Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2975621 times)

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10200 on: January 25, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
Both parents have to live in the Dynasty house anyway, unless it's the seventh generation.

I thought that was just for producing the heir  :o Doesn't make sense with all the pollinating by elder male sims in other dynasties.

I am kind of laughing now because Hugh Grey, Nessie Lochlan's Romantic Interest to start and my pick for her baby daddy, just turned into a fairy as well. This time I have a witch's brew though.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10201 on: January 25, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
Yes, for producing the heir it does.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were talking about the heirs.  As far as pollinating goes, it's normally the males that live in the Dynasty house.  Hm, that's odd that you threw a cure potion at him, but then he had the wings again.  In the relationship panel, does he still have the green box around his portrait?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10202 on: January 25, 2015, 06:03:32 PM »
Yes, for producing the heir it does.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were talking about the heirs.  As far as pollinating goes, it's normally the males that live in the Dynasty house.  Hm, that's odd that you threw a cure potion at him, but then he had the wings again.  In the relationship panel, does he still have the green box around his portrait?

It's okay. He was a normal Sim on Saturday after the potent cure with no green around his portrait.Sunday they did try for baby, he had no green and no wings. Then on Monday  when he was leaving  he was a fairy again with different wings.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10203 on: January 25, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »
The species decision is at conception right

It isn't. Most of the things about an unborn baby in the game are determined when they're born, not when they're conceived. This includes life state, and I've seen several cases of babies being born as occults because their fathers turned into ones sometime during the pregnancy.

I'll let you go back to a previous save and cure him before the baby is born.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10204 on: January 25, 2015, 06:36:17 PM »
It isn't. Most of the things about an unborn baby in the game are determined when they're born, not when they're conceived. This includes life state, and I've seen several cases of babies being born as occults because their fathers turned into ones sometime during the pregnancy.

I'll let you go back to a previous save and cure him before the baby is born.

Thanks Trip. The baby was a fairy so I may just use Witch brews for baby daddies outside the house from now on if the game just wants to turn them back into long lifestates  and all males outside of heirs from now on.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10205 on: January 25, 2015, 06:38:36 PM »
That's the best way to guarantee your new baby will dynasty-legal. :) Good luck from this point on!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10206 on: January 25, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »
I am having a brain block and am not in the mood to go searching. But when Supernaturals was released, was there a ruling on whether or not we could have a witch as the founder?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #10207 on: January 25, 2015, 07:24:36 PM »
Yes, you can have a witch to found your Dynasty. They share the same lifespan as a non-occult Sim.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10208 on: January 25, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »
Yes, you can have a witch to found your Dynasty. They share the same lifespan as a non-occult Sim.

Thanks Shirin, it's been so long, and I'm not getting any younger. I'm not sure what I want to do. I want Colt to finish a Sims 3 Immortal so bad. He has worked so hard at his attempts in the past. He is doing good so far in Sims 4. I need to think..

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #10209 on: January 25, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »
Ah, Colt definitely deserves the chance to finish a Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty! But can he do double duty? And do you have the time (and inclination)?

Either way, I'll go ahead and wish you (and him!) best of luck :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10210 on: January 25, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »
Ah, Colt definitely deserves the chance to finish a Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty! But can he do double duty? And do you have the time (and inclination)?

Either way, I'll go ahead and wish you (and him!) best of luck :)

Time?? I'm a stay at home mom.. LOL This is what I do in my spare time. Which is alot of time, unless I'm watching Grimm or Sleepy Hollow.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #10211 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
LOL Well then. I have a whole bunch of Winds who are saying that yes, Colt should come back to Sims 3.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #10212 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:59 AM »
Actually, appearance and life state are determined at least a day before birth. I had a baby born once, then crashed. When I reloaded, a day before the baby's birth, they were the same color and life state and (when aged up to toddler) the same appearance and even hairstyle.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10213 on: January 26, 2015, 12:22:17 AM »
Yeah, I do remember redoing births and getting babies with the same coloring...a lot.

Looks are determined at birth, though.

Offline Kuro Warau

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life State Lover!
« Reply #10214 on: January 26, 2015, 03:37:37 PM »
It says in the rules and you cannot carry special seeds or deathflowers around. Can you pick them up, then immediately put them somewhere else than the inventory (like a table in the Dynasty house)? Because else I can't see how you can get access to deathflowers and lifefruit.

anything