Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971732 times)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9135 on: November 29, 2013, 06:37:34 PM »
Welp, no black opps in college, and I still couldn't get her celeb level above 1. Any tips for last minute opps? I'm having her join a new career (culinary) because it has a lot of job opportunities. I know some opportunities can only come up at certain skill levels, is there a list of those somewhere? I have seven-ish days before her elder bar is full, and I still need two more black opps. Do opportunities spawn on vacation? Any other last minute tricks?

You get ops every 2-3 days I believe, so there is a chance you can make it. Culinary is a great choice IMO, lots of ops for skill and career. I know a lot of them are available very early on.
- Jessica

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9136 on: November 29, 2013, 06:54:14 PM »
I have questions.

Pets sometime can give second chance to their master right and there’s a chance for that. What'll happen if the Immortal (usually the founder) who haven't met their requirement die and resurrected back after their animal plea to the Grim?
Is that will make the Dynasty failed? Or the dynasty allowed to moves on?
And what happen if the spares/helpers who resurrected by their animals?
Because for me it's like extending life  :(

I’m just curious, because I don't play with animal in my Dynasty. Thank you :D

Animals staving off death has happened in HoF dynasties, namely Katluvr's Fae dynasty and Rica's dynasty too. The pet in question has to be BFFs with the dying sim, it's an autonomous action to harass Grim, and I don't think horses can do it. The sim's age meter isn't reset. Anyways, definitely don't direct a pet to save the sim. "Harass Death" is able to be canceled in the pet's queue when it happens autonomously. If they happen to do it without you realizing it in time to cancel the action, bring it up on the dynasty thread.

I narrowly avoided it happening in my own dynasty. The family dog had "Harass Death" in her queue when my founder's husband died, but there was a huge crowd blocking her and she probably would have never been able to harass Grim even if I didn't cancel the action.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #9137 on: November 29, 2013, 07:05:55 PM »
 Thank you for explaining that for me, Trip ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Curveball

« Reply #9138 on: December 01, 2013, 11:19:16 PM »
Hey guys, wow is this thread long; I apologize for asking what probably had been asked countless times before... I'm starting my first Dynasty in Union Cove, and it says we have permission to delete 2 huge mansions in town... Are we allowed to place EA residential lots in their place? And in general, are we allowed to plop EA houses on empty residential lots? Since the family's not going to be leaving the home lot...

Also, is there a supernatural hangout in union cove? I can't seem to find one >_>

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9139 on: December 02, 2013, 12:11:10 AM »
You can't use those lots to place empty houses, and you can't place empty houses anywhere. That's not allowed.

I don't think there's a supernatural hangout in Union Cove, but it's a big place and things are easy to miss. Does anyone else know?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Curveball

« Reply #9140 on: December 02, 2013, 12:50:20 AM »
Okay, no placing of anything, got it  :D Union Cove shall remain untouched.

Are there any rules governing when you can go to the future and what you can do there? Or, possibly, a thread search function so I don't bother you nice people while I think about early game strategy? :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9141 on: December 02, 2013, 02:51:00 AM »
Okay, no placing of anything, got it  :D Union Cove shall remain untouched.

Are there any rules governing when you can go to the future and what you can do there? Or, possibly, a thread search function so I don't bother you nice people while I think about early game strategy? :)

Welcome to our Forum.  :)

Sorry, but there's not a thread search function.

I looked at the rules in the first post and saw this about time travel:

Traveling is banned until the 2nd generation becomes Young Adult. Travel includes going to University to get a degree or Time Travel (Into the Future). 

I hope this helps.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9142 on: December 02, 2013, 02:52:02 AM »
Found the rules for ITF

Into The Future Updates:

- Traveling is banned until the 2nd generation becomes Young Adult. Travel includes going to University to get a degree or Time Travel (Into the Future).
- The Quantum Power Chamber (Hibernation Chamber) is banned.
- Plumbots are banned.

I know I've seen a vampire lounge in Union Cove, can't remember a Supernatural Hangout, if there isn't and you really want one you can add the one in the community lot bin.

Good name Curveball, expect a few of those in your dynasty, I certainly got some  ;D

(Pam beat me to it)

Curveball

« Reply #9143 on: December 02, 2013, 03:23:17 AM »
Ack, I shall never live down missing it when it was right in front of me >_< Sorry.

Thanks for answering :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9144 on: December 02, 2013, 03:30:10 AM »
Ack, I shall never live down missing it when it was right in front of me >_< Sorry.

Thanks for answering :)

No worries.  It happens to all of us.  If you're going for the Hall of Fame, though, you'll want to get used to looking at those rules a lot.  Players are expected to keep up with any changes in the rules. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9145 on: December 02, 2013, 04:14:18 AM »
I finally caught up with the thread. There seem to be some questions not answered at the time, because the ItF ruling wasn't established yet.
But I'd like to know the answers for sure, so I bring them up again (if it's okay):
Should we always send the whole household into the future to avoid aging discrepancies? Or is it alright to use future travel to sort of "fast age" a spare that's no longer needed out of the household?
Is my heir allowed to date a future sim, have him move in then get married in the present?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9146 on: December 02, 2013, 04:33:31 AM »
I don't think there's a supernatural hangout in Union Cove, but it's a big place and things are easy to miss. Does anyone else know?

I think the current version of Union Cove was released around Showtime, which would mean there isn't.

Or, possibly, a thread search function so I don't bother you nice people while I think about early game strategy? :)

Don't stress about bothering us. We don't mind. :) There's a Strategy Thread, so that this thread can be kept clean with rule questions and clarifications. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9147 on: December 02, 2013, 04:56:52 AM »
I finally caught up with the thread. There seem to be some questions not answered at the time, because the ItF ruling wasn't established yet.
But I'd like to know the answers for sure, so I bring them up again (if it's okay):

As for the "fast aging" of a spare out of the household, no Sim is allowed to move out of the Dynasty house in this challenge.  Spares have to stay until they die. 

And for the dating of a future Sim for marriage, I believe that would be alright, but the Challenge team may need to correct me on that.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9148 on: December 02, 2013, 05:16:54 AM »
As for the "fast aging" of a spare out of the household, no Sim is allowed to move out of the Dynasty house in this challenge.  Spares have to stay until they die. 

So, this means no fast aging them in any way possible? including the usage of elixirs?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9149 on: December 02, 2013, 05:23:57 AM »
That's the problem: if the spare one is traveling to the future alone, she ages there at normal speed, meanwhile all the other relatives, left at home, do not age at all. So the spare can go to the future as, say, young adult, spend all her life in the future till her late elder age -- and then return to the homeworld, where no one else have aged a day. Technically she would be "(time)traveling", not moved out; the game would still consider her as a part of the household all the time. But it seems like a too convenient way to age redundant Sims much faster than anyone else in the family.
This is not an issue with abroad traveling from WA, as Sims do not age while vacationing. But time travel is different in this aspect. I hope Challenge team will have a look on that as well, to avoid the confusion.
Anyway, Pam, thank you for the reply! :)

Sherry, aging should not be prolonged or shortened in any way, with the only exception of Ambrosia for immortals. As far as I can tell, it's one of the defining rules of the challenge.

anything