Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 162718 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »
I did some consignment store testing today specifically to find out at what point the first Consignment Store Challenge is completed (Impressive Reputation). In the text listing about the Challenges I believe my reputation turned Impressive after I had sold approximately 200 items. But, that still does not fulfill the requirement for the challenge. It is confusing (right, Schipperke?) So, there's obviously an item number component. But, as I had guessed, there is an underlying sales quota requirement too that is sort of an "unknown" commodity. Unfortunately, I can't give you an exact number at which the quota is filled. I can only give you a range because on one day my sculptor was at 290k and had not completed it and the next day's sales pushed him to 440k total consignment store sales and he bagged it. So, it's somewhere in that range — might be an even 400k, might be 350k...but, that's the best I can share with you guys.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
I wish I had kept closer track of this, but I am quite certain my sims were well past 440,000 before that challenge showed as completed.  But what I still don't understand is why it will say Impressive reputation on top and yet the skill challenge is greyed out.  This just doesn't make sense.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2010, 08:28:24 PM »
But what I still don't understand is why it will say Impressive reputation on top and yet the skill challenge is greyed out.  This just doesn't make sense.

It doesn't, but like I said, there is obviously a financial component as well. It's the Challenge description that's incomplete. It should say, "Have an Impressive reputation AND sell X amount of simoleans via the store."

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »
Norma: Thanks, I'll try that next time he sculpts.

About the Consignment Reputation challenge:  I took my gardening Sim in the Wishmaster Challenge (after buying the Suave Seller LTR) to the store and after being told what was sold, unconsigned what was left. I don't recall how many items that was. All she consigned was fruit and vegetables, in case I didn't make that clear. I haven't had a chance to go back yet, but this is what her Consignment tab said, somewhat paraphrased:

# of Items Sold:  89
Returned Unsold:  0
Most Expensive:  $117
Total:                $3261

And the challenge is no longer grayed out; it's showing the Impressive Reputation challenge as completed. I have no idea what this means to what you're trying to figure out, but I hope providing my data might help.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
Sheesh. Okay, that challenge is clearly bugged. Thanks for that additional info, NeoFelis. I need to make a note to the Grim Reaper rule set.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »
Sheesh. Okay, that challenge is clearly bugged. Thanks for that additional info, NeoFelis. I need to make a note to the Grim Reaper rule set.

You're welcome. We'll see if things go as well when I start selling sculptures. Should I post how it goes or have you got it all sorted out, glitchy as it is?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2010, 09:21:39 PM »
You're welcome. We'll see if things go as well when I start selling sculptures. Should I post how it goes or have you got it all sorted out, glitchy as it is?

Well, it's bugged in my opinion, so that's all the info I need for now. I get one set of results. You get another = whacked out challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »
If one player can get the Impressive reputation challenge with just 89 items worth 3261, and another player has sold items in the 100's of thousands and still doesn't have the challenge completed, wouldn't it be fairer to eliminate that skill challenge from the Grim Reaper Challenge?  If this skill challenge is as badly bugged, it takes away the skill element from the game and replaces it with blind luck. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2010, 09:51:24 PM »
If one player can get the Impressive reputation challenge with just 89 items worth 3261, and another player has sold items in the 100's of thousands and still doesn't have the challenge completed, wouldn't it be fairer to eliminate that skill challenge from the Grim Reaper Challenge?

No because as far as I can tell, the Statistic is accurate and that will be everyone's barometer. And it's one more thing that your Sims can try and accomplish.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
Well, it's bugged in my opinion, so that's all the info I need for now. I get one set of results. You get another = whacked out challenge.

Okay. And yes, from what I've been reading, I can only hope that EA decides it's a widespread enough glitch that they'll fix it when they release the next patch.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
Consignment Store Bug!
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »
ARGH, I am reaaally frustrated. My sims can't buy anything from the consignment store anymore. My sim walks up to the shopkeep/register, asks to buy items, and nothing pops up. He also cosigned some items a long time ago, and they aren't coming back in the mail. Why is this happening? This is only on one family for the moment.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Consignment Store Bug!
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
We already have a lot of discussion about the problems with the Consignment Store.  I'm merging your topic with an existing topic.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Consignment Store Bug!
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
Sydney, this is a common bug that a lot of people have had (I'm one of them).  Things that sometimes work:  unconsign unsold items, exit the game and restart.  Sometimes just waiting a few days works.  In one of my games I found that the consignment store worked again after a new clerk started working there.  Good luck!

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »
I apologize if someone has already brought this up in this thread but...
Can you not sell metals/gems at the consignment store?
I have many times seen metals and gems...cut/smelted and uncut/smelted for sale at the store...however, I can't put my own metals or gems up for sale. Has anyone else tried putting metals or gems and been successful?
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »
I apologize if someone has already brought this up in this thread but...
Can you not sell metals/gems at the consignment store?
I have many times seen metals and gems...cut/smelted and uncut/smelted for sale at the store...however, I can't put my own metals or gems up for sale. Has anyone else tried putting metals or gems and been successful?
No you can buy them, but you can't consign them.