Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261558 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 121: Decorating the second floor
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »
As you can guess this is a quick update on how the house looks after the recent additions. We mostly just furnished the upstairs recreational areas, but we did add a large balcony in the back.

Over view of second floor. The blue bedroom is grandma C's, and the purple one is mom and dad's.

The balcony is divided into two areas, one with easels for mom, and one with a chess table and a stargazer for me (I mostly use it to search for evil doings now days).

In the upstairs hallway we have the Claw, the photo booth and a Blackjack table (we have it on a probationary period, if we get a gambling addiction it's gone, baby gone).

The library has a bar and a coffee maker. You know you are in the house of book aficionado when there are at least three rooms dedicated entirely to books!

We also added a billiards room. Grandma K says all erudite families have them now days. I guess it's her version of keeping up with the Joneses.

Grandma C got a fancy grand piano...

The rest of us got a home movie system, and a video game system.

So, after sharing some dinner with me, before I'm off to work...

...they all head upstairs for some bonding, and gaming.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 122: Grim in the audience
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »
I guess once you become immortal, changing out of your sleep wear becomes optional. Mom and the grandmas enjoyed the new additions to the house, in a relaxed fashion.

Grandma C started learning the piano.

Mom found new artistic inspiration on her balcony.

Grandma S has a new found fascination with learning trick shots.

Grandma K is still watching TV downstairs (we got her a new one, that at least has the cooking channel). I don't know why she isn't enjoying a full HD experience on the new screen.

Wait, I figured it out. She's still keeping tabs on the maids, and the downstairs TV has a better view of the front door.

Klara: *mutters* Two maids, today again...*scribbles in note book.*

Dad spends a lot of time helping me with chess strategy.

Frida: So, when are you going to tell her?
Simon: I was thinking I'd just surprise her, do you think I should tell her instead?
Frida: Well, she's been asking you to do this for even longer than she's been pressing me for a grandchild. So, as long as you go through with it, I think she'll be in heaven. Do you know who's taking over yet?
Simon: Nothing is decided, but I like Ellie myself.
Frida: She'd be ecstatic.

I don't know how Arnulfo did it, but the grandmas have been a lot less forward in their nooboo demands lately. Me being out of the house so much has also helped take away some of the stress, so now I don't want to scream when I see them any longer.

I spend several hours each day tutoring sims in the parks.

Sometimes I wish I knew something about fashion. Because, no matter how much I teach them about cooking, their clothing choices is all anyone will ever remember them for.

I beat Charles at chess again.

This time we had a very distinguished audience.

When I grew bored of talking about cooking I rambled on about art appreciation, I might have let slip some trade secrets, but this sim wasn't really paying attention so I'll be fine.

Dad surprised mom by retiring, alas, I was at work and missed the astonished look on her face.

He is currently living a life or ease fishing, and only occasionally staying in sleepwear all day long.

My time at home is (save for time alone with Arnulfo) dedicated to pushing myself athletically. Grandma S is ever enthusiastic and annoying.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 123: The plot thickens
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
I guess time was moving more quickly than I thought. All of a sudden it was time for Arnulfo's adult birthday, and that meant mine was right around the corner.

Naturally, he didn't get a midlife crisis. I just feel I won't be as lucky. I was looking forward to my own birthday with something akin to trepidation.

Elise: You're an adult now, I demand nooboos!
Arnulfo: I would like to remind you of the contract you all signed, any nagging done prior to Frida's adult birthday adds another day before you can demand a grandchild.
Elise: I still can't believe you got us to sign that piece of paper! You, sir, are a very devious man.
Arnulfo: Why do you think your daughter loves me? My brain - it really is my best feature.

Simon: So, how did that talk to Arnulfo go?
Elise: He threatened me!
Simon: Did he really? So...
Elise:Yes, I should have listened to you. I signed the contract, and he's holding me to it.
Simon: I told you that boy is wasted in science, should have come and worked at the Warehouse, could have taken over from me.
Elise: No more talking, I need to use this hammer some more before I'm calm enough to see his smug face again.

I have found the elusive chess players kryptonite. I lure them to the house with the promise of a party, and they show up every time. I'm level 4 in the rankings already.

Elise: Good, you're both here. I've got the coffee.
Arnulfo: What's going on?
Klara: This is an ambush. Frida's birthday is tomorrow, and we are going to strategize.
Elise: I want my grandbabies!
Arnulfo: This was covered in the contract, it clearly states no nagging in any type or form.
Klara: Phsaw, that's just semantics. Don't duel with a wordsmith, you'll lose. This isn't nagging, this is planning, and you are going to help.
Arnulfo: And if I refuse?
Klara: Let's just say that the contract will find it's way to Frida's hands, and I don't think she'll like what is says.
Arnulfo: You play dirty.
Elise: My wishes for a grand baby and the combined experience of all the Auroras vs. your admittedly clever but way to nice brain. Do the math boy!
Arnulfo: What were you thinking.
Klara: I'm so glad to have you on board.

It was time for my adult birthday. Time to enter the final life stage before becoming an elder, I couldn't believe how fast time was moving!

I wanted something new, but didn't feel like revamping my entire look. So I bought a classy new swimsuit.

Elise: Time for grandbabies! Bring me a nooboo!
Simon: Calm yourself woman!
Elise: She's an adult now. She knows what has to be done. Let go of me, I'm just going over there to drop some hints.
Simon: I'm not letting go until you've calmed down. Remember the plan.
Elise: The plan is too slow!
Simon: The plan will work, you stomping over there demanding a nooboo won't.

My birthday party was nice, but I was running late for work (I always seem to run to work now days, I barely have time for skilling. How will I have the time for a nooboo?)

Arnulfo: Are you all set for tomorrow?
Klara: They are expecting us at the spa at nine in the morning, you'll have the house to yourselves.
Arnulfo: Selma?
Selma: We are going to the theater after the spa, then the bistro. I don't expect us back until at least after nine at night.
Arnulfo: Perfect.
Elise: You better deliver those nooboos!
Simon: Elise, we talked about this.
Cecilia: Honey, I'm sure everything will come on it's own time.
Arnulfo: Thank you Cia.
Cecilia: Of course, that doesn't mean you can't try being presuasive...
Klara: Well, that's enough. We'd better get an early night. Big day tomorrow everyone. Chop, chop.

Elise: I can't believe it's almost here.
Simon: What?
Elise: The day I become a grandmother of course.
Simon: I still say you don't look old enough to be a grandma.
Elise: Flattery will get you everywhere...

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 123: The plot thickens
« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
....Is there even any space for a nooboo considering Frida is I think sixth generation?
Interesting and nice update otherwise. =3

SimBlip

« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
I love the frantic desire of the grannies for a nooboo.
I wondered why Arnulfo and Frida did not have a baby before they started their careers with so much babysitter potential at home.
Simon is so very relaxed about it. Arnulfo goes as far as to draw a contract up about it. And then there's Frida... Is this all part of a gigantic plot? Very exciting! :)

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »
I love Elise's crazy demand of a nooboo. Awesome update. The plot has definitely thickened.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »
I love the frantic desire of the grannies for a nooboo.
I wondered why Arnulfo and Frida did not have a baby before they started their careers with so much babysitter potential at home.
Simon is so very relaxed about it. Arnulfo goes as far as to draw a contract up about it. And then there's Frida... Is this all part of a gigantic plot? Very exciting! :)

Mostly because they did woohoo and there wasn't chimes, so they decided to wait.  :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
You've got me!

It's never happened to me before, I had them try 7 times, then it just became apparent they wanted to wait. And time wise it works out rather OK. Since space in the house is becoming premium, waiting would minimize gen 6's chance of becoming to old before bringing in generation 7.

But, I doubt that was why Frida and Simon were waiting. I'm but a lowly watcher from Dimension H, what do I know about sims thoughts and plans.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2012, 06:58:39 AM »
I hope they have a nooboo soon, I bet it will be so cute :)

And I absolutely love your house, it looks amazing. I only wish I could build something like that :P
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Louise56

« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2012, 07:05:50 AM »
I enjoyed this chapter very much! The grannies sure are funny, can't wait for next update. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 124: Confessions
« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »
Today I woke up to an empty house. Arnulfo had left a note on his pillow:

"I'm just rushing some papers to the office, the family have gone out for the day. Just relax, grill some marshmallows and I'll see you soon. xoxo"

It felt strange, but decadent to have the house all to myself. After a scrumptious breakfast and a long bubble bath I went out to the pond for some marshmallows.

Arnulfo: Doesn't this bring back memories?
Frida: Good times...say, you didn't have anything to do with everyone going out today did you?
Arnulfo: Busted I see.
Frida: It was a bit suspicious. I thought they'd be banging on the door, demanding news about a nooboo.
Arnulfo: They planned to, but I managed to change their minds.
Frida: Thank God! You're not as crazy as the rest of them.

Arnulfo: I have a confession to make. And I also think it's time we had a serious discussion about having a nooboo.
Frida: What confession? And we agreeed waiting for a nooboo was a good idea, didn't we?
Arnulfo: I might or might not have strong armed the grandmas into signing a contract forbidding them to pester you about a nooboo.
Frida: You might or might not have?
Arnulfo: Well, it all depends.
Frida: On what?
Arnulfo: If you'll be mad at me or not.
Frida: If you're worrying about me being mad at you for keeping the grandmas off my back for this long, you don't know me well. Because if you managed to pull that off, you, my good sir, are a hero in my book.
Arnulfo: All right, I did it.
Frida: I guess you'll want a reward for your efforts?
Arnulfo: A reward would be nice.
Frida: So come an get it.

Arnulfo: Now, when I've gotten this off my chest, I think it's time for you to tell me something too.
Frida: What? I don't have anything on my chest. I'm not keeping any secrets. I don't know what you are talking about!
Arnulfo: Frida, baby, I know you. I know you are worried about having a nooboo. Every time I even so much as mention it in passing you tens up and your eye get all panicky.
Frida: I'm just... I worry... I...
Arnulfo: You are going to be a wonderful mother.
Frida: How do you know that? I'll probably be a right disaster just like everyone else in my family!
Arnulfo: I don't think any of them have been a disaster, you know your mother loves you, don't you.
Frida: But she doesn't understand me at all! What if out child was... what if I'll not be good enough?
Arnulfo: I don't think anyone thinks they're ever good enough for their children, we just have to do the best we can.
Frida: But I'm not used to that! I always have a plan of action. I always know what is going to happen. I'm just so scared I'll mess something up.

Arnulfo: Baby, you're going to be a wonderful mother, I won't let you be anything less.
Frida: You promise?
Arnulfo: I promise. I'll be right beside you every step of the way.
Frida: Good. I'll hold you to it! 

Arnulfo: Now, why don't we take advantage of this empty house and get in the mood?

Arnulfo got me in the right mood alright. More than once I might add, three or four to be exact.

And then we got into it a few more times, just to be sure.

Now I have lots of research to do, I've decided to be as prepared as possible. Baby books here I come!

Louise56

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 124: Confessions
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
Frida will be a great mum. I can't wait for the grandmas to find out.
Looking forward to the nooboo. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 125: Result!
« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
Early the next morning I woke up feeling queasy.

My research told me this could only mean one thing. We were having a nooboo!

I hurried to the kitchen so I could tell everyone, when...

...I hope this isn't going to become a pattern. I have a lot to do in preparation for the birth.

I was just freshening up before going out to face the firing squad of questions, when...

... I was officially miserable. I could here them bickering on the other side of the door and after a while there was a hesitant knock.

Elise: Honey, are you all right?
Frida: I'm fine. Just... just need some time alone. Where's Arnulfo?
Elise: He went to work, are you sure you're OK? Selma can break down the door if you need us to come and get you out.
Frida: That traitor!
Elise: What?
Frida:*muttering* I'll be beside you every step of the way, he said. Well, where is he when I need him?
Elise:What's wrong?
Frida: Nothing, it's just...morning sickness.
Elise: You're pregnant?
Frida: Yes, I've come to that conclusion.
Elise: *yells* Break out the nectar, I'm going to be a grandmother! *through the door* You just relax, we're here for you.
Frida: *mutters* That's what I'm afraid of.

In the end grandma S didn't have to break down the door, I managed to walk out it myself. But I was weak as a nooboo, and they didn't have to try very hard to convince me to go back to bed. I woke up several hours later, feeling a lot better, and with the realization that it was really happening. I had a nooboo growing inside of me.

After a few moments considering the miracle of life, I once again had to throw up. And I realized that the miracle of life, was also going to be responsible for me loosing a lot of meals.

My first days of being pregnant was rather rough, so I didn't leave the house. I managed to get some time tutoring the paper girl, and I'm now a teacher extraordinaire, which means I'll be able to help my child in school more efficiently.

Mom also decided to immortalize my pregnant state in my adult sculpture. I think she was the most excited out of all the grandmas. I can't believe I've started to think of her as a grandma already! I suspect it's because she's started to refer to herself as grandma Elise, when talking to my belly.

To sum up my experiance of being pregnant so far: I can't eat properly because I throw up all the time, I can't go anywhere without mom asking if she can tag along, I can't work out and grandma K has decided we're not having anyone over until after the birth. Also, I nap so much during the day, that I can't fall asleep at night. At least Arnulfo is there to keep me company.

Frida: I just wish the nooboo would come already!
Arnulfo: All in good time, baby, all in good time.
Frida: That's easy for you to say, you're not the one throwing up all the time.
Arnulfo: I'm not going to win this argument am I?
Frida: I think not.
Arnulfo: Let's just go inside and relax some then, you can complain to me without beating me at chess.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 125: Result!
« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »
I think I would officially go insane if I were in Frida's shoes. Too many doting grandmas around!

That is a lot of morning sickness. I think in the last four pregnancies I've dealt with in my games they get sick maybe twice? Nice way that you integrated it into the storyline though. I have to say, the story just keeps getting better and better!

anything