Author Topic: Building Contests: Feedback, Suggestions and Ideas  (Read 22612 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: Building Contests: Feedback, Suggestions and Ideas
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
I like that, Chuckles. So a minimum budget rather than a maximum? Yes, that'd be great and probably just as difficult!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »
I agree with the " snob's budget " it might be as much of a challenge to accomplish .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 02:45:21 PM »
I agree with the " snob's budget " it might be as much of a challenge to accomplish .  :)

Especially if the lot was rather small. Fun way to push yourself. Great idea Chuckles!

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
I wonder how much money one can realistically spend (ie. no move objects on to place 27 fountains on top of one another, and it has to solve the basic needs) on a 10x10 lot for some simmies. Hmm.... challenge idea? Maybe the OPPOSITE of extremely minimalist starter? Extremely EXUBERANT starter.  :P Is that an oxymoron?

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 04:09:24 AM »
I wonder how much money one can realistically spend (ie. no move objects on to place 27 fountains on top of one another, and it has to solve the basic needs) on a 10x10 lot for some simmies. Hmm.... challenge idea? Maybe the OPPOSITE of extremely minimalist starter? Extremely EXUBERANT starter.  :P Is that an oxymoron?

I've done this. It's way fun and challenging to create a mansion for 8 Sims on a 10x10 lot :D If you're interested in having a peek, check out Charlotte Mansion in the Houses and Lots forum ;)

But having something like this as a competition would be awesome! A snob's build on a tiny lot that can house a large family. What a fun idea!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 04:17:42 AM »
I've done this. It's way fun and challenging to create a mansion for 8 Sims on a 10x10 lot :D If you're interested in having a peek, check out Charlotte Mansion in the Houses and Lots forum ;)

But having something like this as a competition would be awesome! A snob's build on a tiny lot that can house a large family. What a fun idea!

Maybe it can even be themed - like a snobby celebrity build for Bridgeport (since there is so little room for lots there it makes sense you'd have to cram a large/expensive house on a small lot).

Not that you'd need Bridgeport to enter - but...I think you get my point.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2013, 04:25:07 AM »
Maybe it can even be themed - like a snobby celebrity build for Bridgeport (since there is so little room for lots there it makes sense you'd have to cram a large/expensive house on a small lot).

Not that you'd need Bridgeport to enter - but...I think you get my point.

Ooh... even better! You could have it themed to suit a particular Sim/Celebrity level/Occult/skill... or all 4!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
By humor house, I didn't mean fun house but that sounds cool. I meant a funny house, that people could live in. Like an inside out house!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 03:16:54 AM »
The small lot contests are always popular and seem to be in high demand, so you can all expect more of those in the future! A minimum budget contest also sounds interesting, with a few twists added in here and there. ;)

By humor house, I didn't mean fun house but that sounds cool. I meant a funny house, that people could live in. Like an inside out house!

Do you mean something similar to the Abstract Exterior contest? The winner was Ausette with her Llama House which still is on my list as most awesome build designs ever. :P Those sorts of Contests are fun so I can guarantee another one for quirky styles!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 06:41:57 AM »
The current Victorian House build challenge has me thinking of a building type that I think would be interesting, a type of house that's close to my heart and where I live, close to where I live. That type of house is the 'Queenslander'.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »
How about a contest where we have to build our house in real life in the Sims.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
How about a contest where we have to build our house in real life in the Sims.

That's an interesting idea, but would be hard to make a budget for since forum members have different size houses, and some live in apartments.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »
With the recent luxury-on-a-budget builds I find myself craving moodlet granting items.  So how about a moodlet-oriented home?  There's a lot of items that give moodlets (or can be used by sims to create things that give moodlets - like nectar machines or special produce). 

It could also be tailored to a provided sim and/or traits, or the entries could describe the sim who would most enjoy living there.  For instance, a hydrophobe wouldn't love an amazing shower but the eco-friendly sim would, and a technophobe wouldn't love a high-end media room but the couch potato certainly would!

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »
How about a no expenses spared, I'm-Better-Than-You, Mwahahaha! Evil Lair? Rooms for minions, a special sanctum, rooms for evil doings, the works. Think something that William would live in.

Am I the only one here who thinks that that is an awesome idea?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 02:30:52 PM »
That is an amazing idea, Wiry! I think I might do that, even if it doesn't become a contest!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

anything