Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971460 times)

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9150 on: December 02, 2013, 05:28:35 AM »
Hooo?
Pardon for the confusion then. I don't have the into the future EP.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #9151 on: December 02, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »
Hooo?
Pardon for the confusion then. I don't have the into the future EP.

You can't age up anyone unless it is their birthday. And the only way to know that for sure is if they are in your household.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9152 on: December 02, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »
You can create a pet with your founder, yes.

Wait, we can create a pet with our founder? Drat, I couldn't find that anywhere in the rules, and the pets up for adoption always seem to have lousy traits. Well, something to keep in mind if the current dynasty fails, I guess. Although since the dog in my current attempt found tiberium on day 2, I think it's earned the right to stay  ;).

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9153 on: December 02, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »
It's not explicitly stated in the rules, which I guess gets confusing. But yes, you really can create a pet with your founder. It holds true for the other dynasties too (except for the decadynasty, since you don't create your founder there, so it's a non-issue). And congrats on the early tiberium!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9154 on: December 02, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
What about hiring butler or having a bonehilda? do we allowed to do that?
'cause with a full house, dirt could be a troublesome thing to manage...

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9155 on: December 02, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
Yes, both of those are permitted. At least 1 Dynasty had a good butler who died, and a succession of bad ones that were fired.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9156 on: December 02, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
Can unicorns become household members?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9157 on: December 02, 2013, 06:36:31 PM »
Unicorns can become household members. Aside from a few special powers, they're basically horses, an they age at the same rate that regular horses do.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9158 on: December 03, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
Couple of questions;

1) I saw in the hints thread in the stories that, at one point, all dragon valley content was banned to let the mods get a handle on what it did before updating the rules. Since I can't see any information about baby dragons in the rules, I can safely purchase and hatch some dragon eggs, correct?

2) I noticed references to buying and selling horses in the hints and tips thread (to make room for new wild horses to be brought in so you could supermax riding). Does this mean pets have looser restrictions with regards than regular sims would, similar to how you can create a pet with your founder, and that you can sell or put pets up for adoption (whether to make room for another not-actually-a-mustang, or because the game decided to throw you a curveball and a pet had more puppies/kittens than you planned for?) Also, is there a maximum number of pets the founder could create (Creating 3 dogs and 3 cats is obviously a terrible idea. Creating a single dog and a cat, on the other hand, means you can guarantee two pets who both have genius and two other good traits)

3) Since Ghosts can get through locked doors, Is there a risk of them using a food replicator stocked with ambrosia?

4) This is a strategy question; Is moving Claire Ursine, a married couple, and my founder's spouse in at the same time a bad idea? Ungh, that's too vague. Let me elaborate a little; Here's my basic plan for the first 3 generations

Stage 1: Founder invites Claire Ursine, Agnes Crumplebottom, Christopher Steel, and Blair Wainwright into the household. (5 sims+ 2 pets)
Stage 2: Claire gives birth to ??? Ursine (6 sims+2 pets)
Stage 3: Agnes and Blair give birth to the Gen 2 immortal and their spouse (8 sims+ 2 pets)
Stage 4: Agnes Dies (7 sims+1-2 pets)
Stage 5: ??? Ursine adopts or gives birth to Gen 3's spouse and the Gen 3 immortal is born (!9! sims+ any pets)
Stage 6: Sims die. Gen 4 immortal is born and decides that all this plotting to get an extra sim in the house was silly and marries her (not so) imaginary friend.

I guess my question is, am I likely to run into a time crunch where Christopher and Blair are both still alive and thus I can't bring in both of the kids at roughly the same time? Also, is bringing in so many sims all at once a recipe for disaster?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9159 on: December 03, 2013, 06:36:46 PM »
Replicators are not autonomous, you have to instruct a sim to use it so ghosts are not a problem, just make sure to watch your sim eat it so they don't walk away, and clean up straight after if you have any slobs as they will lick it and I've seen that work as if they ate the whole plate in the past.

I started with six sims, no pets, it was hectic and one of them lived to be 110, your stage five looks very dodgy mostly because you have 9 sims which isn't possible but also If Claire, Chris or Blair live longer than expected you wont have room.

Don't rely on getting an imaginary friend either, I had one roughly every other generation in my game, of course if an earlier gen has one and befriends it if you have room to make it real for a later generations spouse you could. The two I didn't make real aged along with my sims so you could make them real at a later time, even elder if it was a male as they could still father the next gen.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9160 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »
Having full house so early in the dynasty generation could be a disaster.
I myself is trying to manage how to leave room for my dynasty next generation but unfortunately planned killing is not allowed...

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9161 on: December 03, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »
I started with six sims, no pets, it was hectic and one of them lived to be 110, your stage five looks very dodgy mostly because you have 9 sims which isn't possible but also If Claire, Chris or Blair live longer than expected you wont have room.

The !9! was to indicate the potential problem if Chris or Blair hadn't passed away at that point. However, I forgot to include Claire's death in the timeline, as she's older than Agnes.  Doing the math... Hmmm... I'd want to have two open spaces by ~day 70, give or take. Agnes is 45 days old, while Chris and Blair are both 31 days old, while Claire is 57 days old. Claire is highly likely to have died before reaching 127 (Unless the game has decided to really screw with me), while Agnes living to 115 is unlikely, but wierder things have happened. Chris and Blaire both living past ~100 is reasonably plausible, though. So it does seem to be a gamble. Hrrmm...

Gen 4 marrying her imaginary friend is what I would like to happen, since it'd make sense with the characterization I have planned for her, but if it never shows or bugs out she could always marry a townie.

EDIT: Two more questions; can female sims become pregnant as long as they try for baby and get the little jingle that singifies conception prior to becoming an elder (I know being pregnant forestalls Elder-dom, but does that include the first trimester?)

Also, when is the multiple births thing determined? That is, if I'm at, say, six sims in the house, could one woman become "pregnant with twins" and thus prevent another woman in the house from becoming pregnant at all, or would both women just be garunteed single births?

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #9162 on: December 03, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
Chris lived to be 150+ somewhere... ;D
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9163 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »
Female sims can get pregnant up to the day before their elder birthday. They can't get pregnant on the day of their elder birthday, even if they haven't actually aged up yet. They can't get pregnant on the day of their adult birthday either.

Multiple births are determined at birth, so even if there are six sims in the house and one gets pregnant, you can always move in someone else because the game doesn't recognize the pregnancy as adding more than one sim until more than one sim comes out.

Since no one answered your question about Dragon Valley, all of its content is allowed. The ban was temporary so the Team could thoroughly test everything for approval. They do that for all new content and most of it ends up unbanned.

My tip for your household space is to choose either Chris or Blair to move in, and not both. When it comes to mortal children, they can be made with one parent living outside of the household. So generation two can have a spouse and you can have a free slot!

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9164 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
Female sims can get pregnant up to the day before their elder birthday. They can't get pregnant on the day of their elder birthday, even if they haven't actually aged up yet. They can't get pregnant on the day of their adult birthday either.

Multiple births are determined at birth, so even if there are six sims in the house and one gets pregnant, you can always move in someone else because the game doesn't recognize the pregnancy as adding more than one sim until more than one sim comes out.

Since no one answered your question about Dragon Valley, all of its content is allowed. The ban was temporary so the Team could thoroughly test everything for approval. They do that for all new content and most of it ends up unbanned.

My tip for your household space is to choose either Chris or Blair to move in, and not both. When it comes to mortal children, they can be made with one parent living outside of the household. So generation two can have a spouse and you can have a free slot!

How would Chris be able to move in a child if Blair wasn't living in the household, since being able to pick traits is the reason I want to raise Gen 2's spouse. Also, I already moved in the two of them in my current save file, although it's still only day 2, so restarting wouldn't be a huge loss (although the dog my Founder adopted did find tiberium in that time, so I am kind of hesitant to do that).

hmm... I guess I could do Founder, Agnes, Clair, and Emma Hatch (I wanted Chris to get the uber-fridge. In hindsight, Blair is kind of dead weight, since Agnes is already able to paint portraits, so she can start off straight away on sculpting).