Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1074471 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »
ooooo!  Very nice rebuild.  I love the landscaping and the car ports.

Thanks. The carports were Solstice's idea. My Klepto Ghost Hunter stole 3 expensive sports cars, but a burgler came and stole one back. After that I added locked gates to the carports. Can't have evil types stealing her hard-earned klepto loot. :D

Oh, and the corner accents to the fence were inspired by you, Joria.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #406 on: October 23, 2010, 02:31:19 PM »
Hmmmm.  The more I look, the more I see that I love.  The bridge over the stream, that really wonderful and complete play ground and picnic area.  This was really well thought out and put together.  Did you change the inside also?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #407 on: October 23, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »
Yes, very much, spanish tile floors, bright colors. The pond is now stocked with deathfish, angelfish, vampire fish, and alley catfish too.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2010, 02:33:19 PM »
Sounds like a great dynasty home to me!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #409 on: October 30, 2010, 07:23:32 AM »
Remember that hut on the river where the rich stars houses are?  Well, this is an attempt at remodeling it.  I am not quite finished yet, but realized it is bigger than I wanted.  The new pool tool is awesome and I really like putting a pool in the house.  The room underneath the hot tub I closed in and I am not going to use it.  Was trying to figure out how to hide that contraption in the room under it.  I placed mirrors on the outside of the house, because mirrors do not break away when walls are partially down.  Now I do not see that silly thing when I am playing.  Sounded like a plan to me. lol :)

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #410 on: October 30, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »
That's an awesome house Saltypaws! I love the rooftop party zone. Its too bad the skyscrapers can't have these.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #411 on: October 30, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
The house sure looks different Diane and I love what you did to the pool.  I can just picture myself in it, then swimming under the water and looking out through windows.   ;D
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #412 on: November 02, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »
I love watching your projects develop, Joria. So much imagination and care goes into them.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #413 on: November 03, 2010, 01:49:17 AM »
Were you asking if different families could live in each apartment, but play with them seperately?  We can't do that in this game, if that is the question, if it is not the question, maybe I need to go to bed and start over tomorrow, lol.  I wish that was the case, but that was the way it was in sims2, but you could not play them at the same time.  You could have four of your families in an apartment building, but it was just like a house, you had to go out of one and go into the other family.  They have not done that here.  As you noticed, all apartments are black holes except your sims apartment.  Maybe they will add that one day, but right now, it is fine with me.  I would not want to see this game like the other sims games, thank heavens. :D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #414 on: November 03, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »
Were you asking if different families could live in each apartment, but play with them seperately?  We can't do that in this game, if that is the question, if it is not the question, maybe I need to go to bed and start over tomorrow, lol.  I wish that was the case, but that was the way it was in sims2, but you could not play them at the same time.  You could have four of your families in an apartment building, but it was just like a house, you had to go out of one and go into the other family.  They have not done that here.  As you noticed, all apartments are black holes except your sims apartment.  Maybe they will add that one day, but right now, it is fine with me.  I would not want to see this game like the other sims games, thank heavens. :D

No, I was just thinking it would be cool if different townies could just move in to the different apartments/flats within the same building that I set up.  I shudder at the thought of trying to play more than one family at a time!  It would be cool if a large band or something all moved in to the different flats/apartments in a building but from what I can see they wouldn't be able to because there is no way to price the apartments as such.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:47 AM »
I've tried doing the reverse, putting Bridgeport buildings in SV.  It really doesn't work well.  You cannot do anymore with them in SV than in Bridgeport and if they are on a lot that gets all distorted because of uneven terrain, you cannot fix the terrain.  Anyway I couldn't figure out a way to do it.  Just and FYI

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #416 on: November 10, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »
Hiya! Just finished skimming over this thread, and now my downloads panel is fuller than it has ever been before! Some of these houses are just spectacular (I'm lookin' at you, TommyT), it's awesome seeing what everyone else has come up with and all. I seriously suck at building houses with more than one bedroom, but thanks to this thread I now have enough of those to last me a lifetime and a lot of inspiration for building them myself  :). But hey, in case anyone's interested in my tiny, poky little houses, here's my latest. I'd love some feedback.

Presenting: The Mixologist's Residence, named as such to justify the party/bar area at the back. One bedroom, one bathroom, and very little else.
Facade:

Back View:

Downstairs:

Upstairs:

OK, tiny as it is I was actually pretty proud of it  :D. It's only 20x30 so there isn't that much space to work with, and I guess the carport could be converted into an extension in a pinch. The only store content is the free stuff, like the planter out the front from the Twizy set.

Downloadable here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3337199
Comments?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #417 on: November 10, 2010, 10:37:14 PM »
That is an awesome little house Ausette!  Thanks for sharing.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #418 on: November 10, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
I love your house Ausette! The outside in particular is just so fresh and interesting!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #419 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:20 AM »
Squeeeee, thank you  ;D. I'm a sucker for a compliment.

Oh and Joria, I love what you're doing to Bridgeport! That's a huge remodelling job you've taken on there. I can't wait to see the city when you're done :).

anything