Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 263595 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 200: The face of Outer wear
« Reply #645 on: December 03, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
Wolves less ferocious...that was hilarious! The grandma makeovers look fantastic. Julia's outerwear in particular is quite lovely.

I'm glad to see you and this story back! I hope that the move went smoothly!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 200: The face of Outer wear
« Reply #646 on: December 03, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »
Julia's outerwear in particular is quite lovely.

I can't take any credit for that one, it was all the game. Sometimes it does get it right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 201: The weatherman says
« Reply #647 on: December 03, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »
I was right, there was a nip in the air the next morning. We also learned that the weatherman in never wrong, because when he predicts rain it pours.

Lucky for me I had a new rainbow umbrella, so I was protected when I headed out on my early morning errand.

I had gotten a call from the Mayor's office last week, asking me to come in for some kind of awards ceremony, but as you all know I had been super busy and I told them that the Mayor would just have to wait. Running all over town giving people makeovers takes up a lot of time, and I didn't feel comfortable prioritizing the Mayor and his publicity stunt over paying customers.

However, today the rain was pouring down, the streets were empty and I decided an indoor activity would be just the thing. I got a huge trophy too, I put it in the basement in my adult exhibit.

The next day I happened upon the sim in most need of my help so far. You know how sometimes weird combinations of pattern and styles, random accessories and odd fashion statements can create a wonderful and exciting look? Well, sometimes weird combinations just turn out...weird. I was almost speechless - and I think we all know how rare that is.

Beata: Fear no more, I will rescue you from fashion disaster.
Masked man: But will you make me memorable? I feel like a ghost right now, I really would like to get some attention from people.
Beata: Trust me, even if it's not pirate season, I'll make you stand out in a crowd.

Beata: So, what do you think?
Unmasked man: I look hawt!

You might wonder what mom has been doing, well wonder no more. She and dad are still as in love as they ever were.

He's been spending a lot of time at the house and I'm happy for them.

Since autumn has arrived we've all taken out flue shots, feeling germy all the time was stressing me out. The grandmas didn't really care, since they could just hang out in their PJ's all day, but I who am working needed a cure. Besides, no clients wanted me to style them when they could get infected by me.

We celebrated having all taken the flue shot by going to the autumn fair. Grandma E and grandma J collected pumpkins for us to carve in preparation of Spooky Day.

Oh, and having learned from our last visit, we all splurged on steel bladders for just this occasion.

Beata: Wanna give this a go later grandma C?
Cia: Not likely. Seems like an invitation to Grim in my mind.

Grandma F was walking around with a fiendishly delighted look on her face, when all of a sudden that turned into out right glee. Why?

The Haunted House of course, nothing like a little terror to make an evil sim feel at home.

Despite grandma C's rather lukewarm enthusiasm, there really wouldn't be a fair without Aurora's taking part in the eating contests. This time it was for pie and honor!

It really was a learning experience. The biggest revelation of all? I found out that glasses and pie do not mix well.

I also got vindicated in my belief that the grandmas were just wolves disguised as sims, I mean, look at us. It looks more like wear wolf manners than sim manners, don't you agree?

I didn't think grandma K would let go this much, but she was a wild woman.

As was grandma F, she even managed to find a way to make her pie dish levitate.

But when the last bit of filling and whipped cream was lapped up, I emerged the victor!

Some people (read grandmas) can't stand others being in the spotlight. So of course they would have to enter the apple bobbing contest.

An elder townie also joined in, but was beaten easily by the grandma gang.

And here is our winner, spitting out her final apple.

After this the rain started pouring down again, so we just headed over to the greeting card tent and got our photograph taken. I think it turned out very well. This photo now rests in my dresser. Mom and all the grandmas have pictures of their kids there, I don't have kids, so I'll have to make do with grandmas instead.

Now we are going home to prep for Spooky day.

Louise56

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 201: The weatherman says
« Reply #648 on: December 04, 2012, 03:14:11 AM »
I'm glad to see updates! The pie eating contest was hilarious lol. ;D

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #649 on: December 04, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
All the grannies look fan-tas-tic in their outerwear! I cannot wait for the next update--all this "OMG IT'S THE 8TH GENERATION" suspense is killing me!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #650 on: December 04, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »
Oh yay I'm so excited that we're getting updates again! I was sick today and so I read the whole story from the beginning. By the time I'd finished, I was feeling a lot better  :)

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #651 on: December 04, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
Oh yay I'm so excited that we're getting updates again! I was sick today and so I read the whole story from the beginning. By the time I'd finished, I was feeling a lot better  :)

I'm so happy you feel that way. I love my crazy grandma's and I'm happy some other people do too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 201: The weatherman says
« Reply #652 on: December 04, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
I love these ladies. So proper, so calm, with just a touch of a wild side!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #653 on: December 04, 2012, 05:32:55 PM »
Hahaha! The grandmas never cease to amuse me with their goofy antics. They are way too much fun!

SimBlip

« Reply #654 on: December 06, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »
Hip hip hooray for a succesful move and funtastic updates!  ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #655 on: December 08, 2012, 03:45:39 PM »
Thanks for all your kind comments. My new plan is to get this done before Christmas, hopefully I'll get at least a chapter up by the end of the weekend.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 202: Spooky day
« Reply #656 on: December 14, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »
Spooky day had finally arrived. I was psyched about my first costume party and everyone was busy getting things in order before the guests arrived, well, almost everybody...

Selma: Cia! Get your but in gear, and stop watching TV!
Cia: What? Why do we need more Jack-o-lanterns?
Selma: For that spooky feeling of course. Now stop dragging your feet.

Cia: *mutters* Never a moment of peace, and this sculpting thing is stupid anyway...

I don't know what got into grandma C, I think it's cool. Just look at the one I've already made.

And now it's costume time. Can you guess who's who?

Grandma K set up a wicked party area out back, too bad it started to rain...

Luckily it was just a slight shower. One who wasn't so lucky was the Dwayne, he won worst/best costume. I think mom was happy dad had something more stylish on.

Eeep! What is that? Is grandma S slow dancing with one of the guys who always asks me out on dates? What would grandpa Rikard say? I kept my eyes open, but I didn't spy any questionable behavior. Good! Or his ghost would be very unhappy.

I spent most of the party bobbing for apples. Next time I've got to pick another kind of costume, I suspect the mask was the reason I didn't win. 

Grandma J used most of the party to carve even more pumpkins.

Grandma E just wanted to race around on her skates like an energizer bunny.

The party lasted well into the night, and as the last guest was leaving we all gathered around the bars, to get some snacks and rate everyone costumes.

I know you think I've been on hiatus for a while, but quite frankly, old people need a lot of rest (and I do too).

So, that's what we did the next day, and the day after, and the day after that too. Oh, wait! I need to get my LTW done and max out my career...Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Just a few more minutes to snooze.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 202: Spooky Day
« Reply #657 on: December 14, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
I really like that last picture of them all asleep in their rockers in Generation order.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #658 on: December 14, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »
I love the last one also. to pooped to pop.. Great update.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #659 on: December 14, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
That last pic was priceless! Synchronized napping for the win! ;D