Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 64186 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Meteor stories
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:30 PM »
Can't the meteor land somewhere other than your sims lot? I meant I was hoping it would hit somewhere else in town and kill that burglar.
While it is possible, don't count on it. They like hitting your sims. Last night, I was playing a little more on the test character for Mad Max, and I got the message. I immediately paused the game, hit "alwaysallowbuildbuy on" and "moveobjects on" and put all my plants in the basement. I had worked very ery hard on that garden "not cheating!!" and there was no way I was going to let a meteor cancel all my hard work!!
Somebody here had a screen shot of ghost babies laying on the ground in the graveyard, although I don't remember who that was.
Me.  ;D Took me awhile, but I found it here

imaGleek

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2011, 10:02:15 PM »
Yeah, they can land anywhere in town. In other game my sim was collecting some seeds and she got hit by one, she was also the founder of another attempt of a dynasty, so I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2011, 01:01:07 AM »
I have never had a meteor in my game. :(
Check out my new story here!

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2011, 01:38:33 AM »
I have never had a meteor in my game. :(

Trust me you don't want to wish for one. They don't always cover the damage they cause.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2011, 01:39:58 AM »
I still think it would be cool to see one. :P

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2011, 04:42:58 AM »
I still think it would be cool to see one. :P

Carlos has a point. They are cool to see; but, my sim lost too many friends in various games due to meteors.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2011, 04:44:17 AM »
I understand. Sorry for all your meteor troubles.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:35 AM »
I have never had a meteor in my game either, and I really do want one!  :'( Have had ambitions since it came out.

I know it ruins lots of things but I do love these random events in the sims.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
Two, yes two, meteors have hit my town. I have been playing this file for 9 sim weeks. About half of my townies are walking around completely covered in ashes (all black) from the fire it causes. Luckily, none of those meteors hit my house, it was the bookstore and the grocery store.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »
I do kind of laugh when I see people wishing for meteors, especially when you consider the holocausts those things have caused in the past.  :P

And for the record, meteors have nothing to do with telescopes.  They have to do with sims being outside.  I am of the opinion that the reason so many people believe the two are linked is possibly because that telescopes were likely one of the few outdoor activities that those players indulged in.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

bshag

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »
I've had 2 meteor strikes.  The same day I installed Ambitions I saw the pink sign, and wondered what that was, as my sim was going to drive to the bookstore.  He went on his merry way and while he was in the bookstore I saw smoke from the area of his house. :o  I had him drive home and a meteor had hit the street in front of his house, right where his truck was when I saw the sign.  I thought at the time the meteor was aiming for him. :D 

The second was when Michael Bachelor was bouncing away on his trampoline when the pink sign popped up and sure enough the meteor hit the trampoline.  I was very fortunate in both meteor hits no sims were killed or injured, but it sure makes the house and yard impossible to play any more...constant disgusted moodlet.  Michael couldn't do anything with his garden so I had him move...same with the other sim.  :P

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »
bshag: yes you were fortunate. My sim was trying for Rock star and the theater was hit. Stiles McGraw and the other band members were toast. Then in another game, she went to China and the Camp site was hit, 5 of the tourists were killed. Then in another game, she went to her first day of work in Brudgeport and 3 people died. The rest ran around burnt for the rest of the game.
Glad I haven't had once since. Knock on Wood!

bshag

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »
bshag: yes you were fortunate. My sim was trying for Rock star and the theater was hit. Stiles McGraw and the other band members were toast. Then in another game, she went to China and the Camp site was hit, 5 of the tourists were killed. Then in another game, she went to her first day of work in Brudgeport and 3 people died. The rest ran around burnt for the rest of the game.
Glad I haven't had once since. Knock on Wood!
:o Wow!  I have read where some are getting multiple meteor strikes but wow, that's a lot.

One kid over on the sims 3 forum had a school hit and grimy would claim the kids as they came out of the school.  He had a picture up of grim reaper and lots of tombstones outside the school.  Very sad.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2011, 07:07:51 PM »
I actually had an immortal dynasty fail because the founder died to a meteor. Thankfully, it was early in the dynasty where the founder was still a young adult so it wasn't that big a loss.

Sportsfan

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Orange Iguana! That's too bad about your dynasty.