Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261417 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 153: Grandmas training regime
« Reply #435 on: November 01, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
I suppose, but I was talking to one of my best friends that day, who coincidentally is named Elise, so that's what she ended up with. She also got a bit of her personallity (she really is one of the sweetest people I know). And then I went along that path and named Elise's daughter Frida (another good friend) and gave Frida some of her personality traits (I'll leave which ones up to you to figure out).

Incidentally, Klara was named after my first cat. So, I guess I'm pretty awful at making up names. Thinking about it all the ladies have a real life counterpart that I know... It's a good thing none of my IRL friends read these stories. ::)

For mine, I looked a whole ton of gaelic/celtic names for the  Greys.  :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 154: Networking and promotions
« Reply #436 on: November 01, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »
The grandmas spent a lot of time at our park, it was an easy way to cure their feeling of being stir crazy. It also let them bond while fishing, something I don't want to ever have to take up. Because, fish are slimy, everyone knows that.

Another reason was to let Greta ride the spring rides. Her favorite was the rocket.

Greta is growing more and more wily with age, she already has her father wrapped around her finger. Nothing is to much to ask, if it is for his perfect little princess. He'll gladly make a fool of himself just to make her laugh, it's almost to much for me to take.

And naturally, we all have to watch the Romantic Rendevouz channel all the time. If I so much as suggests turning over to Got Garden, Greta starts sniffling and blubbering - and they all take her side! You'd think she and everyone else thinks the world revolves solely around her!

Thankfully I still have my husbands complete attention in our bedroom. So I make sure we spend a couple hours there each night.

Hey, Greta's not the only one who knows how to fight dirty. She might be a natural, but I've got experience on my side. And that doesn't mean I'm getting old. I really am not, no I'm still young. Not even and adult yet, I have ages to go. So, no worries there...

With all the stress I have been experiencing at home lately, I've been spending a lot more time at the office. And as a result I've gotten several promotions. I've also managed to complete all my Black Ops, and they are still giving me more from work. I've been networking like crazy.

And I always make sure to use whatever trick that will give me an advantage, like making sure to portray myself as a doting mother in front of my family oriented co-workers. Greta doesn't mind, because in some respects we are very alike.

The result is as expected, another promotion for me. There is only one little, teeny, almost insignificant spec of trouble on my work horizon, but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Yeah, it's not even worth worrying about, forget I even mentioned it.

My promotions mean I finally get to ride in a more sophisticated car (well, not really sophisticated, but I won't be to picky since it smells clean) with my new carpool buddy Steve, he works in HR.

Greta's toddler exhibit is all done.

And here's my YA exhibit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 155: The child and the adult
« Reply #437 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »
Remember when I talked about not even being an adult yet? Well, today I'm going to become one. And let me tell you, it's not something I'm looking forward to.

Also, my daughter is becoming a child today and the grandmas are throwing her a birthday party. Stuart knows most of the kids and teens who go to school, since he worked on their musical, so all the guests are teens or children. None of my friends or friennemies are even invited.

Greta was eager to blow out her candles.

She looks so much like her father, and luckily she's not bald this time.

Then it was my turn.

Julia: Haha, it's not funny people. Nothing to see here, why don't I just go back to the house and blow out the cake there?
Elise: Now, don't be a spoilsport, grandma K baked you the cake herself.

Julia: I object! Stop, stop, I don't want to get old. Nooooooooooooooo!

Julia: Tell me how bad it is.
Selma: You look just like before.
Julia: Really?
Elise: Yes, like before, just with more wrinkles.
Julia: Stuart! We are going home right now! *stomps off*
Stuart: I thought we agreed you would not to tease her ladies?
Elise: Sorry.
Klara: But she makes it so easy.
Stuart: Just make sure Greta gets to bed in time, she has school tomorrow.
Frida: I'll take care of my granddaughter, we'll leave taking care of my daughter in your hands.

Once mom stomped off having a midlife crisis (grandma F told me that's why she's acting so silly) we went home and had ice cream.

I'm really happy about how I turned out once the sparkles came for me. I mean, I might have become a bit of a diva, but that just means I have a greater appreciation of how fabulous I really am. Also, I have the awesome features from my fathers side of the family combined with the brains and cunning from my mothers side.

Now all the grandmas and mom have to realize is that I'll not let them dictate how I'm going to live my life. So, mom says I can't be a movie star? Well, I'll just have to think of something even cooler to become. Because, I'll never set foot in a kitchen!

Here's my wardrobe, am I fierce of what?

Tomorrow is my first day of school. I'm prepared, grandma F has prepared me for any contingency, no creepy stalker for me. I just wonder of there are any cute boys in my class.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 156: School and remodeling
« Reply #438 on: November 01, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »
All right you people! I know mom has been writing for a while, but I thinks she's a bit boring. Wouldn't you rather hear from me? I mean, I would, I'm the one who's fabulous after all. Anyway, mom's away at work already, so, it's not like she can stop me or anything.

First day of school. Yay, super excited! I got up real early and had time for some horse play before the bus came. I almost had an accident, and got a bit freaked out, but don't tell any one. I'll deny it to my last breath.

The bus came and I'm already working on how to bend the driver to my will. I mean, he's got to have driven loads of kids and teens, I want to know everything - and he'll tell me. All I need it the right angle...I'll get it eventually. Grandma F is a good teacher, and I'm a great student. You could almost call me, wait for it, fabulous!

Grandma F was waiting once I got home.

Frida: So, what have you learned?
Greta: I have a schematic of the social structure of the different cliques, and a plan of how to rise to the top.
Frida: Why don't you give me a walk through?
Greta: Sure, my first step will we to befriend this girl Madison...

While I go set my plan in motion, why don't I leave you with a quick overview of the remodeling that's been going on out back.

Grandma K has build a art studio for grandma E, a spa area for the grandmas to relax in, a home gym and also put in some outdoor activities for the whole family, namely a trampoline and some water slides.

The spa area has a tropical theme, a bubble pool, a massage table and an open air sauna.

The home gym not only include exercising machines, but also lets you practice your swing (something mom takes advantage of a lot after work).

The new art studio has panorama windows which offer a great view of the ocean. Grandma E hasn't come out of there since the roof was in place.

Our house is really cool!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 156: School and remodeling
« Reply #439 on: November 01, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »
Woah, that house is awesome! I love Greta and she's certainly fabulous!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #440 on: November 01, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
Woah, that house is awesome!

Thanks, I think this is the best sims 3 house I ever built. I know I should probably try to limit the amount of object in the lot to improve performance, but I just love the way it looks. Besides, all the new features has the grandmas rolling wishes left and right, most of them hadn't had a new wish rolled in what seemed like forever, so it's a nice change.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #441 on: November 01, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
I LOVE THAT house! Greta is a Diva, I love it. Are you sure she's not related to Colt?  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #442 on: November 01, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
Thanks, I think this is the best sims 3 house I ever built. I know I should probably try to limit the amount of object in the lot to improve performance, but I just love the way it looks. Besides, all the new features has the grandmas rolling wishes left and right, most of them hadn't had a new wish rolled in what seemed like forever, so it's a nice change.

You really want to be immortal if you can enjoy a house like that  ;)
I think this is actually one of the happiest immortal dyansties that I've read.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #443 on: November 01, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »
Are you sure she's not related to Colt?  ;)

Only in her dreams. Actually, I'm not sure he'd be able to handle her particular brand of craziness. She and her grandmas might not be insane, but they have some kind of madness going on.

And Greta says to tell Margo "that if it weren't for the ID rules, she'd steal her boyfriend away... because you know she could, just like Joleen in that Dolly Parton song."

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #444 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »
I think this is actually one of the happiest immortal dyansties that I've read.

Well, they aren't much for worrying about what can't be fixed. Some of them might be a bit more neurotic than others, but most of the ladies are pretty happy with their lot in life. Besides, I've bribed them with promises of what they'd get if they make it all the way, so they have something to look forward too.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2012, 05:13:12 PM »
Only in her dreams. Actually, I'm not sure he'd be able to handle her particular brand of craziness. She and her grandmas might not be insane, but they have some kind of madness going on.

And Greta says to tell Margo "that if it weren't for the ID rules, she'd steal her boyfriend away... because you know she could, just like Joleen in that Dolly Parton song."

OH my favorite lady of Country! These Brooks men like it when the ladies fight over them. Tell Greta Maybe in another place and time they can meet up..  ;)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
I'll give her the message. She might have an idea I'll PM you about later...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 157: Sunset Valley's oldest man
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »
I was having a midlife crisis. I needed to feel young and alive. I was so desperate that I resorted to playing with the new water toys.

Julia: Tell me I'm still pretty.
Stuart: You are the most beautiful woman I know.
Julia: But I *sniff* have wrinkles now.
Stuart: So do I, and soon I'll have even more. But you are beautiful inside as well as out, and I'm going to prove you are still the only one for me.

Julia: How?
Stuart: Any way I can, any time I have to and all night long.

Six special order rocking chairs were included with the latest remodel, and since the grandmas spent most of the afternoon naping there, they had loads of energy to burn once darkness fell.

Klara: Was this a great idea or what?
Elise: I'm having a hard time deciding what I love more, the rocking chair or the art studio.
Klara: Really?
Elise: Wait, no who am I kidding, I don't. The rocking chair wins hands down.

Selma: All we need now is a professional bar and a mixologist dressed in a speedo.
Frida: A speedo? We have a kid living here, we ought to at least make him wear shorts.
Klara: No, all we need to do is make sure he's only around when Julia's at work - what she doesn't see wont hurt her.
Elise: Erh, what about Greta?
Cecilia: What about Greta?
Elise: Shouldn't we protect her too?
Cecilia: I think it's more likely we'll have to protect the mixologist from her.
Klara: OK, lets vote. All for getting a new bar, raise your arm now.

Greta spent most of the weekend posing for her various museum pieces...

...as well as, playing on the new outdoor toys.

Greta has been spending some time with grandma E in her studio, she painted a rather ugly but cute painting. Of course, listening to her you'd think it was a masterpiece heralding a new school of artistic thought. Grandma E predicts she'll not go into the arts. Maybe we should be even more thankful there isn't a film studio in Sunset Valley?

Here's Gretas child exhibit grandma E just finished. She's on the trampoline in one of the photos, not being pushed of the balcony (if you were wondering).

On Monday we had a party celebrating Stuart's elder birthday, Greta had to rush home from school to be there on time.

Stuart was so cool about becoming an elder. I don't understand how he can be so calm about it. When it's my time to turn all grey I'll probably be a wreck.

Eeek! Stuart, mirror now! Or you're sleeping on the couch tonight.

Greta: Wow, dad. You're really super old.

No way my Stuart was ever going to get to keep that horrid hairdo (even if it is what he prefers to wear to work). You'd think he was having an elder-life crisis, by the way she strutted around in that 'do.

At least he's keeping his leather jacket...

No party is complete without a visit from Grim. This time he came for who was probably Sunset Valleys oldest living man. He's someone our family knew well, some of us more than others. In fact, one of the grandmas almost married him one upon a time. Yes, Claudio Suarez was still alive and kicking, at least until we invited him over.

He didn't harbor any hard feelings towards us, in fact, he seemed pretty happy to go with Grim.

I heard Grandma C confide in grandma K that she was relieved she'd broken it off with him. Considering how long he turned out to hang around, this dynasty would surely have failed if he's joined back in generation three.

Greta: All right, that was one super old dude! Sorry dad.

And here's my adult museum exhibit. I decided to have a bathing suit photo just like grandma K.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 158: The calm before the storm
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2012, 06:22:29 PM »
Ugh, I thought I would get to wear power suits if I joined the business career, not some spinster costume from the 40's. Here's to hoping I get more class once I reach the top.

Greta has been spending a lot of time with her block table, sometimes she even talks to the blocks. Is she perhaps developing the eccentric trait?

Greta: I don't think so, Private. You're going to fall in line, and don't balk at my orders.

Greta: And you, report to the blue squadron by, 0800 hours. Dismissed!

Greta: You realize this is lame, don't you?
Stuart: But you're still a kid, so you have to join in on family time no matter what you think.
Greta: When I'm a teenager, I'm so out of here.

Klara: Sh, I love this part.
Greta: You should, you've made us watch this movie a bazillion times.
Julia: Greta, be quite!
Greta: *mutters* My birthday can't come fast enough.

Stuart: How are you feeling honey?
Julia: I'm a bit nervous. She's been so temperamental the last couple of days.
Stuart: Well, you know how tweeens are.
Julia:Children grow up so much faster than when we were young.
Stuart: Oh, I seem to remember a young lady who had designs on me from the start.
Julia: Well, yes. But I'm special.
Stuart: You certainly are. Special and spectacular. And that's why you'll be able to handle what ever Greta throws our way.
Julia: I hope so. Because, you know what? This feels like the calm before the storm.
Stuart: Then let's enjoy our last night of peace...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 159: Did someone say fabulous?
« Reply #449 on: November 01, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
I'm so happy! No more being a silly kid that has to do what the grownups say. Sure, I'll still have a curfew, but rules are made to be broken, right?

All the boring old people.

The fabulousness that is me making a wish. Can't tell you what. All I can say is that it didn't involve me gaining the eccentric or natural cook trait. Sorry mom (not really).

Am I hot or what?

I acquired the flirty trait, the better to break little boys hearts with my dear. Now, I can convince even more people of my awesomeness. I also got some lip gloss, I wanted blood red lipstick, but not even my mom wouldn't let me get away with that.

Orange sequins is the way I roll. I wanted gold lamé, but apparently they were all out of that in CAS. Maybe grandma F will be able to get some through her old contacts at the Warehouse.

Greta: *purrs* Hello handsome, my what large... hair you've got.

Greta: Say, do you have a girlfriend?
Russ: * nervous squeek* Ehrm, no.

Get ready to hear more about my teenage life. It's going to be, wait for it, fabulous!

Oh, and here's a little something mom has been keeping from you. Guess who her new boss is? You're right, Candi.

If I was evil, I'd be fiendishly delighted right now. As it is, I can't be bothered, I have to get my beauty sleep.