Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 159932 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2011, 02:27:48 PM »
Ok I ran thorough this thread an didn't find an answer to my question. Besides all the usual bugs, can you use the consignment store if you are employed at a career, my sim is a cook but is also doing gardening and fishing. I have been selling stuff but I don't have any skill levels for consignment and I don't see where to do challenges? please help!

You can definitely use the consignment store if you're also employed in a career. Once you sell an item via the consignment store you'll unlock the skill in the skill tab. Look for the one with the price tag icon.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
Ok I ran thorough this thread an didn't find an answer to my question. Besides all the usual bugs, can you use the consignment store if you are employed at a career, my sim is a cook but is also doing gardening and fishing. I have been selling stuff but I don't have any skill levels for consignment and I don't see where to do challenges? please help!
Yes, you can use the store to sell almost anything. The skill and it's challenges will be in your skill journal. Just hit J on your keyboard to bring it up immediately. The things you can't sell there is gems, metals, gnomes, and a few more. But anything else can be sold there. Welcome to the forums ADrake!
EDIT: Sorry Metro we were typing at the same time!  :-[

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ADrake

« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
Hmm, I have been selling for two sim weeks, but I have nothing in my skill journal for it? I have sold many deathfish plus I started with metro's idea of 99 apples and lettuce, but still nothing. Any ideas?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
Hmm, I have been selling for two sim weeks, but I have nothing in my skill journal for it? I have sold many deathfish plus I started with metro's idea of 99 apples and lettuce, but still nothing. Any ideas?

You're certain you have taken product to the consignment store and received money at 5 PM? It floats up like a guitar tip.

ADrake

« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »
Yea, it was telling me the top items that sold for the first week, since then I think I got the other bugs, I have canceled and relisted a couple times. But at the beginning they were selling. But still no skill....

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
Yea, it was telling me the top items that sold for the first week, since then I think I got the other bugs, I have canceled and relisted a couple times. But at the beginning they were selling. But still no skill....

Could you post a screenshot of your skill tab listing all of the skills of this Sim?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »

Where are you looking for this skill?  It doesn't show in the skill section where all your sims' skill levels appear.  You need to click on one of those skills to open the Skill Journal or whatever it's called.  Then you should, as Metro explained, see the price tag along the top; click on that, and there's your consignment store record.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking for a screenshot where all the icons are shown in a row. ADrake, my guess is that you might not be familiar with what you're looking for because I've heard of a lot of consignment store bugs, but I've never heard of the icon being missing.

ADrake

« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
Well now I'm not sure, I will double check tonight and let you know, If I don't see it in the skill journal are I will let you know, I think I have been looking in the skill area only :-[

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #234 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
Well now I'm not sure, I will double check tonight and let you know, If I don't see it in the skill journal are I will let you know, I think I have been looking in the skill area only :-[
Just hit J! I even took a pic of Penny's to show you what you are looking for.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:40 PM »
Nice job, Esther. Thanks for the visual. That should point ADrake in the right direction.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: January 10, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
Nice job, Esther. Thanks for the visual. That should point ADrake in the right direction.
You're welcome Metro. I hope it does help them!

ADrake

« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »
 :-[ Wow I have really shown the Blonde... I don't know how I managed that one, I was looking in the skill level area for some reason, stupid me I even went into the journal several times to look at my other skills and never saw the other tab. Like I said BLONDE! Sorry to worry everyone and waste your time, and thanks again for all the help.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »
Hey, I'm glad you found it, ADrake. I've never bought into that whole "dumb blonde" myth. Hey, I'm blonde myself, and aside from my wife and kids, who in their right mind would say I do stupid things? That's why I prefer to measure intelligence with a more modern approach — the size of the computer monitor one uses.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »
Glad it all worked out ADrake! Metro, I would never ever say anything negative about you! My computer monitor is a 20" widescreen does that mean I'm extremely smart?  ;D ;D

anything