Author Topic: The Clojo 4x4 Dynasty (Move to Graveyard)  (Read 44443 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Life in a Dynasty House
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
Oh boy, it has been a while!  Steam had a winter sale.  I got distracted.  Let's see here ...

I really like this dynasty! As a DV player myself, it's also great to see other people getting into it. Word of warning though: In my experience, those Lawless genes usually overpower any other townie gene they come across, particularly lips.

The Orphanage has a great selection of potential spouses.  It's been hard to pick which ones I'll use for the heirs.

Hehe, you tell him, Starshine! Can horses really ask rude guests to leave the lot? Because that would be hilarious. Nice to see Ava's coloring still going strong.

I'm not sure who asked him to leave.  Everyone got a rude guest buff, including the pets, and Starshine was clearly not enjoying the man's presence.  Ava's coloring, eh?  Not her entire face?  Because her line has been a series of matrilineal clones so far.

I just found this, and there are so many things I want to say, but the most important is:
Freddie got MARRIED?!?

What can I say?  He found his soul mate.

Filly is gorgeous! I love her colouring. I can't wait to see who she marries!

You're in luck!

-----

Chloe, having grown up in a boarding school, enjoyed the novelty of the dynasty house for a while.  But, the weirder it got, the more she longed for a home of her own.  With her son getting bigger by the day, she decided to strike out on her own.

She was able to afford through the kick-out option what buying a house on Clojo funds would not have accomplished.  Everyone was impressed.

Meanwhile, Filly had set her sights on the next Clojo dynasty spouse.  Corren Dwyer was such a dreamboat.  Perhaps it was just her facial structure, but the Watcher had never seen a sim make moon-eyes at a romantic interest that way before.

Neither had Corren.  The guy never stood a chance.

Filly called her mom and asked for her to meet them in the Renaissance Park with her wand and a cure potion.  Morgana arrived just in time to roll her eyes at youthful nonsense.

Sadly, curing Corren also turned him into an old man.  Who knows how long he'd been stuck in werewolf form.  But, if it had kept him around, Filly had no complaints.

A Fountain of Youth potion and some time at the vanity table later, Corren was ready to enter the Clojo family.  With his hair adjusted, he looked a lot like Lenny Kravitz, so the Watcher gave him some gold eyeliner because that's what Lenny was wearing the last time she saw him on screen.

Corren would prefer no one ever see some of his default outfits, but the watcher is going to show you anyway, because holy cow.

It's okay.  In the end, he was looking very dapper indeed.  This is what Filly saw when she entered their bedroom directly after his makeover.

And this is how she reacted:

Morgana, totally not spying from outside, bore witness to the proposal.

This time she didn't roll her eyes.

On Corren's first day in the house, the butler died trying to repair the phonograph.

Then Arthur got an impossible request from the hospital within his earshot.

A little later, a meteorite struck several hundred feet away from the house, but still somehow set the house on fire.  It was in this moment that Corren realized that his bride to be seemed kind of fond of fires.

And that maybe Arthur had befriended Bonehilda after all.

It was a lot to take in.

Filly was amused but understanding and assured him that he'd grow to love it.  He loved her, so he figured loving her family wouldn't be so hard in the grand scheme of things.

Though she'd wished to see her daughter married, Morgana was needed elsewhere.  Somewhere out there, Liam was waiting.

The Watcher swears she saw Morgana smile right before she left the mortal coil.

Filly was heartbroken.  She promised to make her mother proud before moving her obliesk into the family cemetery.

Grim had barely vanished from the Clojo premises when Luna woke up with a strange tingling sensation.  Her husband was on the treadmill in the basement, running through the pain of losing his sister.  She didn't want him to have to lose her too, but when the time comes, it comes.

Her last moments were spent staring wistfully at a long-ago photo of the two of them.

Poor Corren was there when Arthur finally made it up to the room.  It was a hard day for everyone.

In the hours that followed, the house was hushed.  Filly talked little Nebula through her first feelings of mourning.  Comforting the little creature gave her a kind of comfort that only someone like Filly could ever truly understand.

Arthur spent those hours with his daughter.  While the time spent together had started with much embracing and sobbing, it quickly developed into Arthur getting to know his daughter in a way he never had before, and regaling her with stories of how proud Luna had been of her.  How proud they both had always been.

Whether Morgana and Luna could peek through the curtains of the beyond to see their family rally together so beautifully in a moment of grief, no one will ever know for certain.

But mortality is a funny thing.  It's dark and sad and it makes us panic, but there's also that glimmer of encouragement to make the most of the time you've had.  Especially when you lose someone who had been, in every way, truly, unquestioningly remarkable.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Clojo 4x4 Dynasty - Life in a Dynasty House
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »

Yay! Tilia and Clojos are back!  ;D I'm a little way too excited about that, but this was a wonderful surprise and pick me up. Hope all is well with you. Poignant and touching as always.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2014, 07:51:50 PM »
Lol, I re-read this today, and about halfway through I noticed it had been updated. Yay!
Oh, aging up outfits......I think I've seen exactly one good one in my games. Oiy.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »
The first thing I noticed was how sharp your graphics look now. What a way to return! ;D

Anyways, the last part about mortality was truly beautiful. RIP Morgana.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Life Imitates Art
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »
Hi all! 

So, I don't know where you all hail from, but chances are good one or two thousand of you have seen the viral Craigslist post this week about the Abandoned Brooklyn Cat.  He is also known as Suitcase Cat and/or Has Balls.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to link you to the threads on this, but a quick Google will give you all you need to know.  So, hey, funny story, that's me.  I posted that.  That cat was abandoned in MY building and MY phone has not stopped ringing for four days straight.

The one poor kitty turned out to be two, and after a whole lot of drama, both are currently in care.  One has been adopted and is awaiting her test results and the other is (by a string of really unfortunate events) at the ACC and has just been diagnosed with Kitty Lukemia. 

I'm getting a lot of hate mail blaming me for letting the ACC get him, but I swear to all that's Holy, it was not my fault.

Anyway, I pulled up my Sims folders today so I could try to transfer my Yakshi saves over to my new computer, and realized I had ten screenshots from the Clojo dynasty that I hadn't uploaded.

Oh man.  I had forgotten about this.

So ... uh, right after losing his sister and wife, Arthur retired.  He spent a lot of time in the yard with this stray, who he named Lovegood.

This stray liked to be petted.  It obviously used to have a home.  Arthur wanted to make sure he was loved again.  It gave him a sense of purpose.

It only took one day of retirement for Arthur to move Lovegood into the house permanently.

Rescued cats are always a little jittery and scared, but ultimately, they are happy to be warm and fed, just like Mini-Mew here.

Unfortunately, Arthur is my sim.  As my sim, he experiences my luck.  And the first night of Lovegood's life as a Clojo was also his last.

I just got the lukemia news today.  The internet is exploding again and people are telling me to kill myself and such.  I feel a lot like Arthur right now.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Clojo 4x4 Dynasty - Life Imitates Art
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2014, 07:03:44 PM »
That's certainly an interesting story! And it's sad that a lot of the blame is shifted on to you.

I didn't hear the story before you mentioned it. Nice way to integrate the leftover screenshots into it.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »

Glad to know you're already settling right in to your new home . . . and apparently making waves!  ;) Seriously, at least you took the cats in and tried to find homes for them during some of the coldest weather this country has seen in awhile. It's unfortunate there are so many ignorant haters out their on the internet. Stay safe!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »
Oh, how annoying of people to send hate mail when they don't know the whole story.

I had a cat who died of kitty leukemia once, we didn't know until his body was already failing so we had to put him down. Such a sad, sad time.

And poor Arthur :(

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »
Sorry about the jerks. With all the publicity, I'm sure a good person, who knows how to care for a cat with health issues, will step forward.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »
I looked up the craigslist post and stuff online, and WOW, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all that AND nosy, judgmental people with too much time on their hands calling you with hate mail. You don't deserve that at all. :( All my best to you and those poor cats, and I think it's a safe bet that everyone here is so proud of you for rescuing and looking out for them in the first place. You have such a big heart! <3
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2014, 09:52:05 PM »
Oh Tilia!  I am so sorry you are being blamed!  I saw that post about the poor kitty.  What happened wasn't your fault!  You did the best you could :(  I hope things get better for you.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
A Farewell to Egypt
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2014, 06:42:51 PM »
Thanks for your support, everyone.  Both cats are now safely adopted and my phone has finally stopped ringing!  Yay for happy endings.  You guys are awesome

-----

Filly had had just about enough sadness and moping.  She rounded up her fiance and her favorite Uncle and insisted that they depart to a place full of good memories of her mother and Luna and chock full of adventure and un-timed time in which to work on skills and distract themselves.  Hello, Egypt.

It was Arthur who held the level 2 visa, so he began taking adventures in a futile hope to procure Morgana's coveted Eye of Horus.  Spoiler: we didn't have enough gold coins.  But, he still got something out of it.  He realized he was not the only widowed elder on the planet.

And when he ran into Meret, who had been a little girl the last time he was here, he realized that at least he'd had love in his life.  Meret was a lifelong bachelorette.

And as once, long ago, she'd helped him foil MarcuCorp's evil schemes, Arthur spent a lot of time catching up with her.  She had grown into a charming woman who didn't understand why the watcher had left Arthur for two elderhoods in a tweed jacket and swim trunks.

The Watcher is sorry.  But, either way, Meret proved to be a true friend to the family.

And really made Arthur realize how wonderful his life had been.

When it came time to go, they hugged and Meret promised to write.

Arthur definitely didn't cast an autonomous love spell on himself and destroy the charm of the whole thing behind the Watcher's back.  Nope.  That did not happen.

Almost as soon as they returned home, Arthur left the Clojo clan.  He had found his peace and was ready to rejoin his wife and sister.

Death stuck around to shout at the Butler for being bad at her job.  To be fair, she is horrible at her job.

As Arthur's departure rounded off the end of Morgana's reign over the Clojo dynasty, Filly was really thinking hard about what she was going to contribute to it.

Her husband had taken to writing trashy, semi-autobiographical novels that were a great success on the best seller chart.  His recent books, "Lycanophile" and "Embracing the Wolf," had resulted in very large weekly royalty checks.

Though there was something perverse about the fact that he worked out of Filly's childhood bedroom.

Filly realized there was only so much time that could be spent on her horseriding.  After all, the horses had to sleep.  Dark had been sold to a jockey she knew from work and she'd replaced him with a new adoptee named Gift Horse.  Starshine was on the cusp of elderhood and Nebula was learning to jump.

So, Filly decided it was genie time.  Some money for the property buyout project and a new household member before she'd be freed.  Filly chose Sophia Carroll, dragonslayer.

Sophia was confused by her resurrection, but willing to listen.

She was moved in, made young again (after the photos, unfortunately) and given a wardrobe that didn't consist of a maternity nightgown and gloves.

Formal:

Totally unreasonable winterwear:

Ironically enough, Sophia's favorite part of the arcane study area in the basement was the chemistry set.  Though, I guess for a dragonslayer, it was the most outrageous thing in the collection.  So she started to learn and thought about what this new life would bring.

Filly went back to horseriding, but felt secure that at least her generation would be as interesting as the last.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Failure Panic
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
Filly has been working her tookus off to make this thing work.  She's chased around countless wild horses and at least one unicorn named Booty.  She has successfully adopted only one.

Meanwhile, she does everything in her power to maintain her relationship with Gift, who enjoys throwing her as often as possible.  As soon as he's "trained," she'll feel a wave of relief.

Her equestrian obsession has left the other household members to their own devices.  This is fine for Sophia, but did allow her husband-to-be (we hope) to be wrangled into a bachelor party after Orion Lawless's fortieth call suggesting it.

It also resulted in forgetting to pay bills, which means we lost an alchemy cabinet.

The bachelor party was to be held at the Renaissance Fair.  Unfortunately, it rained. 

But, that was where Sophia met John Burb.  Sparks flew.

A few long lost Clojos showed up.  Lance's son Rashad:

Chloe:

And Lance himself, who had to leave the party early:

This created some awkward interactions in the guests who were trying to pick up the sexy maids.

Filly, who for whatever reason was dressed for the event, missed it while trying to train her wild horse.

She did make time to remind her fiance why she was better than a party dancer when he came home, though.

After that, John Burb started showing up everywhere Sophia went. 

She didn't mind at all.  In fact, one of her greatest regrets in her first life was that she never made time for romance and family.

But, with the dragon threat in Dragon Valley firmly solved, Sophia had time to indulge.

It was all very romantic.

Filly missed the whole thing.  She was in a state trying to make things happen before it was too late.  And it was very nearly too late.  (old lady pigtails.)

On her elder birthday, she agreed to let Starshine join Charlie on the ranch near her home.  This brought her to the bottom of Level 9 horsewoman.  She hoped that she could get there in time.

After all, around her constantly were reminders that life goes on, whether or not she succeeds.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Clojo 4x4 Dynasty - Failure Panic
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2014, 11:25:37 AM »
I hope Filly can get the remainder of her requirements done in a timely manner!

Nice to see that Sophia found some happiness, though.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Clojo 4x4 Dynasty - Failure Panic
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
Oh, time moves so quickly sometimes! I hope you get it done in time...

anything