Author Topic: The Greek Gods [31/07 Reawakening]  (Read 30655 times)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty [UPDATED 5/5/13: Chapter 9]
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
Ah, I found that Iqbal facial hair is quite interesting. Once I have a legacy founder with that look, but he was bald and plump.
Seeing that facial hair alone just remind me of Wolverine but without claws ;D

Too bad that Elder has a limited clothes to put on. And why Zeus is half-naked :P ?
Do you show Iqbal and Erin affection to everyone? I never had such moodlet for a long time.
Who is Chester o_O, at least tell me his last name. It is Keaton's?

That was a nice way to explain the broken story progression. It was sad, I will never ever experience what Pam experienced before int this condition. I just loved to see everyone connected in Family Tree things ;D

Zeus and Hera make a lovely couple of kid being Evils.

Haha, the sculpture is nice! I never triggered that in my Dynasty. It's a random thing I guess?
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
You can definitely see a lot of Nick in Hera. She's got the nose for sure.

Miraj definitely needs to father a child somewhere. :) He's a cute kid.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »

You know, I like the way you've framed your male sims producing lots of children. It's not that they're creeps, or trying to produce children for the later immortals to marry, they're simply saving the town from the barren plague! Their doing a service! Hehe.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »
Ah, I found that Iqbal facial hair is quite interesting. Once I have a legacy founder with that look, but he was bald and plump.
Seeing that facial hair alone just remind me of Wolverine but without claws ;D

Too bad that Elder has a limited clothes to put on. And why Zeus is half-naked :P ?
Do you show Iqbal and Erin affection to everyone? I never had such moodlet for a long time.
Who is Chester o_O, at least tell me his last name. It is Keaton's?

That was a nice way to explain the broken story progression. It was sad, I will never ever experience what Pam experienced before int this condition. I just loved to see everyone connected in Family Tree things ;D

Zeus and Hera make a lovely couple of kid being Evils.

Haha, the sculpture is nice! I never triggered that in my Dynasty. It's a random thing I guess?

I actually love Iqbal as a granddad! Zeus seems to have inherited his Daddy's love for knickers and I usually don't give toddlers a makeover!

Chester is Iqbal's and Erin's son.

In my first try, I would see families having nooboos. Now? Not even couples getting together! That's so sad!

Zeus isn't actually evil, but Hera is ;) !

Totally random sculpture. I've seen it in some other game, again by an Evil sim.

You can definitely see a lot of Nick in Hera. She's got the nose for sure.

Miraj definitely needs to father a child somewhere. :) He's a cute kid.

I was longing to see Nick's hair <sigh>

Ahh Raia, I think you'll regret your words :p :p!

You know, I like the way you've framed your male sims producing lots of children. It's not that they're creeps, or trying to produce children for the later immortals to marry, they're simply saving the town from the barren plague! Their doing a service! Hehe.

A service indeed <bows> ;) !
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Ahh Raia, I think you'll regret your words :p :p!

I somehow doubt that. :) Miraj makes adorable kids!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 03:52:51 AM »
I actually love Iqbal as a granddad! Zeus seems to have inherited his Daddy's love for knickers and I usually don't give toddlers a makeover!

Ooohh... Give me Iqbal, now! Ehh, maybe I will get him myself in my game >w<

Chester is Iqbal's and Erin's son.
It seems that I missed some information there. Sorry... :-[

In my first try, I would see families having nooboos. Now? Not even couples getting together! That's so sad!

I agree. I read from forum post that an architecture profession could help bring nooboo when decorated one house with a what it's the name? Hmm... that nooboo thing, where the nooboo is sleeping. Duh!

My question is. It's really work or totally not working?

Zeus isn't actually evil, but Hera is ;) !
I know! But, they make a cute and lovely evil couple!

Totally random sculpture. I've seen it in some other game, again by an Evil sim.
Ooh... I just need an evil sculptor! Now!

I'll look forward to see your next installment. Too bad that my story will be delayed. But, I love when I see that you made it into 9 chapters! C'mon, ve1ocity! I believe that you can pass the last attempt  ;D

My Stories:

karlissa

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2013, 01:26:09 PM »
This is a pretty cool immortal dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 06:02:01 PM »
I'm enjoying this, but it's sad that VJ doesn't care about his son.

I've always liked Demeter and Persephone -- they might be generations 6 and 7; with Hades the father that Persephone can't live with.

Good luck with this!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2013, 03:16:37 PM »
I somehow doubt that. :) Miraj makes adorable kids!

Of course  :) ! Just that the spread of adorableness, is very large<cough>!

I agree. I read from forum post that an architecture profession could help bring nooboo when decorated one house with a what it's the name? Hmm... that nooboo thing, where the nooboo is sleeping. Duh!

My question is. It's really work or totally not working?

As I read from a forum post by Nraas, placing a crib unfortunately doesn't have any affect.

I know! But, they make a cute and lovely evil couple!

Aww...don't they! :)

I'll look forward to see your next installment. Too bad that my story will be delayed. But, I love when I see that you made it into 9 chapters! C'mon, ve1ocity! I believe that you can pass the last attempt  ;D

Thank you very much, El :). I'm happy too though my chapters are rather short. Yes, i'll somehow pass this time! Yay! Girl Power!

This is a pretty cool immortal dynasty.

Thank you very much karlissa :). Hope you continue reading and enjoying.

I'm enjoying this, but it's sad that VJ doesn't care about his son.

I've always liked Demeter and Persephone -- they might be generations 6 and 7; with Hades the father that Persephone can't live with.

Good luck with this!

Don't worry Marian, in Raia's words "VJ will come along" ;)! He just needs some growing up to do.

Now that's a brilliant idea on Demeter and Persephone. I meant Demeter to be the third heir, but I love your take on Persephone and not being able to stay with her husband (I think you meant husband instead of father!).

Lets see ;)!

Lastly, a big thank you to everyone reading. I really feel so happy when I saw that my thread topped 1000 views, which for me, is a hugee thing! Hope you will enjoy the greek gods as much as I enjoy writing about them :).

Cheers,

Ve1ocity  ;)
Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter Ten : Sania
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2013, 03:17:07 PM »
Interlude

Far far away from the suburbs of Sunset Valley, a beautiful woman bowed her head to destiny.

She was old, nearly seventy years of age. Yet she had a bright smile and a clear, eager voice.

She knew it was time to leave. She was not afraid. She had made great sacrifices, but she was contend.

But she was worried. She had sacrificed all she cared about in the name of a greater cause, and she was leaving while the world was in chaos.

Nooboos were not born anymore without extremely expensive treatment. Something in the world's dynamics had gone wrong and she thought she knew what it was.

If she had some more time, she would have figured out how to solve it.

But there was no more time. She had to leave this mortal world to the Netherland.

Others should carry out her work. They would take time, many many years and generations, but they would bring fertility back to the world.

She sighed and turned to the beautiful young woman besides her.

"It is time to leave, my daughter. Go and find your brother and tell him of what has to be done. And pray child, do not be too harsh and mean on him."

The girl nodded and bent over to kiss her mother's feet.

"And tell him I always loved him and his brother."

She closed her eyes and the everything was a myriad of beautiful colours.

She believed in Science.

She was a witch.

Winter | SimYear 2

Chapter Ten : Sania

What, my dear pardner, would you do if

• A beautiful woman appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the night?
  • Claimed to be your long-lost witchy sister?
  • Gave the delightful news of impending nooboo-lessness?
  • Presented your wife an elaborate Book of Life?
  • And disappeared back into thin air?

You'd be scared out of your wits, eh?

Thankfully, I VJ Alvi, pride myself for my level head.

Let me get going, I'll make it less melodramatic as possible.

It was quite literally, a dark and stormy night. Rhea was nodding off on the rocking chair while I had my dinner. The rest of the 'residents' were prattling off to sleep.

I was exhausted. I had just reached the top of my sculptor career after many days of constant chipping and coffee. I just wanted was tired and just wanted a good night's sleep. And darn her, she just had to come that night.

"Who on earth, heaven and hell are you? Or am I dreaming?"

I was unnerved. She looked so like me, if not for the golden skin and black hair.

"Sania."

"Well, my dear Sania, I'd like to inform you that I'd bought this land and its not a homeless shelter anymore."

"Calm down Vijay, why don't you remember me?"

Vijay? Why nobody, not even ole' Dad called me my real name. I had made plain Vijay into hippier VJ during a stint of rebelliousness in my teen years and Dad knew best not to complain. Why! I'm sure he didn't even remember my real name now!

Sania ...

"Sania of the Tuna." she said grimly.

Ahh ...

Happy families, joyful childhoods, a small girl with a mischievous smile, and yes I'd stolen some tuna from my sister. (It was my favourite meal after all!)

Yes, I had had a sister.

"Well, well Sania, don't tell me you've come to avenge a tuna."

"You are as amusing as ever, Vijay."

"For heavens sake, stop call me Vijay! I'm VJ now, you got it? VJ!"

She looked puzzled but smiled charmingly.

"I have no time to banter Vijay." she said firmly. "I bring news of mother."

Mother? What an alien word!

"Yes?"

I asked tersely.

"She is of very old blood, gifted with the lore of magic and alchemy. Exceptionally gifted in fertility rituals, she She is indeed, the High Witch of SimWorld."

"Here, I'm sleepy."

"But you understand what I'm saying, don't you Vijay? You remember your mother doing the same as me now?"

I watched the sparkles fly from her wand.

"So what?"

Rhea was still dozing off.

"She didn't leave for another man, she left because she was ambitious and wanted to be High Witch. She took me because, I alone of all her children, inherited her witch genes and could face her aura."

"Ok, so what?"

"Vijay, we witches never talk of our magic with mere sims, but these times are special."

"Huh, are you meaning the blessed noobooness?"

"Yes, and no its not blessed. Why hello Rhea, I'm Vijay's sister."

It seemed that Rhea had been awake after all, and looked rather dazed with the latest developments.

"I'm just dropping in but I brought a gift for you. Its a recipe, its Ambrosia."

She turned back to me abruptly.

"Your wife is of good blood, blessed with the longevity of the martial artists. You two together cast an aura around this land. You gift fertility to all around you, but be careful, your powers may die."

She looked at Rhea again.

"This book will teach you how to make your life longer and bless all those around you, just like a goddess. Mother asked us to save this world, to bring back nooboos to laugh with joy and hope."

"I will do my part in another town far away, you will do your part here. There are many ways to happiness, and each unto ourselves. Goodbye brother, I'm glad I made you speechless for once!"

And?

Well, whirl and swirl, then wandy girl disappeared,

And I'm now off to finally sleep after writing to you.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow, explaining the whole fiasco to the 'residents'!

Till next time, dear pardner!

Words of Ve1ocity :

Although I love stories with a great backstory, I'm afraid I'll have to opt out of a very detailed backstory due to the time constraints as well as the fear that my game will crash with too many saved games. However, I want to make the current story as rich as possible.

Forgive me for any lack on my part, as I just wanted to update before the weekend! Hope you enjoy what I managed to put together :)!

This chapter was done in a copy of the original game maintained for storytelling purpose.
Mission Unnamed

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty [UPDATED 9/5/13: Chapter 10]
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 12:44:23 AM »
This is an unexpected development. To known that VJ is Vijay is funny!
Rhea herself didn't get her chance to talk! And some line there is quite amusing.
This is a great update and very well-written, ve1ocity. I really enjoying every bit of it :)
Keep up the good work!

I don't know that having too many saved game can crash your game o_O
I have too many saved games and if that affect my current game I think I will move the unused saved game for now.

My Stories:

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty [UPDATED 9/5/13: Chapter 10]
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »
That was a very interesting take on immortality and ambrosia.

And for the record, I always thought that Vijay would be at least part of VJ's real name. It does seem to fit. :)

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Say Hello to Sania!
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
This is an unexpected development. To known that VJ is Vijay is funny!
Rhea herself didn't get her chance to talk! And some line there is quite amusing.
This is a great update and very well-written, ve1ocity. I really enjoying every bit of it :)
Keep up the good work!

I don't know that having too many saved game can crash your game o_O
I have too many saved games and if that affect my current game I think I will move the unused saved game for now.

Thank you, El :).

I should let Rhea speak up more for herself in future!

I am of South Asia descent so the names are familiar, Iqbal, Miraj=all of them sound to be Pakistani or Indian Muslim names. Vijay is a Hindu name, but it was the only logical option to a westernised version of 'vj'.

Too many saved games=too much memory taken for my hard drive making the game slower and prone to crashed. So apart from one backup, I try to keep my games as minimal as possible.

That was a very interesting take on immortality and ambrosia.

And for the record, I always thought that Vijay would be at least part of VJ's real name. It does seem to fit. :)

Vijay==VJ
You too? Yayy :D!

I'm still trying to add more meat in!

And dear fans of all things sims,
I have another interesting persona to introduce.

Say hello to Sania, my Life States Dynasty founder while I lay the finishing touches to the next chapter!

Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter 11 : Tripled Mourning
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
Chapter 11 : Tripled Mourning

Note : I'm bad at death scenes, so hopefully that will improve over the generations!

Pardner,

I have neither will nor desire to write a long rant.

'Tis a season of mourning.

Tragedy used to be so fun, specially when Erin passed away. Sorry for touching a nerve there pardner, I'm VeeJayy the evil sim, after all.

But I've come to realize, its not so fun when it strikes too close home, not to mention in quick succession.

Iqbal had lived to a ripe old age of 110. He was so ancient, that all of us seemed to have got used to the idea of him not dying. And it struck, pardner, because Grim was unexpected when he finally arrived.

Poor Zeus, what a birthday!

Yes I wept, any issues? Iqbal was a thorn, but well, he was my ole' man and a good one! Don't you dare tell anything!

Then it was Zelda's turn. Well I never liked that woman and her daughters are a handful, but still I'd been pretty much used to being annoyed by the permanent fixture of irritation she was! She passed away right on time, something we were not quite ready for. We had been so used to Iqbal's seemingly lasting immortality!

I quite miss Zelda, that irritation, I mean!

Surrounded by ghosts, I wonder about my sister's parting gift.

Rhea seems not too joyous about opening it. But I wonder.

A simo-world without nooboos wouldn't be too good, I now realize. What will happen when we all die? Will those pesky ghosts take over the world?

Better nooboos than ghosts.

Help me pardner, I want your advice on what decision to make. Should I urge Rhea to open Sania's gift box or not?
Mission Unnamed

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Good or evil, it doesn't matter, we all weep when we lose a loved one. Nice bit of conflicting emotions there for our VJ. Maybe he's starting to grow up a bit...? (though that might be asking too much)

'Raj looks good with facial hair. Hmmm...I might have to play with that next time I'm playing that family.

anything