Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898397 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Rica,How about putting Marian's career rewards list on the FAQ post,this will be a great resource for players and I am sure the question about career rewards will come up quite often.

Rachel

Or even link to it in the actual rules section.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »
Rachel -

I was just about to do that! 

Everyone -

There has been a reversal ruling regarding the Wish Enhancing Serum.  Metro wasn't aware of the exact nature of the Wish Enhancing Serum until I brought it up and let him know how it worked.  So we have had a discussion and have decided to reverse the decision.  Wishes that have had their points raised to with the Wish Enhancing Serum are no longer eligible to count for the 5 unique wishes requirement.  Anyone who has already counted wishes using the serum are ok but from this point on, the ruling is that these wishes do not count for your requirement.   The only wishes that count are the ones that are above 5000 normally or with the ambitious trait only.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
I'm guessing that Imaginary Friend means an Imaginary Friend made real?
That sounds like a really stupid question but I thought Imaginary Friends made real were just ordinary Sims...
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
I'm guessing that Imaginary Friend means an Imaginary Friend made real?
That sounds like a really stupid question but I thought Imaginary Friends made real were just ordinary Sims...

Imaginary Friends turned real can still revert to their original form and then turn back to human again.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
I'm a little uncertain about the adding heirs business, so I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

So, you start with your Founder, and he completes his 7 requirements. Then, he marries a ghost and the first ghost child born is the heir. The heir does their requirements, marries and reproduces with a vampire, and the first vampire child born is the heir. And so on until the 7th heir completes their requirements. Is this correct?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
To add to what Thomas said, prior to Supernatural, Imaginary Friends were considered an occult and the Edit in CAS cheat didn't work for them.  It still might not since they aren't one of the options but I haven't tried it.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »
I'm a little uncertain about the adding heirs business, so I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

So, you start with your Founder, and he completes his 7 requirements. Then, he marries a ghost and the first ghost child born is the heir. The heir does their requirements, marries and reproduces with a vampire, and the first vampire child born is the heir. And so on until the 7th heir completes their requirements. Is this correct?

Basically that is the whole of it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 02:59:59 PM »
Just to add on top of Rica's agreement, Audren -- you can bring your Founder's spouse in whenever. The requirements are for bringing the next heir in, not the spouse. The way you phrased your question, one might interpret it that you have to do requirements and then bring the spouse in.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »
Just to add on top of Rica's agreement, Audren -- you can bring your Founder's spouse in whenever. The requirements are for bringing the next heir in, not the spouse. The way you phrased your question, one might interpret it that you have to do requirements and then bring the spouse in.

Okay, the spouse can be added at any point, but the heir can't be born until the requirements are completed. Thanks, Rica and Metro.

Edit: Just another thought I had. Are life-restoring items (Ambrosia, Age Freeze, etc) available to heirs after they complete the requirements or after the new heir is born?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »
• Your heirs are allowed a maximum of 49 days vacation (no more than 7 days for each of your 7 life states). Non heirs/spares have no vacation restrictions.

So is this 7 days per generation or 49 days total?

Also, since this only applies to heirs that would mean spouses have unlimited days of vacation?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »
Okay, the spouse can be added at any point, but the heir can't be born until the requirements are completed. Thanks, Rica and Metro.

Edit: Just another thought I had. Are life-restoring items (Ambrosia, Age Freeze, etc) available to heirs after they complete the requirements or after the new heir is born?

**Extending Life** You may not use any method to extend an heir's life until they have completed all their requirements. Once all requirements are completed, then you are free to use whatever methods you wish to extend an heir's life. All 7 life states must be alive at the end of the dynasty. Non-heir household members are not tied to these restrictions.

So is this 7 days per generation or 49 days total?

Also, since this only applies to heirs that would mean spouses have unlimited days of vacation?

You quoted the line I was about to quote back to you.   "Non heirs/spares have no vacation restrictions."   And let me get back to you on the vacation days.  There is a clarification I thought was made in the workbench but I have to find it to follow my way of thinking or PM Metro for his intention.  It's the one question I always think of when I'm not near a computer to ask him and then forget when I am.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »

You quoted the line I was about to quote back to you.   "Non heirs/spares have no vacation restrictions."   And let me get back to you on the vacation days.  There is a clarification I thought was made in the workbench but I have to find it to follow my way of thinking or PM Metro for his intention.  It's the one question I always think of when I'm not near a computer to ask him and then forget when I am.

My distinction on the line I quoted was is the spouse considered a non heir, as normally I see that term used interchangeably with spare?  Meaning non-heirs and spares are the same thing whereas spouses are in a 3rd group.  Sometimes they are held to the same rules as the heir and sometimes they are not.

Thanks for checking on the vacation question.  It will affect how I approach this challenge.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
My distinction on the line I quoted was is the spouse considered a non heir, as normally I see that term used interchangeably with spare?  Meaning non-heirs and spares are the same thing whereas spouses are in a 3rd group.  Sometimes they are held to the same rules as the heir and sometimes they are not.

Thanks for checking on the vacation question.  It will affect how I approach this challenge.

That's a good point and I've changed the wording to help out. 

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
7). Add 7 items of a given type (i.e. all photos or all paintings) to the Family Mausoleum. These 7 items must be the product of a skill of the current heir (i.e. a painting, sculpture, photograph, invention, nectar bottle). Each generation’s objects must be a different type than other generations’ type of objects.
Another question...

All 7 groups of objects must be created by the heir.  So collecting gems and metals and bugs don't count?  So basically only painting, sculptures, photographs, nectar, elixir, inventions, fish and plants count as options?  Or does collecting count as a skill since it has challenges adding gems, metals, insects, and small pets?   

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 04:29:57 PM »
Another question...

All 7 groups of objects must be created by the heir.  So collecting gems and metals and bugs don't count?  So basically only painting, sculptures, photographs, nectar, elixir, inventions, fish and plants count as options?  Or does collecting count as a skill since it has challenges adding gems, metals, insects, and small pets?   

I don't consider collecting as a skill that would qualify for that requirement.   Gems can be used from the board breaker through the martial arts skill.  Books can be used with the writing skill.  Potions through the logic skill are different from elixirs so they're another possibility.    I may ask Metro if equestrian trophies would count for both career and skill as long as you have the appropriate amount to cover both requirements.   I'll let you know what he says.

anything