Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 327927 times)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Learning to Grow Up - Heir Poll
« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2014, 08:48:31 AM »
Real life first Livvie, anything else could catch up later. Don’t worry about us. I also choose to stay away if my mind is not in the right place—because that’d suffer my story and my game fun factor as well.

It’s nice to know about their bonds with each other, which were so sweet of them despite of the heir things. Nice to know about the name that I familiar about—in my game I let him be with the one because of that attraction—my game heavily damaged with such attraction even in a new game.

Glad to know the boys are truly being themselves but at one point there’s something that would lead to one---that’d give boost more point for someone. It’s hard for me to choose because I love them both; I love how you represent your heir this time. I have chose at least, but I won’t tell hope the best would be the winner. See you again in the next town, Reaper :)

Happy New Year, Livvie :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Learning to Grow Up - Heir Poll
« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2014, 06:47:11 PM »
 Real world as first priority, Livvie! Hope everything will be alright for you :)
I already voted... and won’t even say any word.
And I wish for Dragon Valley ::) Only Livvie knows about this.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Family Affairs
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2014, 03:15:03 PM »
Always put real life first, Livvie. =3 I hope that everything you're going through looks up. It's the New Year! NEW BEGINNINGS.

You've made this way to hard a decision...way way way to hard. But I voted! Somehow, I voted. I really hope their relationship holds up.
Thank you for the kind words. I really do need to start fresh, and what better to do that than the cliche of the new year?
I'm glad that the decision took a moment to choose. I'm pretty excited about who won... I've had this story I wanted to do planned out for almost a month, but I just needed to get the right plan in motion... and now it is!

I'm sorry to hear about your job situations but as Mizzilee said I hope that everything will look up for you in the new year:)

Anyways I couldn't help but vote for Atrox. I would love to see how his children turns out and I think Lunar Lakes seems like a fun place to explore.
Thank you kindly, it's hard getting started in a new place. Atrox will always be one of my favorites. I've saved all of my Sims to the Sim Bin as I go. Maybe as soon as I can figure out how to use the swap shop I can put a few of my simmies from this legacy up for others to enjoy!

Real life first Livvie, anything else could catch up later. Don’t worry about us. I also choose to stay away if my mind is not in the right place—because that’d suffer my story and my game fun factor as well.

It’s nice to know about their bonds with each other, which were so sweet of them despite of the heir things. Nice to know about the name that I familiar about—in my game I let him be with the one because of that attraction—my game heavily damaged with such attraction even in a new game.

Glad to know the boys are truly being themselves but at one point there’s something that would lead to one---that’d give boost more point for someone. It’s hard for me to choose because I love them both; I love how you represent your heir this time. I have chose at least, but I won’t tell hope the best would be the winner. See you again in the next town, Reaper :)

Happy New Year, Livvie :)
I agree with the right-frame-of-mind affecting my story telling... especially now that I've got a new plot to tell!

I'm sorry to hear your attraction system seems to be going on the fritz! In Monte Vista I hardly have any Sims with traits that match up with my Sims (I use such varying traits from all expansions) so no one ever seems to be attracted to my sims...

Hopefully everyone will be happy with the next heir...

Happy New Year, Eld! :)

Real world as first priority, Livvie! Hope everything will be alright for you :)
I already voted... and won’t even say any word.
And I wish for Dragon Valley ::) Only Livvie knows about this.
Thank you!
Dragon Valley won't be for a while... but when it does... it should be special. :)

Anyways, this is a small update that isn't about the new heir... but rather about the family.

Family Affairs

First Generation
Agnes and Tragic Reaper

Agnes and Tragic Reaper, the founders of our Legacy. What have they been up to? Tragic has been rising in the ranks in the Medical career and hasn't stopped working. Agnes continues to paint and write novels. They're both happily married and spend a majority of their time doting on their grand and great-grand kids as elders.

Second Generation
Cain Romano-Reaper

Cain Romano-Reaper (nee - Reaper), the eldest son, was quickly married to Paola Romano upon arriving in Monte Vista. He and Paola are often seen amongst the town causing awe-inducing smiles. Cain joined the music industry and is rising in the ranks there while balancing his home life almost perfectly. When he and Paola married, they saved up all of their money and moved out Paola's brother's house, taking Paola's son (Cain's Stepson) Orlando with them. Now that they are moved into a nicer house they expanded their family too. Lisette and Cedrick were born shortly after each other and Cain and Paola have been living the dream life ever since. Story progression never has a bad thing to say about them. Cain even helped his stepson Orlando marry Victoria Costa in a beautiful wedding. Lisette is now a child in age and Cedrick is going to follow closely behind but he is still a toddler.

Aurora Reaper

Aurora, our second Generation heiress, has since moved out of the Reaper Mansion to continue building her life with Giacomo on her own. She and Giacomo have been quietly attending their jobs and just enjoying solitude between the two of them. Giacomo finally hit the top of the Thieving career, and Aurora is happy attending to her gigs.

Isolde Reaper-Burgos

Isolde was a singular duck for a long while. She had small affairs with Khang Reaper (nee - Seng) prior to him marrying Raven Reaper (Isolde's younger sister and heiress). When the affairs fell apart, she quit her job as an inventor and followed her father into the medical career. She's been melancholic in her life and often doesn't push to better herself. She has continued to live with and take care of her parents as they grow older, but recently she finally found Cruz Burgos to join her and keep her company. They were an item for a very long time before they finally got married in a whirlwind wedding. She and Cruz have yet to leave her parents side as she worries for them as they grow older.

Isabel Reaper

Isabel Reaper has a beautifully tragic story after we left her last. Isabel gave up her life of scuba diving so she could attend to her parents aging needs. She joined the medical career along with her twin, Isolde, so she might better take care of her parents. Isabel was always happy with the small things in life and she always made the best of every situation. Isabel got in a long term relationship with a man named Luis Toledo, he was an elder from the start but he made her happy. After a while in their relationship Isabel announced that she was pregnant with Kay, her only child. Shortly after Kay was born, Luis died. Heartbroken, Isabel sort of vanished from most appearances. She wouldn't come to parties and she buried herself in her work at the hospital. After two weeks of mourning she finally found love again with Louis Tomlin. Not much is heard from either party, but it would appear that after her last relationship that Isabel wishes to take things much slower now. Kay Reaper is now a child.

Raven Reaper

Raven Reaper, our heiress along with Aurora from the second generation, moved out quickly after her son Falor married Demi in order to give room for grandchildren. Raven and Khang moved out into a nice family house in the Center of town where they made quick work to fill up some of the empty rooms. Laron was born almost immediately after moved in. Khang and Raven have been quietly raising their second son and enjoying their time together. Raven works on her magic and potions while Khang continues to strive for Profession Athlete status.

Aliester Reaper

Aliester lived the solo life for a long time. He dated Cipriana Costa on and off in high school (only to be dumped, often for someone else), and he quickly joined the Private Eye career. He works hard and pushes for promotions... when he isn't struggling to keep his love-life in check. He currently has an on-again off-again relationship with Nicoletta Lombardi, more off-again than on-again really. Not much else has been heard from Aliester though.

Third Generation

Emrin Reaper

Our heiress about to pass off the torch to one of her two sons, Atrox or Noten.

Falor Reaper

Falor struggled for the long time after the loss of his soulmate, Demi. as soon as she was resurrected he made quick work and married her. When we left them Demi was pregnant with twins - Miles and Annie. Falor became a ghost hunter and started to buy up the town as a business tycoon. Demi mostly stays home with the twins as a stay-at-home mom and photographer. Demi and Falor recently announced another pregnancy that is still progressing.

Ezran Reaper

Ezran has been often seen around the high school, as a recent age-up he quickly joined the Salon and is working to make the town more gorgeous - much like he is.

Lisette Romano-Reaper

Daughter of Cain and Paola Romano-Reaper.

Cedrick Romano-Reaper

Son of Cain and Paola Romano-Reaper.

Kay Reaper

Daughter of Isabel Reaper and Luis Toledo.

Laron Reaper

Second son of Raven and Khang Reaper.

Fourth Generation
Noten Reaper

The genetically engineered son of Emrin Reaper and Asher Dunes.

Atrox Reaper

Son of Emrin Reaper and Felix Finn.

Miles Reaper

Son of Falor and Demi Reaper. Twin of Annie Reaper.

Annie Reaper

Daughter of Falor and Demi Reaper. Twin of Miles Reaper.

**Some children have been aged up for the picture, then placed back down to their natural age. :)

Anyways, I guess I'm going to delve into how to add to the swap shop, so this would be a good time to make any requests if anyone would like a certain sim up for download! Thank you all for voting in the last heir poll, the heir will be announced soon!

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »
I love this update! I don't mind if you're not posted about heir, they are also Reapers :)

Oh, Isabel… The good thing that you did is make someone unnoticed to be happy. I bet no one looking at that poor old man. Even that he was gone, but there is Kay who always be there with you, Isabel.

Oh, I love Lisette and Kay!

It’s nice that you considered about the rest of family as well, I hope that there is a plot that involved them as well as key person, so at least they are having role, just like what you did for Emrin's story arc :)
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »
(First post ever, please forgive me if I mess this up)   I love your story Livvie, read the whole thing in like 2 days! Its a really hard choice between Noten and Atrox, but either way it'll be exciting. Uncle Ezran is hilarious, especially his little hair swoop. Keep up the excellent work, this story is addicting!  :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »
I love this update! I don't mind if you're not posted about heir, they are also Reapers :)

Oh, Isabel… The good thing that you did is make someone unnoticed to be happy. I bet no one looking at that poor old man. Even that he was gone, but there is Kay who always be there with you, Isabel.

Oh, I love Lisette and Kay!

It’s nice that you considered about the rest of family as well, I hope that there is a plot that involved them as well as key person, so at least they are having role, just like what you did for Emrin's story arc :)
Isabel really did struggle in her life, especially her love life. I'm happy to say though that she seems very happy now with Louis and Kay.

Lisette is very beautiful, as is Kay! They're both stunning versions of their parents genes!
I just decided that I should report a little more what is happening with story progression. I'm going to be taking a select few people with the next heir to the next town. I just thought I would let people know where everyone stood!

(First post ever, please forgive me if I mess this up)   I love your story Livvie, read the whole thing in like 2 days! Its a really hard choice between Noten and Atrox, but either way it'll be exciting. Uncle Ezran is hilarious, especially his little hair swoop. Keep up the excellent work, this story is addicting!  :)
No need to worry about that! Welcome to the forum! I'm very happy to know you enjoy my story - it's why I write. Feel free to comment whenever you feel like, that's always welcome in my thread. :)  Thank you kindly for your encouragement! Hopefully I'll see more of you around the forum!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »
It always nice to Reapers back with their own family tales to tell, Livvie! 

I hope that Agnes and Tragic would live long enough to see the next generation. Glad that Isolde found her happiness as well, to have affair with someone is bad.

Ah! That beard is back---oops, no Falor is back~ Hope to see more of him! Not forget to mention about the beard ::)

For Macklemore, hmm, Hope that he wouldn't turn out like... ehm... you know that men usually end in salon looks like, hope that he'd find his soulmate as well. 

I have to agree with Luna! Lisette is gorgeous! Cedrick also the same for me, he kinda chubby to begin with so well… :P

I'm happy to see Luis found his happiness here. This is what I said to you before; because my game is weird even Luis had attraction to Gino. I did have writer's block for what I should do with him and those weird attractions just save me with a new idea. Glad to know that he had his own children through surrogate mother as well with Gino. Well, I can say Isabel child with Luis is gorgeous! She has both features of her parents.

And I love the screenshots as well, especially their close-up looks. I think Raven’s screenshot is my favourite.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2014, 01:08:29 AM »
Oh wow! This was a really pleasent surprise. I miss Agnes so much, you have no idea. I'll be sad when she dies. But it was really fun to see the whole family. Annie is gorgeous. Seriously, toss her over to my game to marry one of Giselle's sons because I want those genetics. Immediately XD
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2014, 11:39:48 AM »
I miss Agnes so much, you have no idea. I'll be sad when she dies.

Oh Gosh... Mizzilee I totally forgot about that. How will the family function without The Best Mom Ever and her talent to appear when tradgedy has struck?  :'(  Come on Agnes... hang in there for the next generation at least!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »
It always nice to Reapers back with their own family tales to tell, Livvie! 

I hope that Agnes and Tragic would live long enough to see the next generation. Glad that Isolde found her happiness as well, to have affair with someone is bad.

Ah! That beard is back---oops, no Falor is back~ Hope to see more of him! Not forget to mention about the beard ::)

For Macklemore, hmm, Hope that he wouldn't turn out like... ehm... you know that men usually end in salon looks like, hope that he'd find his soulmate as well. 

I have to agree with Luna! Lisette is gorgeous! Cedrick also the same for me, he kinda chubby to begin with so well… :P

I'm happy to see Luis found his happiness here. This is what I said to you before; because my game is weird even Luis had attraction to Gino. I did have writer's block for what I should do with him and those weird attractions just save me with a new idea. Glad to know that he had his own children through surrogate mother as well with Gino. Well, I can say Isabel child with Luis is gorgeous! She has both features of her parents.

And I love the screenshots as well, especially their close-up looks. I think Raven’s screenshot is my favourite.
I'm glad you like them, let me know if their upload would interest you. :) I've gotten Falor (awesome-beardless unfortunately... I wanted to ensure ANYONE could download him, so he's basegame only), Miles and Annie (his twins) up. It was quite an effort for someone like me who often uses CC and mods!
Yes, Luis had a very happy rest of his life... he lived a very long time and he and Isabel were so happy. It broke my heart to read when he died... especially since he had just become a father.

Oh wow! This was a really pleasent surprise. I miss Agnes so much, you have no idea. I'll be sad when she dies. But it was really fun to see the whole family. Annie is gorgeous. Seriously, toss her over to my game to marry one of Giselle's sons because I want those genetics. Immediately XD
Agnes is pretty awesome. I uploaded Annie, if you want her I would be happy to see pictures of any babies she has with any sim of yours. :) She's base game only at that point with no mods, she could use some cleaning up if you download her - I tried to make her pretty with base game stuff but it's so hard when you have so little options for hair and makeup and clothing!

Oh Gosh... Mizzilee I totally forgot about that. How will the family function without The Best Mom Ever and her talent to appear when tradgedy has struck?  :'(  Come on Agnes... hang in there for the next generation at least!
No worries to both of you about Agnes. She will remain alive in Monte Vista. Hopefully when I go into my explanation it will make more sense.

Erhm. *clearing throat noise*
Hello there.
So you currently know me as the author of the Reapers, this is just a small announcement I wanted to let out a small tidbit of what is to come with my story.
Nothing bad. I assure you, at least, I hope it's not bad.
You see, I've had this idea in my head for this storyline for ages, but it's a very heavy concept. It will have darker situations and it won't resemble much of the story lines I've had before hand. This one will be much less driven by my Sims actions and more so driven by the plot I have laid out, which is a good and bad thing. It's a test of my skills as a writer. I wanted to make this clear because I am not taking any of my other Sims with me on this journey (for reasons that will be explained via the story) however they will still be included. I will put them in separate files and play them separately. I completely understand that many will probably not be too thrilled about not having others in the town with them, but I assure you that when I include their stories it will be of them fulfilling their goals and achieving happiness - I want nothing less for this family of Sims.
I also have another bubble burster. The generation following this one will have no differentiating towns. The children of Emrin's heir are both going to be headed for the same town. It's not the final town either, but it's just a part of the story. You will still have full choice of who will carry the torch to the next town... just the next town has already been decided... if that makes sense.
I'm trying not to give anything away. Everything will comply with forum rules about violence and the like, I just wanted to give a warning that this upcoming story will be heavier than most. I apologize if it upsets some (though I really hope it doesn't...), as it is not my intention at all. I just chose one of my favorite points in history and I want to throw in a few slightly more realistic things in it... which would obviously add weight and make it seem a little darker. This rant is probably going to seem silly when it comes down to posting the story, I just like being clear with my readers when I do something that might cause a significant change in what they're used to seeing... so... hopefully I've done that.

Also. Falor, Miles and Annie are all on the swap shop at the moment. You can find them here. Please feel free to request other sims for me to throw up on the swap! I've finally got the hang of it... I think... it only took 3 tries to get Falor right at least... So that's something, right?

Anyways, I should have an update soon, I'm waiting for the inspiration to hit me as well as the mood for simming to come into play. I've started playing an older game I forgot how much I loved so I've felt more like playing that game than sims at the moment. Thank you all for your comments! Hopefully I don't mess up my own story! Huzzah!

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2014, 05:34:23 PM »
Agnes is pretty awesome. I uploaded Annie, if you want her I would be happy to see pictures of any babies she has with any sim of yours. :) She's base game only at that point with no mods, she could use some cleaning up if you download her - I tried to make her pretty with base game stuff but it's so hard when you have so little options for hair and makeup and clothing!

I will definetely be grabbing Annie off the swap shop! And Miles. Both for genetic experiments, maybe for plot. Who knows.  ::)

What CC did you use for Annie's eyes? Is it a slider or something of the likes? I am welcoming of all and any CC you used on her. You see how CC heavy my sims are. Also, can't wait to see this plot you have in mind! Update soooooooon.
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline ColletteM

• Nooboo
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2014, 12:16:49 AM »
Anyways, I guess I'm going to delve into how to add to the swap shop, so this would be a good time to make any requests if anyone would like a certain sim up for download!

I had to log in and post (for the first time!) just because I saw this. 

I would LOVE for you to upload pretty much all of Agnes and Tragic's children.  I'd also like Lisette and Laron.  They're gorgeous sims.  <3  I'm loving your story so far, too.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: January 04, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »
I will definetely be grabbing Annie off the swap shop! And Miles. Both for genetic experiments, maybe for plot. Who knows.  ::)

What CC did you use for Annie's eyes? Is it a slider or something of the likes? I am welcoming of all and any CC you used on her. You see how CC heavy my sims are. Also, can't wait to see this plot you have in mind! Update soooooooon.
I'm sending you a PM as we speak with the list of the few things I use. :)
I'm working on an Update now as well.

I had to log in and post (for the first time!) just because I saw this. 

I would LOVE for you to upload pretty much all of Agnes and Tragic's children.  I'd also like Lisette and Laron.  They're gorgeous sims.  <3  I'm loving your story so far, too.

I'm glad that you like them! Here is the link for all of the Reaper children from second and third generation (excluding Falor, as he can be found here with his twin children)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
« Reply #268 on: January 05, 2014, 04:06:58 AM »
This is really amazing, Livvie. I love the idea you sharing your Sims with us :)
I could play around with Raven that I loved the most ♥
Do you have a plan to share Bear too?

My story:

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Deserted
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
Forgive me, everyone, this was supposed to go up yesterday. As many of you know I live in Chicago... and well the freezing cold and wind last night did in our internet and I was unable to post. :(

This is really amazing, Livvie. I love the idea you sharing your Sims with us :)
I could play around with Raven that I loved the most ♥
Do you have a plan to share Bear too?

I'll get Bear up soon, absolutely! :)

Anyways, the moment I've been putting together for a while now.

Deserted
Noten sat numbly across from the stranger, attempting to take in his words. The dark of the night was barely being warded off by the dim light from the candle. Noten's mind was wandering - when did things ever get this bad?

The Day Before
"So, no money, no furniture... and broken sinks?" Noten looked at Bear with frustration.

"When I told mom that I wanted just enough money to live on I was hoping I'd actually receive money from her after she, Glitch and Atrox settled in." Noten sighed heavily, before grinning at Bear. "Well, at least it's just a block away from the beach."
Bear barked happily. "Now once I finish this up, you and I are heading for the sands!"

Noten and Bear came sprinting out of the small shack one right after the other. Noten threw a stick for Bear to go chasing ahead. "Hey, wait up buddy!" Noten called after he saw Bear go barreling passed the stick and straight for the brush to the beach.
He had finally arrived.

"This is what I'm talking about." Noten said to himself. "Monte Vista is nice," Noten said shrugging his shoulders at his dog. "But it doesn't hold a candle to Paradise."
Noten's smile slowly faded as he looked around.

The beach was completely deserted. Noten's eyebrows furrowed. "I wonder where everyone is... it's a Sunday. People should be flocked to the beaches..." Noten finally whipped out his guitar. "Oh well, more beach for us, right Bear?"

Noten played for a while before he realized the beach must be closed on Sunday. He shrugged and took Bear back to their little shack to unpack the few pieces of furniture they could.
"Hey!" Noten's voice tried to sound happily surprised. "At least I have a couch!"

The next day Noten came back to find the same scene. Deserted beach.
"This is just too weird..."
Noten shook his head, pulled out his guitar and started to play some tunes as he strolled back and forth on the beach.

"Pssst!"
Noten stopped playing as he was sure he heard someone trying to grab his attention.
"Pssst!" It came again.
The noise was coming from the bushes.

Noten squinted his eyes as he walked closer to the bush to examine the sound. "Is... someone there?" He asked, his tone holding suspicion. His face relaxed when he caught sight of a little girl hiding in the brush. "Are you the one 'psst'-ing me?" He asked, grinning at her. She smiled innocently.
"Yup. That's me. I liked your guitar playing. I haven't heard one of those since I was a baby. It's a nice sound."

"And how old are you kiddo?"
The girl straightened. "I'm almost 14, thank you very much."
"Excuse me, little lady." Noten teased. "You don't listen to music much?"
The little girl looked at Noten like he was crazy. "Music?" She laughed a little. "You must be new here..." she finally said, her voice monotone.
"Yeah, actually. I just moved here-"
She cut him off. "You're going to get in trouble for that." She snapped, looking at him with her wide, brown eyes.
Noten was taken aback. "Oh, I'm going to get in trouble for music? Shouldn't you be in school? It is a Monday, isn't it?"
"School?" She raised her eyebrows. "We have no school here. That was one of the first things to go."
"What do you mean you have no school here?"
The girl snorted and made a face. "That... we have no school here?" Sarcasm was dripping from her voice.
"Very funny kid." Noten said, "I guess I meant, what did you mean by 'first thing to go?'"
"I really need to be getting home. If the guards see me out I'll be in so much trouble!"
"What are you talking about?" The girl was trying to back off, Noten pushed further into the bushes. "Hey kid! What's going on here?!"
She was gone.
Noten's head was realing. "Stupid kid. No school? Please." He muttered as he walked home. Bear greeted him in the way he always does.
"Hey buddy... weird day for you too?"
The dog just licked him instead.

Bear had brought in a newspaper and sat it by his feet.
"What is it Bear? A newspaper... well, it's no TV, but I guess it should work for something."

At first Noten just skimmed the papers... using it as something he could do to pass time or hoping to find a good crossword puzzle, but then he actually started reading the headlines.

Police Chief says Corruption Scandal Leaker is Traitor, not Hero.

New Curfews Imposed for Your Safety

Fishing Boat Ban, Escorts Required

School Still Closed Indefinitely
Noten rubbed his eyes in horror.

"What am I reading?!" He got up and paced. "This is all a bad dream, that's all. I'll wake up and be in Monte Vista with mom and Atrox and Glitch will be playing video games. This can't be real. There's no way a Simnation would get this bad without someone noticing. It's all just a dream." Noten took a deep breath in and looked at Bear with solomn eyes. "It is... just a dream, right Bear?"
The dog whined.
Noten let out a long breath. "Maybe I'm just hungry and seeing things?" He went and started to prepare himself a salad.

Noten spent a majority of his dinner assuring himself he wasn't crazy. It was probably a misunderstanding.
A long overdrawn prank.
There was a pounding on his door. Noten's squeezed his eyes shut.

A police woman barged into the shack and promptly began to yell at him.

"I got a call saying you're new in town, slime."
"Excuse me... you can't just barge into my-"
"WE'RE UNDER MARTIAL LAW. Do you even know what that means?"
"How could you be under-"
"THAT'S A YES OR NO QUESTION!"
"Yes - yes I know what Martial Law means. I went to school."
"Excuse me? Do I have to take you into the station? You have quite the mouth on you..." The officer threatened.
"No... no please... I just moved here... I just want to know what's going on!"

"I don't know who let you into our town, but now that you're here, you're staying here and you follow our rules. Got it, punk?"
"Yes... yes ma'am."
She snarled at him before turning and slamming the door behind her. Noten sat down on the couch slowly. His head was spinning. Martial law? What in the world was going on here? Noten laid down for a moment, unable to wrap his head around the concepts he's been seeing.
He remember being the only one on the ride here. He remembered the restrictions - how he almost couldn't bring Bear; the questions they asked that seemed odd but he didn't think anything of it. Now it all makes sense. The shack he was given. The fact that his mom's money never came through. The fact he had no TV or other luxuries. Martial Law.
Noten slowly drifted off to sleep.

Little did he know he was getting a visitor.