Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 162710 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2010, 06:07:39 PM »
Now that you mention it, the same thing happened, but I was not sure how that stuff got in my personal inventory and I can't get it out either.  Sorry to here that it is in your challenge though, believe me, I am not having much luck either with a couple of challenges.  If I come up with anything, will let you know.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »
There has to be a cheat to remove something from inventory. Swede, you're the cheats pro here, if you can think of how to do this throw in your two cents.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2010, 06:50:02 PM »
I know exactly how you feel! When I un-consign sculptures, they are stuck in my personal inventory as well! I replace the cash register, than wait a day and re-consign, it usually works for me.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »
If you change your active household, everything in their inventory will be lost.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
Same thing happens to me with the items going into my personal inventory, and then nothing else I try to consign will sell.  I moved out the sim with the offending inventory and that fixed my problem -- except that then I was faced with a new problem: that was the sim with which I wanted to play!  I moved her back in later but the items were still there.  Also I tried sending her on a vacation but that didn't help either.  I am unaware of a cheat that will get rid of her inventory.  I think I'll try changing active households the next time I play.

Oh! But when I was playing around with changing out the registers... May you all be aware that you may place more than one register in the store.  Each register will employ one sim, and while each register will share what you consign (meaning, you can consign at any of the registers; unconsign at any register; and come end of day, you will only receive one notification that your items sold, even if, for example, you consigned one item at each register), they all have different items for you to buy.  So it's a great way to get more gems or metals or that specific item you keep hoping shows up soon.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »
I like the idea of added goods! Plus, it'll employ those lazy townies! Did you buy the shop first? Then got the registers where? (I hear conflicting instructions).

Edit to add: my sim married the consignment clerk and from then on, he appeared as "unemployed". Sheesh, trying to find an employed man is hard enough...
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »
I like the idea of added goods! Plus, it'll employ those lazy townies! Did you buy the shop first? Then got the registers where? (I hear conflicting instructions).

Edit to add: my sim married the consignment clerk and from then on, he appeared as "unemployed". Sheesh, trying to find an employed man is hard enough...

I did, indeed, buy the shop first (although you can achieve the same end by using the Edit Town feature).  You can just use the eye dropper tool to click on the existing register to then add more.  Or you can look around and find the registers in buy/build mode.  They're available without using cheats.

Your new spouse is unemployed because sims in the household you're playing cannot work in the consignment shop.  It's similar to the maids or repairmen.  Only NPCs get to do certain jobs.  The amazing thing about this game, though, is that everyone is always hiring, so at least he doesn't have to be unemployed for long!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2010, 02:54:02 AM »
Your new spouse is unemployed because sims in the household you're playing cannot work in the consignment shop.  It's similar to the maids or repairmen.  Only NPCs get to do certain jobs.  The amazing thing about this game, though, is that everyone is always hiring, so at least he doesn't have to be unemployed for long!

The weird thing with this new Ambitions stuff, though, is that the regular townies are taking the jobs as NPCs in the new shops.  Christopher Steel at the Salon, Cornelia Goth at the Consignment Shop, etc.  It's pretty funny to see after knowing these characters for so long.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »
I will agree with you on that Pam. 

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »
Great information, thanks! I did recently buy the consignment shop but didn't realize I could do stuff to it.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2010, 05:31:26 PM »
I have not bought anything either, but, that is next.  I guess if you upgrade your shop, it pays more weekly.  I am not sure, but sounds good to me.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »
The weird thing with this new Ambitions stuff, though, is that the regular townies are taking the jobs as NPCs in the new shops.  Christopher Steel at the Salon, Cornelia Goth at the Consignment Shop, etc.  It's pretty funny to see after knowing these characters for so long.

It's flipped the other way for me usually.  Cornelia as a stylist and Christopher Steel a consignment clerk.  But it's kinda funny to see five people behind the counter at the shop.  They run a few steps every so often, strange.

@Saltypaws: Upgraded venues do indeed provide more revenue each week.  However, you cannot upgrade using items that you've made - everything has to be bought.  Very disappointing because I wanted to turn the art gallery into an homage of things my sim had painted and sculpted.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »
I thought about that too and then I heard that you couldn't use your own stuff.  Oh well, still sounds interesting though.  Something different to do.

Maritah

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2010, 04:18:18 AM »
I really don't like the way these new roled jobs (cashier, tattooist, etc) work.  EA stuffed up on this.  These "roled jobs" should have been assigned to NPCs, like the stylists, baristas, cashiers, etc in TS2.  In TS2, if a playable sim owned a business then they could employ playables in these positions, but the positions were filled by NPCs if the business was not owned.

As it is, these roled jobs are neither fish nor fowl, the jobs are neither completely playable nor NPC.  If I can't put a playable sim into the cashier job then the game shouldn't be assigning it to playables.

I like to play entire neighbourhoods, not restrict myself to just one household, switching as the whim takes me.  In empty neighbourhoods I've started since installing Ambitions, I'm seeing new sims created to fill these roled jobs.  When I switch to a household with a sim in a roled job, they instantly become unemployed and I get more sims created to fill the now vacant positions (apart from the sylists who are instantly promoted to level 8 without any effort).

I haven't dared play my main hood since installing Ambitions, since I have stocked it entirely with red, blue, and green sims, and the game-created sims that fill the jobs are from the standard skin-swatch.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »
I keep having new clerks and I think every time they are replaced the old clerck takes my consignments with them grr!