Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141256 times)

Offline Telsey

• Townie
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
Oh I forgot, Jared Frio also is listed as having Natural Cook, Heavy Sleeper, Inappropriate and Party Animal as traits along with the mean-spirited.  The amazing thing to me is how the whole town changes while you play a dynasty.  I went looking around at the houses and they have almost all changed to people I never heard of.  That is kind of fun but it makes me want to play them. 

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
There are usually several "homeless" sims who hang out at the parks, etc. If you go there you can meet them, even though they don't have a home in town to visit. Don't forget the service sims, who can make great spouses (there are some male maids and handymen).
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »
My computer decided it did not like me and crashed so i started again. It was no big loss really I was not getting anywhere.
I was thinking of posting my legacy story in the stories forum here. Not brave enough to tackle a dynasty just yet, plus I am waiting for the husband to get me the expansion packs for my birthday.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »
In my opinion the Maids make great Spouses, well Lana did! She was a great mum to Daphne and the other 6!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »
One thing I learned during the Politcal Traiter challenge, you can meet practically all NPC's by going to the park on a daily basis.  There almost always will be a firefighter, cop, babysitter, maid, repo man, science geek, or magician hanging around.  This is especially true if you go during normal business hours.  When you go to the park, the game will automatically send people there to hang out with your Sim, and if all the Townies are working then the game will send NPC's.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
It's always fun to watch from on high as hordes of sims converge upon the park just because you sent your sim there! Cracks me up every time!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
Just a quick question about marriage between second and third cousins in later legacy generations. I just read that back and it made no sense.
Say you have a spare that moves out and raises a family of his or her own. Grandchildren result from that spare. They are technically blood related to your founder is it o.k for your current heir to marry one of them.
Personally I always think its a bit yucky but what does everyone else think.
I know it has happened in real life I believe Prince Charles and Lady Di had an ancestor in common.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2010, 05:47:24 PM »
Cousins can not be romantic partners. I am not sure about the Children of cousins, but by then two sets of different genes have 'contaminated' the blood and genes of those children that they may be very different and only related through law etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »
I don't know if I explained properly I was thinking more like would it be right for a fourth generation Sim marry a descendant of a first generation spare.
I have found in my legacies that my family members can infiltrate the town. One time I had reached the sixth generation and there seemed to be a Smithson in every house.

Rachel

steelviper266

« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2010, 07:09:33 PM »
I started my legacy today, founder was playing songs for coin when I noticed a bare chested female sim in game. I had disabled all custom content prior to starting dunno how it happened but do I need to do a clean install and restart legacy?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2010, 12:02:41 AM »
@ratchie:  Yes, you can have romantic involvement with distant cousins.  If they are too closely related, the game won't even bring up Romantic interactions.  So, by the time they are several generations removed, it's ok.

@steelviper:  It sounds like you've got a piece of bad custom content, even though you're not actively running it.  From the Sims 3 launcher, click on Installed Content and look for the bare chest item and delete it.  Delete any others that are questionable while you're at it.  Then restart the game and see what happens.  We here at the Forum strongly discourage the use of any third party custom content for this very reason.  It can really mess up your game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2010, 02:53:42 AM »
My founder's husband just got cursed while exploring a tomb for a career opportunity. He was exploring the tomb as part of an adventure he got off the board, and he hasn't finished that adventure yet. I read that in order to get the Cursed adventure (and get visa points while curing the curse), one needs to not have a current adventure. Should I just cancel the adventure that I was doing when cursed, or is it too late now? How do I get the Cursed adventure? At the board, or do I just wait for it to pop up? How long? There are 8 days left on this trip.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2010, 03:02:59 AM »
I believe once you are cursed, you are cursed and I don't think cancelling the adventure will un-curse someone.  I can't be 100% sure, but I think a while back when I got WA, I got that adventure and got cursed and tried cancelling it and my sim was still cursed and had to go get un-cursed, so to speak, but that was so long ago now.  I know he had to kiss the snake and it seemed it took forever, I don't remember much about it, must be going senile, lol. ;)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2010, 03:03:23 AM »
@LlamaMama:

I'm a little confused about what your Sim was doing when he got cursed.  Was he doing an opportunity from his home town for his career?  Or was he doing an adventure from the Adventure Board in Al Simhara?

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2010, 03:10:48 AM »
A home opportunity told him to explore a tomb or two in Egypt, so once in Egypt, he accepted the Trapped at Home adventure from the adventure board. I'm wondering if he should cancel the Trapped at Home adventure in order to be able to receive the Cursed adventure which will give me visa credit for exploring the Great Sphinx.