Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 64187 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
My first meteor crash didn't go so good
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2011, 12:12:47 AM »
I started a new game in Hidden Springs and on the second day after my sim got work at the Military Base, I had a pop message that my sim was wondering why it was getting so dark. And there was a button to move the camera to him so I click it all excited to see my first meteor crash and while the camera was moving to him the game crashed to the desktop.  :'(
The first crash I've had in a few weeks and it had to pick that moment to do it.
Think I'll go pout now.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: My first meteor crash didn't go so good
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:09 AM »
I'm merging this with an existing thread about meteors.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
Re: Meteor stories
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2011, 03:12:40 AM »
I have only ever had one meteor strike in all my games. I just assumed it was something that happened with the right combination of traits. My sim was insane, unlucky, loser, clumsy, and something else. She was just getting off work at the business building, and I was watching her home. The notice popped up, and the camera panned to my sim, but I had missed all the action. I only got to see the aftermath. Many sims died, many more were singed, including my sim, and the Grim was working overtime. My sim ran around collecting all the meteor rocks, and I didn't have the experience to appreciate what was going on. Now, I think it'd be entertaining if a meteor hit the asylum in my Asylum Project. The game is rather dull, and a meteor might just be the ticket. Granted, it would probably kill my score for the project, but then again, my sim would probably get an early release. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Meteor stories
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2011, 07:41:53 AM »
Sorry mods for bringing up an old topic but I wanted to share this with people who don't always read the stories.  I am not asking for anyone to read my dynasty but I had to share the pictures I got of this meteor coming down.  I've had several meteors happen but a lot of times trying to save after the damage causes me to get an error.  It's weird and I blame my computer getting old.  Below is the link to the post so I don't post the pictures in more than one spot.

Astrea's Near Miss
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Decima

• Townie
Meteors
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »
I heard talk of there being meteors but I have to say, I didn't really believe/understand/know exactly what you were talking about.  ;D Then I was working on my latest building project and I moved into the house next door so I could move the time on and get the sun to go round the other side of my build so I could see better. Anyway, I'd only just made the house next door the active one and the sim wondered why it got dark suddenly. I ignored it and then a meteor hit right where she was standing.

I've never had a meteor hit before, it was quite alarming! How often does it happen, and does it normally aim straight for your active sim?

It was in Appoloosa plains, which I haven't played in before. Does it only happen there or can it happen anywhere?

I didn't mind too much, it was just a random sim, but if it happened to one of my sims, I think I'd be quite upset, it seems a pretty horrible certain death.  :-\

Offline Galena

• Townie
Re: Meteors
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
Meteors can happen in any town, if you have Ambitions, and they always head straight towards you sims.  Seabody looked at the code on a different thread, and the chances were extremely low.  I think it checked once a hour, and the chances of it were 0.0001 if not looking through a telescope and 0.001 if you are.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2012, 05:22:50 PM »
Wow, that's fairly unlikely.

Although it was pretty cool on one level, it's all a bit unbelievable. Like Desperate Housewives - a quiet suburban street that had a tornado go through it one year and a plane crash into it another.

I think it would be better if the meteor hit in the hills or something, and you got a message about it so you could have a look.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »
The best part about meteors is the thousands you get from selling it afterwards.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »
I've never, ever ,ever had a meteor! I feel left out, but then again it is super rare and I'm super unlucky!  :-[

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2012, 05:47:31 PM »
When they are about hit, you get the message about it getting dark. When you read that message, run.. I usually take my Sim off the lot onto the road. The meteor will hit where they were, so if they were working in the garden, you will probably loose some, if not all of your garden. It always amuses me the number of neighbours who get singed because while my Sim runs away, they run to the spot and look up!
Decima, you can occasionally have a meteor land somewhere else in town. If you are using the telescope, you sometimes get a message that you saw something fall and when you go to map view it will be highlighted. Those meteors don't usually leave the hollow in the ground thoug, but you can collect them to sell.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
If I ever get the pop up about it getting dark I click on my Sim go to map view click on the fishing hole for example and click visit here with(add all the Sims in the house) and everything is fine.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2012, 06:27:05 PM »
I've actually had them happen a lot and it amazes me when people say they don't get them very often or if at all.  I once had a meteor hit in four different games.  Twice in one game on two different saves meaning it crashed so went back and it happened again.

My dynasty founder has had it in both try one and try 3.  if he had gotten farther than he did on try 2 I'm sure it would have happened then too! 

The best part about meteors is the thousands you get from selling it afterwards.

I've had a meteor take out 21 money trees or an entire yard's worth of stuff and the 10k that I always seem to get from the rock just doesn't cover the damage.    I've even had one hit in the middle of the house before because that's where the Sim looking at the telescope was!

Here's a shot of the latest hit I received which was my dynasty family. 

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
I've had a meteor take out 21 money trees or an entire yard's worth of stuff and the 10k that I always seem to get from the rock just doesn't cover the damage.    I've even had one hit in the middle of the house before because that's where the Sim looking at the telescope was!

I've been lucky and had them strike right outside the house or maybe in a garden (without money trees).

I bet I'll open up my save game and have a meteor hit everyone in my household while they eat dinner or something.

Offline Ztoast

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2012, 07:18:14 AM »
I've only had it happen once. My sim was standing outside by the mailbox for a couple of hours because I was watching TV xD. Luckily, I knew all about the "it's getting dark" thing, so I teleported my sim away while all the neighbors came running to my yard.

It hit and my game started to lag and I thought all my neighbors got stuck in the "cringe and cover head" position. I brought my sim back over to take a look. As soon as she got there, my game stopped being dumb and a fire broke out like it was supposed to. I lost the front door to my house and no one died. Though two fire trucks came and one got stuck outside my house until I reset the sim. Even though I'm a giant cheater and can teleport my sims, meteors are a big pain since they make my game glitch and lag like crazy.

(That's a really cool-looking house, btw, Ricalynn)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »
My sim's house was totalled once and she was too broke to rebuild.

In one game when she was in China, 3 tourists were killed at the base camp (I teleported her out); she returned home and went to work, the film studio was hit and 3 of the workers were killed and for the rest of the game the others were walking around singed. Then she went to the park and another one hit. I think the game had targeted my sim and was trying to kill her off. After the third one, no more meteors for that game.