your elder years had to start like this Sam!

And Rae realizes that it's time for an important conversation.

Rae: * in a serious tone* "Adam, we need to talk."
Adam: "Sure Mom, is something wrong?"

Rae: "No, not at all. It's about the heirship and picking the next town."
Adam: "But Clarisse hasn't aged up yet. It's too soon to decide.

Rae: "Clarisse has already made her decision to have Cemre move with us and he has agreed, so the heirship is yours."
Adam: * a little angry* "What? How do I get it because she chose Cemre? That doesn't make sense!"

Rae: "Adam, calm down and let me explain. Our heirship laws require the heir to choose a spouse from the town he or she was born in, to keep the genetics linked to those towns."
Adam: "But Cemre was born here in Moonlight Falls!"

Rae: "Yes, but not from original residents of the town. It wasn't necessary to inquire about Crissy's background or ties to this town because we know Hesper is Cemre's father and Hesper wasn't born here. In fact, he wasn't really born at all, he's magical, and only exists because of magic!"
Adam: *as understanding dawns* "So just by being with Cemre, loving him, choosing him to move with us, she's not eligible for heirship! But I don't want it that way, not just by default!"

Rae: *a slow smile creeping over her face* "Neither did I! And I am going to tell you the same thing your Grandma Claire, my mother, told me. It's always been you. In my heart I knew that from the moment you were born. Moonlight Falls is all about acceptance of different life states. You were fascinated by fairies as a toddler and your first friends were a ghost and a fairy, so my feeling that it was you continued. And when you found Sophie, your fairy with beautiful wings, my feeling grew stronger. Especially when it seemed like a miracle with your ages being off back then, when you both kept that alive even though it wasn't easy. The love you shared, waited for, it all confirmed that it was YOU Adam, you and Sophie. It was meant to be."

Adam: *Stunned* "Mom, I don't know what to say! That's so much to take in!'
Rae: "At least you can talk. Your father and I were shocked speechless!"

Rae: "So now there's a decision to be made Adam. What town are we moving to next?"
Adam: "I get to choose? How come? You didn't get to."

Rae: "Mom would have loved for me to get my first choice, but it just wasn't possible. But I wouldn't change a thing if I could, Moonlight Falls has been wonderful."
Adam: "Well, since it's my first decision as heir, I'll discuss it with Sophie and we'll book the flight and it will be a surprise for everyone else!"

Rae: *laughing* "Now I know you're a Frio! But you can tell me Adam, I won't spill the beans."
Adam: "You'll know soon enough, Mom. And I have you to thank for the idea!"

And it's the day they've all been waiting for! Clarisse's YA birthday! Only immediate family attending this time as the flight out is early the next morning. The house is empty, the furniture shipped to their new destination, and their bags are packed and ready to go. But Clarisse chokes up and has to stop.

She takes a deep breath, makes a wish and tries again.

She sparkles and starts to twirl…and then they hear a car outside. Rae peaks out the window and sees the Airport Taxi in front of the house.
Rae: "The Airport taxi's here Adam?
Adam: *frantically pulling out their tickets, scanning one and yelling, "Everybody grab your bags. The flight is 7 PM, not AM!"
Clarisse: "But I didn't get to finish! What about my YA pictures? What about Cemre?"
Adam: "No time, we'll have them taken at the new house! I'll call him and have him meet us at the airport!"

And that ends their lives in Moonlight Falls! But where did heir Adam decide to live?

Find out in the next chapter: Moving Day
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 03:33:44 PM »
Sorry. Not a new chapter yet. We lost power for almost 24 hours and now have family visiting for my hubby's birthday weekend. I appreciate all the views and will get the next chapter written and posted as soon as I get a free moment. Would anyone be interested in an heir poll for the next gen? Happing simming! Dee

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 17-- Moving Day Surprise
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 11:48:38 AM »
Sam: "Keep your eyes closed Rae! Adam made me promise that I wouldn't let you look until we got to the new house."
Rae: *laughing* "I'm capable of doing that on my own Sam, but I'll humor all of you! Are we there yet!?"

Sam: "Not yet.  But we're getting closer. A few more turns according to Adam's directions. We have a view now, but don't look Rae!"
Clarisse: *squealing* "Wow, look at that! Not you, Mom!"
Rae: "Not looking, I promise. But please don't do that, I nearly jumped out of my skin and opened my eyes!"

And around the next bend.
Cemre and Clarisse: *all excited* Wow, look at that, man, this is so awesome! It's going to be so cool living here!"
Rae: "Come on you guys, you're killing me here!"

The next vista stuns them all to silence. Which worries Rae more than ever!
Rae: "What's going on? Are we there yet?
The others chorus, "No, and keep…
Rae: "I know, I know, keep my eyes closed!"

The house comes into view and the exclamations increase again!
Sam: "Wow, Adam knows how to pick 'um!"
Clarisse: "It's huge!"
Cemre: "It certainly won't be a hardship living here!"
Rae: "Hurry up and park the car so I can open my eyes!"

Adam guides Rae out back by the pool and then has her open her eyes and take her first look at the view from their backyard.

Rae: "Oh by the Watchers! Adam, this is Bridgeport! You weren't supposed to pick for me. It was your choice."

Adam: "Mom, I write, Sophie wants to garden, Dad paints, Clarisse wants to invent things, and Cemre's an artist too.
All of us can do those things in any town."
 *he smiles hugely* "But for you,  you need, "You know, bright lights, big city, playing your guitar in the subways for tips, composing musical scores for their top-rated symphony, enjoying the clubs and nightlife, maybe even becoming a celebrity."

Rae: "Those words sound familiar! You talked this over with your father!"

Adam: "And with Sophie, Clarisse, and Cemre, and we all agreed. And you made me see it Mom. Being an heir isn't about just the heir. It's about all those under their care. You do what's best for the family, not just you. You let Grandma Claire choose a place that was safe for her. I chose the place that you needed to be in."

Rae: *with tears in her eyes* "See, I did choose wisely. Thank you so much Adam!"

Adam starts to head back into the house when he notices his mom's still standing in the yard.
Adam: "Aren't you coming in?"

Rae: "Just give me a moment Adam. I'm still taking it all in."   
And as she looks down into the city of Bridgeport she thinks: *I'm here, I'm finally here* and brushes a tear from her cheek. *Another dream come true!*

As they all check out the new house, Adam explains that it was the potential he saw in the house that made him choose it, not the existing layout. They agree that it's too chopped up, and that 2 bedrooms just isn't going to cut it.

It has a garage at the top of the 'L', a courtyard, a tiny kitchen with a separate but tiny dining room, and a large living area. The 2 bedrooms are on either end of the bottom of the 'L' with multiple bathrooms and the stairs to the lower level.

The lower level had another bathroom and a lot of space for recreation, so this space is going to be great to have and may not need much renovating!

The family decides to hang out in the backyard pool while I'm busy with the renovations.

The courtyard was just wasted space, so the walls were pulled out level with the garage and new entry doors were added.

We made a new nursery/children's room, 2 baths, a great room, a bath/laundry and a study/library with the added space! Here's a view of the new living area with it's relocated fireplace just right of the front entrance doors, and off the new kitchen with the dining area to the left, next to the doors to the backyard and pool. The nursery/children's room is behind the wall with the easel. It took a bit of imagination to get this section feeling right, but I was very happy with the end results!

The black and white tile room is the new 1/2 bath for this end of the house and includes a laundry room.
A gnome has already found this room to his liking!

Just off the garage is the new study/library.

The family is exhausted after the move, so they've all gone off to bed. We'll have to be quiet for the rest of the tour so we don't disturb them.

This bedroom is on the far short end of the 'L', and this is the room Clarisse chose. Instead of keeping the Jack and Jill baths for this room, we made one large shared bathroom. This bedroom has doors that go straight out to the pool area.

Rae and Sam chose the new bedroom next to Clarisse's with the shared bathroom between.
The hall in front of this room has doors to the pool area. Notice the white table with the golden urns. Our founders have survived the move to this new town! Unfortunately, Misty the cat's gravestone did not survive the move and Sam is pretty devastated about that.

This corner bedroom was originally the nursery, but it was enlarged by relocating the bathroom to between this room and the new nursery/children's room, plus adding the 2nd bath that opens to the main space. This is heir Adam and Sophie's room, which is fitting with the nursery/children's room next door.

This is an inside view of the new nursery/children's room. SSShhh,  that's Cemre asleep in here in the narrow single bed. Being the gentleman that he is, he chose his own room the first night in the new house. Who knew that the children of imaginary friend dolls would have such morals! Maybe he's just trying not to offend the oh so proper Sophie or his, hopefully, soon-to-be-in-laws!

And then another family member makes his 1st appearance!

Dee: "Welcome to our new home in Bridgeport Jared!"

He doesn't respond but continues rocking, content in the new space, so I leave him to it.

Rae wakes up early and plays a song for her dad in this part of the great room that has the rocker, a stereo, a chess table, and multiple easels as both Sam and Cemre are artistic. The staircase behind her leads to the lower level.

Then Rae decides to head out to the closest subway and play for tips during the early morning rush hour. With the house still quiet, Clarisse enjoys a pretty tune from the music box in the newly decorated living area.

Rae comes home all excited as she's earned over $5,000 in tips playing in the subway! But her excitement turns to dismay as she sees what awaits her on the table. A. Birthday. Cake. **Not yet, she thinks, I've just gotten here. I still have so much I want to do! But not as an elder…And she realizes that coming to Bridgeport may not fulfill her dreams after all*

But time waits on no man or woman! And neither does cake! So she fakes a smile and starts the party!

Sam and Adam join her but her smile slips as the sparkles engulf her.

And welcome to elderhood Rae Frio!

Dee: "I'm sorry about the timing Rae. For your sake, I wish it could have been earlier in your life. But don't give up. Make the most of this time. You are still a talented guitarist and a hit movie composer! Elderhood doesn't change that!"

Rae: "I don't feel all that different, but I'm NOT looking in a mirror or changing my clothes. If I can't see my gray hair, then I won't be old!"

Dee: "That's the spirit! The mirror and dresser will be there any time you're ready. Right now, it's time to take Bridgeport by storm!"

Without even having a piece of cake, Rae rushes out the door, hops into her motive mobile, and hits the subway again! More tips for the taking!

Chapter 18---A Wedding, Makeovers, and More!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 18---A Wedding, Makeovers, and More!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 07:44:27 PM »
Adam and Sophie had been spending a lot of time out at the pool with Adam loving the water and Sophie cooling off after gardening, but they decide that they've had enough relaxation and need to get down to serious heir business.

Getting married!

They decide on a simple ceremony, but Sophie insists on proper formal clothing, of course! Rae apparently missed that memo and attends in her swimsuit! But it doesn't matter as Adam and Sophie can only think of each other.

First thing after the wedding, Clarisse is chomping at the bit to pick out new clothes for her YA pictures.

Clarisse: "First the remodel of the house and getting all the furniture placed, several times! Then Mom's birthday, and then Adam and Sophie's Wedding! This is probably the longest wait for YA pictures and a bio that ANYONE in the history of Sims has EVER had!"

Dee: "And I do appreciate your patience. I tried putting this in the previous chapter but there was too much else going on and I went over the picture limit. And then I had to start the whole chapter over. Believe me, I feel your pain! And I'm seriously thinking that you got your Grandma Claire's hot-headed trait instead of angler."

Clarisse: *takes a deep breath* "Please can we get on with my makeover and pics, pretty please?"

Clarisse Frio---YA
LTW: Living in the Lap of Luxury--- which autocompleted once the house was done!
Career: Inventor
Traits: Eccentric, Loves the Cold, Kleptomaniac, Angler, and Commitment Issues
Favorites: Kid's Music, Vegetarian Chili, Violet
BF: Cemre Frio (not a blood relative)

Dee: "What? Commitment Issues?! NOW you get commitment issues after you asked Cemre to move hundreds of miles from his home?"
Clarisse: "Uh, I'm not sure what to say to that. I can't really commit to an answer! Just joking! I have no doubts about my feelings for Cemre. How it will affect other aspects of my life, I guess only time will tell."

Dee: "Well, I guess that's fair enough."

Clarisse: "And it's Adam's fault anyway!"

Dee: "Why Adam's fault?"

Clarisse: "He's the one that had the time of our flight wrong and messed up my YA birthday! I was in the middle of my twirl when we all had to grab our bags and run out the door. No wonder I got stuck with commitment issues as my trait."

Dee: "Hhmm, you've got a point there, but that probably falls back on me, not Adam. I should have been paying more attention and planned your aging up and the move better."

Clarisse: "Or it could have been my destiny to get that trait. I've never really had any focus in any one particular direction, not even the heirship."

Dee: "I take it back, you're not really hot-headed, your Grandma Claire would have never let me off the hook that way! Let's get on with your new wardrobe."

She's changed her violet to more of a  purple tone for her everyday.

And this one for when the colder weather arrives.

For swimming in their huge new pool, she goes for this suit!

And next up is Cemre.

Cemre Frio--YA
LTW: Originally was Home Design Hotshot but changed to Master of the Arts (Master Painting and Guitar)
Traits: Brave, Hydrophobic, Light Sleeper, Artistic, and a Dog person
Favorites: Chinese, Potato and Truffle Tort, Blue
RI: Clarisse Frio

Dee: "Welcome to the family Cemre! I'm sorry it's been such a rush with the earlier flight and all. And for sending you all out to the pool while the house was remodeled. Everyone else really enjoyed it but I'm sure you didn't."

Cemre: "No apologies necessary. I'm actually trying to overcome my fear of water. My brave trait no doubt. But I'm hoping Clarisse doesn't get cold feet with her last trait and…"

Dee: "No worries there Cemre. I asked her about it and she said she has no doubts about her feelings for you."
Cemre: "But she doesn't know about the imaginary friend thing yet."

Dee: "Of course she knows about your Dad being an imaginary friend made real. That all came out after Adam's birthday party."

Cemre: "Yeah, dad told us how Audra got the family together after the party and formally introduced him to everyone and explained how his last name was Frio and how he came to be."

Dee:' " So what doesn't Clarisse know?"

Cemre: "It's easier to show you."
Dee: "Show me? Show me what?"

Cemre: "This!"

Dee: "Oh wow, you can turn into toy form! You inherited that from your dad!"

Cemre: "Yup, and I haven't told Clarisse yet."

Dee: "Why not?"

Cemre: "Well, it doesn't just come up in everyday conversation! Oh, hey sweetie, guess what, I can change into a 6 foot doll with a silly outfit, blue button eyes, and a glowy, bouncy ball coming out of my head!"

Dee: "Well, when you put it that way---yeah not your average date conversation. But you do realize you have to tell her!"

Cemre: "My brave trait keeps kicking me for not doing it yet! You'd think I was a coward, not a brave hydrophobic. But if I promise to NEVER change into toy form, does she really have to know?"

Dee: "Better now than if you pass it on to your children and one of them turns into a toy and totally freaks her out!"

Cemre: *alarmed* Oh, I never even thought of that! I DO have to tell her. *firms his doll shoulders* On our next date then, I promise! Let's get on with the makeover!"

Dee: "Uumm, you need to change back for that."
Cemre: *shaking his doll head* "You can't see it, but my cheeks are burning!'

Cemre looks sharp in his formal! I love having a new hair color in the family and I think the dark blue goes great with his blonde looks! I hadn't checked his favorites before the make-over so was pleasantly surprised that his favorite color was blue--he must have been sending me signals through his glowy, bouncy ball!

And for outerwear he picked this one.

And this for his everyday, to show his love for dogs!

Then Sam decides he needs some new 'city' clothes!
Here's his new outerwear.

Sam's new formal with a tie in his favorite color, green.

And his everyday.

And Adam and Sophie weren't kidding when they decided to get down to heir business!

As out in her garden, under a moonlit sky, which is only proper for a fairy, Sophie pats her tummy and smiles. She's filled with joy that the next generation is on it's way!

And Clarisse decides it's time to get to some serious inventing. So it's off to the junkyard to collect some scrap!

Dee: "That's a funny way to collect scrap Clarisse?"

Clarisse: "Cover your ears and stay behind the building, quick!"

Dee: ***huh***

Dee: "I think my eyebrows are singed!"

Clarisse: "I told you to stay behind the building!"

Dee: "This is payback for your YA birthday and makeover isn't it?"

Clarisse: "Payback? Not at all. I just found out that to get scrap, I can make things explode! It's glorious!"

Dee: *blinking the soot out of her eyes* "Not the word I would pick! Please be careful and don't blow yourself up!"

Dee: "Didn't I tell you to be careful and NOT blow yourself up!?"

Clarisse: *shaking her head to stop the ringing in her hears* "What was that, can't hear you very clearly?"

Dee: *just shakes her head thinking 'eccentrics!'*

But when she's not trying to blow up the junkyard and herself, Clarisse spends time with Cemre.

She did take him to the junkyard with her once. While Clarisse was busy picking up scrap,  Cemre amused himself with some street art. Then he  got caught in one of her blasts! She appeased him with a shower in a can, but on his way home he got arrested for defiling public property!

Officer: "You may get away with that kind of stuff where you come from buddy, but not in our city!"

Cemre: *with a frown* "It's just artistic expression! I wasn't hurting anybody or anything, not like Cla..*he realizes he can't mention Clarisse blowing up the junk piles!* Oh, never mind, Officer. I understand you have rules here and it won't happen again. I'll pay the fine."

Officer: "You bet you will, young man! And don't let me catch you doing it again or it will be a fine plus jail time!"

Cemre is not pleased when the fine is $1000! When he tells Clarisse about the incident, he informs her he won't ever be going back to the junkyard. 

So they play on the see saw in the backyard and he tells her about his art.

They go down to the basement to check out all the recreational activities, bowling, shuffleboard, foosball, but end up making out!

They check out the Summer Festival and go roller skating.

Then they decide to go out for a night on the town.

But they never make it out the front door as Sophie goes into labor!

Disturbed by all of the yelling and screaming, Jared pops out to see what's going on!

A few more moments and Logan Frio arrives! He gets the traits clumsy and good.
Adam and Sophie had hoped for a girl but they love their little man with the pink sparkles floating around him.
And they can try for a little girl soon!

But what or should I say who is the little pink sparkly bundle on the floor?
Twins and it's a girl! Welcome to our brave virtuoso, Sadie Frio.
Again with no fruit eaten, music listened to, or TV watched! And Sadie's name is made from the letters in Adam and Sophie's names!

Adam and his newborn son.

Little Sadie in her swing.

And the next Chapter will include nooboo birthdays, toddlers…

Clarisse: *clearing her throat* "Hey, what about me and Cemre and our big night on the town? How come my life keeps getting interrupted?"

Dee: "Uumm, because you gave up heirship?"

Clarisse: "Really, that's the best you can do?!"

Dee: "Okay, I realize that you keep getting short-changed. I promise your night on the town will get top billing in the next chapter."

Clarisse: *outraged* "Right and everyone will rush through it to get to nooboo birthdays and cute toddler pics. Fairy toddler pics!"

Dee: *thinks a minute* "This night on the town, was it an actual date? A date Cemre planned?"

Clarisse: "Why does that matter?"

Dee: "Just humor me and answer the question."

Clarisse: "As a matter of fact it was a date that Cemre planned. He said he had something important to tell me. *all excited* I think he's going to propose! And we got postponed, again. Not that the twins aren't super cute and cuddly, it's just that…"

Dee: *nodding* "I understand. You two have a life too. Very well. The next chapter will focus on you two and the nooboos and their birthdays will take a back seat. Just this once!"

Clarisse: *shocked* "Really? Can you do that?!"

Dee: *smiling* "Just watch me!"

Chapter 19---Clarisse's 15 Minutes of Fame

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 19---Clarisse's 15 Minutes of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 12:15:01 AM »
As promised Clarisse has the spotlight in this chapter.

Cemre and Clarisse get all dressed up but seem a little shy with each other.
Both of them have something big on their minds!

Clarisse: *I wonder how he'll ask me?*

Cemre: *She's going to hate the toy form! And me for not telling her sooner, immediately when we started dating!*

They grab a motive mobile and head to the city, crossing the bridge. Both of them quiet.

As they near the end of the bridge and the bright lights of the city start blinking on all around them, Clarisse breaks the silence.

Clarisse: "Wow, I'll never get tired of these city lights! It makes Bridgeport seem so magical! Like just about anything could happen!"

Cemre: *clearing his throat* "You like magical things? Having the unexpected happen?"

Clarisse: "Of course, I'm eccentric and I love inventing new things, discovering new things. It makes life so exciting!"

Cemre: *relaxing a bit* "Then excitement, here we come!"

As they ride through downtown, they can see the tower of the plaza all lit up. And Clarisse can't contain her excitement.

Clarisse: "There's the building! The club is at the top isn't it? I wonder if any celebrities will be there?"

But the club is super quiet and empty as Cemre sits at the bar and orders drinks.

And Clarisse, feeling nervous suddenly, sits several seats away from him instead of beside him.

She asks the bartender why it's so quiet and he tells her that there's an exclusive party a bit later on, but only those with invitations are allowed to attend.

Cemre: "In that case, we'll finish our drinks and go somewhere a bit more private."

They go back down to street level and Cemre asks Clarisse to watch the stars. He attempts to change but it doesn't work right sitting on the pavement and touching Clarisse.

Clarisse: "My legs feel odd. Cemre…..what's going on…?"
Cemre: "Oh, Clarisse , look a shooting star! Right up there!"

Then as they stand beside the building, he tries again, but only fades a bit and merges with the stone of the building behind him!

Clarisse: "Cemre have you been messing around with the potions in the family chest? I can see right through you! I need to get a picture of this! Aunt Audra would be thrilled to have this for her research!"

Clarisse: "Can you even talk that way? Oh, who cares about talking!"
And she grabs his visible arm, pulls him from the stone column and…

Dip kisses him right there on the street!

Finally out of the column and not touching Clarisse, he transforms into his toy form!

Cemre: "This is what I've been trying to tell you all night. I have this magic ability I got from my Dad. I can become an imaginary friend doll!"

Clarisse: *just stares at him*

Cemre: "Please Clarisse say something! Are you freaked out? Disgusted? Horrified?"

Clarisse: *gazing into his eyes* "It's hard to speak. Your eyes, I can't look away. I could drown in those eyes!"

Cemre: *puzzled* "Is that good or bad?"

Clarisse: *tearing her gaze away and walking quickly down the street*  "Oh, it's good, very good! We need to get home, somewhere private. I'll drive!"

Cemre walks jauntily behind her with a smile on his face. He's never been happier than this very moment! She didn't reject him!

Back at the house in the privacy of Clarisse's room, they chat on the bed.

Clarisse: "So it's possible that any children you have, we have, could inherit this ability to turn into toy form?"

Cemre: "Yes, very possible. That's why I had to tell you now, before that happened!"

Clarisse: *all excited* "I don't know why you were worried about telling me. This is amazing, awesome, magical! Don't you see how wonderful this is, that you are?"

Cemre: "Not really. There are a lot of Watchers out there that think we're freaky, scary, creepy, devil's spawn! They try to delete us from their games! But I think that's because our magic can mess up their games sometimes. Why do you think this is so great? That I'm so wonderful?"

Clarisse: "Because this makes us unique. The spares that will bring imaginary friend dolls into the family lineage!"

Cemre: *astonished* "So you are HOPING that our children inherit my ability! You really want that! But what if our kids don't inherit it? You are completely human, so there's always a chance they won't get it."

Clarisse: *with a flirty glance* "I'm not opposed to a big family! Are you?"

Cemre: *with a cute doll grin* "Not in the least!"

And they both settle back on the bed. Each one thinking their own private thoughts, content in each others company, and where their love is leading them.

In other family news. The nooboos have their cake and grow up.
After their birthdays…

Clarisse: "No, no, stop! It doesn't work!"

Dee: "What doesn't work?"

Clarisse: "Just skipping over them. It's not right. I can't let you do it that way! I can't be that selfish. I'm not a Diva or Dramatic or a Social Butterfly, none of those things. They are potential heirs and their birthdays need to be recorded. I don't know what I was thinking last time."

Dee: "You were thinking that you’re a young vibrant girl with a life too. And I agreed, you're not just a spare! In fact, the spares that stay behind or the ones that travel with the heir family, everyone is important. They fulfill a purpose. And I need to remember that and give them their share of attention."

Clarisse: "But not at the expense of others. This journey is about the whole family, not just me."

Dee: "So we agree then. Balance needs to be the key. Not just heirs, not just spares, both. All of the family, because you're all in it together!"

Clarisse: "Yes. So start that part over and give those nooboos their share of the spotlight!"

Okay. Rewinding. In other family news, Rae has been busy with work, playing for tips in the subway, being an honored guest and playing her music at the symphony, which earns her $10,000 a pop! Here she is outside the theatre after her first symphony performance.

And she's making a name for herself. There's not many in Bridgeport who haven't heard of Rae Frio! Elderhood hasn't slowed her down a bit. In fact, with her motive mobile, she's busier than ever. And you can spot her zooming all over the city! She's become a celebrity herself, but not the prima donna kind.

So when it comes time for the twins birthdays, the house is crowded with invited guests. That's Ms. Lola Belle playing Happy Birthday on the keyboards as Sophie brings Logan to the cake!

And here's his 1st toddler pic! Logan looks a bit dazed by the sparkles!

Next up is little Sadie. And Sophie does the honors again.

And Sadie ages to toddler in both her and Grampa Sam's favorite color, green!

Cemre loves the toddlers! He picked Logan up right away and wanted to get him started on walking. I think he's getting in practice for his own!

And here they are in their playpen playing peek a boo with each other. Too cute!

And now that Rae is solid in the community and has come to terms with her elderhood, she's ready for her makeover!
She ditches the hair garland she aged up with and goes back to her regular hairstyle. She looks so elegant with her pearl earrings! She picks a gray dress with a green jacket, for her every day outfit. Still trying to use Sam's favorite color.

She's developed an avid interest in athletics in her elder years and wants to max the skill. She's disciplined so has had an urge to go to China and learn martial arts, but she's too important to have her die there! She settles for a martial arts outfit as her athletic gear.

And for her formal, she chooses an upswept hairstyle and a gray gown embellished with a flower. She's really come into her own here in Bridgeport and is nothing short of a Superstar! Congratulations Rae! Enjoy your grandchildren and continue to make the most of your time!

Chapter 20---Toddler Time in BP
coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 20---Toddler Time in BP
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
Sophie is proper and likes to formalize a lot. That means she decides to change into her formalwear at any given time!
Gardening in her wedding dress with the harvester that Clarisse made.

Standing in the dining area in her wedding gown looking…confused! She's not absent-minded but sometimes she seems that way.

And in her wedding dress chatting with a very serious Logan.
Logan: "Mommy….pretty. Can Mommy play?"

But she's not the only one playing with the toddlers. Cemre really gets into music time! He's going to be a great Dad!

Adam loves attacking Logan with the Claw!

But Adam gives Sadie equal Claw time. He just loves making them laugh!

But the family keeps putting the toddlers to bed constantly!

So the cribs went into storage and a fairy house was placed in their bedroom!

There's a bigger fairy house outside that Sophie likes to use. And little Logan too. He will toddle all the way from the play area in the middle of the house to use this fairy house. Maybe the pollen punch is better here?

The twins get some practice walking on their own and using their wings! Logan is giving that ghost a side-long glance!
I'm sure he's wondering who or what it is!

No need to worry little guy. It's only Great-Grandpa Jared chatting with Grandma Rae!

Jared: "You're looking a bit tired girl."

Rae: "Dad, my grandkids are behind you, I'm not a girl anymore!'

Jared: *smiling* "You'll always be my little girl! You're not overdoing it are you? You come and go at all hours, head off to the subway, the park, the symphony. And you're still working full time. Plus I hear and see you exercising all the time. Looks exhausting!"

Rae: "I'm making the most of the time I have here in Bridgeport Dad. I love doing all of those things and I have a motive mobile, so I'm always full of energy. Besides, you never retired!"

Jared: "A motive mobile, now that's impressive! But take some time to enjoy your grandkids, before their toddler years go by. It goes fast!"

Rae: "I will dad, I will. There's nothing more important than family!"

And with family in mind, Adam and Sophie spend an afternoon at the Library reading toddler books with the twins.

Then they switch kids so they get to bond with both of them!

But when Mommy and Daddy are busy getting toddler books, the twins play with their special toys!
Logan with Riley.

And Sadie with Puzzle.

Later that evening, Rae takes her Dad's advice and gets in some cuddle time in the rocker with Logan.

Grandpa Sam has been spending lots of time painting and then heading off to the Elixir Consignment shop.
He was doing fine with the clerk as he knows her well, but then strangers walked in and he hightailed it home!

And Sam takes a turn at Street Art after talking about it with Cemre. But he makes sure it's on the home lot! No fines for him. I mean, the policeman would be a stranger! The gnomes all seem to like it as their last party took place here!
And did you notice that hole in the backyard?

Clarisse has a new past time! Mining, mining, and more mining! Here she is drilling holes in the backyard between the kid's clubhouse and the greenhouse.

She finds an explorable hole in the backyard! Her inventing has provided Sophie with a harvester and the household with a miner and a time machine! She has gone above and beyond in proving herself a valuable asset to this family!

Confident after her success on the home lot, she takes a chance and drills a hole in the yard at City Hall after dark!
And hits pay dirt! An explorable tunnel! She found many gems in these tunnels, all of which she deposited in the family chest for future generations to use. Another contribution that is gratefully noted.

But her passion is still at the junkyard! Kaboom!!! It doesn't provide her with much beyond scrap but the thrill she gets from it is more than money can buy!

And when Adam isn't writing, or enjoying the pool, or playing with the toddlers, he jams with Cemre!
Cemre's getting closer and closer to reaching his LTW! He's maxed painting and is Level 8 on guitar. Soon Cemre, very soon.

And little Logan's hair grows enough to determine it's definitely red!

And the toddlers spend some time together in the playpen. Peek-a-Boo!

But time is catching up with several members of the Frio family. It's almost time for Adam's birthday and then the twins!
So get ready to party and eat cake in the next chapter.

Chapter 21--Time to Celebrate in BP
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 21--Time to Celebrate in BP
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 01:54:16 AM »
Adam can't believe it's time for his adult birthday already but it is! They have a house full of guests and celebrities again.
Matthew Hamming, Suzy Strummer, and Buster and Lola Round-Belle, just to name a few! With Rae, Sophie, and Clarisse all clapping and cheering! But who's that in the foreground with the wings?

It's Cousin Blake Bean from Moonlight Falls here for a visit. He brings birthday congratulations from Aunt Audra and Uncle Victor and his siblings, Cameron and Kenyatta. And the news that Kenyatta has a daughter now!

And Adam is now a fully mature (some of the time) Adult! Sam and Clarisse sure are excited, but Adam is trying to show his maturity. He's always been serious for his birthdays.

Then Clarisse dances with one of the guests while Lola Round-Belle plays the piano.

*Dee does a double take*

Dee: "Shouldn't you be dancing with Cemre?"

Clarisse: "He's over there having cake and I wanted to dance. Lola is amazing on the keyboards!"

Dee: "But…"

Clarisse: "It was just a dance! Don't go all watcher on me!"

And Clarisse was right!
Cemre was just finishing up his cake while others were indulging in a slice or checking out the other goodies the guests had brought.
Rae was listening to Lola of course. Who cares about food when there's music!

And then  Rae decides Clarisse has the right idea and starts dancing with an attractive vampire!

Dee: *thinking* I guess they were right, I'm being too watcherish---it's a party and they're just having fun!

After the party, Grandma Rae notices that little Logan has toddled off to the fairy house outside. Since it's cold, she brings him back in, with an Attack of the Claw! But he doesn't look amused. He really likes that fairy house!

Once in his room, Logan spins into fairy form and heads for the fairy house. He is not giving up on a fairy house party!
Little Sadie is playing on the floor, but is soon enticed by the party music and joins him.

And the gnomes have their own party outside the front entrance. Looks like some of them have indulged in too much pollen punch already!

But once all the hullaballoo of Adam's party is over someone else decides it's time to celebrate.

Clarisse: "What do you want to show me?"

Cemre: *Falls to one knee, pops out the ring box*  "Will you marry me Clarisse and make me the happiest mandoll in the world?"

Her answer is a definite yes and he places the ring firmly on her finger!

He squeezes her tight and whispers, "When?"
To his shock she answers, "What's wrong with right now?"

Cemre takes a moment and thinks of how he felt when he saw her dancing with that guy at Adam's birthday party.
*thinking* The quicker the better before she changes her mind!

Dee: * I knew it. He WAS bothered by that. I was NOT being too watcherish!*

Cemre: "No time like the present! Go change into something special and meet me back here in 5!"

It might have taken them a few more minutes to change, but soon they were facing each other, looking deeply into each others eyes.

Clarisse: *solemnly* "With this ring, I thee wed."

Cemre: "To have and to hold and cherish until death do us part."

And as they share their very first kiss as man and wife----my camera jumps to this!

Dee: *thinking* Oh no, Sam? Rae? Nope. Thankfully wrong on both those counts!

It's a double aging up on their own for the twins!

First Logan, who gains the Kleptomaniac trait! Again Claire! Wow, that one is sure hanging on!

Then Sadie. She twirls and sparkles.

And Sadie gains the Can't Stand Art trait---thanks Sophie.

Dee: "It couldn't have been any of your other traits? Athletic or Friendly? Proper would have even been better than Can't Stand Art with two artists in the house!"

Sophie: "But now it's even, which is proper!"

Dee: *sighing* "I can't argue with that."

Sophie: *smugly* "Of course not."

Sadie likes the green shirt that she grew up in, but the hair, not so much. She's seen pictures and this is Aunt Audra's hair when she was a child. And not wanting to tempt fate with those other hairstyles Audra grew up in, she flies off to a mirror to pick out something more her style.

Sadie: "No one's had this one before. I like being different."

Dee: "Well, different in your hairstyle anyway. You have Grandma Rae's Virtuoso trait and Brave and Can't Stand Art, which both come from your mother."

Sadie: *sadly* "Oh, then I'm not different."

Dee: *smiling* "Of course you're different! You're you! I only meant you've inherited traits from both the Frio side and the Rodgers side---a nice mix."

Sadie: *smiling back* "So that's a good thing then, being the same as them in those things!"

Dee: "It is. A very good thing. It's nice to see family traits being passed on, but how they're mixed, what you do with those traits, that's what's different. That's what makes you, you."

And while the children grew up unexpectedly, Adam and Sophie were outside sharing some alone time.
Watching the stars, sitting in the snow.

Adam: "Aren't you cold in that fairy formal?"

Sophie: "Freezing. Oh, look more stars are popping out."

Adam: "Forget the stars. Let's hit the hot tub!"

They run over to it and in her excitement Sophie jumps into Adam's arms!

Adam: *lovingly* "Well, well, my fairy princess, alone time it is!"

With school, the children are busy with homework and after school activities. Sadie in ballet and Logan in scouting.
Which is only proper. One guess on who said that!

Some time later, Sophie takes Adam to the Winter Festival to share some special news.
She's expecting! She's wanted a baby since the twins were born, but with twins and her gardening, and everything else it just wasn't the right time. But with the twins in school and her gardening almost maxed, she's thrilled! Adam looks pretty happy about the news too.

I was just irritated that the paparazzi guy wouldn't move away for the expecting pictures!
He looks more pregnant than Sophie and it almost looks like Adam is talking to HIS belly!

And with the news that Adam and Sophie are expecting their 3rd child, Clarisse and Cemre decide it's time for a home of their own.

They discuss it with everyone and the vote is unanimous! With everything the young couple has done for the family, they deserve a nice place and they kick in $100,000 from the family funds!

So they scout the neighborhood and find the perfect home just beyond the Elixir Consignment Shop, on their side of the bridge.

Cemre and Clarisse were kind of hoping for a penthouse in the city, but with a knowing look at both of them, Rae says a family home would be more practical. With sheepish nods, they both agree.

So we say goodbye to this lovely young couple as they begin their own journey in Bridgeport with an awesome view of the city. (photo courtesy of Bridgeport Realty)

Birthdays, an engagement and wedding, nooboos on the way, and a new home---lots of reasons for celebrating in this chapter!

But don't worry, Snowflake Day is fast approaching and Cemre and Clarisse have promised to spend the day with us!

Chapter 22---School, Making Friends, and More
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 22---School, Making Friends, and More
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 08:17:41 PM »
The twins have been begging to go to the Winter Festival and Adam has promised to take them on the weekend, but to their delight, Thursday is a snow day and Adam decides to make the most of it.

So the whole family, except for Sam, who doesn't like crowds and is determined to fill in all the miner holes before any more snow falls, heads into the city park where the Festival is being held.

As they leave they hear Sam muttering: "Someone could break a leg in one of these!"

Rae immediately starts playing her guitar and drawing paparazzi attention! At 96 she's a 4 star celebrity and usually draws a crowd wherever she goes.

The twins are fascinated with snowboarding! Sadie goes first and makes it all the way up the far side on her first try!

Logan is a bit more cautious but still stops on his feet.

Adam doesn't do nearly as well on his first try!

But he perseveres and really starts enjoying it! The three of them just keep taking turn after turn laughing and having a great time.

In her condition, Sophie is a bit more restrained in her activity, so she watches the rest of them while enjoying a cup of hot cocoa.

Rae even takes a break from playing to ice skate. All her athletic skill pays off as she twirls and spins effortlessly.

Rae: *thinking* Skating and spinning across the ice like this makes me feel like a young girl again!

They get some great family pictures!
Adam and the twins.

And Adam persuades Sophie that she doesn't look fat and they get a pic of all four of them!

After all that activity at the Winter Festival, Adam insists that Sophie relax a bit, even though she just watched everyone! But she humors him, hands him a pregnancy book and they both read while rocking and chatting.

Adam: "So do you have a preference this time?"

Sophie: "I really just want us to have another child together. But I'm leaning a bit more towards a girl."

Adam: "Me too! I'm hoping for one with your dark beauty and those beautiful pink wings! Don't get me wrong, I love the twins and their Frio coloring, but variety is nice too!" *winking*

Sophie: *blushing and darting a quick glance around* "Adam, I can't believe you can say things like that and still make me blush."

Adam: "Nothing improper about complimenting my beautiful wife that I'm still very much in love with is there?"

Sophie: *with a tender smile* "No, nothing improper about that at all."

Later that evening, Jared and Claire follow Adam and Sophie's example and rock together.

Claire: *smiling* "Another great-grandchild, we are so blessed!"

Jared: "Yeah, and we don't even have to take care of them, just watch and enjoy!"

Claire: *ruefully* "How do you do that? Say something nice but mean and inappropriate at the same time!"

Jared: *proudly* "Practice and talent, my dear. Practice and talent!"

School resumes and so does homework, but on the plus side they get to meet their classmates. Logan gets an opportunity to become friends with Leia Striker. Since it's Friday, he invites her over after school.
The first thing he learns about her is that she is Evil.

Now I don't mind evil Sims at all, except when they steal candy from nooboos, but Logan is Good, just like his Uncle Connor, so I'm not sure how this will go at all!

Sadie doesn't get a friend opportunity, but she's not missing out on having friends over!

So she calls every child she knows and three of them agree to come over.

That's Sasha Crewe, Matty Crewe's daughter, on her right. Nathaniel Dupre (paperboy?) on her left.
And Jimmie Hemlock is sitting across from her. He's a vampire, just like his parents Morrigan and Wogan and his older sister Belisama.

They're all enjoying a friendly game of dominoes.

Since these four are doing fine, I check back on Logan and Leia.

Surprisingly, Logan doesn't seem to mind her evil trait. I find them making a snowman together.

And he's discussing their science class, the hazards of radiation maybe?

And it's an evil snowman, of course.

But again, Logan doesn't seem to mind, and just continues their science conversation, moving on to spontaneous combustion! But Leia's not so enthused with him and thinks he's being creepy! Or maybe she's thinking of being creepy to him.

It's getting colder so the two of them head inside. Since the dominoes table is full, Logan decides to follow in the footsteps of some of his male forebears, Great-Great-Uncle Connor and Great Uncle Heath. He tells her a ghost story!
Jimmie and Nathaniel sit down and listen as well.

Then Grandpa Sam joins them.

Dee: "Uh, Sam, do you think that's a good idea?'

Sam: "No, but if Cemre can swim in the pool, I can listen to a kid's ghost story."

Dee: "But Cemre's Brave as well as hydrophobic. He's trying to overcome his fear."

Sam: *eyes wide* "Sshhhh, you're interrupting!"

Dee: *whispers* "It's your funeral." *thinking* Oh, no, not that--why did I even think that let alone say it!

Sadie just looks miffed that all her friends deserted her for homework and Logan's story!

But Sam survives the story and starts chatting with Jimmie.
(No way I'm telling him Jimmie's a vampire from a family of vampires!)

Sadie chats with Sasha at the table and Leia and Logan chat until she says it's time for her to leave.

The other children say their goodbyes as well, but new friendships have been forged!

While the children and their friends are back at the house under Sam's watchful eye, Adam and Sophie enjoy a night in the city.

As only 2 star celebrities, Sophie thought it was only proper to ask the bouncer for admittance but Adam just waltzed right on through the doors without a backward glance! He is definitely a Frio!

Adam's already got a drink in his hand when Sophie gets to the bar, so she orders a special one to complete her opportunity. Virgin of course as is only proper in her mother-to-be state.

They dance together with Adam showing off some moves he must have learned from his party animal Grandpa Jared!

Sophie: "There's no way I can bend backward like that in my condition Adam. But just you wait until after this nooboo. Humans have nothing on Fairies when it comes to dancing. We were born to it!"

Adam: *questioning with a raised brow* "But would that be proper?"

Sophie: *speechless*

Adam: *with a teasing grin* "I was joking, my fairy princess. Nothing you do is ever less than proper!"

And he takes her in his arms for a romantic slow dance.

Then before they know it, it's Snowflake Day!

Rae has been practicing her cooking skills and has made pumpkin pie.

The gifts are piled in the living room as Clarisse excitedly talks about the new house.

But with Sadie squirming and looking at the presents so intently, they give in and let her go first.

Sadie peeks into the box---and let's out a sound of dismay. "Coal!?!"

Logan laughs and gets a look from his mom, but Adam laughs too, and says it's all in the spirit of gift giving.

Next up is Logan.  He makes a face as he sees the cuddly toy inside.

Logan: "A doll?"

Sadie: *excitedly* "It's a plushie, an amphibi-clops!"

Logan: *trying to be nice* "I'll trade you for the coal!"

They go around the room until everyone receives a gift and it's quite the impressive pile!

Rae gets a special guitar, Sam a new easel, and the children a toy oven.
A pink one since they already had a blue one.

Sophie: "This way you can both bake at the same time, properly, with no fussing."

Logan and Sadie exchange a glance knowing this is mom's way of telling them to work on their baking skills quietly and together.

Adam and Sophie both get vases with flowers.

Sadie: "Do you like it daddy? I made it myself at school!"

Adam: "It's beautiful sweetheart. I'll put it on my desk so I can see it when I'm writing and think of you."

And every successful Snowflake Day ends the same way.

With pumpkin pie, of course!

Logan: "This pie is delicious Grandma Rae."

Clarisse: "I can't wait to try mine. Thanks for inviting us. But before we leave I just wanted everyone to know.
Mom was right! Cemre and I are expecting!"

And the whole family showers them with congratulations, looking forward to a new year with nooboos!

Chapter 23-- Nooboos and more in BP
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2018, 08:54:07 PM »
With Logan and Sadie being twins, and Fairies, both with traits I like and those I don't, I'm having a tough time picking an heir.

The heir isn't decided until they become YA, so I've started a poll now so everyone can get to know them and choose the best Sim as heir!

For example, Logan has Great-Grandma Claire's Klepto trait, and Uncle Connor's Good trait, so 2 points for inherited traits.
Sadie has Grandma Rae's Virtuoso trait, plus her Mom's Brave trait so 2 points for her.

But having already played a Virtuoso is that something we need for another heir?

And Logan is Clumsy, so is that a negative trait and minus one?

And Sadie inherited Can't Stand Art from Sophie too, but is that a negative trait and a minus or do you think it's a plus because it's inherited?

And once they develop RI's, their SO's traits and personality have an affect as well. An heir has to have a spouse so you're actually choosing an heir couple!

Feel free to discuss your reasons because why you think something is positive or negative can help determine who ultimately becomes heir!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 23-- Nooboos and more in BP
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 12:14:47 AM »
After seeing Logan in shorts on Snowflake Day, and then in these on the weekend practicing his dancing,
I knew it was time for some new clothes. Pink wings is something I can't do anything about, but pink and purple pajamas are screaming for a trip to the dresser!

New pajamas in a calming blue.

This for everyday with matching blue jacket and shoes.

And this for outside to keep him warm with matching blue gloves and boots.
Just in case he makes anymore snowmen!

And Logan and Sophie spend some time together. Logan pats her tummy and talks to the baby, all excited about being a big brother!

In her last days of pregnancy, Sophie keeps in shape doing some easy cardio exercises. Rae joins her as she wants to max athletic!

Sam has kept busy with his painting and now frequently paints a masterpiece. We're keeping this one right here on the easel!

And then the moment everyone has been waiting for---Sophie goes into labor!

And it's a boy! Welcome little Ronan Frio! Our grumpy evil 3rd child! If Sophie's face is anything to go by, he either needs a diaper change or she's offended by Sam's art!

Sophie: *eyes squeezed shut* "Neither."

Dee: *concerned* "Then what's the matter? Is something wrong? Do we need to go to the hospital?"

Sophie: "No, the nooboo and I are both fine. It's just…NO sparkles…he's NOT a fairy and his traits… I've failed the family!"

Dee: *shocked* "What?! No, no, no, that's not true! I mean, you and I would have both loved another fairy and you and Adam both wanted a girl, but this doesn't reflect on you at all. Adam is human so it's only 50/50 that a child would be a fairy. As for the traits, it's part of the Frio TJP that we allow traits to be random. No matter what you did during your pregnancy, no matter how proper you were, we don't get to pick the traits! It makes us stronger to deal with the traits we get for each generation. And you gave us twin fairies the 1st time, a boy and a girl, nothing is more perfect than that. As far as the heir goes, you've gone above and beyond for the family, and that's not including your gardening skills and all."

Sophie: *pouty* "You're just making all that up to make me feel better."

Dee: *chuckling* "No way, as much as you bug me being proper, not happening. I'm actually relieved because this makes it easier to choose an heir. Now it's just a choice between Logan and Sadie. We don't have to complicate it with a 3rd choice.  *hesitating* "Unless you and Adam want to try for that girl and a 4th child?"

Sophie: "No way! I never want to feel this way again."

Dee: "Well, stop feeling that way now and just enjoy your human grumpy evil nooboo! There's no pressure Sophie. And I'm sorry if I ever made you feel that way! It's not just producing heirs but enjoying your life with Adam and your children. And with you having such a long lifespan, you could always change your mind and have another baby later on. AFTER all the heirship business!"

With Sophie feeling a bit better, the rest of the family gets to meet the latest addition.
First Grandpa Sam, who seems a bit more comfortable with a nooboo without sparkles!
Congrats Sam, on another grandchild and on your 100th day too!

And then Grandma Rae plays with him while he's in the swing.

Rae: "And he's really awake! I'm not waking him up just to play with him!"

Apparently, Claire takes offense at that remark and does this!

Rae: "Mom, you scared me! I could have met Grim on the spot!"

Claire: "Don't sass your mother! I'm not any less hot-headed as a ghost!"

And then the twins age to teen on another double birthday. This time with cake!

First Sadie stands at the cake, jumping up and down in her excitement!

She gains Charismatic, to go with Brave, Virtuoso, and Can't Stand Art!
It's not an inherited trait, but it's a good one and unique! (plus 1)

Grandma Rae and Grandpa Sam are a little shocked at her hairstyle, but Sadie likes it. It's edgy and super for a Rock Star!

Dee: *warningly* "Nope. Can't pick a LTW yet. Keep it in mind though for your next birthday."

Then Logan does a twirl and sparkles!

He gains the Vegetarian trait, to go with Good, Clumsy, and Klepto.
Again not an inherited trait, but a unique one! (plus 1)

The expressions on his and Sadie's faces can only mean one thing. A definite trip to the dresser!

Logan: *mortified* "If Great-Grandpa Jared were here I would never live this down!"

Sadie: *laughing* "You still may not. Too funny bro!"

Sophie: *trying to suppress a laugh* "It's not that bad honey. Oh, I can't do it. It wouldn't be proper to let you stay that way! That jumpsuit with those boots!"

Logan: *shocked* "Even you, Mom?! Oh, it MUST be bad!""

Logan flies off to find a dresser without even having cake! He chooses this for everyday.
His favorite color is Violet so he adds just a touch. Did Adam get Sophie's cheekbones? (if so, plus 1)

Then with a nod to his fairy heritage and with spring just around the corner, he picks a 2nd everyday outfit.

Sadie heads to a mirror first. She likes her birthday hairstyle but she decides to tone it down just a bit for her grandparents. And I do believe she may have inherited Sophie's mouth! (plus 1) And cheekbones. (plus 2)

And her birthday outfit is edgy as well, but just needs a color change to match her hair. Her favorite color is Irish Green but she goes with a lighter bluey aqua!

Little Ronan got so much attention from Adam, Sophie, Grandpa Sam, and Grandma Rae that I had to lock them out of his room just so the poor baby could sleep!

So it was a shock when this happened! He aged up on the floor all by himself!

He looks a lot like Adam and Logan but with Sophie's cheekbones. And the Frio mouth, I think.

And not long after Ronan's toddler birthday, while Rae's at the Theatre, Sam gets a call from Cemre and rushes over to their house! It's a girl! Demetria, who's athletic and clumsy (not sure how you can be both).

And a boy, Donnell, who is a friendly virtuoso. And Grandpa Sam gets to snuggle him first thing!
And complete his wish for 5 grandchildren!

Sam: "10 now!"

Dee: "I don't even have to think about it. No!"

Dee: "I was right Cemre, you're a great dad, already! Cemre?"

Cemre: *a little dazed* "Two! At the same time!" *then as he meets my eyes, proudly* "And they're both IF's!"

Dee: *smiling* "Well done Cemre, well done! A boy and a girl, and you passed on your uniqueness!"

Chapter 24-- Toddlers and Teens in BP
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 24-- Toddlers and Teens in BP--part 1
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 11:29:47 AM »
One day after school, Sadie gets invited over to Belisama Hemlock's. Not an opportunity she wants to miss so we join her.

Belisama confesses that she is a vampire and Sadie frowns, big time.  Guess she doesn't like the idea!

But who else might be here?

Oh, Jimmie's home and he's aged up to teen. Isn't that nice?

Sadie shows him an internet cat video and he seems to like it.

And they discuss flowers. Maybe he's asking if she still has that flower pot she made back in grade school?

Then she notices that his little sister Sandra, who's just about Ronan's age, is hungry.

She'd better ask what exactly this little toddler can eat! So she heads to the back of the apartment and sees this! Maybe now's not such a good time! Cereal it is!

She's brave enough that she just sits down at the dining table and after homework, she chats with Jimmie!

Sadie: "So I guess you all keep it dark on purpose?"

Jimmie: *his glittery eyes focused intently on her* "We prefer darkness, yes."

Sadie: *glancing at the 'juice' box* "And is that your preferred meal?"

Jimmie: *his eyes never leaving her face* "No, but it will do in a pinch."

Sadie: * thinking about that* "Well, it's getting late, so I better head home."

Jimmie: "I'll be seeing you in school tomorrow. We should talk more and get to know each other better."

Sadie: "That would be great!"

Back at the house, Logan is chatting with a friend of his own. A teenage Leia Striker! He finds out she's a Taurus as they hold hands! Not a compatible sign, but none of the couples so far have been and they've done fine, so he doesn't let it worry him.

They sit together and watch the stars.

One thing leads to another and they have their very first kiss!

Logan: * thinking* I really like this girl. I hope she doesn't break my heart!

And he gives her flowers and kisses her goodnight! He heads back into the house walking on air---literally---he's so excited that he can't stop floating!

It's potty training time for Ronan. Sophie does the honors and chats with him on what a big boy he's getting to be!

Rae chats with a thoughtful Claire as they companionably rock.

Claire: "Do you think little Ronan would be afraid of me?"

Rae: "He hasn't been so far. Why?"

Claire: *wistfully* "I'd love to hold a little one again! Especially a great-grandchild."

Rae: *holding back tears as she continues to rock, thinking--that will be me soon!*

But Claire decides it's worth a shot, if her little great-grandson will allow it. She walks over and is surprised that she can TOUCH  him. To her delight he knows her and he lifts up his little arms!

In the background, Rae takes the opportunity to spend time with her grandson. She offers to teach him to drive and he excitedly accepts.

To make it easier, she uses the motive mobile! And with just 2 lessons before school, Logan gets his driving certificate! Impressive, she thinks. Able to take directions, stays calm, keeps focused.

While back at the house, Claire contentedly rocks Ronan, who falls asleep on her shoulder.

Adam has expressed his difficulty in choosing and heir so Rae's decided to see if she can help with that.

She chats with Sadie and offers to teach her to drive as well.

Such a good test of someone's perseverance and control.

But Sadie gets her driving certificate with just 2 lessons as well!

Rae isn't getting a specific vibe. There's just no clear choice yet, but there's still plenty of time.

Ronan enjoying play time with Sophie. Looks like he may be getting a new tooth the way he's chewing on that stick!

Sophie: "To play music properly Ronan, the stick should be dry. Let's try one more time."

And Grandpa Sam has to get his tickles in! The Claw! The Claw!

Logan screws up his courage and asks Leia to prom! She says yes but requests a new hairstyle and clothes. Happy to oblige!

And Leia Striker cleans up well. Very well, indeed!

Leia Striker---teen
LTW: unknown
Traits: Evil, Clumsy, Couch Potato, and Frugal
Parents: Richie and Stella Striker, original residents

She's beautiful, striking even! Okay that was bad! But she is a beautiful girl without the plantsim hair and could bring some interesting genes into the mix, along with her evilness.

She picks this outfit for everyday.

After she plays a game of chess with Logan. No idle chatter as Leia stares intently at the board.

Logan: *thinking* She's so serious and focused. Those could be good qualities for a spouse*

Dee: "Little too soon to be thinking of that isn't it?"

Logan: "Never. Not for an heir."

Not to be outdone, Sadie has gotten to know Jimmie better and she asks him to prom.
She also asks if he'd like some new clothes. He agrees but I think he'd rather be discussing this inside, out of the rain!

Dee: "Ask the poor boy inside Sadie!"

Sadie: "Can't."

Dee: "Why not? Logan and Leia are inside."

Sadie: *dryly* "Yeah, that's why not!"

Dee: "I thought you were friends, what's the problem?"

Sadie: "I don't know what her problem is---she says were friends, then she shuns me! I try to talk to her but all I get is the hand! It's annoying."

Dee: "Maybe you need to talk to Logan about this?"

Sadie: "I don't think that would go over very well. Could we just get on with Jimmie's new clothes?"

Jimmie likes his hair, but would like out of the spandex pants. I agree and we choose this for everyday.

Jimmie Hemlock--teen
LTW: unknown
Traits: Artistic, Genius, Neurotic, and ? (Sadie doesn't know his 4th trait yet)
Parents: Morrigan and Wogan Hemlock, original residents

He has dark good looks and those brows would add some interest to the Frio genetics, as well as his vampirism!

After his makeover, they share their first kiss! Jimmie looks pretty shocked!

And then Sadie gets right to the point and asks how he feels about marriage!

Dee: "Wow, Sadie, I thought Logan was jumping the gun when he was thinking about Leia's qualities being good for a spouse, but you went straight for the jugular!"

Sadie: "Of course, I did. He's a vampire. He'll appreciate that!"

Dee: *speechless*

Chapter 24-- Toddlers and Teens in BP--part 2
Coming soon

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 24-- Toddlers and Teens in BP--part 2
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 07:04:37 PM »
Sadie was right, the conversation with Logan about Leia did not go well.

Sadie: *earnestly* "I'm just saying I've tried being friends, and she says she's my friend but then she snubs me!"

Logan: *doubtful* "Are you sure it isn't jealousy on your part? She's pretty and very popular!"

Sadie: *outraged* "I am NOT jealous of a lazy, clumsy, evil, human girl!"

Logan: *upset, but trying to keep the peace with his twin* "Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. It came out wrong. But couldn't you try a little harder? I think if you spent some more time with her, you'd realize how great she can be. For me?"

Sadie: *resigned* "For you, I'll give it another shot."
*thinking* Logan, you are just so good you can't help but think there's good in her too.*

And Sadie gets her shot sooner than she wanted to as Logan asks her and Jimmie to join him and Leia, plus Mom and Dad, at the Spring Festival.

When Sadie was with Jimmie, things were great! He even agreed to be her boyfriend! But she could see Leia giving her glances, probably the evil eye!

And Mom and Dad were having a great time together too, just dancing up a storm! It was a bit embarrassing, but nice that her parents got along so well.

Sadie could see that things were going well for Logan and Leia. They did look great together and Leia agreed to be Logan's steady girl!

But Jimmie told her that he didn't much care for Leia either!

And when Sadie tried to talk to Leia when they were alone, things didn't go well at all.

Leia: *whispering viciously* When your brother's not around, don't even bother talking to me. As far as I'm concerned, you're invisible!"

Sadie got mad and said: "You want invisible, you got it!"

And she turned into her fairy form and buzzed all around Leia!

Leia: "You little pest! Go away or I'll light a match!"

Sadie was furious and in her temper shouted: "You want to play with fire human girl?! " And before she could stop herself she used her Hot-Headed fairy trick on Leia!

Leia: "What have you done? I'm, I'm singed! NEVER talk to me again!"

Sadie: "Now that's one request I can live with!"

But Sadie knows Logan's not going to like this one bit!

Ronan's learned to talk and walk and use the potty.

And he's played with his xylophone and peg box, but there's one more day before his birthday, so Sophie takes advantage of that and brings him to the Library.

She reads a toddler book with him and then goes to grab another.

But when she gets back, he's reading on his own! And he goes through the rest of the books by himself!

Sophie: *smugly* "Well, it's only proper that he'd be so smart! We are in the library after all!"

Sadie had been looking forward to Prom for weeks, but that was before her blow up, (literally!) with Leia. Logan was NOT happy with her either because, of course, Leia's story was that Sadie tricked her FOR NO REASON AT ALL!

But she loves her prom dress and she knows she'll have a great time with Jimmie.

Logan looks handsome in his formal.

And when Jimmie arrives with an umbrella so she doesn't get wet, he looks so sophisticated!

And when the limo shows up and Leia is nowhere in sight, Sadie starts thinking the evening may go off without a hitch after all.

Until Logan says: *a bit irritated* "Leia's meeting ME at the school!"

But despite her misgivings, she has a perfect prom!

Logan is voted Prom King and Sadie, Prom Queen. (Beating out Leia---woot!)

They dance all night with their respective dates with no fights at all!

Probably because Sadie avoided Leia all night, but whatever works!

After they get home, Grandpa Sam chats with Logan, telling him all about his school days and prom.
And remembering how beautiful Grandma Rae was in her dress!

Sam: "Special times, my boy, special times. Being with the ones you love is what counts the most. Not money or possessions but family."

Logan: "But Grandpa Sam, didn't you give up your family and leave them all behind in Sunset Valley?"

Sam: *pausing* "My parents had my 3 younger brothers and 2 sisters. And Holly was my step-mother. Don't get me wrong, I love them all very much and I know they love me. And I've kept in touch through the years.
But your mother's whole life depended on me. She chose me to be her partner and her family became my family. Then your father and Aunt Clarisse arrived and they were my blood. And then you, Sadie, and Ronan. And Clarisse and Cemre's twins! I couldn't ask for more family, son!
And I wouldn't change a minute of it! Well, except for poor Misty, got left behind she did. But other than that, no regrets, none at all.
And now you and Sadie have to decide what to do with your lives. Heir or spare. It's a hard choice. You get more attention as heir, but more responsibility comes with it, responsibility for family. As a spare you have some leeway, a bit more freedom, but you're out of the spotlight and your line goes in another direction. Sometimes who you love or rather who you love more, can help you make that decision."

Logan: *seriously* "Thanks Grandpa, I hadn't thought of it that way but you've given me a lot to think about. A whole lot."

Later that evening, Sam is thinking about Sadie and having a talk with her, same as he did with Logan.

He's so caught up in his thoughts, he's not even aware of who's in the room.

Rae tries to stop him: "Sam, wait, go back to…"

But Sam doesn't stop until he's right in front of her.
And the inevitably happens! Again.

Rae: *trying not to smile* "You do that on purpose Dad! Have to watch you every minute."

Jared: "Of course! And it makes me laugh every time! *then turning serious* But it's not me you need to be watching. Keep an eye on that little one Rae. He's different than the rest of you. I might be mean and inappropriate but he's evil. Claire told me she felt something different holding him. Something wrong."

Rae: "Heath was evil too, dad, and he never did anything really bad. Not to any of us."

Jared: "I think that was due to his other traits, especially loser. His plans might have been evil, but he could never get them to work right. Then he got family-oriented as a teen and that really tempered what he would do to family. Just be careful, my girl. I'll keep an eye out too and so will your mother. As long as we can."

Rae: "What are you saying Dad? What would stop you both from being here? You think Ronan would do something?!"

Jared: "I don't know. It's just a feeling we have, your mother and I. Just watch and take care."

Rae: *overwhelmed* "I'll try my best Dad."

Grandma Rae gets in her last cuddles with Ronan. The little boy laughs with joy and she can't help but think her dad was mistaken. He's just a little boy, nothing more.

Logan asks to do the honors and brings his baby brother to his cake. Clarisse is happy to attend and cheer little Ronan on.

He twirls and sparkles!

And Ronan gains the Neat trait, to go with evil and grumpy!

But it looks like someone else is attending the party too.

Sadie: "SHE'S here!"

Logan: "Yes, and not another word!"

Sophie: *in her mother tone* "This is your brothers birthday party, keep that in mind, all of you."
*thinking* It could have been worse he could have gotten artistic, I can live with neat*

After the party, Logan said goodbye to Leia outside and then saw some odd lights in the sky.
He stepped closer to check them out.
And was sucked up into the lights!

He was returned moments later in another flash of light but never spoke of the experience to anyone.

He calmly walked back into the house and gave Ronan a present for his birthday.

Logan: "It's not much, just a few of our recipes for the baker ovens. But if you practice you can make yummy desserts!"

Ronan tries out the recipes right away! And soon he's baking muffins, cookies, brownies and pies!
He seems just like any other boy on his birthday.

But that face doesn't bode well for anyone!

Dee: "Ronan, what are you plotting?"

Ronan: *menacing laugh* "Wouldn't you like to know?!"

Dee: "Yes, I would, I really would."

Ronan: "Too bad! Not telling! You'll find out when it's over!"

Dee: *gulping and thinking* Oh, no! That's what I'm afraid of---finding out when it's over!*

Chapter 25--Toddlers, Teens, and an Evil Child!
Coming soon