Author Topic: End of the Line Dynasty (4x4)  (Read 179117 times)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
Re: End of the Line Dynasty (completed): The Final Task - 6 Aug
« Reply #480 on: August 11, 2014, 07:53:52 AM »
I'm done... Breath in, Breath out. It's taken ages, but this lurker has finished, I loved this story, will we ever get to find out what happens after it?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2014, 03:29:48 PM »
Thank you.  It's always nice to hear from lurkers - I was one myself for ages :)

There's a bit more epilogue-y stuff, assuming my sick computer will behave for long enough to get the screenshots.  As to follow-up, I have no idea at this stage.  I didn't expect the DecaDynasty and Life States stories to carry on, so who knows...?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty (completed)
« Reply #482 on: August 14, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »
Revivals, Reunions and a Recap

As soon as Sam and Sophia had started to come to terms with the idea of being back in the living world again, Hannah took them over to the kitchen to meet two people who’d been awaiting their return for a very long time.

Maddy and Lou cut short the welcomes and sat them down with large plates of Ambrosia.  Sophia stared at the dish suspiciously.  Fish and – fruit?  On the same plate?  How could that possibly work?  Sam just tucked in.

And so, for the second time, he felt himself turning from grey ghost into green human and, reassured that it didn’t seem to be doing him any harm, Sophia also ate the strange food.

Hardly believing it, she felt her body grow solid again…

…and she rushed around the counter to hug and thank her mother.

Then Sam wormed his way past her.

“Maddy!  I never realised Soph had such a gorgeous mum!”

Hmm…  She’d have to keep an eye on him.  She’d never realised Sam was such a smoothie.  Still, she should probably get to know her mother-in-law, too.  Then it hit her.  She was face to face with an idol.  This wasn’t just Sam’s mum.  It was Louisa.  The Louisa.  Annals Louisa.  The face from the poster on her bedroom wall back in Sunset Valley.  Oh dear.  This was not a good time to come over all fangirly.

Fortunately, Lou realised what the problem was.  She smiled and reached out to hug her daughter-in-law.

“Sophia, thank you for making my poor little Sam so happy.  You’re just what he needed...  And now, both of you, come on.  Your dads want to say hello again, too, you know.”

More strange stuff – but Sophia trusted her father.  Well, mostly.  Sam, it appeared, had no doubts.

And suddenly, they were young again.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty (completed)
« Reply #483 on: August 14, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »
Grim gave them a couple of hours to rest and chat, then hurried them upstairs, while his team prepared for a very hard few hours’ work.  The meeting room had been redecorated and now resembled an old-fashioned cinema.  At either side of the screen was a curtained door, all ready for big entrances.  Nobody should have been surprised that Grim had a flair for the dramatic – all of that ominous music and scythe-waving was a pretty huge clue, after all.

At his insistence, Sam and Sophia sat down in the middle of the front row.  The lights dimmed and the screen lit up.

“Remember this?”

“Oh no!”

Sophia shrank into herself.  She remembered what came next: what she’d said.

“It’s all right, Sophia.  I’ll spare your blushes.  Just think of it as an establishing shot.  This is only the edited highlights, after all.  There won’t be anything too personal.”

And he quickly moved on to their helpers.

“Thanks to them, you were soon able to build your first house – a home for Adam, the first child of the dynasty.”

“…And, eventually, all three of your children found their own partners…

“Although some took longer than others.”

Emmaline had been watching Grim intently.  Now, at a nod, she whooped, bounced out of her seat and threw herself on to the stage.

Hang on!  Emmaline and…  Luke?!

Grim seemed to realise they needed time to get over that surprise.  He talked about their later years, settling into retirement and seeing their two eldest grandchildren grow up…

“…But your two grandsons were soon outnumbered by your granddaughters.”

He continued, telling of Phil’s successes as a fireman and the arrival of the next generation.  Sophia couldn’t help noticing that Grim had rather skated over the matter of Dora’s mother.  She glanced across at Lily and saw that her daughter-in-law’s expression was unusually hard.  What had happened there?

She resolved to ask Lily about it later and turned her attention back to the screen and the story of Dora and Jack.

“…And so Michael finished his tasks and the first museum was complete.  It was time to move on and start again in a new town.  Michael and Tansy left Hidden Springs…

“…and made their new home in Monte Vista.

“Yet again, the family owes a lot to its helpers – and, in this case, particularly to Carlotta Gils-Carbo, who agreed to leave her husband and small son and move in with the new arrivals in town.

“It wasn’t until Goopy had grown all the way from toddler to young adult that the family was reunited – and Carlotta and Eduardo lived to see their grandchildren become part of the family they’d helped so selflessly.”

For Sophia, everything started to blur together at about this point.  She began to wish Grim would call a halt – it was too much information to take in all at once.  So many descendants!  So many careers, so many skills!

Such diverse personalities!  Pirates?  Really?

And not just humans, either.  She remembered Adam’s doll arriving in the post and Sam trying to convince her that imaginary friends were real in his world.  Now it seemed that one of her many-greats-grandsons had married one – and had produced generations of imaginary descendants.

Then there was the girl who had grown from a seed – and the one who had been so envious of her plantlike state that she had briefly emulated it.

So many stories!  Lovers who had been inseparable even in death…

…and others who had been separated for far too long.

Life after life after life…  And then Sophia realised that the story had reached the final move – Abigail’s sudden decision to leave Barnacle Bay and move before everyone and everything she loved was destroyed.

And on to Starlight Shores, a world of stardom and fame.  A world of mermaids.  Of jugglers and acrobats.  Of a singer who had found renown but despaired of ever finding a mate – until she met a dashing Frenchman who shared her love of music.

And so, finally, it came back to the distant descendant they’d already met: Hannah Pauline Gold, five-star chef.  The pictures on the screen faded to black and the house lights came up.  The room, which had seemed so empty when they arrived, was now packed.  Every seat was full – full of their descendants.  Hers and Sam’s.  She hoped Grim would give them a day or two to talk to everyone, relax, settle down into their new status as patriarch and matriarch.  No, that was never going to feel right.  Far too grand.  But at least she and Sam could get to know these people – think of them all as their kids, their family, instead of a load of confusing strangers.

They were all preparing to leave their seats when Hannah walked over to Grim’s podium and stopped them.

“Everyone, please wait!  I know it’s been a long day – or whatever – but please stay a few minutes longer.  I want you all as witnesses.  This is Shermine.  As you’ve seen, I met her in Egypt but then I lost her.  Now Grim’s brought her back to me and I don’t want her to get away again.”

And she fell to one knee and pulled out a genie ring.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #484 on: August 14, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »
Awwww!  That was fantastic hazel!  Oh my goodness, that was a brilliant way to do a recap of the generations and the proposal... that is just too awesome!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2014, 03:24:54 PM »
Awwww!  That was fantastic hazel!  Oh my goodness, that was a brilliant way to do a recap of the generations and the proposal... that is just too awesome!

Thank you :D.  And what a quick reply!  I hadn't even finished struggling against my dying computer to get everything linked and updated :).

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
I love how some of them got bored during the film. Though I suppose I can't blame 'em. And what Shewolf said, wonderful recap.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
That was such a cool way to summarize the dynasty!  Also, I was so happy to see that Hannah finally got to be with Shermine  ;D

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
I love how some of them got bored during the film. Though I suppose I can't blame 'em.

Some of them were really bored.  Ivy Riverhawk kept getting up and walking around :).  I was worried that it was going on a bit, which is why I skipped over most of it and some of the spares didn't appear in the final version, even though I originally had screenshots of everyone.

And what Shewolf said, wonderful recap.

That was such a cool way to summarize the dynasty!  Also, I was so happy to see that Hannah finally got to be with Shermine  ;D

Thank you  ;D.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty
« Reply #489 on: August 24, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »
A Photoshoot and a Party

Grim agreed with Sophia: everyone needed a few days to recover.  Time to reflect on what they’d achieved.  Time to spend with like-minded people.

Time to renew old family bonds, to chat with old friends and to make new ones.  And, for some, to embark on relationships that promised to become rather more.

As promised, Deirdra arrived, bringing Emily and Marabel – and two unexpected additions to the party.

Marabel was delighted to meet her great-niece at last…

…while Riley was keen to talk to some other members of the family.

“…So I thought, why not give them some encouragement?  If I keep sending dolls, maybe someone will make the next move and turn their ‘imaginary’ friend human.  And then you two made it happen – finally, the family had an heir of my own kind…”

Adam and Will organised a photoshoot: official engagement pictures for Hannah and Shermine…

…and group photos of the heirs.

Will, fascinated by his colourful descendants, assembled groups of both the brightly-coloured…

…and the subtler-hued.

Bryony outraged some of her more conventional relatives with her casual attitude to sitting in a miniskirt.

“Oh, come on!  It’s like a tennis dress: it’s got built-in knickers.  It doesn’t matter how I sit.”

Riley requested another photo – the seven imaginary friends in their ‘true forms’, as he put it.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty
« Reply #490 on: August 24, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »
A Photoshoot and a Party (continued)

It was the greatest party Grim’s world had ever seen (and possibly also the only one – but no-one quite wanted to ask).

Justin started the celebration with a display of acrobatics and juggling…

…and Ellie followed her father, with a short set of favourite songs (ending, naturally, with Oogie Fever).

Then Will took over, first playing a medley of his best-known film themes and then moving into quieter, more nostalgic, territory with Quartet for Ana.

This led into a complete performance of Annals, including Sam’s postscript, Going for Gold.

Lou announced at the end that she and Sam were planning an entire follow-up album, with contributions from all of the other musically-inclined Gooles and Golds.

Then the chairs were cleared away and the dancing started.

Eventually, people started to leave.  Emily was taking a large group back to Twinbrook – the old Goole house had plenty of space, after all.  Others were staying with their new friends.  Riley, surprisingly, had said that the imaginary friends were welcome to visit him at any time – just as long as they phoned in advance: he needed time to call off the guard dogs.  Hannah and Shermine were off to visit their families in France and Egypt, although they promised to invite everyone to the wedding.

The goodbyes took a very long time…

…but at last Grim found himself alone again…

…at least, for now.

Credits

Thanks to:
  • cmomoney for Pose Player
  • traelia, Kilhian, Danzxncrd, Delight33, and BubbleClouds Sims for the non-EA poses
  • traelia, Severinka and Daluved1 for accessories
  • and, as always, Twallan for his suite of mods.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
Re: End of the Line Dynasty: final chapter (24 August)
« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2014, 03:41:49 PM »
Who's the sim in the last shot? It's been a long time, so excuse me if that's an heiress or something. And why is grim hinting at the fact that something or somebody's gonna come?

Congratulations on finishing. IT's been fun, at least for me.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #492 on: August 24, 2014, 08:06:30 PM »
Awesome finale, Hazel! I hope that's not the end of the family though...fingers crossed for new adventures with the Gooles and Golds ;D

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #493 on: August 24, 2014, 09:48:11 PM »
I caught up with this just in time to catch the end. I've got to say, it's been really fun reading through this and seeing how you handled all the different characters and situations throughout this run...

And also that I am oddly fond of any story that, at least partially, ends with everyone dancing. Of course, then it had to get ominous XP
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #494 on: August 25, 2014, 09:59:17 AM »
Who's the sim in the last shot? It's been a long time, so excuse me if that's an heiress or something.

The mystery Sim is Grim's assistant from earlier 'interlude' chapters, aka Hazel Knutt, my Simself (which is why she was tapping away at a computer at the end).

And why is grim hinting at the fact that something or somebody's gonna come?

That was just me leaving things open for possible future dynasties, which would definitely involve Grim in some way.  At the moment, I have none planned - I may do the Domination Dynasty at a later date but I want to get back to my Household Skills Project next, because that will include all the things I've not yet done in Sims 3.

Congratulations on finishing. IT's been fun, at least for me.

Thank you :D.

Awesome finale, Hazel! I hope that's not the end of the family though...fingers crossed for new adventures with the Gooles and Golds ;D

Thanks  ;D.  They may reappear at some point: I'm very fond of the family.  Phil in particular feels like unfinished business.  I was hoping he'd find true love at the end but all of the compatible Sims were too closely related for romance.

Incidentally, when the main game was finished, I put all of the single Sims in a house together and left them on high freewill to see who paired up.  It was love at first sight for Laura and Gino.  The Martin/Grace and Tim/Jessica relationships started more slowly but were equally definite - and Chris and Chloe became very much an item.

I caught up with this just in time to catch the end. I've got to say, it's been really fun reading through this and seeing how you handled all the different characters and situations throughout this run...

And also that I am oddly fond of any story that, at least partially, ends with everyone dancing. Of course, then it had to get ominous XP

Thanks :D.  As I said to Geniequeen above, it's not really ominous.  It's just that Grim will have to appear in any future dynasty stories :).

anything