Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897943 times)

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2012, 11:07:38 PM »
Are you absolutely certain that Argus isn't in werewolf form when you're trying?  Did you put him in human form?  Do you clear out your cache files regularly?

Nope I've never cleared my cache since I've had Sims 3. Cleared it now, uninstalled overwatch. Hopefully it all works good.  gonna go in and just woohoo with Argus to see what happens, if it's a go I'll start again lol.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #286 on: September 24, 2012, 05:31:17 AM »
In this rule...

2). Attain 2 different career/profession placeable reward objects. These can be from a rabbit-hole career, a self-employment career, or a profession. Qualifying objects would be things like skill certificates directly tied to a career/profession, objects like the Police Cruiser, Director’s Chair, and Uber Fridge from the Culinary Career; and Service Rewards. These 2 career/profession rewards must be unique to the qualifying heir.  (MarianT provides an excellent list of careers and their rewards here)

...there is a link to the service rewards, and then another link to MarianT's list of career rewards.  Do the rewards from these two links overlap?  This whole time I thought there were two different links because the service rewards were separate from MarianT's list.  So my angler founder got her skill certificate and service reward medal, but I've been waiting and waiting thinking that the angler "trophy" MarianT listed was still on the way in the mail, (seeing as how my skill certificate took a while to get in the mail).

It only just dawned on me that MarianT's list might include all of the service rewards in it.  If that's the case I'll have to completely re-plan my strategy to make sure none of the service rewards overlap.  Because they don't count as unique, right?  And if my angler has the fishing skill certificate and that medal that's all she's getting?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #287 on: September 24, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »
That skill cert and medal is all she's going to get.  They do overlap.  MarianT's list is the list to really be concerned with.  I'm fairly certain most of what we can get is covered in that list if not all of it.

The service reward medal is unique to your fishing sim because your fishing Sim got that medal for fishing.   There is another medal just like it that you get for sculpting and because you get that for sculpting and not fishing even though they look the same, they are still unique.   Is this what you were worried about?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #288 on: September 24, 2012, 06:54:19 AM »
I added a wish to hazelnuts list.    My immortal dynasty just showed me that Donating §10,000 to undermine charity is another 5k wish.  I'm not sure about the good requirement because I don't have any of them in my dynasty :D.  But perhaps.
Thanks.  I'm sure there must be loads of others that I've missed as well as the WA wishes, which I'm planning to test this week.  I'm also pretty sure there's a large wish for making 25 dishes perfectly but it doesn't seem to have fired in any of my recent games.

I also have an addition for Marian's list of career rewards: the culinary career has the food processor at level 6 as well as the fridge at level 10.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #289 on: September 24, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »
I also have an addition for Marian's list of career rewards: the culinary career has the food processor at level 6 as well as the fridge at level 10.

Thank you. I added the food processor to the list...the fridge was already there.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #290 on: September 24, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »
That skill cert and medal is all she's going to get.  They do overlap.  MarianT's list is the list to really be concerned with.  I'm fairly certain most of what we can get is covered in that list if not all of it.

The service reward medal is unique to your fishing sim because your fishing Sim got that medal for fishing.   There is another medal just like it that you get for sculpting and because you get that for sculpting and not fishing even though they look the same, they are still unique.   Is this what you were worried about?

Yes thank you Rica!

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
I'm pondering maybe restarting the challenge. I haven't failed it, but I feel I've made some strategic errors with my management of wishes and careers which might give me trouble further on. Now, my question is this: If I restart, do I roll a new random founder, or is it ok to go with the same randomized founder I used the first time? I rather like her and would be happy to use her again if it's allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
I really don't like to pester but this is a burning question of mine. Can spares move out?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »
Yes spares can move out,in fact I would highly reccomend that spares move out. Also spares can be caked up whenever a player wants. Spouses can also be moved out if wanted.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
I'm pondering maybe restarting the challenge. I haven't failed it, but I feel I've made some strategic errors with my management of wishes and careers which might give me trouble further on. Now, my question is this: If I restart, do I roll a new random founder, or is it ok to go with the same randomized founder I used the first time? I rather like her and would be happy to use her again if it's allowed.

As long as it's a YA founder that you created and you hit the random button once to get her traits - go for it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2012, 03:37:25 PM »
Excellent, I will do that then. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
Perfect, I'll do the same. I only got about 2 days of play in anyway, but after I went to bed, I realised that I picked a pretty stupid career/LTW combination and created more stress for myself. I don't like the occult specific LTW taking up 2/5 slots available.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
I wonder does Imaginary friend count as an exclusive non-normal best friend?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »
I wonder does Imaginary friend count as an exclusive non-normal best friend?

It would but just make sure not to make the IF real because then it would become a household member and for the purposes of the BF heir requirements, they cannot be household members.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »
Can we make them real and then immediately move them out?

anything