Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141296 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »
Ah, thanks. I'm encouraged.

Do you guys play WA content with your legacies, or is it too risky to the lineage, with the glitches and all?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:01 AM »
If your founder is a female, it's always a good idea to have an LTW that doesn't involve a career just because of the maternity leave problems.  Something like Surrounded by Family, Perfect Garden, Culinary Librarian, etc. work out better because she can do them while raising children.

When your astronaut-to-be goes back to work, try using the "Work Hard" tone to get the most out of her time on the job.  Having the skills up is a good idea, too. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:08 AM »
I've been avoiding WA in legacies myself, though it gets really annoying when your only job ops involve travel. Mainly it's due to all the bugged issues WA can cause and too because it can be an easy money route starting out.

I like virtuoso to start out with for my founder, but i'll go the career route if I want more of a challenge.

Another thing is, I don't even mess with bed on an empty lot nonsense. My founder will get a network of friends to sponge off until having enough money to build a house. I'll have the founder spend the night at someones house...eat there, shower, watch their tv if they have a good one, and sleep in the best bed they have. Remember to sponge in that order because they tend to get upset if you do all the showering and cooking after waking up in the morning.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2010, 02:04:16 AM »
The Inappropriate But In A Good Way lifetime reward would come in handy in that situation.  You could just help yourself to your friend's house with no worries.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2010, 02:20:28 AM »
Inappropriate sims sink bathe don't they? One of my sims did that in the middle of a party with a houseful of people. She just got undressed at the kitchen sink and started bathing right in front of everyone. :D

For my sims it's usually more of a survival issue than a lack of manners.

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2010, 02:41:11 AM »
Pam is talking about the lifetime reward "Inappropriate but in a Good Way" not the "Inappropriate" trait :)
With the LTR people won't ever think "x is acting inappropriately, if she continues I'll ask her to leave"
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2010, 02:57:21 AM »
Right.  It's two separate things.  The lifetime reward doesn't negate any of the things associated with the Inappropriate trait, but you can do things inside people's houses without getting yelled at or kicked out. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 03:35:56 AM »
Does that work for kleptos if they get caught stealing inside a friend's house?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 04:36:34 AM »
Kleptos can only steal when nobody else is around, so they don't really get caught that I've seen.  It would make it easier for them to gain access to a house overnight, though, which would be helpful for stealing stuff when the rest of the household is sleeping.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 06:05:10 AM »
Now I wish I'd started with a gardener, which is a nice legacy for future generations.

I always start my legacies with a gardener. He has the Perfect Garden LTW and the Loves the Outdoors trait. He spends a lot of time outdoors since he can't afford a big house so he might as well take advantage of it.

Gardening is definitely a big help for future generations. Perfect ingredients for cooking provide great meal moodlets and perfect bait makes it easier to catch perfect fish. I also try to provide for future generations by starting out in careers with tangible rewards. My first founder's wife was in Law Enforcement (police cruiser) and their two sons were in Culinary (fridge) and Symphonic Music (stereo).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
Plus, if the founder is a gardener, money trees will keep the family wealthy for generations. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »
Since my astronaut wanna-be is stuck at home for the equivalent of decades, she's gardening a lot, and just planted her first special seeds.

I really wish there were another way to get the travel chests! They really need one to keep perfect fish and produce. When my angler gets a perfect fish for his LTW, he either cooks it or if I give it to her for safe-keeping, she fertilizes the plants with it. They can't afford tables and fishbowls yet, and would probably forget to feed them daily anyway. Oy.

How do you make enough money with a gardener as founder?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »

How do you make enough money with a gardener as founder?

By planting tons of special seeds when you reach level 7 gardener.  You are looking for those money trees and the seeds will sprout on the second day after planting and then you can move your plants around to make your garden neater and easier to manage for your sim.  Another great way is to pick up those items from the junkyard that need to be repaired, save up quite a few of the electronics and bookcases and then call the repair person.  $50 and you can then take all the books from the different bookcases and then sell the bookcase itself along with whatever electronics you are willing to part with.  I usually sell everything to start out with until I get a little cushion, then start saving the dishwasher, washer, dryer and stereos.  I also always save the books and I will save the upscale bookcase.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 07:52:21 PM »
I don't see how you can make it all the way to ten, it gets so boring after awhile once you've bought everything. After two or three generations your sims don't even really have anything to do except stare at the huge tv on the wall and count the money when it comes in.

I'm lucky if I can get myself motivated past the first generation of legacy.  :D

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 08:35:10 PM »
That's good advice, wildredchild. I like your idea of keeping the money trees and ditching the other specials on the 2nd day. Less time and resources to waste in the early days. I'd forgotten about the junkyard too.

I'm already wanting to start over! How do you all stick with it when you doubt your decisions?