Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 64308 times)

sinbadjackson

Re: Meteors
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »
My sim got hit in the graveyard, he was night fishing at about 2 am, I thought of course it is dark, it is 2 am, then two explosions, and a big un followed. Lucky I had my fav flower with me, just gave it to old grimmy and bingo all was well, collected 2 large and one gigantic meteor, and have them in my back garden.

At the time, he was still YA and running around 24/7 in the motive mobile drinking strange potions and raging thro life non-stop, sleeping once a week a week if he was lucky, but now he has grown out of that and has fullfilled his life sitting in his pile thinking what to do next, most likely will be an heir, and cake up to retirement once his kid is a YA.

Offline radosney

• Nooboo
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
I was completely shocked when a meteor struck the tree house a set of triplets were playing in. I knew about the sky getting dark, so I moved the father from where he was gardening and was trying to get the kids out of the tree. I really didn't think 'the powers that be' would kill off the kids, I thought it would probably go for where the father had been gardening. Since there were three kids, they couldn't get out of the tree quick enough.  I've been playing since Sims1, to say I was dumbfounded would be an understatement. Two out of three kids claimed by the Reaper from playing in a tree house!  I just quit without saving and promptly deleted the tree house. I lost a serious chuck of game play time, but the kids were still there.  I guess there isn't any decernment used by meteors.  :-\ Consider yourself warned....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
When the game mentioned the sky was getting dark, who did they mention noticed it was getting dark?  It's that person that is being targetted at the time you got the message so if the father was gardening nearby and got the message but the tree house was within a certain amount of yardage then yes it hits the tree house anyway.    The only kids that can't be killed on your lot are toddlers and infants.    I saw someone have a meteor hit the school while playing a game.   It killed every teenager and child in the entire neighborhood.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »
For me it was the active household. My sim had the message about it getting dark. Haven't hd a game where non-actives were hit.
For the school it may have been an active household child in the school. Don't know for sure, the person who had that happen didn't mention who got the message.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
I saw someone have a meteor hit the school while playing a game.   It killed every teenager and child in the entire neighborhood.

I remember seeing that as well. Apparently it was horrible because there were so many in there and when they came out the Reaper collected them and once that one was gone the next came out.  :-\

I've never had a Meteor.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
The only Meteor I had was with the Newbies in Riverview. It killed Bob, Betty's boss, and some other guy, did some property damage, and was a major killjoy on Brandi's bake sale.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2012, 03:32:26 PM »
I've never had a meteor either, and for some reason I kind of want one.  ::) I guess its because it would make an interesting storyline for my legacy although all that rebuilding and whatnot would be a pain.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gracieoscar

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
My sims have spotted meteors with the telescope and gone to collect them several times now, but I've never had one hit the house or a sim. I'd like to see an impact, but I think if it killed one of my sims I'd probably just quit and reload too  :P

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »
I've had them a few times, maybe about 5. Only twice were my sims actually in danger - Once when Renesmee as a child in my first legacy attempt went to the bookstore, I had her read her new logic book on a bench outside. Suddenly, it went dark. I cancelled her reading action and got her to bike all the way home right away! She had just missed it, her sister went to pick up the big rocks left afterwards. :) Another time was with that same Renesmee, but she was a teen,. She was working at the bookstore and the meteor landed on the lot right in front of it.

I've also had this really weird occurrence when I started up a new game in Riverview just to see what the town was like. I used some of the Riverview townies, split them up through Edit Town and brought them to the empty house near the dynasty lot, and just as I clicked the tick button to start the game, I get a pop-up telling me that a meteor hit the house and that I can either choose to start the game with the leftover mess there that I'd have to clean up or start it with the stuff already cleaned up. It was a surprise because I'd never heard of that happening before.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
I've also had this really weird occurrence when I started up a new game in Riverview just to see what the town was like. I used some of the Riverview townies, split them up through Edit Town and brought them to the empty house near the dynasty lot, and just as I clicked the tick button to start the game, I get a pop-up telling me that a meteor hit the house and that I can either choose to start the game with the leftover mess there that I'd have to clean up or start it with the stuff already cleaned up. It was a surprise because I'd never heard of that happening before.

I don't think that one is quite the same as the normal meteor hitting. Occasionally the game does that at the very beginning of a new game. You hit start and there is a pop up about some sort of disaster (I usually get a plumbing disaster) that has left the house in a biit of a mess. You can then chose to play with the disaster or cancel it and play with a good, undamaged house.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
I've always wanted a meteor! I kind of feel like I'm missing out on the Ambitions expansion pack just a littlle bit...  Fez,  I've had that happen several times!  the cleaning up is a little bit bothersome but I like the bonus.   It's kind of sad how meteors will kill the kids though... Meteors! Have you no mercy?!  Lol  But my sims do find meteors with the telescope a lot.  They can actually be worth 1000 or more if they're big enough.  My sim saw it with her own virtual eyes!  Well, erm, I'm 75% sure it was worth that much.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:19 AM »
I don't think that one is quite the same as the normal meteor hitting. Occasionally the game does that at the very beginning of a new game. You hit start and there is a pop up about some sort of disaster (I usually get a plumbing disaster) that has left the house in a biit of a mess. You can then chose to play with the disaster or cancel it and play with a good, undamaged house.

Yea, that's what it was! Oh well, I only begun paying sims after Ambitions was released so I thought that was a feature that came with it, but apparently not. It was weird anyway. ;D

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2012, 08:11:19 AM »
In my first attempt at a decadynasty I had two meteors. One took out the first generation's bride during the wedding. The second took out the third generation's front door and teleporter but didn't kill anyone.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »
I have read the message about the coding for meteor strikes, but, I can't help wondering if there is something else involved!

I've had so many meteor strikes I've lost count, including one game where the same sim was targetted three times in as many sim weeks.

However, I have never had a sim carrying a death flower targetted, and the wicked side of me would love to see a sim cheat death.

All strikes have happened, for me, in the early days of the game when my sim family have been struggling for money.  Cosequently, i don't find this feature amusing as it can completely ruin a game even if the sims aren't killed.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Larue

• Nooboo
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2012, 09:14:56 PM »
I've had several meteor strikes.  One family four times.  My son still jokes about "Little Timmy" who was killed while playing with blocks.  It was a sad day in Sunset Valley.

The strikes have always occurred after looking through a telescope.  My sims have not been allowed to own one in a long time, and I haven't had any strikes since.

Thats just a personal observation, not sure if it holds up for everyone.

anything