Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1078640 times)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #720 on: March 01, 2011, 02:03:48 AM »
What a beautiful house, danefaith!
I wish I could build that well, but as I can't, I'll settle for gawping at  :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #721 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:39 AM »
danefaith, you've done it again! The details! The rugs in the bathroom! The use of moveobjects on! I absolutely adore it. The vaguely tropical theme downstairs is just as lovely as the moody dining room upstairs, and the building as a whole goes beautifully with your Patrician house. Amazing use of floor and wall pieces as always (I really need to study your buildings for ideas). The only trouble I had with it was that I didn't own some of the items in it, so they were replaced by the default stuff. Oh, right, and you've made me overuse the word 'adore' on this thread  :-\. Great work!

After hearing you express your appreciation of Anushka's gem collection, I feel compelled to link you this. It's a collection of sorts of all the artworks your Sim can produce with the Painting skill (the canvases aren't complete, but it took long enough as it was and it contains the right Sim to finish them). It might be helpful if you're after a specific picture to go with a particular theme. I use it quite a bit in my own work. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #722 on: March 01, 2011, 06:11:09 AM »
Danefaith, you are very welcome, and Jet Lee is proud that his gems end up in such a beautiful place. You managed to make a beautiful garden without a single flower!
Ausette, I remember Mary Sue and  her fainting from all the work! Have you consider finishing the paintings and uploading it to Swap Shop board? And I love your starting modern home, it's wonderful!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #723 on: March 01, 2011, 07:27:34 AM »
Modern? I'm not sure I did that one, I think the modern home was Filly's. Perhaps I will get Mary Sue to finish all the paintings sometime, but right now I'm having trouble with my laptop so probably not soon :(.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #724 on: March 01, 2011, 12:30:28 PM »
I believe I only used two store items, and only one was important to decorating (the other was just a dishwasher, lol!)

I also used content from WA, AM, LN, and HEL, so if you have those, you should be in the clear.  If you're missing any of those i can help point out where swaps would be made and give suggestions for chances.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Shenice93

« Reply #725 on: March 01, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »
First off I would like to complement Danefaith on yet another wonderful creation. Beautifully done my friend.

Secondly I would like to say that I was inspired by your house and have entered the process of building my own sort of modern home.

This is the original front view. I wasn't really feeling the carport in the front. It obstructed the view of the actual house too much for my taste, but at the same time I kind of wanted to put one there. Eventually taste won over wants and I removed it. Now it looks like this:

No more carport. Though now I kind of want to put it back. I also am not feeling the light wood door. Some advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a side view where you can kind of see the inside. The stairs haven't been recolored because I'm not entirely sure what the color them for the inside will be. Probably and orange/blue/green ocean theme with yellow and purple accents. Still debating on that.

This is the back view. I kind of like the red brick popping out against the yellow and gray stone, though I think it may be a bit too bright. After staring at the jacuzzi area I realized how much I dislike the brick work and after I finish this post I'm going to change it so there is no need to concern yourselves over that detail for now.

Another aspect I realized I'd have to tackle would be the landscaping. Even though it's one of the last things I usually do. Not looking forward to that at all.

Offline AmeliaAnne

• Llama Wrangler
  • Current legacy heir, Una
« Reply #726 on: March 01, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »
So, I was feeling the urge to build, and then my Sim maxed their visa points in China - so, we had enough money for a vacation home. I bought a small lot nearby the forbidden city and got to work. It's small because I hate bringing lots of people on vacation, but I love the way the outside turned out.

And then the inside - it's a little bit of mix. I wanted it to be simple, happy but also a little bit foreign-looking since it's in China. But the TV, kitchen stuff, bathroom and bed are all great, since that'll just make the vacations easier.

Hope you enjoy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #727 on: March 02, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
@Shenice93:  I personally think it looks better without the carport.  But if you want my advice, you should use less brick and more stucco finishes if you want to go for that modernist look.  Also, maybe go with metal or glass railings, because the wooden fencing doesn't really seem to fit with what you have going on style wise.  But it looks really nice from a design aspect...at least from the outside.  Perhaps you could post some interior shots so we can see the layout?

@AmeliaAnne:  I really like how the house looks tiny on the outside, but your open floor plan makes it look huge on the inside.  And I've always liked that wall covering you used on the exterior, but I never really saw how I could use it.  But I think I may have to find a way to do so now lol.  I think you used it to good effect.

@:  Danefaith:  You have absolutely no idea how badly I was hoping you were going to put that house in the swap shop lol!  I'm off to download it now.  :P

Edit:  Oops, it's on the exchange.  Well, I'll download it as soon as I can get into it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #728 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:33 PM »
Danefaith:  MINE! MINE!  It's all mine now.  Muwahahahah!  I think I always download your houses but this one is so completely perfect it's GOT to go into my SV remodel.  I love it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline AmeliaAnne

• Llama Wrangler
  • Current legacy heir, Una
« Reply #729 on: March 02, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
@Hosfac- I'm glad that I inspired you to use a new wall covering - I tried to have fun with it, and I felt like it looked the most foreign in the right way for the house.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #730 on: March 02, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
@danefaith:

If you're interested in writing articles for the Guide about building and construction, I'm sure Carl would love to discuss it with you.  Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll give you some more information.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #731 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:43 PM »
@danefaith:

If you're interested in writing articles for the Guide about building and construction, I'm sure Carl would love to discuss it with you.  Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll give you some more information.
I think danefaith would do a great job on writing a building guide!
 ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

veronica55

Woot woot !! Almost Finished my Spencer Mansion
« Reply #732 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
I don't know why I went so crazy about this. But well, there are only really small details left, but mainly it's done :)

http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m499/veronica5585/?albumview=slideshow

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #733 on: March 11, 2011, 01:08:41 AM »
Lol, and you were trying to get someone else to do it for you? 

That is utterly amazing!  It looks like a lot of custom content went into building it, but the results are staggering!  Perfect in almost every detail, from the typewriter (cash register) in the main all, all the way to the raven puzzle room.  It's a true work of art.

Was the table in the dining hall custom content, or was that a move objects trick?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

veronica55

« Reply #734 on: March 11, 2011, 05:32:21 AM »
Lol, and you were trying to get someone else to do it for you? 

That is utterly amazing!  It looks like a lot of custom content went into building it, but the results are staggering!  Perfect in almost every detail, from the typewriter (cash register) in the main all, all the way to the raven puzzle room.  It's a true work of art.

Was the table in the dining hall custom content, or was that a move objects trick?

Lol yep, I think I wasn't expecting it would turn out like this. I tried to stick to the right colors, wallpaper, floors etc room by room. Except those magenta areas that no walkthrough player ever enters. I barely remember how those places looked like but i need to see the exact place to feel comfortable. The table is a move objects trick for sure. There's no way to find a table 12x4 sim squares lol.