Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941614 times)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10560 on: February 04, 2018, 12:28:33 AM »
Further to my last post ...

In the Blues Family, Founder is finally getting opportunities, even a business one, still no skill opportunities though.

As I suggested I would, I have permitted him to take on celebrity opportunities - he has completed a further two of them, and also a business career opportunity. After he becomes immortal, he will continue to go to work and hopefully not turn anyone else into a celebrity. lol

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10561 on: February 04, 2018, 11:52:56 PM »
@Sarabi: I'm more concerned with being consistent. If letting them age up naturally is what you prefer, so be it.

Service NPCs are always aging weirdly and it's super unpredictable since they're not really in the world at all except for a few moments at a time. And I think dropping laundry is a universal bug because my sims always do that too.

@Deklitch: happy to hear about the progress and good luck with no celebrities. Lol.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10562 on: February 28, 2018, 12:57:39 AM »
Hmmm ... I hope what I've done since forever is ok and in keeping with this part of the ruleset:

The Edit Town screen is off limits with the following exceptions:
If your town library is missing the skill books, you may use Edit Town to place Book Corrals in the library.
Roaring Heights players can add deathfish spawners in the graveyard.
Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.
The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grotto and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop.
Subways may be placed in your town if you own the lot, or if it’s already on one of the premade bars/clubs that come with Late Night.
All changes to Edit Town must be done before your founder has purchased their property. New additions are only allowed if a new expansion has been released.
Private lots can be purchased and used but can never become the main residence.
Dive lots are not allowed to be placed in worlds that they don't come with.
For a more exhaustive analysis of what you can and cannot do in Edit Town then check out Rica's post.

In Sunset Valley, I change Recurve Strand and Sunnyside Strand to beaches at the start of the game.

Then when household has enough money, Gen 1 to be immortal purchases one of these two strands and puts down the Fortune teller caravan, arboretum, vault of antiquity and a subway on it. Then I go out of it which sees me automatically sell the lot and I can then purchase the caravan to meet the rabbit hole purchase requirement.

I think that's all within the spirit of that part of the rules, but I thought today hmmm, maybe it isn't.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10563 on: March 11, 2018, 07:45:20 PM »
I'm not a moderator but in the ruleset there is a link to a post of Ricalynn's on Edit town. This specifically states you can buy a property and put the Fortune Teller's Wagon on it through the community objects buy and if the arboretum and the other things are community objects it seems like it would be okay.

Also, I just started playing the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty again and I had a helper adopt a child and I wanted the Heir to marry her but there are no romantic options.  Does the game assume they are somehow related and can't be romantic or is this a glitch?
Cynthia

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10564 on: March 14, 2018, 07:06:13 AM »
@Deklitch: @CynKuy is right. That is how I always interpreted the rules anyways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10565 on: March 14, 2018, 08:30:59 AM »
Thanks Trip and Cynkuy, I suddenly became anxious over that for some reason.

Regarding the lack of romantic options:

Is the helper in any way related to the founder? brother/sister in law, father/mother in law, spouse, niece/nephew? Or in any way related to the heir?

Are they of the appropriate age group (both teens or both young adult or older)? I have found in the past that if they have engaged in playing tiggy, they can't then become romantically involved for some reason.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10566 on: March 14, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
It was a glitch, later on it allowed romantic socials and they got married.  I was doing pretty good and the third generation was a teen when I fed the founder ambrosia on his last day and The Grim Reaper came but I had forgotten to put a death flower in his inventory so he died.  My next try didn't go well, Agnes had triplets.
Cynthia

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10567 on: March 15, 2018, 07:23:01 AM »
@Deklitch: so the thing about playing tag is a glitch with how the game registers the interaction as still happening even after you stop it (some interactions with the Architect and PI professions are the same btw!) But so far I have yet to see it persist after saving, exiting, and clearing caches. It's actually a perfectly legal exploit for making friends because until you exit, you do get automatic relationship gains even after you "stop" playing tag. Lol.

@CynKuy: glad it was just a glitch.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10568 on: March 18, 2018, 11:58:19 PM »
Are there still Hall of Fame entries?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10569 on: March 19, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
Are there still Hall of Fame entries?

Meaning if you do the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty will we put you in the Sims 3 Dynasty Hall of Fame? Of course! :)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10570 on: March 25, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
My Agnes nee Crumplebottom has lived for 107 days and is causing strife in the household.  She thought her son was flirting with her and now he has the cheater reputation and his wife is always trying to fight with him.

Question: Do the Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza and Scavenger Hunt:  Precious Metals count as different opportunities?  Also do the Deliver a Painting to France and Deliver a Painting to Egypt count as separate opportunities?
Cynthia

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10571 on: March 26, 2018, 07:56:05 AM »
Yes, they all count as different opportunities, because there is at least one word different in their names.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10572 on: March 26, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
Okay thanks.
Cynthia

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10573 on: April 10, 2018, 09:10:17 PM »
This attempt was going quite well.  The sixth generation was a toddler when the fifth generation pro athlete took an opportunity called Frequent Fatigue.  I had a list that I usually check against but I just figured no one else was an athlete and it was safe to assume that it hadn't been used before.  Well, someone had used it so I failed.  It is a deep disappointment because it seemed to be going quite well but a careless mistake ruined it.  Anyway, since it is close to the end I think I'll continue with it unofficially, just to make sure the careers and skills are doable.   :'(
Cynthia

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10574 on: April 10, 2018, 10:17:49 PM »
Sad to hear that, @CynKuy . Just to make sure, the other immortal had it as one of their six qualifying opportunities? And they were immortal at that point in time? Just checking, because if it wasn't accepted as a qualifying opportunity by either immortal, the same opportunity can be completed by more than one targeted immortal. Provided the earlier immortal hasn't eaten the ambrosia for the first time, you can get another opportunity as a unique opportunity for the earlier immortal (and the new one).

I am sure that the earlier immortal probably has eaten ambrosia, but I wanted to put that out there in case they haven't. :)

anything