Author Topic: Ambitions: First Impressions  (Read 160109 times)

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: Ambitions: First Impressions
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »
I think I'll stick a shower in the inventing room. Better safe than sorry.

And up to OSHA regulations!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
However, all these plants are in the buyDebug menu, so you can just place them out yourself with Edit Town when you start the game.
There are plenty of players who want to play the game as it's meant to be played.  It's a hassle to create the game through Buydebug when those things should already be in town somewhere.
True, but it could be a solution for the people who want to walk that extra step.

Besides cheating, I believe you can't solve this problem so easily and if you'd like a death flower you'll have to grow one yourself from scratch. :-\
I am also unable to find a flower in the graveyard.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2010, 05:02:47 PM »
I've not actually played in Twinbrook yet, but do any deathflower seeds spawn around or near the graveyard? Maybe EA forgot the place the plant but not the seed spawners?
Grr Argh!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
Seeds spawn as usual around the graveyard, so you're perfectly possible to grow your own death flowers.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Lisbeth

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2010, 05:02:35 AM »
I finally got Ambitions on Tuesday:) Of course I've spend every free hour playing and I must say that I like it so far.

I started out with two sims; Annabelle and Ambrosius Artès. She is a sculptour and he is an inventor. For the first weeks they lived in one of the smallest houses and kept almost all their stuff outside but yesterday I built them a mansion. Now they have loads of money and twin girls; Beatrice and Bellatrix. I'm planning to make one of the twins a firesim and the other an investigator, can't wait!

By the way, I had to uninstall WA to run Ambitions. Don't really miss it much except for the fact that it is now much harder to finish collecting challenges:/ The gems I've got from mining don't seem to count and that kinda sucks.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2010, 07:32:39 AM »
By the way, I had to uninstall WA to run Ambitions.

I don't understand this comment. Why did you have to uninstall WA?

Lisbeth

« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »
Because my computer is too old to run the game with both EP's :/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2010, 07:59:12 AM »

Is that a hardware, or software issue? (I hope you will say software.)

Abigor

« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2010, 08:16:58 AM »
I got Ambitions a couple of days ago, and played mainly with my swampy Ghostbuster. Banishing spirits, exorcising items and talking with ghosts is awesome. The clothes the ghosts have are cool too. The ghost who wears knight's armor looks supremely cool when blue (drowned). Overall, a neat expansion pack and I'm looking forward to the future EP's (Knowing EA, I'm sure they'll make others).

jayseesee

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2010, 05:42:52 AM »

That's the strangest thing.  For my computer which is borderline, by installing both EP's, it actually overheats less.  I used to, with just WA and base, have to alt-tab out and be in windowed mode every few minutes to let my GPU cool off.  Now I can run it nonstop in full screen mode.  CAS was REALLY bad and now is also so I don't have to tab out.  Bummer :(

Lisbeth

« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2010, 04:39:37 AM »
Hmm that's weird. My game runs much better with Ambitions than it did with WA. I want a new computer but untill then I do just fine without WA. I had finished all the adventures and it was starting to bore me anyway.
 @Leto I have no idea whether it's hardware or software LOL. I'm clueless when it comes to computers and related stuff. But I think the problem is mainly with the screencard

Leto85

« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
That's a new word for me. What is a screencard?

Lisbeth

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »
Probably not the correct word in english:P Graphic card? Is that a word? I could of course look it up somewhere..

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2010, 12:11:36 AM »
Graphics card is correct.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2010, 01:23:58 AM »
I got Ambitions 6 days ago and so far am loving it!

Twinbrook is an interesting place to live. So far my favorite "hidden" money maker is salvaging things from the junkyards and calling the repairman to come fix it for me.  :D   My Sim decided to buy her first home unfurnished so she could buy the Architect's table and an easel. She also bought a bed. The rest of her furniture was restored junkyard finds. It was interesting to see what kind of things she would find each day after work.

Anyway, my second 'favorite'  ::)  thing is that, so far, 3 out of 5 babies born in my town have died in a fire before reaching childhood. Of the babies still alive one child is my Sim's and the other is the youngest, so I'm still waiting to read his name in the paper along with "pile of ashes." It's horrible. When I get fed up with it I'll start a new Twinbrook and see if the same thing happens.

Over all, loads of fun! I'm so glad I bought this just before my week off from work.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations