Author Topic: End of the Line Dynasty (4x4)  (Read 179142 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: End of the Line Dynasty - Travelling Hopefully (25 July)
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2014, 01:58:22 PM »
Congrats to Hannah on completing her LTW!  Can't wait to see who the lucky person is that Hannah fancies  :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2014, 02:07:57 PM »
Ooooo!  I love seeing the rest of the family as they work.  Can't wait to see who Hannah meets!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2014, 04:18:17 AM »
Congrats to Hannah on completing her LTW!  Can't wait to see who the lucky person is that Hannah fancies  :D

Ooooo!  I love seeing the rest of the family as they work.  Can't wait to see who Hannah meets!

Hannah's holiday romance was a complete surprise - very much a case of a Sim having a mind of her own.

You should find out about it soon: the next two chapters are half-written and I'm hoping to post at least one in the next day or two - but this weekend is going to be busy, so no promises.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty
« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2014, 05:22:37 PM »
Meetings

On her final morning in Al Simhara, Hannah popped into the general store, searching for small gifts for her colleagues.

“Can I help?” asked a soft voice from behind.

She spun round and…

Wow!

She’d heard of love at first sight but thought it only happened in stories.  The attraction seemed to be mutual…

…although the woman seemed taken aback to be grabbed and kissed by someone she’d met only seconds before.  Not surprising, really.

Oh dear!

Hannah apologised, ran over to the flower stall and returned with a bouquet.

Then she introduced herself properly.  Her new obsession was called Shermine Giza and this was her family’s shop.  They talked for a while and then Hannah tried getting romantic again.

This time, the kiss was eagerly accepted.  And reciprocated.

Before long, Shermine was throwing herself into Hannah’s arms.  The paparazzi loved it, of course.

The rest of the day passed far too quickly.  Shermine had to keep an eye out for customers, so they had to stay in the marketplace, but Hannah didn’t mind.  Sightseeing was overrated.

As she reluctantly said goodbye to her new girlfriend and got into the airport taxi, Hannah vowed that she would phone Shermine and invite her to visit as soon as the plane landed in Starlight Shores.

Chris was also feeling an unexpected attraction.

Is Grim trying his hand at matchmaking?

Unlike her distant descendant, she was far too mature to act on impulse.  Or so she told herself.  ‘Mature’ sounded so much better than ‘old’ or disenchanted’.  She’d been single for a long time now and was used to arranging her life to suit herself.  Maybe something would come of this later but for now she concentrated on her mission.

“I know you’re not going to believe this, but…”

“But India only left last night!”

When Chloe had got over her initial astonishment, she agreed to reserve judgement until Laura came home from work and they could all go and see this time machine thingy.

Despite Grim’s misgivings, Leo wasn’t hard to persuade.

Once he was convinced that they weren’t visiting his house in search of stolen goods or to ask awkward questions about a certain forger he might possibly have met, he invited them inside and started on his ‘Could these be new clients?’ spiel.

“People think it’s all about the money but it’s not.  Artistic integrity is important to me… whatever you may have heard.”

Then he discovered that Lou was also rebellious and they quickly became friends.

No, Leo was fine.  The problem was Victoria.  Since marrying Leo, she had become very much aware of her celebrity status and didn’t see why she should have anything to do with these nobodies who’d turned up unannounced on the doorstep.

Especially when one of them followed her into the bathroom.

In the end, it took all of Lou’s charm, plus Tavares flexing his muscles, to win her over.

How could anyone resist?

Then Victoria discovered that Tavares was also a genius.  Sold!

“So this is it, is it?  It looks like the ‘time machines’ my grandfather used to create but I always thought they looked more like lifts with a bit of clockwork attached than something capable of travelling though time and space.  I always expected something showier: you know, flashing lights, fins, rockets.  That kind of stuff.”
“Still, better than a telephone box.”
“What?”
“Old time-travel joke.  Forget it.”

Lou and Victoria looked on in increasing exasperation as their menfolk insisted on discussing the whichness of the why instead of just getting on with it.

Finally, Lou snapped.

“Can we just get in this thing and get back to Grim’s place?  Please?

So they did.

I never planned for Hannah to do anything other than get through her requirements as fast as possible, given the way my computer's been behaving recently.  Her trip to Egypt was supposed to just be about completing the opportunity and then maybe working on her skills a little - but then she met Shermine.  Suddenly, she was firing off romantic wishes all over the place and I had trouble keeping up with them  :P.

Edit:  I've just noticed that the number of views for this story has gone over 25000  ;D.  Thank you to everyone who's reading and commenting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: End of the Line Dynasty - Meetings (26 July)
« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »
Lol I love Leo!  I still think he's one of my favorites, if not THE favorite I have.  I've loved all of them, but there's something about an evil genius pirate that ya just gotta love!  And then there's Victoria of course.

Aww, Hannah's romance is adorable!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2014, 07:52:46 PM »
Shermine is lovely!  Glad that Hannah was able to find someone that she really likes, especially since it was so unexpected  :D

Offline Littlesister

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2014, 05:19:31 AM »
I love the way you set up Grim's place, and developed his character. It's good to see Hannah's found her happiness, and I'll be interested to see how the future unfolds for Chris...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #457 on: July 29, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
Lol I love Leo!  I still think he's one of my favorites, if not THE favorite I have.  I've loved all of them, but there's something about an evil genius pirate that ya just gotta love!  And then there's Victoria of course.

Well, strictly speaking, Victoria is the evil genius pirate.  Leo's not a genius; simply very, very devious :).  He may be my favourite, too - he's certainly well up there.

I love the way you set up Grim's place, and developed his character.

Thanks :).  This Grim's almost endearing (he's called Grimmy in-game, by the way, to distinguish him from the NPC Grim).  He certainly has a soft centre - and not just because of the way I've written him.  He really is a bit of a softie inside.  I'm trying to remember his traits: excitable, I think, and certainly neat, easily impressed and inappropriate.  And insane, of course ;).

Aww, Hannah's romance is adorable!

Shermine is lovely!  Glad that Hannah was able to find someone that she really likes, especially since it was so unexpected  :D

t's good to see Hannah's found her happiness, and I'll be interested to see how the future unfolds for Chris...

Hannah and Shermine were second only to Simon and Coral in immediate, intense attraction (and, come to think of it, I'm not even sure they shouldn't be first).  Far more romantic, though.  Simon and Coral just wanted to leap into bed together; these two were much more about the kissing and cuddling.

I'm also interested to know how the Chris/Chloe relationship will unfold.  Out of curiosity, I replayed their meeting several times and they were always highly attracted but never did anything about it.  We'll see...

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #458 on: August 01, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »
Complications

Nooooooooooooooooooo!  Maddy, don’t!”

“No!  Stop!  Maddy, what are you trying to do?”
“Fix this thing, of course!”

“Have you ever done anything like this before?”
“No, but I’ve watched Quinton mending stuff loads of times.  You just poke a screwdriver around a bit and it fixes itself.”
“I think there might be more to it than that…  Do you have any handiness skill at all?”
“No.”
“Neither have I.  So we’d be far more likely to electrocute ourselves than do any good…  If this had happened to the others, they’d be OK – I’m sure Macy or Lou could mend a time machine, no problem.  So could Quinton.  Or Joe.  And he’s unlucky.”
“So something would probably have gone wrong.”
“Like his time machine breaking, you mean?”
“Um, yes.  Good point.”
“And at least he’d have been in no danger fixing it.”
“So what do we do?”
“Find someone else to have a go, I suppose.  Do you remember whether Bryony’s handy?”
“I’m not sure.  Someone must have mended things in that house but I can’t remember who it was.  Most of their stuff was probably unbreakable by that stage, anyway...  Or we could try calling the local handyman.”
“Oh yeah.  ‘Hello.  How are you at fixing time machines?’  They must get a lot of that sort of thing.  Wouldn’t draw attention to us at all.”
“OK, so we wait and talk to Bryony.  And there’s always the library, I suppose.”
“Shall we go and visit the graveyard while we’re waiting?  We have the tombstones to collect – and I imagine you want to see your daughter – or at least where she’s… you know.”
“Where she’s buried?  Yes, I would.  And you’re right; picking up the graves will give us something to do while we’re waiting.  Much better than hanging around here breathing in smoke.”

“Is that her?”
“No.  I think she’s one of Luke’s girlfriends.  Sophia and Sam are over here.”

“No, Will, not this one.  I discussed it with Grim and he agrees with me.  She doesn’t deserve another chance.”

“That’s everyone, then...  It’s starting to get light.  Do you think it’s still too early to visit Bryony?”
“Well, I suppose we could walk round to her house and see if she’s up.”

“Look, she’s awake.”
“The poor girl probably hasn’t slept at all.  She’s just lost her mother, remember – and now her twin sister and her best friend have left her as well.  She must be so lonely.

“Hello.  You must be Bryony.  My name’s Maddy and I’m your great-grandmother."

“…And so we came here to rescue you but now we’re stuck.  How’s your handiness?”

“Almost non-existent.  I might be able to cope with a leaky tap or something but a time machine…?  Oh!  I know!  Rafe!”
“Rafe?”
“My cousin Raphael.  Well sort-of cousin.  The family tree’s a bit complicated…”
“We’d noticed.  It’s ours, too, remember.”
“Shush, Will.  We wanted to see Raphael anyway.  We were going to offer to take him back to the future as well.  Is he handy?”
“He pretty much has to be – he’s always falling over things and breaking them.  But yes, he’s a lot better than I am.  He lives in town…  Although I’m not sure whether he’ll be awake yet.  He’s a musician and works late at the theatre.”
“What’s his number?  I’ll ring him – a fellow-musician from Twinbrook with an interesting proposition …”

After another series of introductions and explanations, Raphael agreed to try to help.

“Although I’ve never even seen a time machine before, so I have no idea how to go about repairing one.”

“So that’s the Monte Vista and Barnacle Bay people on their way back.  They should be here in… three hours and thirty-four minutes, plus or minus twenty.”
“That is, assuming they’re using the homing device.  And that’s only a ninety-eight percent confidence interval, anyway.”
“Yeah, all right but it’s near enough.  And…”
“Hey!  They’re back in shot!”

“So this is a time machine?  OK, I’ll start with this panel.  Looks like a short circuit somewhere.  Does this open the doors?”
“Yes – and you can also select a destination with the keypad.  You know, enter coordinates.”
“Right, I’ll see what I can do.  At the very least, I should be able to hot-wire it so we can get inside and inspect the damage properly.”

“So they’ve found Bryony and Raphael…  What's he doing?”
“Do we know anything at all about Raphael?  Skills, traits…?”
“No.  I wonder what they’re saying.  I wish we had sound.”
“Just be grateful we have pictures.  The camera must have deployed just before the circuits burnt out.”
“It looks as though he’s having a go at fixing it.  Is there anything we can do to help them?”
“From here?  Not much.  I really wish the others were back – we could do with Macy and Lou’s input.”
“Tavares, too.  He did the programming.  He might be able to think of something we’ve all forgotten.”

“Yes, maybe.  As I see it, there are four possibilities.  One, everything got fried and they’re stuck.”
“Optimist.  Well, in that case, we acquire another time machine and send in a rescue party.  It’ll take a while but should be doable.”
“Two, they use the manual controls to go into the future of that Hidden Springs.”
“Unlikely.  Will was involved in that discussion.  He knows that world may not have a future at all and, even if it does, it’s vanishingly unlikely to intersect with our own timeline.”
“Three.  Retrace their steps, via Twinbrook.”
“Quite possible.  Will memorised the coordinates.”
“So we alert Deirdra.  If they have any sense, they’ll contact her for help crossing back into this world.”
“And we monitor the swamps.”
“Agreed.”
“Four, Macy isolated the homing circuit well enough to protect it and everything’s fine.”
“In which case, we just wait.  And chew our nails.”

No-one mentioned the fifth possibility, although they were all thinking about it.  What if the time machine had more than the obvious damage and simply disappeared during the return journey?

“Grim!  We’ve lost the Barnacle Bay feed.”

Grim made a noise impossible for anyone with a flesh-and-blood throat, followed by a series of utterances that were probably unfit for the ears of mortals.  Fortunately, they were muffled by his hood.

Then he calmed down.  A little.

“I was bothered about that.  You must have noticed that each world has become more unstable than the one before – getting further removed from their intended futures, perhaps.  And it’s affected the humans – rapid, unpredictable ageing; a dwindling population; a lack of interest in, well, anything much.  No zest for life…  I expected Barnacle Bay to last longer than this, though.  And now I'm really worried about Starlight Shores.  I just hope Hannah Pauline finishes her tasks quickly…”

And he went off to check on her progress, muttering.

Then the cameras outside picked up movement.  First one, then a second, time machine flickered back into existence.

The Barnacle Bay contingent emerged unscathed.  Then the distortion around the golden time machine started to fade.  Joe abandoned his station and ran outside.

“Mace!  You’re safe!”

“Yes, of course I am.  It was all pretty straightforward in the end...  Joe?  Why are you looking so upset?”

“Well, that’s the best I can do.  The doors are still a bit dodgy – the automatic controls are shot – but they should stay closed through the trip.  I hope.  As for the rest of it…  I wouldn’t try to enter any coordinates.  The inside of that keypad’s toast.  Burnt toast.”
“What about the manual controls?”
“Those levers at the back?  OK as far as I can tell but I’m not sure about the interface with the automatic systems.  The bit that really puzzles me is that box just inside the door – several layers of shielding with circuits inside…”
“Macy’s homing system.  She said she’d added a few fail-safes.”
“I think they’re all right – especially the inside layer.”
“So we use that – the emergency backup's emergency backup…

“Let’s do it now, before we have more time to get scared.”

And Will flung himself through the doors.

Raphael and Bryony followed.

Maddy hesitated for a moment, worrying about the possible consequences.  Then she shrugged.  What choice did they have?  She hit the button to close the doors and ducked inside.

I’ve never seen a broken time machine before – I didn’t even know it was a possibility – and had no idea what level of handiness would be needed to repair it.  Since this wasn’t part of the challenge, I could have just replaced the machine and ignored it for story purposes, but I like to go with these odd developments the game throws at me.  As the story said, Will and Maddy had no handiness skill at all and Bryony wasn’t much better.  Fortunately, Raphael, the complete unknown, turned out to be at level seven.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty - Complications (continued)
« Reply #459 on: August 01, 2014, 06:23:26 PM »
Hannah rang Shermine as soon as she’d cleared Customs.  Shermine said she’d have to arrange for one of the other market traders to look after the shop but she should be able to get a flight the following day.  Hannah sat down contentedly to watch the cooking channel until bedtime.

Shermine hadn’t sent word of her arrival time but Grace had promised to watch out for visitors, so Hannah spent the morning in the library, finishing off Yummy and Delicious.

Then she went to work and managed to get another promotion – and a food processor that some rep had left in hopes of ingratiating himself with the head chef.

When she arrived home there was still no sign of her guest, so she blew some of her bonus on an international call.

“Hannah?  Yes, I am sorry.  There has been a…  I do not know the word.  The people who tell the aeroplanes where to go?  They will not work.”
“An air traffic controllers’ strike?  Are you camping out at the airport, then?  Take care of yourself.  See you tomorrow?”

She wondered why Shermine hadn’t made the first move and phoned to let her know of the delay but hey, international calls were expensive and that little shop couldn’t make much in the way of profit.

Just after Hannah left for work the following day, the household had a visitor – but it wasn’t Shermine.

Hannah came home to find a familiar figure standing outside the gate with the paparazzi.

“Didn’t Grand-mère let you in?  I suppose she’s too upset.”

And she burst into tears on Shermine’s shoulder.

But even her grief couldn’t overwhelm the excitement of seeing her friend for long – and she discovered that they were even more alike than she’d realised.

It seemed like the perfect moment to ask Shermine to move in – but she refused.

“Are you sure?  I really like you, Shermine.”
“I also like you.  But I do not know you well.  We are friends and I am happy but…”

“But you’d rather get to know me better before you commit yourself?  OK.  You must need a shower and a rest after all that hanging around in airports.  Come in and make yourself at home.”

The following day, they slept late, had a leisurely breakfast and followed it up with a hotly-contested game of Gnubb…

…but then Hannah had to go to work and when she came home there was no sign of Shermine.  Pearl said vaguely that she thought she had gone into town and then turned back to her fishing.

Hannah checked her phone.  Yes, Shermine was still in the area – but she wouldn’t answer Hannah’s calls.

“I’m sorry but I can’t think of anything else to try.  Will knew I’d added more layers of redundancy to the auto-return.”
“Mace, you’re paranoid but I love you.”
“It’s not paranoia, just sound engineering principles – reduce risk wherever feasible.  In this case, the overhead was minimal: more shielding and duplicate circuits, just with a time offset.”
“Meaning they’ll be arriving later?”
“Yes.  To keep it simple, I added two hours each time – which means they’re not due to arrive for quite a while yet.  Maybe we should go and see how our descendants are settling in here…”

It’s here!

Quinton’s yell was loud enough to wake the sleepers upstairs.  Still, he stayed at his computer while the others rushed outside.

Will staggered out of the doors, waving away the clouds of smoke that billowed from the machine’s interior.

Maddy followed him and then turned back.

“Bryony?  Rafe?  We’re here.  It’s safe to come out.”

And then she was engulfed in a husbandly hug.  Even Quinton’s devotion  to duty had its limits.

Hannah phoned repeatedly, at all hours of the day and night.  Sometimes it was too late and Shermine didn’t want to be disturbed – fair enough, she supposed.  But during the day, Shermine’s answering service said that she was too busy right now: call back later.  Too busy doing what?

Gradually, Hannah came to terms with the idea that Shermine didn’t want to talk to her.  She had no idea what had gone wrong but maybe she’d just better accept it.  She’d thought she’d had a girlfriend but apparently she’d mistaken a mere holiday romance for the real thing.  Maybe she should try to put it behind her and concentrate on her career.

She’d reached level eight and was faced with several non-working days before she could go for another promotion.  Well, not at work, anyway… which still left room for individual enterprise.  She put in several hours' hard work on Papa's old laptop and then took out her phone and dialled the boss’s number.

He came over but then, just like his predecessor, faded into untimely ghosthood at the crucial moment.

Hannah was just about to rail against Grim and his appalling sense of timing when she found herself cheering.  What?!

Worst.  Birthday.  Timing.  Ever.  It wasn’t as though she wanted to get older, after all.

She filled in the time before her next shift with odd jobs, like a request to take burgers to the police station.  Burgers?  She might still be working at the coffeeshop but she’d moved on rather a long way from burgers, thank you very much.  Still, an opportunity was an opportunity, she supposed.

Then she was asked to promote the local restaurant.  (Call that food?)

At intervals, she phoned Shermine, who was still too busy or too asleep to take her calls.

And, at last, a few days after her adult birthday, she became a five-star chef.

I’m not sure what happened to Shermine.  She seemed like a different Sim when she arrived in Starlight Shores (which I suppose she was, strictly speaking).  Then she seems to have glitched and become the more elusive form of local NPC.  When Hannah phoned she was either busy at work and didn’t know when she’d be free or, “Don’t you think it’s too late to call?”

Summary – Generation 16

Heir: Hannah Pauline
Traits: Excitable, Couch Potato, Ambitious, Natural Cook, Workaholic
Lifetime wish: The Culinary Librarian

Unique maxed career: Culinary
Two unique best friends: Casey Sampson, Beatriz Borovikov*
Three unique skill challenges: Star Chef, Menu Maven, World-Class Chef
Four unique opportunities: New High Quality Ingredients, We Love Falafel!, Burgers for Sims in Uniform, Best Food in Town**
Buildings bought this generation: Holy Cow Memorial Hospital, Plumbbob Pictures Backlot
Newly-upgraded properties: Eugi’s, Delmar Beach, Verde Park, La Laguna Park, Lidview Cemetery, Weight and Sea Rec Centre, Los Sueños Private Club, Port-a-Party Warehouse, The Brightmore, Urbane Center for the Arts
Vacations used: 3 out of 4

*Both were colleagues from the coffeeshop.
**Yes, it worked this time!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: End of the Line Dynasty - Complications (1 August)
« Reply #460 on: August 01, 2014, 06:56:12 PM »
Congrats to Hannah on completing her requirements!  Tough luck with Shermine.  I hate when that happens :(  Even though that time machine problem wasn't planned, it made for a great addition to the story.  Well done (as always)  ;D

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #461 on: August 02, 2014, 07:49:21 AM »
Congrats to Hannah on completing her requirements!  Tough luck with Shermine.  I hate when that happens :(  Even though that time machine problem wasn't planned, it made for a great addition to the story.  Well done (as always)  ;D

Thanks :).  Shermine glitching like that was a pity.  I thought for a while that it was because she was a merchant but then remembered that at least one of my earlier Sims had married a location merchant.  Whatever the reason, she refused to move in (more than once, in fact) and then disappeared.  It made getting to the end of the challenge a little anticlimactic :(.

There’s still another chapter or two of story left, to wrap things up, but this seemed like a good point to post the final statistics for the dynasty.

Starlight Shores Museum

The school collection (limited because graduations stopped again halfway through).

The Collections

1. Paintings
by Abi
Total value §44,570

2. Fish
Despite appearances, four perfect deathfish, caught by Pearl.
Total value §40,781

3. Space rocks
The four most valuable gigantic rocks from Ellie's collection: pallasite worth §14700, carbonaceous chondrite, §17575 and §19240, and mesosiderite, §31510.
Spotted falling to Earth by Pearl, Mark, Grace, Dan and/or JoAnn (I can’t remember the details, although Dan is by far the most likely).  Collected by Pearl, Justin and Ellie; analysed by Ellie.
Total value §83,025

4. Butterflies
Four rainbow butterfles, collected by Justin
Total value §4104

Total value for all four collections: §172,480

I was originally planning to have spirits as a collection for this town but Pearl didn’t seem to find any that were very valuable.  On the other hand, none of my other Sims have made anything like as much money from fishing.  The family finished the town with over ten million Simoleons in cash, largely from selling her deathfish.  The devaluation of insects in general, and glowy flies in particular, was a disappointment but the space rocks were worth far more than I expected.

All buildings and properties owned and fully upgraded.

Career Rewards

Abi’s rewards

Pearl’s rewards

Justin’s rewards

Ellie’s rewards

Hannah’s rewards

Official list: painting – Bouquet in Repose (Abi), Ghost Hunter’s Paranormal Ribbon (Pearl), Simmy for Best Actor (Justin), MinusOne Kelvin Refrigerator* (Hannah)

*So the family did end up with a chef’s fridge in each town, although they didn't get any benefit from this one.

And the graveyard, in the garden this time.

From left to right: Isaac and Abigail; Mark; Daniel; Justin and JoAnn in front, with Grace behind them; Ellie and Louis (who narrowly missed a large tombstone).

Qualifying large tombstones:  Isaac, Abi, Justin and Ellie.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2014, 08:14:48 AM »
Challenge stats

Since the heirs’ stats were scattered through the story, I wanted to gather them together in one place.

Generation 1

Heir: Adam
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Good, Ambitious, Photographer’s Eye, Charismatic   
Lifetime wish: Swimming in Cash
Maxed skill: Photography
Unique maxed career: Self-Employed Photographer
Two unique best friends: Bao Louie & Hui Young Kim
Three unique skill challenges: Architectural Eye, Photog, Shutternut
Four unique opportunities: Best in Show Competition, Visa Photograph, Al Simhara, Hospital Delivery

Generation 2

Heir: Philip
Traits: Athletic, Brave, Ambitious, Daredevil, Handy
Lifetime wish: Tinkerer
Maxed skills: Handiness, Athletic, Logic, Charisma
Unique maxed career: Firefighter
Two unique best friends: Kisha Andrew & Myron Gamez (genie)
Three unique skill challenges: Plumber, Electrician, Tinkerer
Four unique opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Precious Materials, Shower Upgrade, Try the Traps, Add It Up

Generation 3

Heir: Dora
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Excitable, Eco-Friendly, Vegetarian, Green Thumb
Lifetime wish: Perfect Garden
Maxed skills: Gardening
Unique maxed career: Self-Employed Gardener
Two unique best friends: Donnie Kang & Sedrick Souza
Three unique skill challenges: Master Planter, Botanical Boss, Master Farmer
Four unique opportunities: Ingredients Ripe for the Eating, Uncommonly Good, Peppers on Parade, A Just-in-Time Harvest

Generation 4

Heir: Michael
Traits: Heavy Sleeper, Artistic, Perfectionist, Avant Garde, Savvy Sculptor
Maxed skills: Sculpting
Unique maxed career: Self-Employed Sculptor
Two unique best friends: Alisha & Marlena Souza
Three unique skill challenges: Chiselmeister, Prolific Sculptor, Master Sculptor
Four unique opportunities: An Old Ruse, Sculpt a Suspect, The Banquet Centrepiece, A Valuable Sculpture

Generation 5

Heir: Tabitha
Traits: Friendly, Good, Snob, Charismatic, Hopeless Romantic   
Lifetime wish: Bottomless Nectar Cellar
Maxed skills: Nectar Making
Unique maxed career: Self-Employed Nectar Maker
Two unique best friends: David Haynes & Costanzo Rossi
Three unique skill challenges: Mix Master, Flavourful Feet, Nectar Master
Four unique opportunities: Just Business, Tough Negotiating, Let’s Dine, Looking for a Friend

Generation 6

Heir: Alexander
Traits: Couch Potato, Neurotic, Bookworm, Perfectionist, Loner, No Sense of Humour (from honorary degree)
Lifetime wish: Professional Author
Maxed skills: Logic, Writing
Unique maxed career: Investigator
Two unique best friends: Elisabeth Bailey & Miki Stallings
Three unique skill challenges: Prolific Author, Speed Writer, Specialist Writer
Four unique opportunities: Add a Little Drama, The Case of the Footsore Floater, The Case of the Tattooed Thief, Digging for Dirt

Generation 7

Heir: Robert
Traits: Good, Heavy Sleeper, Genius, Socially Awkward, Ambitious, Workaholic (from nerd influence)
Lifetime wish: Scientific Specialist
Maxed skills: Logic, Science
Unique maxed career: Medicine
Two unique best friends:  Khalid Herring & Francis Abernathy
Three unique skill challenges: Metal Collector, Free Range Scientist, Experienced Experimentalist
Four unique opportunities:  Make-A-Wish, Equipment Needs, Bad Medical Cliques, Good Friends With the Government

Generation 8

Heir: India
Traits: Athletic, Disciplined, Ambitious, Charismatic, Brave
Lifetime wish: Become a Superstar Athlete
Maxed skills: Athletic, Martial Arts, Charisma
Unique maxed career: Professional Sports
Two unique best friends: Christian Herring & Dolores Shorter
Three unique skill challenges: Timber Terminator, Body Builder, Master of Meditation
Four unique opportunities: The Focused Athlete, Ticket Counting, Adonis in the Making,  Tomb Raiding Hero

Generation 9

Heir: Simon
Traits: Eccentric, Excitable, Ambitious, Lucky, Schmoozer
Lifetime wish: CEO of a Mega-Corporation
Maxed skills: Inventing
Unique maxed career: Business
Two unique best friends: Tam Rao, Lee-Roy Johnkins
Three unique skill challenges: Gem Collector, The Scrap Collector, The Ultimate Invention
Four unique opportunities: Technical Arguments, Inflate Away, Exposition on Explosion, No Whistles Here

Summary – Generation 10

Heir: Kenneth
Traits: Good, Brave, Ambitious, Genius, Workaholic
Lifetime wish: Forensic Specialist: Dynamic DNA Profiler
Maxed skills: Logic, Painting
Unique maxed career: Law Enforcement (Forensic)
Two unique best friends: Layla and Jordan Lytle
Three unique skill challenges: Teacher Extraordinaire, Master Chemist, Skill Professor
Four unique opportunities: Fixing the Books, Photo Evidence, Smuggle Check, Extensive Case Work

Generation 11

Heir: Lionel/Leo
Traits: Evil, Artistic, Rebellious, Kleptomaniac, Avant Garde, Great Kisser (rebel influence)
Lifetime wish: Street Credible
Maxed skills: Street Art, Painting
Unique maxed career: Architectural Designer
Two unique best friends: Donald Burt, Nora Coley
Three unique skill challenges: Master Muralist, Always Wanted, Precision Sprayer
Four unique opportunities:  Commissioned Street Art, Deliver a Painting to China, A Small Painting, Business Model

Generation 12

Heir: Abigail
Traits: Artistic, Insane, Ambitious, Avant Garde, Perfectionist (rebel influence), Workaholic
Maxed skills: Painting
Unique maxed career: Art Appraiser (Acquisition)
Two unique best friends: Valarie Adcock, Brie Marin
Three unique skill challenges: Proficient Painter, Master Painter, Brushmaster
Four unique opportunities: Interior Décor, Advanced Art Training, Skilled Painting, Brilliance

Generation 13

Heir: Pearl
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Brave, Angler, No Sense of Humour, Sailor
Lifetime wish: Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium
Maxed skills: Fishing, Logic
Unique maxed career: Ghost Hunter
Other maxed career: Self-Employed Angler
Two unique best friends: Aloli Ra, Xiu Yi Sau Hing
Three unique skill challenges: Amateur Ichthyologist, Celestial Explorer, Commercial Fisherman
Four unique opportunities: Logic 101, Drink Promotion, Best. Haunted. House. Ever., A Fish of Life and Death

Generation 14

Heir: Justin
Traits: Athletic, Friendly, Ambitious, Natural Born Performer, Irresistible
Lifetime wish: Master Acrobat
Maxed skills: Athletic, Charisma
Unique maxed career: Acrobat
Other maxed career: Film (Acting)
Two unique best friends: Ife Toma, Monifa Hawass
Three unique skill challenges: Marathon Runner, Fitness Nut, Beetle Collector
Four unique opportunities: Showtime in the Park, No Sweat!, Talking Mimes, Tear Up the Dancefloor

Summary – Generation 15

Heir: Eleanor
Traits: Virtuoso, Loves the Outdoors, Ambitious, Charismatic, Natural Born Performer
Lifetime wish: Vocal Legend
Maxed skills: Guitar
Unique maxed career: Singer
Two unique best friends: Jeffrey Oakley, Teri Dupree
Three unique skill challenges: Amateur Rock Finder, Awesomest Rock Collector in the Universe, Master Guitarist
Four unique opportunities:  Networking is Key, Celebrity Body, Attend Master Class, Kumbaya

Summary – Generation 16

Heir: Hannah Pauline
Traits: Excitable, Couch Potato, Ambitious, Natural Cook, Workaholic
Lifetime wish: The Culinary Librarian
Maxed skills: Cooking
Unique maxed career: Culinary
Two unique best friends: Casey Sampson, Beatriz Borovikov
Three unique skill challenges: Star Chef, Menu Maven, World-Class Chef
Four unique opportunities: New High Quality Ingredients, We Love Falafel!, Burgers for Sims in Uniform, Best Food in Town

Town Collections

Hidden Springs

Wedding presents, upgraded appliances, harvestables (Chinese books grown on an omniplant), photos
Total value §243,991

Monte Vista

Sculptures, nectar, lifetime happiness rewards and beetles
Total value §250,693

Barnacle Bay

Inventions, celebrity gifts, gems and relics
Total value §253,816

Starlight Shores

Paintings, space rocks, butterflies and fish
Total value §172,480

Total value of collections for all four towns: §920,980.
Challenge completed on week 80, day 5.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Congratulations Hazel on finishing up, what a wonderfull journey, and nice with the summary at the end :D

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Thank you :).  It did seem interminable at times (and getting the screenshots for the rest of the story is likely to take a while longer) but it's mostly been fun.

anything