Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898273 times)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2012, 03:40:52 AM »
Aw jeez, I had a response carefully typed out that I almost finished, and I had to go ahead and hit the wrong button. Bye-bye perfectly crafted response.  ::)

Anyway, samoht is the closest to what I meant - as long as none of the heirs use a given skill certificate (let's say logic) for a career reward, all of the heirs can max logic, assuming none of the skill challenges are repeated as per the dynasty rules. This would not be possible with all skills due to the nature of the challenges and other considerations, but would be very doable with others, logic among them.

Before I turn this into a stream of consciousness essay and ramble on more than I have, it's about 12:30am where I am, and my brain is catching up to my eyelids as far as sleepiness goes. Goodnight moon...

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2012, 08:10:37 AM »
Anyway, samoht is the closest to what I meant - as long as none of the heirs use a given skill certificate (let's say logic) for a career reward, all of the heirs can max logic, assuming none of the skill challenges are repeated as per the dynasty rules.

Exactly. Thanks, samo. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
I'm planning to start in Moonlight Falls, but there aren't any empty lots in the town that my founder can move into. I have this sneaking suspicion it's a glitch, because there should be. Am I permitted to either bulldoze something or re-zone an empty community lot to residential so my poor founder can move in somewhere?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:55 AM »
There should be several but for some reason a lot of the empty lots are set as parks.   Go ahead and choose one but if you want a dynasty lot size - I would do the one that's normally not a community lot in my game which is 29 S Falls.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

thesweetestpea

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
There should be several but for some reason a lot of the empty lots are set as parks.   Go ahead and choose one but if you want a dynasty lot size - I would do the one that's normally not a community lot in my game which is 29 S Falls.

Okay, thanks. All of what should have been empty lots were either zoned as community or had a building, so I'll go in and decide what to change when I look at the town properly.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »
There is a way to start with a ghost without having Supernatural.  Just as long as you are patched.  It just means saving a ghost to your bin.   I know I saw an article on SimsVIP about it right before Supernatural came out so you should be able to find it and look at the instructions there.
Thanks, Rica.  Although now I've started playing with the idea, I like Plan B better.  (Awkward? Moi?)

I have another question.  Sorry.  The rules say 'You may also have some liberty with Edit Town by juggling empty lots — i.e. changing 2 small empty lots to 1 larger one, or vice versa.'  After all the Showtime lots are added to Twinbrook, it only leaves four or five empty lots, all 20x30 - but two of them are next to each other.  Could I replace those two with a single 30x30 and move my founder in there?  It's OK if not - I think I can manage on a 20x30 by building a tall house with basements.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
Go ahead.  It's already stated that you can and Metro has no problem with you doing that for your starting lot.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Hey guys.  I just started my first gen a couple days ago and all was going well until I encountered this problem; when I max out a skill I get no reward certificate in the mail.  It's also not in my inventory or family inventory.  The mailbox only ever has bills in it, no other interactions. 

This is only the second sim I've ever created, and the last one maxed several skills and never got anything in the mail...I actually didn't even know I was supposed to get a certificate until reading the rules for this challenge. So it seems like an ongoing bug for me. 

Has anyone else encountered this recently? I was of course planning on using these for my placeable career reward requirements, so I have to no idea what to do :(

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »
Hey guys.  I just started my first gen a couple days ago and all was going well until I encountered this problem; when I max out a skill I get no reward certificate in the mail.  It's also not in my inventory or family inventory.  The mailbox only ever has bills in it, no other interactions. 

This is only the second sim I've ever created, and the last one maxed several skills and never got anything in the mail...I actually didn't even know I was supposed to get a certificate until reading the rules for this challenge. So it seems like an ongoing bug for me. 

Has anyone else encountered this recently? I was of course planning on using these for my placeable career reward requirements, so I have to no idea what to do :(

I know Alchemy has no certificate. What skills are you maxing?

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
My founder for this challenge maxed fishing several sim days ago.

*Edit* Immediately after answering your question Metro I checked my mailbox and saw the "Get Mail" interaction.  So my sim ditched her boyfriend to rush across town to check her mail, and sure enough it was her certificate! Yay!!   I swear it was like last week sim time that I maxed fishing.  I'm new at this so maybe it always takes a while to receive your certificate?  Or maybe mine just got lost in the mail, hehe.  Anyway crisis averted, thank you :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »
I hadn't noticed until now but my Sim hasn't received her Gardening certificate and it's been sim weeks since she maxed Gardening. I was counting on that as well for her career reward. And they have only had the option to "get Bills" from the mailbox as well. My other file that I started after Supernatural did not have this problem. She got her book that she wrote but as far as I am aware, no certificate. I will check to make sure when I get in game again.

By samoht04

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Just for future reference... Do we HAVE to move in a spouse or can we just procreate without getting married? I know adoption is out, but sometimes I don't like the bachelor/ette sims lol.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
As far as I know there isn't a rule that says you have to move a spouse in,I myself am moving them in so I can get the 5k wish to get married and if required the 5k wish to have first child.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
I have a quick question: for the two unique career/reward items would the reward certificate for mastering Gardening + the Gardener Trophy be sufficient? It'll be unique - no other heir will even touch a plant. Sorry if this has been asked!

anything