Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 161110 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2010, 06:26:58 PM »
This and the mystery-travel-children bug really annoy me.  I too was really hopeful that this recent patch would fix both... so much for that!

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
I think the reason that the consignment shop doesn't sell certain sets or only incomplete sets of certain items is to make it a more realistic consignment shop.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2010, 05:30:40 PM »
Trust me, they know about it. It's very frustrating that it wasn't fixed in the last big patch. Of all the Ambitions bugs, I was crossing my fingers big time on that one.

Thanks for that ... we have 4 households running, and only one of them can use the store.

We used to say that making TS1/TS2 work properly was as much a 'hobby' as playing the game.  
Now we're completely in the power of EA  :D

Mikecari

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
Heh, I have a problem too. I made a new inventor sim today and consignment sales worked FINE for him until he got to level 9 of the inventor career. Then all his items wouldn't sell after DAYS on end. I don't know if this is a bug or not but it likely needs a new patch.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »
Mike, welcome to the forums. The whole consignment thing is a big bug, no question about it. Are you aware of some of the possible workarounds to get the sales started again? If not, the main one is to cancel all consignments, save and quit the game. Fire it back up, consign everything again and see if the sales pick up again.

Mikecari

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
Lol, I already did that myself before you posted that and it worked, so thanks I guess.

Frey

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »
Now I can't consign my sim's paintings!! And yes, I have the latest patch installed...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2010, 01:35:26 AM »
@Frey, are you aware of the workaround solutions?

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »
With regards to the consignment skill, my current reputation is now impressive but the consignment store reputation challenge is still grayed out! What gives??? Is this a known bug? I have the latest 4.2 patch installed and I have all the expansion as well as the stuff pack. How to get this challenge? My current total amount of money made is $4,171........

Please help!

Thanks!

???

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »
With regards to the consignment skill, my current reputation is now impressive but the consignment store reputation challenge is still grayed out! What gives??? Is this a known bug? I have the latest 4.2 patch installed and I have all the expansion as well as the stuff pack. How to get this challenge? My current total amount of money made is $4,171........

Please help!

Thanks!

???

Your consignment store reputation is Impressive, yet you've only sold $4,171? That's weird because I've always felt that reputation was tied to amount of money made at the store. It could also be linked to number of items sold. I have a painter who has nearly $200k sold at the consignment store, but it's not even 80 items yet. And his reputation is Excellent which I think is one step from Impressive.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »
Your consignment store reputation is Impressive, yet you've only sold $4,171? That's weird because I've always felt that reputation was tied to amount of money made at the store. It could also be linked to number of items sold. I have a painter who has nearly $200k sold at the consignment store, but it's not even 80 items yet. And his reputation is Excellent which I think is one step from Impressive.

I did a double check and I sold a total of 264 items with the most expensive items sold being only $584. With this large number of items sold, could it be that I had an impressive reputation? I sold mostly fruits on that store......

???

Frey

« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
@Frey, are you aware of the workaround solutions?

What do you mean? It worked yesterday finally, no idea what was different. But I'm always having minor issues with the store. Nothing too serious... but pretty annoying.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2010, 03:58:36 PM »
What I mean is canceling all consignments in the morning or afternoon, then saving and exiting your game. Fire it up and consign everything again no later than 4 PM so you've got time to get that day's sales at 5 PM.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »
What I mean is canceling all consignments in the morning or afternoon, then saving and exiting your game. Fire it up and consign everything again no later than 4 PM so you've got time to get that day's sales at 5 PM.

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work for my household.

I have 6 Sims and only two of them have sold anything there. Right now none of them can sell there and they all have salable items in their inventories. They can't buy either. If I click on the cash register as I usually do the Sim will go to the counter,after a bit the command disappears from the corner and they just talk to the shop owner.

It's been working fine and it just quit. Haven't installed anything,downloaded anything, it just stopped working. Any new info on this particular bug?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
I have 6 Sims and only two of them have sold anything there. Right now none of them can sell there and they all have salable items in their inventories. They can't buy either. If I click on the cash register as I usually do the Sim will go to the counter,after a bit the command disappears from the corner and they just talk to the shop owner.

It's been working fine and it just quit. Haven't installed anything,downloaded anything, it just stopped working. Any new info on this particular bug?

Unfortunately, no. I can't offer anything more than I already told you. I've never not been able to fix the bug with the technique I shared. Maybe part of the problem is you've had 2 Sims from the same household go to sell at the consignment store.