Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 162313 times)

Offline Monolito

• Townie
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2010, 07:33:32 AM »
When I go to this shop I can't even click the register :/ The cursor changes it's shape but no menu pops up. Canceling previous deals won't help because I haven't put anything for sale in this shop :/

inclement

« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
I got the shop working again.

I had previously tried bulldozing and replacing. No luck.

I tried Esther's method of replacing the register. Never got a new employee, no matter if I went at 10am, 1pm, or 5pm. The store was always closed.

So i re-bulldozed and replaced again, figuring an employee and no ability was better than nothing. My consignments popped up ready to cancel, so I cancelled.

I can use the buy again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:07 PM »
I got the shop working again.

I had previously tried bulldozing and replacing. No luck.

I tried Esther's method of replacing the register. Never got a new employee, no matter if I went at 10am, 1pm, or 5pm. The store was always closed.

So i re-bulldozed and replaced again, figuring an employee and no ability was better than nothing. My consignments popped up ready to cancel, so I cancelled.

I can use the buy again!
I'm glad you got it working again!  ;D

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2010, 01:39:08 AM »
Interesting ... but how do you know that was the cause?  How many items did you consign?

There were around ten paintings of different sizes, my Sim was a prolific painter... I didnt say it was the cause, I just noticed at the time that there were so many paintings consigned, that was when the store stopped working for that family... ???

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2010, 02:08:58 AM »
There were around ten paintings of different sizes, my Sim was a prolific painter... I didnt say it was the cause, I just noticed at the time that there were so many paintings consigned, that was when the store stopped working for that family... ???
I don't think it was the cause, because I have consigned probably close to fifty paintings at one time! That's not counting sculptures, books and whatever else they have in their inventory! I really don't know what causes it, just wish it would stop doing it!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2010, 02:25:12 AM »
The Consignment Shop is well and truly bugged.  It's going to take a patch from Electronic Arts to make it work like it should.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2010, 02:26:54 AM »
The Consignment Shop is well and truly bugged.  It's going to take a patch from Electronic Arts to make it work like it should.
Yea I know! I was hoping that they would fix it with LN but evidently they haven't!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Problems with consignment store.
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »
When I was playing a previous dynasty I bought the consignment store but once I purchased it I was unable to buy items there. So I sold it and was then able to buy.
Has anyone else had this problem if so could you resolve it. Or should I just not bother trying to buy it at all.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Problems with consignment store.
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
We've already got a topic for discussing problems with the Consignment Store, so I'm merging this one with it.

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1165.0.html
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2010, 06:46:33 AM »
I know this doesn't solve anything, but you might find it interesting.

We tried to use a consignment store recently [can't remember where or why, just living in hope?] and the clerk wouldn't do anything ... she just sat there reading a book, and there was no action on the register.  We recognised her name; she was a new friend of our Sim and had said she was in the Police Career!  It seems she was in the middle of changing jobs!!

The following Sim-day, there was a new clerk and everything worked fine.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »
I'm worried that my store is broken.  Nothing has sold in ages and the number of days each item is up for sale doesn't seem to decrease when I go to cancel consignments.  Would it help to cancel them all and put them back up?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2010, 11:12:02 PM »
Yes. Definitely.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #222 on: December 25, 2010, 04:39:52 AM »
Right now, the consignment shop is a little buggy. Sometimes even with a very high rank in consignment sales ('skill' challenges completed) you will have a lot of items that never give indication they were sold. This doesn't seem to affect everyone, and only some of the time, but if you wonder what's up, you're not alone.

This has happened to me - at first it worked fine, but now nothing is selling at all, even if I cancel and reconsign them.
Do the items actually sell but you don't get the notification?
Or is it that they just sit there unsold?

Sorry if this question has been answered already - I scanned through the thread, but I'm pretty tired from driving all over the state to visit family for Christmas, so I may have read over it.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #223 on: December 25, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »
This has happened to me - at first it worked fine, but now nothing is selling at all, even if I cancel and reconsign them.
Do the items actually sell but you don't get the notification?
Or is it that they just sit there unsold?

Sorry if this question has been answered already - I scanned through the thread, but I'm pretty tired from driving all over the state to visit family for Christmas, so I may have read over it.
I don't think so. I always get a notification. Have you tried getting rid of the register and replacing it? If you're not sure where it is, it is under community object, miscellaneous objects in the build mode. Sometimes that works.

ADrake

« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »
Ok I ran thorough this thread an didn't find an answer to my question. Besides all the usual bugs, can you use the consignment store if you are employed at a career, my sim is a cook but is also doing gardening and fishing. I have been selling stuff but I don't have any skill levels for consignment and I don't see where to do challenges? please help!

anything