Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 118789 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »
When you invent things they come out at varying qualities.  Sometimes it will say Improved, I can't remember the other descriptors at the moment but hopefully you get the idea.  Could it be that your time machine isn't a very high quality one?  Try making another and see if it works better. :)

That's a very good point, Aria.  I'll have to try different time machines and see what happens.  At this point, time travel seems like a complete waste of time to me - several hours gone, and my sim winds up with some piece of junk and a bad mood.  :P

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2010, 04:07:22 PM »
I've had my sim come back with some pretty awesome moodlets.  Once for a fantastic meal, another for "great adventure".  I've only had a few bad trips.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »
That's a very good point, Aria.  I'll have to try different time machines and see what happens.  At this point, time travel seems like a complete waste of time to me - several hours gone, and my sim winds up with some piece of junk and a bad mood.  :P

I didn't realize they had different quality - I guess it makes sense though.  Maybe that explains why the ones from the consignment store give me more bad adventures than good!  :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
Now that makes me wonder if there is a difference in the ones you build and the ones you buy at the consignment store.  Maybe they are in the store for a reason, lol.  I have built only one and bought one and really couldn't say if there is a difference in the trips, sounded good though.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 05:06:01 PM »
Now that makes me wonder if there is a difference in the ones you build and the ones you buy at the consignment store.  Maybe they are in the store for a reason, lol.  I have built only one and bought one and really couldn't say if there is a difference in the trips, sounded good though.

In the consignment store...maybe its 2nd hand, all good adventures are used up so someone sold it.   :D

Also makes you wonder if the very first time machine differs in quality to the one you make when you are a master inventor?  What makes them different quality?  Can someone skilled in handiness upgrade the time machine?   Hummm.... I feel a experiment coming on.  

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
  can someone skilled in handiness upgrade the time machine?   hummm.... I feel a experiment coming on. 

Speaking of experiments, I wonder if scientists can do experiments on the time machine?  That might be interesting.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »
You can't upgrade it with the handiness skill nor give it some cool buffs with the scientist's crazy weapon. I think the Master inventions are way better than ordinaries, because when I replaced my old machine to a master one I got 2 outfits in a row. The miner also seems to find better stuff when it's a Master Miner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »
Wow, that's great to know! Back to the inventing bench!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2010, 01:07:47 AM »
Just got another outfit from Future time travel...didn't see a picture of this one on here yet so I thought I'd add it :)

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2010, 02:17:16 AM »
Wow, I need to make a female inventor!

You can't upgrade it with the handiness skill nor give it some cool buffs with the scientist's crazy weapon. I think the Master inventions are way better than ordinaries, because when I replaced my old machine to a master one I got 2 outfits in a row. The miner also seems to find better stuff when it's a Master Miner.

Are you guys able to accomplish things like Master inventions while on Normal lifespan? I'm playing a legacy on Normal now, but I don't know whether it'd be worth it to pursue such challenging accomplishments with such a short life.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010, 02:38:59 AM »
Wow, I need to make a female inventor!

Are you guys able to accomplish things like Master inventions while on Normal lifespan? I'm playing a legacy on Normal now, but I don't know whether it'd be worth it to pursue such challenging accomplishments with such a short life.

It just takes time to get used to the game, but it can be done.
When I first started playing sims and even when sims 3 came out I had a really hard time completing my LTW's and I hardly ever maxed out skills. But now that I know more about the game and know how to better utilize my time in game, I can do it with ease. Right now one of my wishmasters (and I know their lifespans are set to Long...but just an example) has maxed scultping, painting, almost maxed inventing (one point away) and level 7 handiness, as well as level 5 cooking and 2 logic...and she JUST hit adult.

So once you get more used to the game you'll be able to achieve more.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 02:45:01 AM »
Your point is well-taken, and I'm sure experience will help me tremendously, but I see I may not have made myself clear, in that I was speaking not of just reaching level 10 in a skill, but in this case:

Master Inventor
At 100 big inventions built, you unlock this beauty of a reward. Big Inventions consume 20% less scrap, sell for 10% higher value and are completed about 10% faster. All widgets and toys are also built 'Masterfully' and jump up tremendously in value. This makes cheap toys fast money makers.

Those kinds of skill challenges are hugely time-consuming.

And way to go on that Wishmasters challenge!!

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 03:02:53 AM »
Your point is well-taken, and I'm sure experience will help me tremendously, but I see I may not have made myself clear, in that I was speaking not of just reaching level 10 in a skill, but in this case:

Master Inventor
At 100 big inventions built, you unlock this beauty of a reward. Big Inventions consume 20% less scrap, sell for 10% higher value and are completed about 10% faster. All widgets and toys are also built 'Masterfully' and jump up tremendously in value. This makes cheap toys fast money makers.

Those kinds of skill challenges are hugely time-consuming.

And way to go on that Wishmasters challenge!!

Ahh, I see.
Hmm, I would think the best way to go about that one is making the Floor Hygienator (i think thats what it's called?) over and over as it's the least time consuming and scrap consuming. According to the guide on this site, they take about 1.25 hours each to make. I'm pretty sure it could be done it normal lifespan...just have an antisocial inventor who invents, eats, and sleeps :) lol

But wait, you said this was your legacy, huh? Hmm, probably wouldn't work in that setting. lol. It's hard to get things like that achieved in big families, no matter how experienced you are! :)

MLBerry

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2010, 09:52:29 AM »
I tend to go into the future.  The only time I went into the past I got a new job and I had maxed out the old one!

Leto85

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »
I tend to go into the future.  The only time I went into the past I got a new job and I had maxed out the old one!

He cool, you may somehow have changed your past! I never experienced that, although I know it is possible.