Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 81562 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
I am 90% sure that this is allowed, but want to make sure, read the rules and can't find anything that says we can't do this.

The rules are that we can not repeat a LTW of the heirs, if the LTW to be a surgeon is rolled and chosen, it can not be used again.
Is that for just the heir?  What about the heir's mate?  If my sim choses a mate that has the same career as her mother, then what?  Her mother isn't the heir, she is married to him but is that allowed?  And if the heirs mate had the same career as previous heir, how does that work?  Their LTW, careers have already been chosen for them by the time the heir marries them.

I have a sim who will be the heir soon and the sim I have chosen for her mate is in the military, same as her mother.  She will have a different career, Alchemy.  Her father, who is the present heir, is an author.  Founder was in music (the Lombardi family) and I have already chosen Alchemy for her, she has shown an interest and has some of the required traits.  Plus, it is one of the two possible choices, others involved WA activities. 

I'm figuring that this is something that has come up and I may have missed it, but decided to still ask; it is only the heir's LTW that can't be repeated, not other members of the sim family, including the mate to the heir.  Such as Hit Movie Composer was chosen for Gizetta, but she wasn't the heir.  It can be chosen for a later member of the family, who will be the heir.  Is that allowed?

On a side note, it seems that after removing SEA and all my old games, especially ones that had larger files, many of my problems with my game have stopped.  I haven't checked out the WA ones yet, worried it could be connected so am planning on doing a check with the family after they jump to the next town.  Will go to a couple saves in the old town and see how it works. 

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2013, 10:40:57 AM »
Only the heir LTW counts toward the restriction. Others may have the same LTWs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2013, 11:00:47 PM »
I'm going to do some changes in my Lombardi family.  I haven't found in the rules if it states we can't change who the heir is before a child is born.  In my case, if Skylar was my heir and she had a child, then I could not change it to Garrett.  But I don't see where I can't change it to Garrett and have him as the heir since Skylar and Joe don't have any children yet, nor is she pregnant.  He had been my preference, but due to the problems I had had earlier, I was going with the first one who gets married will be the heir.
I believe the problems are fixed, removing SEA and almost all of my old games has stopped the weird events (I hope). Just too much for my computer to handle, is the only reason I can come up with. 
It seems that several families that I seeded before I uninstalled SEA have had some quirks that stayed, such as the Hoppcraft, the sibling were romantically involved with each other, sisters kissing, so I am deleting them all and redoing my seeded towns. 
With Skylar and Garrett, I had saved it, moved him out and then saved it.  I just went to the save before he was moved out and played for a while.  I was surprised at what had I had learned, at what had changed for him and especially the events that came about.  ;D   Pleasantly surprised

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »
You can choose any child to be the heir.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2013, 12:28:04 PM »
I've been wondering, with Into the Future coming out soon, will Oasis Landing be an allowable world for adding to the cycle for town moves?  Or will it just be considered another travel destination you can go to?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »
I've been wondering, with Into the Future coming out soon, will Oasis Landing be an allowable world for adding to the cycle for town moves?  Or will it just be considered another travel destination you can go to?

I don't know much about this town yet. In fact, I didn't even know that Oasis Landing was the name of it. It all depends on how EA has it set up. If it is like World Adventures towns (or University) it will be a travel destination. If it's like Ambitions (Twinbrook) it will be playable and thus be able to be used in my challenge project.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
Well it does say in the blog post that unlike the WA locations and University, once you travel to the future world through the time portal, you can stay as long as you want.  But I fully realise a final decision will have to wait until the expansion comes out and been played a little.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »
Well it does say in the blog post that unlike the WA locations and University, once you travel to the future world through the time portal, you can stay as long as you want.  But I fully realise a final decision will have to wait until the expansion comes out and been played a little.

Yes, I read that also. It doesn't look like we'd be able to start in the new town. And, does it even have "townies?" I still have a lot of questions about it. I have pre-ordered so as soon as I get my copy you can bet I will be trying it out! The best I can say right now is, "At Your Own Risk." Oh. I just remembered that's my boyfriend's birthday. It might be a day or so later before I get it installed.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »
Heh it's okay.  I'm still a few expansions behind anyway.  And after getting a new hard drive, I need to do a full reinstall too.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2013, 04:05:22 PM »
Okay, so Cressida Wells didn't have any luck in getting a boyfriend or a husband. The option for trying for baby did not appear so it looks like this town can't be used for the jump at all. It's too bad they can't try for baby though.

skyegal22

« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »
Hi, I lost my previous family but I have re-started this again in Moonlight Falls with the Hopcraffts

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2013, 01:34:18 PM »
Thank you for letting me know. I be watching for it!

skyegal22

« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »
Well my computer crashed losing all the data on it and I lost the Hoppcrafts but I started a new random town jump in Lunar lakes with the Goode Family.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18440.0.html

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »
I decided to try this. I just got some new towns that I haven't played yet and this would be a good way to explore. So what town did I roll first - Sunset Valley. Really?!?!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2013, 06:41:13 PM »
I decided to try this. I just got some new towns that I haven't played yet and this would be a good way to explore. So what town did I roll first - Sunset Valley. Really?!?!

That's good isn't it? At least you'll have a familiar name throughout all of the moves ;). Good luck!