Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261665 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 125: Result!
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
That is a lot of morning sickness. I think in the last four pregnancies I've dealt with in my games they get sick maybe twice? Nice way that you integrated it into the storyline though.

Totally agree! Poor Frida!
I hope things will ease up a little as pregnancy progresses.
Arnulfo impresses me. He is so caring! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 126: TV time
« Reply #301 on: October 21, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
Thankfully the morning sickness let up after the first two days of the pregnancy. And I had time to worry about something other than if I was going to keep enough food down to feed the nooboo.

Frida: How soon do you think we should start teaching our nooboo to walk? Is two days good, or is it to soon. Should we do talking first? What about books? Should we get some books? I think...

Arnulfo: Honey, I think you worry to much. We can't really know until the nooboo is here anyway.
Frida: I just want to be prepared.
Arnulfo: We have a nursery set up and lots of relatives eager to help out, we will be fine. Besides, right now I can think about is how beautiful you look. You're glowing.

Frida: Am I?
Arnulfo: Yes, you are.
*smooch*

Frida: *contented sigh* I guess I'll have time to prepare myself more later.
Arnulfo: Yes, let's just relax for now.

Elise: Aren't they cute?
Simon: They remind me of us, we were so happy when we were expecting Frida.
Elise: I'm going to be a grandmother soon! How I have waited.

Simon: I still say you don't look old enough to be a grandmother.
Elise: Oh, Simon, you charmer.

Cia: Would you be quiet? I'm trying to listen to the movie. And Klara, do you really have to eat infront of the TV? I can barely hear because of your chewing!
Klara: Last I remembered hearing this was still my TV, if you need quite som much we have another TV upstairs...
Selma: Really, how anyone could watch a movie with the two of you is a mystery to me.

As the grandmothers were bickering and my parents cuddled on their sofa I was reminded of how lucky I am. Sure, my family are annoying and put their noses where they don't always belong, but I know what ever happens they will help us take care of our nooboo.  What can I say? Despite it all, I love my crazy family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 127: Meet Julia
« Reply #302 on: October 21, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »
After all that time spent at the house, I was desperate for some time away. I went to my park (actually I snuck out so mom wouldn't have time to beg me to come).

I took the chance to dicuss the importance of training and nutrition.

As well as, won the game that let me rise to level 5 in the chess rankings. I'm now a Grand Master.

I was on my way over to some of the families picnicking to ask if someone wanted some tutoring, when I was surprised by sudden pain. Could the nooboo be on the way?

The people in the park seemed to think so, and I decided I'd better get home straight away.

By the time I was home I felt all right again. Maybe I was just imagining things, it was a little early for the nooboo to arrive after all.

No, I had been right the first time. The nooboo was coming.

Grandma C came home from another autograph session, and had a proper freak out.

Cia: Oh my God! The nooboo is coming. It's coooooooming.....
Frida: Go be useful, I need to go to the hospital, get Arnulfo!

I didn't really need Arnulfo, because I realized the nooboo was almost here, but it did make her go away. Her screaming had been more painful than the actual labor pains themselves.

As soon as she rushed in the house, the sparkles came.

Meet Julia, my precious little girl. She's is a heavy sleeper that loves the outdoors.

She was also very loud, but I quickly realized that was probably because she was hungry. Turns out my reasoning was sound.

Her favorite color is black, so her nursery is too.

Arnulfo couldn't wait to hold his baby girl.

She was very tired so we put her straight to bed, with the robot bear the grandmas had given her.

I got a smoking kiss form a very happy father... (I still can't believe that our nooboo is finally here!)

...and beautiful flowers as well.

We also had some time alone, while the grandmas were all lining up to watch Julia sleep.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 128: Meet Julia
« Reply #303 on: October 21, 2012, 09:17:31 AM »
Frida is is well on her way to super maxing logic!
Welcome, Julia!  :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 128: Nooboos grow so fast
« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
All the grandmas were crazy about Julia, but she seemed to like spending time with her grandfather the best. As soon as he picked her up she'd stop fussing, even if she had a smelly diaper.

Their favorite thing to do together was to use the baby swing.

I was happy to have so much help with Julia, since I had to work hard getting in shape in time for going back to work. Grandma S helped as usual, I think I'm getting used to her screaming by now, because I wan't as annoyed as I used to be.

Arnulfo has taken some time of work, and is fighting for his time with Julia. He is always ready with a bottle if she's hungry.

This is is how it usually looks, the family queuing in front of the baby swing.

With all things going on, Julia's birthday was soon upon us. You can't see them in the picture, but the whole family was there to cheer for her as she aged up.

I was a bit surprised she had red hair, I had hoped (and thought) that she'd inherit her fathers black hair). She also has green eyes, grandma K is ecstatic, no one has had green eyes before. They aren't her shade though. I'm not really sure who she'll look like growing up. Maybe she's most like mom.

Since black is her favorite color her wardrobe is a combination of black and white. I think it really makes her hair pop.

She's very adventurous, and was crawling all over the house as soon as she learnt to.

Like when she was a burrito, her favorite relative was her grandpa.

He jumped straight in with the potty training.

Like all all of us, she's at her happiest when playing with her toys.

Anna33

« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
Where did the toy that Julia is playing with in the last scree shot come from?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »
Where did the toy that Julia is playing with in the last scree shot come from?

I thought it was one of the regular toys, but maybe it came with the toy box, it's from the store and you can see it here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 129: Nooboos grows so fast
« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's one of the toys that came with the Supernatural patch. I thought you could only get them through buydebug or the claw machine, but it looks like they come in toyboxes too!

Lovely updates, saltpastillen. I can't wait to see what Julia's supermax is and if she gets the Aurora chin or not.  :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
I love how Julia still has some of the family looks (I can see it in her nose). She's just so cute.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 130: Goodbye Simon
« Reply #309 on: October 21, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
Out daughter is a very picky eater, she will only eat the finest of foods (read angel food cake) and grandma K is busy making sure there is always fresh cake for the little gourmet.

Mom has the most patience with her increasing demands. She is so happy to be a grandmother, I almost feel sorry for waiting so long to have Julia.

We decided that the first skill we should teach her was to talk. She can easily move around while crawling anyway, and I was getting frustrated with her screaming incomprehensible syllables every time she wanted to make herself known.

Frida: Every time you have a birthday you have to have your portrait painted. Grandma E is painting yours right now, if you want you can learn how do it to when you are older.
Julia: Don't think so!

Frida: Another thing you need to do is get a job. I'm going to be a master thief some day soon. You can be anything you want. as long as it's not a police officer.
Julia: Why?
Frida: Because I don't want you to get on the bad side of the people at the Warehouse.
Julia: What ever!

Frida: But before you have to think about any of that you need to grow up. Remember, you should always eat your vegetables.
Julia: Vegetables?

Frida: Yes, like your daddy grows in the garden. Peppers, onions, carrots...
Julia: Grapes?
Frida: Grapes are fruit, not vegetables.
Julia: Grapes, grapes, grapes!

Julia: I want grapes!
Frida: Grapes are for grownups, or pancakes, but you need vegetables.
Julia: I will drink grapes!
Frida: No. You will not. Not until you are an adult.
Julia: Not fair!
Frida: Tough luck, wha...?

I could feel something at the back of my neck. Some kind of premonition.

I was right. Because up in grandma K's study the sparkles had come for my father.

Mom was in chock, she could barely believe it was happening.

We knew dad's time was near, he was 94 years old after all, but we had hoped he's hang on as long as grandma Tomika.

Once the Grim had helped dad pass into his urn, there was some uncomfortable silence. Turns out Grim was upset about grandma C not returning his calls.

Mom put a portrait of dad in her room as a memorial.

She fell alseep with a broken heart, and we knew we'd have to help her get through the following days.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
I love how Julia still has some of the family looks (I can see it in her nose). She's just so cute.

I agree that the nose is probably the one feature that's stayed the longest. Though I think Julia is more like Simon than any of the other Auroras.

I also think that maybe she has Agnes mouth.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 131: Spring rides takes the blues away
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2012, 12:29:24 PM »
Mom took dad's death hard. She just painted and painted, she barely remembered to eat. We were all worried, and once the weekend rolled around Arnulfo and the grandmas decided she needed to get out of the house, even if it only meant going across the street to the park.

They pushed her to join a game of gnubb, and she started to look more alive after that.

Julia was happy to be in the park. She brought her favorite toy, and entertained herself while the rest of the family concentrated on making mom feel like part of the land of the living again.

Julia wasn't half as obstinate while learning to walk as she was learning to talk. Maybe it was just because her daddy was teaching her. I've started to see a pattern where she's more difficult when I'm trying to deal with her. Maybe we're doomed to repeat my and moms relationship after all?

Julia doesn't seem interested in any of us reading to her, she just want's to play with her toys and manhandle her robot bear.

The following days mom went to the park with the grandmothers and Julia for several hours each day. She got a lot of sun, and Julia was seen riding all the different spring rides.

Grandma S and grandma C mostly used the outings as an excuse to fish, so mom got loads of alone time with Julia.

I was busy myself with working on my tutoring hours, I only had to tutor sims for a little over ten hours to finish my last skill challenge, and then I'd have SuperMaxed logic. I was feeling confident I would finish all my requirements in time for my elder birthday. The only thing that might take longer was topping my career.

Like all heirs before her, Julia preferred to spend time playing outdoors.

Ever since we invested in the Claw, the grandmothers had competed in who could catch the best new toys to give to Julia.

So far, to grandma S irritation, mom had been most successful. This is Julia withe the vampire bear she recently fished out.

Since I worked mostly nights, Arnulfo was always the one to put Julia through her nighttime ritual and the last one to have a cuddle.

Look at me, I'm a cat burglar now! I'm moving up the ladder.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 132: A snob in the family
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »
Julia was in an excellent mood for her birthday. (Doesn't she look just like her grandfather in this photo?)

Arnulfo played with her, I don't know if she was truly scared of the claw...

...or if some guests horrible fashion sense put that look on her face.

Soon it was time for cake. The grandmas were loud and rowdy.

Julia: I can't look like this! I have standards!

Did I mention she gained the snob trait? My daughter cares more for appearances than knowledge, it's a dark day in my life.

Her wardrobe at least showed some style.

Arnulfo has been building something down in the basement, you enter through the garage.

Here you can see the secret space, as well as the museum rooms.

There is a private recreation area down there, he's promised Julia won't get the keys until she's old enough. (If I have my say, she'll never be, but I guess she'll be allowed down there once she's an adult.

We spent the evening together watching the kid's channel, Julia was happy to be allowed to stay up long after her old bedtime and didn't want to go to sleep, even if she was tired.

naniminna

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 132: A snob in the family
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »
Awwww. Julia is my new favorite dynasty member in your family. Does she have an idea of what she wants to do yet? Sh is so cute. Amazing style! =)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 132: A snob in the family
« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »
Awwww. Julia is my new favorite dynasty member in your family. Does she have an idea of what she wants to do yet? Sh is so cute. Amazing style! =)

Thank you!

There's a big hint in the last post as to what her SuperMax will be.

As for her wardrobe, she's the most stylish of the ladies so far. And I think it will only get better as she ages.

anything