Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141263 times)

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »
You can find Pinstar's Legacy Challenge rules for Sims 3 HERE.

I had never heard of this challenge but I read it now and I'm going to try it :) I'm excited lol
So thank you, AriaGirl  :D
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »
No problem, Apple.  Glad I could help. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
Does anyone have a printable score card for their legacy?  I have found one online but can't get it to open, might just be my settings as my virus program sometimes fights me on things. 

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »
That was one that I found that I can't get to open.  I did do a save picture as though and although it is a tad tiny it can be used.  I guess I will just go with that.  It just seems so much easy to have a score card of some sort and frankly I was too lazy to sit down and figure out what all needed to be on there, etc.  I really thought there were more scoring points though.  I might be getting my legacy versions mixed up.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
Go to the last page (6) of that thread and the newer versions are downloadable. I had no trouble with those.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2010, 03:46:24 PM »
I'm new to Normal lifespans, so making a Legacy feels rushed to me as I adjust. My sim married Christopher Steel, who joined her household halfway through their Young Adult stage. He had only one level in Fishing, so reaching his Perfect Aquarium LTW sounds hard to me. I registered him as self-employed Angling, but maybe there's a better way to supplement the family income and still get his LTW. The founder is working toward being an astronaut (good pay, short hours).

In addition to getting everyone's LTWs, and raising a family, how on earth do you have time to raise the painting skill on each of your sims in order to paint the portraits?

Any tips on either dilemma would be appreciated.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2010, 06:26:52 PM »
In addition to getting everyone's LTWs, and raising a family, how on earth do you have time to raise the painting skill on each of your sims in order to paint the portraits?

Any tips on either dilemma would be appreciated.

Unless I'm mistaken, you don't have to raise painting on ALL of your sims. For example, my founder married and the guy she married already had some painting skill, so I worked on his and he was able to paint the portrait of the founder. Then one of their children raised his painting skill and was able to paint his portrait. You only have to get the skill to level 5 in order to paint the portrait, so it shouldn't be too bad....you'll only need 2 people in the family at any given time that can paint.

I've been having a lot of fun with my legacy...I'm on generation 3 as of right now and it's starting to get pretty hectic. My 2nd generation girl married and her husband turned to elder the next day  ::) So therefore I'm struggling to get his LTW completed before he dies lol. He too is an angler and has the perfect aquarium LTW. My founder was a gardener, though, and has a very nice garden of perfect plants, which helps a lot with his fishing. Much easier to get perfect fish if you have perfect bait :) hehe   :P

Edit: Also with the painting....Remember that sims can start learning painting skill as a child. That is how I did it with my other guy that knows painting right now. He got his skill to 5 in his child/early teen time.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »
You only need to get a level 5 painter, it doesn't have to be a good quality painting though, use the Sim who has less to do!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
Now I wish I'd started with a gardener, which is a nice legacy for future generations. But I went for the high pay. The baby is coming and all she can afford is walls for her tiny shoebox home. It is nice to have the pond right next to the Sunset Valley legacy lot, though.

When I was sizing up a fireman for a mate, I noticed he only had 3 or 4 traits, with no "unknown" traits, so I didn't choose him. Would he have been a poor mate with only a partial personality?

I'd like to know what people's favorite Founder careers are.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
With the painter, I usually have someone in my second generation become the first family artist.  The founder is elderly when she gets her portrait, but it still counts.  Also note that at level 5, the artist can do a still life, which can be centered on another Sim to make a portrait.  Then at level 7, I believe, there is an actual portrait option and you don't have to position the camera because the Sim comes to the easel and you just snap the picture.  Also, you don't need more than one artist at a time because he can use the still life option to do a self-portrait.

@LlamaMama:  Those firemen are NPCs and don't have the full set of traits.  It doesn't make them a bad catch, but they obviously will have less going on with their personality than a regular townie with 5 traits.

Leighton Sekemoto was my Dreamweaver founder's husband.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
I appreciate the tips!

I just discovered something nice for starting sims. When you first put up walls and if you can't afford floors or paint, you get the -10 moodlet for an unfinished house. I knocked out one wall so that the roof wouldn't pop up on its own, and the negative moodlet went away, as the game treated the house as living outdoors.

@Pam: I tried catching Leighton Sekemoto but his athlete career hours were exactly opposite the astronaut hours of my founder. On several occasions she'd start talking to him and his ride would whisk him away in seconds.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »
Pam's suggestions are excellent.  I always have the founder paint on their time off work, and then once they can do a still life I position the camera angle to face them before clicking "paint still life" so that I can get them into the picture.  Once I get that painting out of the way I raise their skill to 7 so that they can do actual portraits.  I'm usually able to only have 1 painter per generation, the first generation is the hardest, after that it's easy because kids can learn to paint.

Anyway, I'm just repeating Pam at this point!  ;D

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2010, 07:02:07 PM »
I have a real problem, I think. I picked the military career for my female founder because she'd work only a few days (eventually one day), and be paid well. But maternity leave is a huge issue. She was at level 4 of her career (astronaut LTW) when she had her first baby, and her maternity leave was set for 11 days due to the few work days. She got pregnant again right away while still on leave, and so by the time she can return to work she'll be 8 days away from being an elder! Will they let her progress to astronaut (military level 10) if she's an elder at that point?

While she's at home she's advancing her requisite skills in hopes of speeding up the promotions once she gets back, plus she's getting a garden going. Is it possible to return to work early? Is this as big a problem as I think it might be, or is it just my unfamiliarity with a Normal lifespan?

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
I have a real problem, I think. I picked the military career for my female founder because she'd work only a few days (eventually one day), and be paid well. But maternity leave is a huge issue. She was at level 4 of her career (astronaut LTW) when she had her first baby, and her maternity leave was set for 11 days due to the few work days. She got pregnant again right away while still on leave, and so by the time she can return to work she'll be 8 days away from being an elder! Will they let her progress to astronaut (military level 10) if she's an elder at that point?

She will still be able to progress in her career after she is an elder.
But I know, that maternity leave can be annoying. As far as I know there is no way to get out of it early "/

anything