Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141258 times)

Offline paulabelle

• Llama Wrangler
  • "wear your heart on your skin in this life"
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »
I'm on the fifth generation and my heir is having trouble finding himself a wife. All the eligobles girls have turned vampires! My question is: is it okay if I switch off vampire population for my 'hood? If not, how can I turn them back to Sims?

Another related question: my neighborhood doesn't have enough females, and most are elder... How can I deal with this situation? Any suggestions from the more experienced challenge players??

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #346 on: November 18, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »
Is this for a regular ol' legacy or one of Metro's dynasties? If it's the former (which is what this thread is for, not dynasties), then you can do whatever the heck you want. If it's a dynasty, then you can't without forfeiting your HoF status.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline paulabelle

• Llama Wrangler
  • "wear your heart on your skin in this life"
« Reply #347 on: November 18, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »
Is this for a regular ol' legacy or one of Metro's dynasties? If it's the former (which is what this thread is for, not dynasties), then you can do whatever the heck you want. If it's a dynasty, then you can't without forfeiting your HoF status.

It is a regular legacy, pinstar rules and all... Well, that makes me relieved, since those vampires were starting to get on my nerves! Thanks!!!

Offline JoJoJo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #348 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »
The real life parent in me prompted me to put up fences around the pools as soon as my sim got pregnant. Is it even possible for sim children to drown or get hit by a car? How closely do I need to keep an eye on them around the house? Oy, my stay-at-home trait is showing...

I'm assuming anyone can die from meteors.

My Sim discovered a meteor and the husband got killed. I am still trying to get them engaged again and eventually get engaged.

Offline Alyse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
I have a new legacy question about cheating. :P

I loathe the roof lights. They don't disappear when you zoom in and they obstruct your view.

What if I move all my roof lights to the family inventory (so I still paid for them) and "bought" the invisible lights using the buydebug cheat -- that's not REALLY cheating, is it? Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2013, 08:20:18 PM »
I have a new legacy question about cheating. :P

I loathe the roof lights. They don't disappear when you zoom in and they obstruct your view.

What if I move all my roof lights to the family inventory (so I still paid for them) and "bought" the invisible lights using the buydebug cheat -- that's not REALLY cheating, is it? Thanks!

The rules of Pinstar's legacy are much looser than our Dynasty rules.  I'm sure it would be fine to use the invisible lights. I also like to use lamps and wall lights when a ceiling light isn't what I want.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Shadowkeepernoir

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2013, 05:32:36 PM »
My initial Legacy failed. I've been working out the details on a restart. I notice Lunar Lakes is rarely utilized, I love Sci-Fi, I play a couple stories there and I think it would be fun. I opened up a brand new Lunar Lakes, and placed a test character, after two game weeks of trying and failing at dating (everyone is married, attached, or an available jerk), I was ready to scream. I had already been back and forth over the townie list, cross referenced the wiki and attacked my keyboard with my forehead when I put the question of spouses to the TS3 official forum. The answer: import characters. My knee jerk reaction was, no! that is specifically banned, must be a fresh, clean ,new file with specific properties placed, and no unspecified alterations. I went back and read the rules again:

"Create a brand new game file. You will be using this file exclusively to play your Legacy Challenge. You may use an existing game file, but your Legacy family must immediately become the “Active Household” and not cease to be active for the duration of the challenge. You may select any neighborhood. "

I am very much a by the rules kinda girl, so ..... By my interpretation and understanding I should be able to use a copy of one of my other older game files, which has a bit of story progression (meaning the population has cycled a couple times) as long as my actual heir is new, and active (I would be going in to an existing game doing a save as XXX, then placing a new person on a new clean 64x64 lot). I ask only because I would hate to get involved (I plan to wait a bit longer on posting this time, 4th gen failure kinda burned my cookies) only to find out I've violated a rule, especially such a big one. This would not be "importing characters" which would automatically disqualify them from the gene pool anyhow and feels too much like cheating to me. It would be effective use of story progression to wipe the slate, the evolution of the population would ensure a more balanced method without weighting the odds in any favor. The heir would still have the challenge of finding a spouse who will be born with positive, negative and neutral traits with no input from me, just not circus mix that came stock.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2013, 06:03:14 PM »
@Shadowkeeper:

Have you tried our Dynasty challenges? A big benefit in playing them is that you have plenty of official help to answer questions.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Shadowkeepernoir

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2013, 12:05:06 AM »
I've looked at them and read quite a few. Maybe I'll give the immortal dynasty another look.

Offline lonelygoddess42

• Rain Warrior
  • Nooboo
  • "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have
    • Rain Warrior
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:40 PM »
My issue is that I want to start a legacy, but in Twinbrook. The problem is there is no lot that meets the requirement of costing 14,700$. I looked at the ID lot choices and figured I would use that, but that lot still doesn't bring the funds down to the desired amount stated in the legacy rules. Should I use the family funds cheat, demolish an empty house on a nicer lot, or just pick the lot and be happy with the extra cash?
I don't where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
My issue is that I want to start a legacy, but in Twinbrook. The problem is there is no lot that meets the requirement of costing 14,700$. I looked at the ID lot choices and figured I would use that, but that lot still doesn't bring the funds down to the desired amount stated in the legacy rules. Should I use the family funds cheat, demolish an empty house on a nicer lot, or just pick the lot and be happy with the extra cash?

If you're talking about the legacy written by Pinstar on the official forum, you can really do anything you want because Pinstar has not updated the rules and has said that players can make whatever adjustments are needed.  If you're talking about one of our Dynasty challenges here on our Forum, it would be best to ask the question on the specific challenge thread so you can get official rulings from the Challenge Team.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline lonelygoddess42

• Rain Warrior
  • Nooboo
    • Rain Warrior
« Reply #356 on: January 06, 2014, 10:25:05 PM »
I'm talking about Pinstar's rules. Just not sure what to do here. I know that if I just pick an empty lot I sort of bypass the whole poverty thing since it doesn't cost as much, so should I just get the lot or...?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #357 on: January 06, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
If you want to go the poverty route, bring down the money with the familyfunds cheat. It's hard to interpret Pinstar's rules since they're not updated, but that's what I'd do. Most of the big lots in other towns don't cost as much as the accepted legacy lots in Sunset Valley and Riverview, even if they're of the same size as those ones or even bigger.

Let's just say that you'll also run out of space on that 40x40 lot in Twinbrook faster than you think. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: January 06, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »
I would say to purchase the most expensive lot and then use testing cheats to reduce the family funds to the right amount.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline lonelygoddess42

• Rain Warrior
  • Nooboo
    • Rain Warrior
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2014, 10:45:31 PM »
Let's just say that you'll also run out of space on that 40x40 lot in Twinbrook faster than you think. ;)

That's why I was thinking I would just mess around with the townies and the other empty houses and such, but I'm not sure.

anything