Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 142402 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2012, 09:30:03 AM »
As a frequent game starter, I can assure you that you never get the money for the other house.  I've moved in all kinds of people through marriage and friendship and the sim brought over almost always just brings either §5000 or §20000 based on their lifestyle plus their inventory items.  You never get their starting funds or money from their furniture.   A good example of this proof is any dynasty thread story in the first 5 posts.   Take Pam's Dreamweaver Dynasty for a solid example.   Carina moved Chris in through marriage and all they got was about §8000.   Chris's house, the Garden Cottage, is worth at least §30,000. 

As far as I can tell the bank considers everything not owned by you, owned by the bank.   Each household is worth either §5000 or §20000 and that's all you're allowed to get if you have them move in with you.  If you move in with them and then move back into your house, then you'll get the money for the house as it's sold because you actually owned it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »
Also if you move Agnes in through Marriage she only brings in $20,000 when her house is worth a lot more. It's just the funds she has in her account. To get the fully benefit she needs to have her Car on her.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2012, 04:12:26 PM »
I guess I was confusing marriage-move-ins with merge household and such. Which is against the rules but I still do it, heh.

Thanks, guys.

Also, isn't it weird that everyone who replied about this issue other than me is a mod or admin?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »
I guess I was confusing marriage-move-ins with merge household and such. Which is against the rules but I still do it, heh.

Thanks, guys.

Also, isn't it weird that everyone who replied about this issue other than me is a mod or admin?

Of course not!  Even before I became a moderator, I felt this was one of the friendliest and most helpful forum staffs I've ever come across.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »

It helped that I sent a message to all the moderators asking for help.  And this is still one of the threads that notifies me when a new post is made, so I got it in my email as soon as you posted the question.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »
It helped that I sent a message to all the moderators asking for help.  And this is still one of the threads that notifies me when a new post is made, so I got it in my email as soon as you posted the question.  :D

I had a long conspiracy theory typed out as to why all of the moderators are stalking my posts, and then I saw that. Heh, I must be special.

Leto85

« Reply #321 on: July 22, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
I had a long conspiracy theory typed out as to why all of the moderators are stalking my posts, and then I saw that. Heh, I must be special.

Special enough to get help here, when one of us detect you need it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »
I attempted a relaxed legacy (not playing for points) and all my founder owned was a guitar and a sleeping bag. And as I was working for a spouse I realized how much I cheated on relationships. Sims are soo slow!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #323 on: September 03, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »
Am gearing up to try my first Immortal Legacy.  I even dreamed of my founder last night.  Some of these tips are ingenious.  Many thanks. 

I think I really ought to do a legacy of, for example,  three first as 1., I hate big households and 2., I hate toddlers.  Why am I even thinking of doing a Legacy!?! :o No, it's because I love a challenge.  And it helps be procrastinate from job hunting.
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: September 03, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
Am gearing up to try my first Immortal Legacy.  I even dreamed of my founder last night.  Some of these tips are ingenious.  Many thanks. 

I think I really ought to do a legacy of, for example,  three first as 1., I hate big households and 2., I hate toddlers.  Why am I even thinking of doing a Legacy!?! :o No, it's because I love a challenge.  And it helps be procrastinate from job hunting.

Are you going to do an Immortal Dynasty or a legacy?   Like I've said in other places, I hate to nitpick but on this forum they are two separate things and there is no such thing as an immortal legacy. 

Welcome to the forum and I can't wait to read your story if you post it.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
« Reply #325 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:38 AM »
Ricalynn, Immortal Dynasty!  Sorry for my mistake. 

Upon consideration, I don't think I've ever consciously met all the goals needed with a single sim in any sort of organised way, so today I have started an Immortal Dynasty of one. Which isn't much of a dynasty, but it's a start. 

Staring at the rules, with the supermaxing and the 6 best friends and the maxed it career looks so daunting!  But clearly it can be done, so I'm going to stay positive and start slow.  I usually abandon a sim after getting the LTW, to be honest, so this is a major change of playing style.

Thanks for the welcome.

EAOdinsdottir
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
It does look daunting, but once you get organized, it actually is fairly easy (time flies!).

What I did in mine is lay out ahead of time which generation does what skill and career, and then focused on that. I do recommend unlocking Charisma skill, and when you can, purchase the Attractive LTR. Once you complete the first Charisma skill challenge (where you have 25 acquaintances), and you add the LTR, you become instant friends with anyone you walk by. Don't be afraid to enslave abuse put to work the spouses/partners. They're a great source of help!

As an example, since I knew ahead of time that I wanted generation 6 to be an inventor, and to get her LTW of Monster Maker, I was able to spend all of the previous generations hunting up 30 Life Fruit, 3 Heart Shaped Pink Diamonds, and 3 Palladium Bars. She literally finished her LTW within 2 days of turning into a Young Adult.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2012, 09:53:49 PM »
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/362585.page - For if you need inspiration/don't want to do the original legacy.
http://www.babynames.com/  - For if you run out of names.

If I think of anything else that is helpful, I'll post it here.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
« Reply #328 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »
@Shirin, now that's organised! 

@Axiom, thanks for that.  I suck at naming sims. I have been known to just chose whatever is in front of me... I once had a sim called Jenny Lemonade.  My favourite family name was Whizbang-Jones!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
I'm ridiculous OCD about organizing things. Once I've recovered from this currenty Dynasty, I already have my 2nd Dynasty names and SuperMax skills in mind.

If you ever need any help or tips, don't forget to check out Ratchie's helpful thread

anything