Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2967635 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10290 on: April 15, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »
Does the Professional Sports Career come with many Ops? It's been a while since I did that career with a targeted immortal, and I'm wondering whether I can get my Gen 4 to do it. Gen 4 is supermaxing fishing.

Alternatively, how much of an impact would not having any handiness skill have on a sim in the Science Career? My Gen 3 did handiness as supermax and is in Military Career for his career. So, Gen 4 would be able to do fishing and gardening, but not handiness.

Finally do the careers associated with Jocks and Nerds social groups come with many ops?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10291 on: April 15, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »
It comes with a decent number. I think it's comparable to any other base game rabbithole career. Combined with their supermax (provided it's one that actually gives ops!), you should be fine. It's completing the sports career that's more difficult, as there's no option to "Work Hard."

Handiness has a pretty big impact on the science career, but if you give your scientist the Workaholic trait, they should be able to get through with it.

I don't know the answer to the last one. Can you believe that I've never played those careers? Despicable.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #10292 on: April 17, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »
You could have your sim reach level 5 handiness or something, as handiness can't be improved too much automatically. As long as your handiness-supermaxed sim upgrades everything to inbreakable you should be fine.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10293 on: April 21, 2015, 05:31:28 AM »
My sim in the military career got the RHAT Race opportunity, the one that gets you to do a 'Really Hard Athletic Test' and if you win it you get a promotion, adoration, money, an award and so forth1. He accepted it as one of his black ops and did it. The next day at work he was told 'Well you didn't win the RHAT Race, but at least you gave it a go. Sadly we don't give anything for effort, just results. Don't worry soldier, you'll get another chance at it2.' I sent him to the correct location to take part in the opportunity and it said 'to complete this opportunity report to work. Which I did on his next work day. The Rhat Race opportunity was dropped from his opportunities panel, when I got the message above from the system, as they normally are when one completes an opportunity.

Does that mean that this can be counted as one of his black ops, or doesn't it count as having been completed as yet?

This is an op I've never seen before, so I thought I'd ask rather than assume.

1 The adoration, money, award and so forth may have been me just being overly creative. :)
2 That was the general gist of the message, even if I didn't get the correct wording. :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10294 on: April 21, 2015, 09:15:28 AM »
It sounds like some condition wasn't met for it. I wouldn't count it, sorry.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10295 on: April 21, 2015, 05:58:16 PM »
That's what I figured. :)

He's still got plenty of days to fill his black ops

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #10296 on: April 27, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
I have a problem in my dynasty. Augusto and Brisa aged to young adult the same day, I saved and close the game. When I opened the game today I find that Brisa is 4 days older than Augusto (Augusto is 20 days to adult while Brisa is 16 days to adult.)

I have no problem that Brisa stay like that, four days not make much difference to me (in a spare) and return to the previous game is not my cup of tea after spending a few hours planning outfits in cas. But I wanted to know some opinion before to carry on playing and not make a decision without consulting first.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10297 on: April 27, 2015, 06:29:18 PM »
I say carry on, mostly because I don't know of a reliable way to return Brisa to her original age, and because she's just a mortal.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #10298 on: April 27, 2015, 06:30:50 PM »
Thank you, Trip.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10299 on: April 30, 2015, 06:02:57 AM »
I have a problem at the moment with my Helpmanns.

Somehow my test tube created to be Gen 5 spouse has turned into a werewolf. He's a toddler, and he was the scientific clone of Dimitri Ivanov, who was a human and lived his life as a human. All in his family were also humans and were all dead. Rob, my Dimitri clone, was definitely human during his nooboohood and human during the early days of his toddlerhood (when he learned to walk, talk and potty.) He's just suddenly become a werewolf. (I don't even make the werewolf/other long lived occult potions, so that's not the cause of his problems).

I have saved regularly, and under different saved game file names. so can return to an earlier saved game if necessary. Is that the best thing for me to do in this instance?

Dek

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10300 on: April 30, 2015, 08:11:23 AM »
Yeah, go back to an earlier save. That's weird. O_____O

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10301 on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:23 AM »

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #10302 on: April 30, 2015, 11:23:58 AM »
Wow, that is weird. I wonder if it has something to do with population controls? Like, the one second the clone wasn't part of the household the game tagged it as a werewolf because the town needed more werewolves? Only something went wrong and the tag didn't show up until later?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10303 on: April 30, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »
I ended up having to go to a save before that clone was even cloned, back when Gen 2 spouse was still alive, and Gen 4 was still at high school. Each saved game I had with that clone in the family, he was showing up as a werewolf.

At least I'm tracking Black Ops through the sim bio function of the game so I know which opps Gen 3 and Gen 4 have now done.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10304 on: May 08, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
I noticed that there was no pond in the graveyard of Midnight Hollow, and initially thought that meant no deathfish in that gloomy town. But I used the Google custom search function on this forum and noticed that Nutella identified the location of them as being the Science Lab in town: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12445.msg354685.html#msg354685. Just wanted to mention that in here so that people who were looking for them knew where to look. :D