Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141235 times)

Offline Pielord

• Townie
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2010, 07:16:31 AM »
About the Legacy challenge by Pinstar. Can I use martial arts and transmute, etc for tiberium and the super expensive ores? Is that prohibited? It seems like it'll ruin the idea.

Also, what about going on holiday? Won't that separate their lifespan times or interfere and stuff? Another thing, is the moodlet manager considered cheating? Don't know if he mentioned it.

I lover these signatures by the way.
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »
This is just my personal opinion, but if Pinstar doesn't care enough to update the rules when the EPs come out, then we should not feel bad for making judgement calls.  I don't see why you couldn't use Martial Arts for Tiberium.

Also, the moodlet manager has always been allowed in the legacy.  If you earned the points for it, you should be allowed to have it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »
Thanks, I think that holidays should be allowed, but only if people take the Entire household, seems fair, no? About the martial arts....well collecting generally and training martial arts for the eventual perk of getting tiberium will take Forever and require alot of effort while managing the whole family, so if people can manage, it sounds fair to me. Life time rewards are quite a mission to get so I suppose it's to be allowed, but I don't really now if it'll ruin legacies or not. I'd need some more advice and opinions on that one, is Pinstar still here or hasn't anyone seen him?

I just started my legacy and so far it's really fun. I decided to follow the rules to the letter and just test out how hard challenges are. OMG I did NOT like starting out as a hobo. I currently have a bedroom and everything else is outside....even the baby crib... still loving it though.

What's this whole thing about writing legacy stories? Anyone mind explaining? I'm a bit confused.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

What's this whole thing about writing legacy stories? Anyone mind explaining? I'm a bit confused.

There are some people who enjoy writing a story around their legacy family (or really any family).  It's just something fun to do and readers enjoy it.  If you want to do this, you can set up a blog for it or just use our Stories Board to start a topic for your story, then you just make new posts as you have new chapters ready.

p.s. Did you receive my private message?  I was hoping for a reply.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
Wow! Sounds fun, I sooo want read and write Sim life stories, epic... Thanks.

Hmm sorry I haven't being paying attention to my messages, will fix as soon as possible.

Oh my word you will not believe what happened about 5 seconds ago, Ah I'm so upset.

I was busy with my brand new legacy family's game, the second generation was just born (cutest little demon ever haha), when..... well let me explain first. I have been playing since the very first post about legacy families when someone explained them to me, that's a good couple of hours of intense Simming (do not know if that's an acceptable term), when my computer crashed and I realised that I had made the biggest Sim amateur mistake Ever... I hadn't saved since I moved the 1st generation in.  :(

Sigh. Try #2 here I go.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »
Sigh. Try #2 here I go.

Yeah, save often. You'll learn quickly to do that. :)

I recommend starting a new thread to keep everyone updated on the progress of your Legacy in the Stories section. Good luck.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
I'm not sure, from what I've heard my language skills are not quite up to scratch LOL. From three moderators in about one day actually. I'll try it out, I like the idea, and if people like my writing then I'll carry on. Thanks.

BTW am I allowed to reply this often or is there a limit?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
If you look through the thread, you'll see that I reply quite often. I'm new to Sims, so I always have many questions. So far, everyone's been hugely helpful and I've had no complaints. I enjoy seeing that I'm not the only one with legacy questions!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2010, 02:34:34 PM »
Haha cool. Love your name by the way, hilarious. Especially if you say it ten times really fast.    :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »
@Pielord:  You can reply as much as you want.  Just be sure to stay familiar with the Forum Rules and you'll be just fine.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2010, 07:05:50 PM »
What happens to non-blood relations in Legacies? People don't seem to mention much of them except when they use them for money or taking care of children. Do you move them out? Still treat them as family? Are they allowed in the family Legacy graveyard? Anyone know?

(Yes! only 3902 posts to go to catch up with Pam!) ROFL

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2010, 08:28:41 PM »
You are allowed to move non-related sims in but they don't count in scoring.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »
If I added my post number from the official sims forums to the one here, I might be closer to Pam.   :D

I might try a family trait of insane and see how that goes.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »
What happens to non-blood relations in Legacies? People don't seem to mention much of them except when they use them for money or taking care of children. Do you move them out? Still treat them as family? Are they allowed in the family Legacy graveyard? Anyone know?

(Yes! only 3902 posts to go to catch up with Pam!) ROFL

My non-blood relations were always a spouse, so they stayed in the household and were buried in the family cemetary.  Spouses had their own section, though, separate from the blood family.  There was one exception that I recall.  It was the new wife of one of the blood members.  She had come up behind another wife and started fighting with her (the brawl kind of fight).  They didn't know each other and the other wife was really nice.  It just really ticked me off, so as soon as she had the baby, I had her husband break up with her and kicked her out.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2010, 01:35:01 PM »
Ooo harsh. Justified though. Thanks, I'll probably also keep spouses in a cemetery with the family bloodline.