Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243668 times)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: Completing an immortal dynasty hints and tips.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »
I have two strategy tips that I've used and find very helpful in the beginning.   

1) Have someone able to make sleep potions (logic) or possibly even the elixirs (alchemy but needs testing) so that it takes less time for Sims to sleep.  If they need less sleep than they have more time to sculpt or paint in time to get your founder's pieces.

I use this for all games, not just the Dynasties I'm doing. Also, buy the best beds. All beds have a value number - I only buy beds that have an energy rating of 10. The Sleep-Slave Double Bed is the least expensive of these. Have your sims share the bed even if they are sleeping during the day or whatever. I don't usually use the Super Sleeper sci-fi bed since the well rested moodlet has no value and I need the happiness points in the beginning.

As to the alchemy, my current second generation spouse just supermaxed alchemy and is making a ton of "Potent Invigorating Elixir" - one jar will fill the energy bar for 24 hours before it starts to go down. Great way to stay awake for about 40 hours at a stretch on one elixir! The sleep elixirs make the Sim exhausted, but the potent one gives a long-lasting moodlet that prevents energy decay, but it's not as fast as the invigorating elixir.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »
Two more things I want to add.  I'm just full of information today.

If you have showtime, there is a bed that came with that expansion that is cheap and has a sleep value of like 6 or 7 and it's probably one of the best beds you can get in the beginning.  Like I said, it's cheap and it's a full bed so two people can sleep on it. 

Another thing is in my dynasty I never accept less than a masterpiece sculpture and there's a way I make sure to get this done for each life stage.  I do this using a little MOO (MoveObjects On) Magic

First off: There are several quality types of sculptures: Good, Great, Brilliant, Masterpiece.

When you have a sim that can do ice sculptures, what I do is buy several sculpting stations.  Example:  I'm using 12 so that Artie can use 4, Reka can use 2 and then Prim tries to sculpt ice sims on the other 6.   I have them set up in 2 rows of 6 with a space & a half between them.

I queue up Prim to Sculpt Apollo 6 times on each of the empty sculpting stations.   About 3 seconds after he starts posing, I hit the action in the queue to cancel it.   If done with exact timing (and it takes practice and even then I still do it wrong), the ice block will pop up but she won't start sculpting it and she'll move to the next sculpting station.   As soon as I cancel the 6th action, I got into buy mode and put on MoveObjects on.  I then move the ice blocks off the sculptures.   This reveals the finished product.  If you attempt to pick up the item, it will tell you how much it's worth.   Currently with Prim being supermaxed in sculpting, a Good will be between §1000-§1600.  A Great is between §1800-§2500.  A Brilliant will be near §3000-§4000 and a Masterpiece will usually be §4500 and up.   

So after I've picked them all up, before I got into live mode, I reverse all actions to as if I did nothing because if you don't move the ice blocks back onto the sculpture, they aren't able to be deleted and your sculptor doesn't get credit for having finished the sculpture.   You have to let the game put it back or it doesn't count.  So reverse all the actions and go back into live mode.  If you had a masterpiece or brilliant, I usually scrap all the others and just work on that one which saves a lot of time.  Otherwise you can scrap all 6 and try again.

It will take around a Sim hour to maybe get the 6 or you could do it with fewer stations.   If you have your founder or second gen do sculpting, have them sculpt another elder all day long.  The more Ice Sims they get under their belt, the higher value they will become.  Artie has about 300 Ice Sims on his belt and his masterpieces are around §7000 or so. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 06:37:45 PM »
Great tip about the sculptures!

I'm trying my first Immortal Dynasty so I'm not very focused on score just jet. But it's real nice to get great tips.

A question:
Would you recommend using the replicator over a sim cooking fresh ambrosia? Why/why not?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
I use the replicator for the most part. Over time, you're going to need well over 100 plates of ambrosia - that's a lot of lifefruit and deathfish. Especially deathfish. I just don't like fishing that much.

The replicator always produces Normal quality ambrosia instead of Perfect, but you get the same moodlet and age reset.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 06:42:13 PM »
Some more tips.

The chess part of the logic challange can be ticky if you cannot get your opponents to show up. First of all I have two chess tables one outside for ease of access the second inside incase of vampires.You cannot play against a vampire outside during the day and you might not have all day to hang around.
In my Simself dynasty Alby was my logic Sim. I had every single other member of the family get two or three points in logic.Alby taught them all to complete another one of the logic challanges. When he started inviting people over to play chess all except two games were with members of the household.
Finding a child to tutor can be tricky so take a tip from Pam and lie in wait for the paperboy and tutor them.If it is good enough for a Dreamweaver then it must be a good idea.
If anything breaks don't repair or replace it hide it in the family inventory or the basement until you have a Sim who is supermaxing handiness.They can just do a load of repairs and that is a very easy challange completed.
Have your gardener store fruits in a chest these can be used for your nectar maker.
Place outdoor fridges on the lot when you purchase the fishing spots. Your fisherSim can have meal while he is busy getting up to level ten.
Consider skill levels when moving in helper Sims. Claire Ursine is about a level six or seven in fishing.I am so surprised nobody has moved her and baby Ursine in before now. You don't have to use Claire as a spouse but she could fish and baby Ursine could paint and sculpt and be a potential gen two spouse.
Have spare painters produce a large number of paintings and save them in your painters inventory.These paintings are great for completing opps that require X number of paintings.
When your child starts painting save every single one do not sell a single one.Then when they join the painting career sell them all and you can get up to level five or six in the career very quickly.The longer you wait to sell them the more they will appreciate.My last painter Sim I played I waited until she was an adult to sell she reached level nine of the career in one go.
The key to the gardening career is money trees.

I'm trying my first Immortal Dynasty so I'm not very focused on score just jet. But it's real nice to get great tips.

A question:
Would you recommend using the replicator over a sim cooking fresh ambrosia? Why/why not?
I would always reccomend using replicated ambrosia.My first dynasty I had no idea about replicating ambrosia because nobody had worked out how to.I had to make Ambrosia fresh every time and wow is that time consuming there is also the panic when you realise that your elder is ninety and you have to wait for your life fruit to mature. Replicated Ambrosia is totally the way to go no question.

Rachel
Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
I use the replicator for the most part. Over time, you're going to need well over 100 plates of ambrosia - that's a lot of lifefruit and deathfish. Especially deathfish. I just don't like fishing that much.

The replicator always produces Normal quality ambrosia instead of Perfect, but you get the same moodlet and age reset.

If the Sim that's making the ambrosia is a Natural Cook, have them kick it up a notch before putting it into the replicator then when they replicate the Ambrosia it will come out perfect.  It's not mandatory but I like to see it be perfect because I'm weird.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »

Once you catch two deathfish you can put them in a tank and have them breed to create little baby fishboos. Once you have enough for ambrosia just put all the fish in your inventory and you won't have to worry about feeding them. My fish had a baby around every four Sim days.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
I've never been really lucky with that. My fish always seem to stop breeding, or else die despite being fed and having their tank cleaned.

If you want to use fresh ambrosia, my one suggestion is that once you have 10 deathfish on hand, you can use them to stock a pond on your own lot where they can be caught 24/7 instead of just late at night. In a different challenge, I set up a pond and stocked it with alley catfish, angelfish, and deathfish, and never lacked for bait.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »

A question:

Like everyone else so far, replicator is the way to go. Have your replicator upgraded from 10 slots each to 20 slots each, then save the single bowlful of Ambrosia to all 3 spaces - voila, 60 Ambrosia! It's more of a time saver than anything else. And it also reduces the number of deathfish you need to obtain (I think I've used maybe 5-7 over my entire Dynasty so far, and I had initially obtained 30 or so fishies).

Another trick with the child tutoring challenge for the logic skill - ignore the paperboy/papergirl. Tutor your own darn child instead. If you use the cake in the morning of the birthday, you now have all day to tutor your child. Make sure parent/child needs are maxed, then sit down for a marathon of 10-12 hours of straight tutoring. It will also raise their grade from a C to a B (and possibly an A), which gets them onto the Honor Roll quicker. Which, in turn, gives them the wish to stay on the Honor Roll for 3 days straight quicker, which then you don't have to worry about High School interfering.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »
Another thing is in my dynasty I never accept less than a masterpiece sculpture and there's a way I make sure to get this done for each life stage.  I do this using a little MOO (MoveObjects On) Magic...

(blah, blah, blah...cheater cheater pumpkin eater trick follows...)

Hmmm...I am going to have to talk to my new awesome Challenge Assistant about this.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
(blah, blah, blah...cheater cheater pumpkin eater trick follows...)

Hmmm...I am going to have to talk to my new awesome Challenge Assistant about this.

I'll just quote you back the PM where you told me it wasn't cheating because MOO was allowed  :P

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 07:21:30 PM »
I'll just quote you back the PM where you told me it wasn't cheating because MOO was allowed  :P

And how much sarcasm have I thrown at you in the last 3 days? You're good. ;) It's an awesome technique.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 07:45:38 PM »
I would like to point out that I got my very large immortal dynasty museum score by doing things the hard way. :P

I did figure out how to this with sculptures whilst playing my last dynasty but I didn't care about museum value so I haven't bothered doing it. It is a great tip Rica and now everybodies sculpture values are going to go through the roof.

Rachel

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
Raising your museum slaves from birth and giving them the obvious Artistic/Savvy Sculptor/Photo one, as well as Perfectionist, then getting them Extra Creative ASAP helps.

Families with children that you can move in are wonderful.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
Whichever sim you choose to be your painter doesn't need a support person to paint the portrait. If you use still life, and before it goes into the still life mode, position the camera so it's looking at your sim's face, they can paint a self-portrait.  :)

anything