Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 67782 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2010, 06:26:58 PM »
This and the mystery-travel-children bug really annoy me.  I too was really hopeful that this recent patch would fix both... so much for that!

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
I think the reason that the consignment shop doesn't sell certain sets or only incomplete sets of certain items is to make it a more realistic consignment shop.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2010, 05:30:40 PM »
Trust me, they know about it. It's very frustrating that it wasn't fixed in the last big patch. Of all the Ambitions bugs, I was crossing my fingers big time on that one.

Thanks for that ... we have 4 households running, and only one of them can use the store.

We used to say that making TS1/TS2 work properly was as much a 'hobby' as playing the game.  
Now we're completely in the power of EA  :D

Mikecari

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
Heh, I have a problem too. I made a new inventor sim today and consignment sales worked FINE for him until he got to level 9 of the inventor career. Then all his items wouldn't sell after DAYS on end. I don't know if this is a bug or not but it likely needs a new patch.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »
Mike, welcome to the forums. The whole consignment thing is a big bug, no question about it. Are you aware of some of the possible workarounds to get the sales started again? If not, the main one is to cancel all consignments, save and quit the game. Fire it back up, consign everything again and see if the sales pick up again.

Mikecari

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
Lol, I already did that myself before you posted that and it worked, so thanks I guess.

Frey

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »
Now I can't consign my sim's paintings!! And yes, I have the latest patch installed...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2010, 01:35:26 AM »
@Frey, are you aware of the workaround solutions?

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »
With regards to the consignment skill, my current reputation is now impressive but the consignment store reputation challenge is still grayed out! What gives??? Is this a known bug? I have the latest 4.2 patch installed and I have all the expansion as well as the stuff pack. How to get this challenge? My current total amount of money made is $4,171........

Please help!

Thanks!

???

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »
With regards to the consignment skill, my current reputation is now impressive but the consignment store reputation challenge is still grayed out! What gives??? Is this a known bug? I have the latest 4.2 patch installed and I have all the expansion as well as the stuff pack. How to get this challenge? My current total amount of money made is $4,171........

Please help!

Thanks!

???

Your consignment store reputation is Impressive, yet you've only sold $4,171? That's weird because I've always felt that reputation was tied to amount of money made at the store. It could also be linked to number of items sold. I have a painter who has nearly $200k sold at the consignment store, but it's not even 80 items yet. And his reputation is Excellent which I think is one step from Impressive.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »
Your consignment store reputation is Impressive, yet you've only sold $4,171? That's weird because I've always felt that reputation was tied to amount of money made at the store. It could also be linked to number of items sold. I have a painter who has nearly $200k sold at the consignment store, but it's not even 80 items yet. And his reputation is Excellent which I think is one step from Impressive.

I did a double check and I sold a total of 264 items with the most expensive items sold being only $584. With this large number of items sold, could it be that I had an impressive reputation? I sold mostly fruits on that store......

???

Frey

« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
@Frey, are you aware of the workaround solutions?

What do you mean? It worked yesterday finally, no idea what was different. But I'm always having minor issues with the store. Nothing too serious... but pretty annoying.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2010, 03:58:36 PM »
What I mean is canceling all consignments in the morning or afternoon, then saving and exiting your game. Fire it up and consign everything again no later than 4 PM so you've got time to get that day's sales at 5 PM.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »
What I mean is canceling all consignments in the morning or afternoon, then saving and exiting your game. Fire it up and consign everything again no later than 4 PM so you've got time to get that day's sales at 5 PM.

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work for my household.

I have 6 Sims and only two of them have sold anything there. Right now none of them can sell there and they all have salable items in their inventories. They can't buy either. If I click on the cash register as I usually do the Sim will go to the counter,after a bit the command disappears from the corner and they just talk to the shop owner.

It's been working fine and it just quit. Haven't installed anything,downloaded anything, it just stopped working. Any new info on this particular bug?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
I have 6 Sims and only two of them have sold anything there. Right now none of them can sell there and they all have salable items in their inventories. They can't buy either. If I click on the cash register as I usually do the Sim will go to the counter,after a bit the command disappears from the corner and they just talk to the shop owner.

It's been working fine and it just quit. Haven't installed anything,downloaded anything, it just stopped working. Any new info on this particular bug?

Unfortunately, no. I can't offer anything more than I already told you. I've never not been able to fix the bug with the technique I shared. Maybe part of the problem is you've had 2 Sims from the same household go to sell at the consignment store.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2010, 12:41:45 AM »
If it makes any difference, I don't click on the cash register. I click on the clerk. Sometimes you can get them to wait past closing time for you to arrive.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »
If it makes any difference, I don't click on the cash register. I click on the clerk. Sometimes you can get them to wait past closing time for you to arrive.

I tried that and all I get are the regular conversation/social interaction options. But I am talking about during regular store hours and the Sim is already in the store. I can't buy,consign or cancel consignments. I can browse.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2010, 12:55:10 AM »
I tried that and all I get are the regular conversation/social interaction options. But I am talking about during regular store hours and the Sim is already in the store. I can't buy,consign or cancel consignments. I can browse.

This happened to me during my Wishmaster challenge game.  I didn't know what to do about it either, but the problem resolved itself a few days later when the consignment store got a new clerk and things started working again.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »
This happened to me during my Wishmaster challenge game.  I didn't know what to do about it either, but the problem resolved itself a few days later when the consignment store got a new clerk and things started working again.

I've had the same one since the beginning of this game. Maybe I need to knock her off? Buy the store and fire her? Explode the store? Send a bot in smash mode?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2010, 02:34:44 AM »
Have you all seen Carl's new article about the Consignment Shop?  It might have some helpful tips.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
I think i'm just going to stop using the shop until EA fixes the issues with it. My sim has all kinds of stuff stuck in her inventory now...mostly sculptures and the shop doesn't seem to work half the time.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »
Even after reading the "bug" article, still no luck. So true to form I decided if all else fails just go for broke. First I deleted the current shop keeper from the game, no change.  Finally I just went into town edit and bulldozed the consignment shop. I replaced it with the Landgrabb shop in the game library.

I now have a working consignment shop again.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »
Even after reading the "bug" article, still no luck. So true to form I decided if all else fails just go for broke. First I deleted the current shop keeper from the game, no change.  Finally I just went into town edit and bulldozed the consignment shop. I replaced it with the Landgrabb shop in the game library.

I now have a working consignment shop again.

I did that ... and it didn't work for me  ???

I'll go try that again, right now.  Wish me luck!

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »
Waaaaahhhhh ... no, didn't work for me  :'(

Bulldozed, installed new store, checked correct status ... no action on the Register [just the * ] and "Buy" on the Clerk just drops out.  The problem is that the Wimberly family had never consigned anything, so the "Cancel Consignments" fix doesn't help.

Now there's not much point in playing that family until the bugs get fixed.  Which is a shame, because it's our really big and interesting one.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »
Slingsby, are you absolutely sure that the Sim who is clicking on the register actually has items to sell?