Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 387445 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #2100 on: September 04, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if you could sell your upgraded items at the Consignment Store!  And register as a self-employed Handyman.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #2101 on: September 04, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
I always get the red "It's the last day to pay the bills" box, no matter how long I play for. Thats how I always pay my bills. If they took that away my sims would all end up BFF's with the repo-man

Hmmmm.  It doesn't seem to work that way for me.  I get it twice, and then I get the repo man warning, each time I forgot to pay the bills.  Maybe I'm closing out the warning by accident.

It would definitely be neat if handyness was considered a job!  I seem to get a lot of opportunities to fix things for people, but never enough to make a living.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #2102 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
I think twallan may or may not have a handiness self-employment job as part of his Career mod. I won’t discuss it further due to the board but I thought I saw something like that on the matter.

But yeah, it would be cool for some of the more common skills to recieve buffs in future patches/EPs. Whatever happened to blogging from The Sims 2 for consoles? And it would be awesome if you could upgrade your car with an alarm, again from The Sims 2. And I think that a food replicator that holds three times as many food items with twice the stock of each should be worth tons more.

As for bills… I hardly ever play a single file long enough for it to become a problem.

I also have a gripe about the testing cheats. If the number of those in The Sims 2 was around 200, The Sims 3 had maybe 65, 70. What happened to those cool objects like the Tombstone of Life & Death? I use twallan’s mods so it’s not a problem for me, but I still feel like I was cheated out of my favorite cheats, if that makes any sense.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2103 on: September 04, 2012, 08:39:24 PM »
I'll be the first to admit that I like it when we get classic Sims elements back, with an expansion, or store content, but only in small doses. I don't think everything should be exactly like Sims 2, nor do I think, besides Pets, Weather, and a Teen Style stuff pack, is worth repeating. I think Sims 2 was special, because of the gameplay Sims 2 had, and I think Sims 3 is special because of the new game play it will bring, and has brought in the future. Even Seasons and Pets have to be upgraded and different from Sims 2, otherwise what would be the point of having them in Sims 3?

As far as cookies, and baking goes, I'd like to see different types of cookie recipes avaliable, not just chocolate chip. Maybe oatmeal raisin, or peanut butter could serve as a possible recipe choice? I'd like it if adults could bake the different sweets children can bake in the toy oven as well!

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
« Reply #2104 on: September 04, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
The Sims 2? Phooey. I grew up with the original Sims, mind you. I say that’s where the biggest leap was. There were some really unique objects in there I haven’t seen since. Including the aformentioned Skydiving Simulator, maybe along with a few career rewards from The Sims 2 should make it into a stuff pack, along with a ton of other things like wallpapers and such. Maybe even a few returning music tracks.

…But not build mode from the original. That song makes me depressed. I’m sure that I’m not the only one with a childhood trama caused by the Sims games. :'(
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #2105 on: September 04, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »
I want some things like the obstacle course. That was awesome.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #2106 on: September 04, 2012, 10:01:23 PM »
The Sims 2? Phooey. I grew up with the original Sims, mind you. I say that’s where the biggest leap was. There were some really unique objects in there I haven’t seen since. Including the aformentioned Skydiving Simulator, maybe along with a few career rewards from The Sims 2 should make it into a stuff pack, along with a ton of other things like wallpapers and such. Maybe even a few returning music tracks.

…But not build mode from the original. That song makes me depressed. I’m sure that I’m not the only one with a childhood trama caused by the Sims games. :'(

.......isn't there some sort of skydiving simulator in the TS3 store?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
« Reply #2107 on: September 04, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »
.......isn't there some sort of skydiving simulator in the TS3 store?
I haven’t bothered to check. If there is, it’d better raise athletic skill and send your Sims flying if they are trapped in it for too long.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2108 on: September 04, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
I wish those hot air balloons would function in the game, and not be used for decoration in the map. I think it would be fun to see the Sims travel in the hot air balloon from the Gym to the pet store.  ;D

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
« Reply #2109 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09:58 PM »
I wish those hot air balloons would function in the game, and not be used for decoration in the map. I think it would be fun to see the Sims travel in the hot air balloon from the Gym to the pet store.  ;D
Hah, reminds me of all the various “Cabs” you can call in the original Sims games. I mainly remember that airship from Makin’ Magic.
And I just thought of this, but what about some kind of town parade? Your Sim could click on the city hall and select “Organize Parade,” and one sim-hour later you have maybe twenty sims marching around Sunset Valley’s central park.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2110 on: September 05, 2012, 07:56:36 AM »
And I just thought of this, but what about some kind of town parade? Your Sim could click on the city hall and select “Organize Parade,” and one sim-hour later you have maybe twenty sims marching around Sunset Valley’s central park.

I think that's an awesome idea!  If the game can handle special events like prom, and random gatherings like protests, no reason not to combine them for a parade.   ;D

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #2111 on: September 05, 2012, 09:24:58 AM »
I wish that there was different dance animations for different music.  I think that the sim version of dancing only really fits the latin and kids music.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2112 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
Slow dancing will be coming back, if you remember it from Sims 2, so at least it gives you some option with classical music. ;D

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #2113 on: September 05, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »
I would also like to see some changes in the way Sims behave. I wish they could develop habits, sort of, where if you consistently tell a sim to play chess in their spare time, eventually they'll start doing it autonomously. 

I did notice that Sims tend to pop more wishes related to ones they've already fulfilled. In my legacy, William has started popping wishes to kiss a sim for the first time, during their first interaction.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2114 on: September 05, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »
Smustle.

anything