Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906697 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2012, 04:51:26 AM »
Great list! I hope they link it to the rules. You could add "Discover all Potions" under Logic for people who have Generations.

Thanks MarianT! The potions challenge is added to the list. I also like your list. It comes in very handy!

Odie - That list is beautiful.   I will be linking to it soon from the rules/FAQ.   If you want, I'll add the potions one myself as soon as I get the name of it from another file.

Thanks Ricalynn! I see you have already linked it to the rules and added the potions one. Of course that is ok. I feel very honored! :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

thesweetestpea

« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2012, 06:54:01 AM »
I've dropped another glitch that is making no sense to me. I've created my founder as a fairy in CAS, but when I drop her into Moonlight Falls, she's human. I've tried a factory reset, switching my game's language to English and back, clearing my caches and recreating her. Does anyone know the source of the bug, and may I please have permission to either use an elixir on her or try editing her in CAS as soon as I start a new game and see if I can get her to her fairy state? I have tried to get her in more than once and it does exactly the same thing every time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2012, 07:03:56 AM »
I've dropped another glitch that is making no sense to me. I've created my founder as a fairy in CAS, but when I drop her into Moonlight Falls, she's human. I've tried a factory reset, switching my game's language to English and back, clearing my caches and recreating her. Does anyone know the source of the bug, and may I please have permission to either use an elixir on her or try editing her in CAS as soon as I start a new game and see if I can get her to her fairy state? I have tried to get her in more than once and it does exactly the same thing every time.

As to the source of the bug, unfortunately I am clueless. Maybe Rica or someone else knows what's going on. But, yes, you have permission to do what's necessary to get your founder to a fairy state in Moonlight Falls. Now, if you'd start a new game in MF you'd be able to create a fairy no problem right? The issue is because you're wanting to bring in s Sim you have already created?

thesweetestpea

« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2012, 07:06:55 AM »
As to the source of the bug, unfortunately I am clueless. Maybe Rica or someone else knows what's going on. But, yes, you have permission to do what's necessary to get your founder to a fairy state in Moonlight Falls. Now, if you'd start a new game in MF you'd be able to create a fairy no problem right? The issue is because you're wanting to bring in s Sim you have already created?

I'm just about to do some testing to see if I can get other supernaturals or fairies that I created without taking them out of the bin into Moonlight Falls. I saved my Sim with the randomized traits to the bin first as a fairy, then I set her appearance and clothes the next day after closing the game. That's the only thing I can think of that might have done it.

Edit: Libordo Virués the genie got into the game fine from startup, as did Honorina Ferrero the fairy. I'm not going to do any more testing, but my guess is that the bug was caused by me saving my founder as a fairy and then editing her, so if anyone else gets it that is probably why.

Edit2: I changed her to a human and back to a fairy in CAS to fix it, but I also had to edit her wings so they were the color I intended them to be again. She's a fairy now, so I hope it's all okay.

Edit3: Agh, it botched her lifetime wish as well (randomized it I think). I'm going to go in and change it and assume that cleaning up the changes caused by her loss of fairy status is okay.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
I have another question... 

Founder completed his requirements and then had fairy triplets.  The triplets are now toddlers.  During the training and teaching, I have come to dislike one of them (poor combination of traits have caused significant refusing to be trained).  This particular toddler, Marina, is definitely not going to be heir so I am currently focusing on the other two, Riley and Ginette, to make a decision on heir. 

Can I go ahead and age up Marina to child, then teen, then young adult, and move her out?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2012, 09:52:33 AM »
As far as I am aware spares can be aged up and moved out whenever you want,but if you want to wait for either Metro or Rica to confirm that is up to you.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »
My interpretation also is I can age them up early, but I just wanted to confirm it.  ;D
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »
Edit3: Agh, it botched her lifetime wish as well (randomized it I think). I'm going to go in and change it and assume that cleaning up the changes caused by her loss of fairy status is okay.

That's fine and I am glad that you got it working for you.

I have another question... 

Founder completed his requirements and then had fairy triplets.  The triplets are now toddlers.  During the training and teaching, I have come to dislike one of them (poor combination of traits have caused significant refusing to be trained).  This particular toddler, Marina, is definitely not going to be heir so I am currently focusing on the other two, Riley and Ginette, to make a decision on heir. 

Can I go ahead and age up Marina to child, then teen, then young adult, and move her out?

Like Rachel said when it comes to spares there are no restrictions on aging up or moving out.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »
I think I'm encountering a glitch that I just wanted to share with you, and make sure it's okay for me to continue.  Everytime I save and quit, and then come back to my save file, my lunar cycle is reset to Waxing Crescent (2 days until full moon).  I can see how this might be a problem for a challenge file, but I am also getting zombies all day every day, regardless of whether or not there is a full moon.  If someone finds out a way to fix this without losing the file, I am willing to hear it, but I do not want to have to start over again for something that I can't control.  Please advise on whether I can still go for the HOF.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »
I think I'm encountering a glitch that I just wanted to share with you, and make sure it's okay for me to continue.  Everytime I save and quit, and then come back to my save file, my lunar cycle is reset to Waxing Crescent (2 days until full moon).  I can see how this might be a problem for a challenge file, but I am also getting zombies all day every day, regardless of whether or not there is a full moon.  If someone finds out a way to fix this without losing the file, I am willing to hear it, but I do not want to have to start over again for something that I can't control.  Please advise on whether I can still go for the HOF.

For the zombies - you have permission to use the Population Control to get rid of them to see if that will help with that problem.  MarianT is also getting the glitch about the lunar cycle resetting every time you load.  I have a glitch where occasionally it will be a full moon even though I set it to be waxing gibbous all the time. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
Rica-
Population control doesn't give an option for zombies.  I'm stuck with them since I didn't buy the version that comes with a peashooter.  I can deal with them, I just wanted you guys to know it's happening, in case it would disqualify me.
I would like to ask another question here, and then I will also post it in another thread.  My fairy, Taryn, has sold almost $400,000 in the consignment store, but still has only an excellent reputation (not impressive).  I have never messed with the consignment store before, so I am wondering if she should be at impressive by now, or if I need to just keep going.  I have replaced the store a few times, and have been cancelling my consignments.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »
Magicians do get the box of mysteri and the box of danger can these count as the two carreer rewards?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:45 PM »
The two boxes disappear as soon as you quit or retire so they aren't actually something you receive as a reward.

Rica-
Population control doesn't give an option for zombies.  I'm stuck with them since I didn't buy the version that comes with a peashooter.  I can deal with them, I just wanted you guys to know it's happening, in case it would disqualify me.
I would like to ask another question here, and then I will also post it in another thread.  My fairy, Taryn, has sold almost $400,000 in the consignment store, but still has only an excellent reputation (not impressive).  I have never messed with the consignment store before, so I am wondering if she should be at impressive by now, or if I need to just keep going.  I have replaced the store a few times, and have been cancelling my consignments.

No there is a special cheat that will get rid of zombies.  You can see my instructions on how to do so here.

It's a known thing that can happen with consignment store.  Just keep going and I think there are some threads about it under Ambitions.  I will look to see if I can come up with an answer for you.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
It's a known thing that can happen with consignment store.  Just keep going and I think there are some threads about it under Ambitions.  I will look to see if I can come up with an answer for you.

Yep, the Consignment Store reputation can take a long time to finish and is bugged. I have had to sell close to half a mil of goodies to finally get the skill challenge to darken despite the fact that my reputation in the stats listing said I had already done so.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
Thanks, Rica I will do that to get rid of the zombies...I didn't know about that cheat.