Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941916 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10620 on: January 08, 2019, 04:27:23 AM »
Whew! I just made it and *just* before one of her best friends passed on! That was cutting it close. Candytuft made lev 10 cooking in about 6 days. Now I'm trying to get Faye to clone some perfect deathfishes, but I'm not sure what is happening. Her mood is way up, but she just will not make a perfect one from a perfect sample.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10621 on: January 12, 2019, 01:41:39 AM »
Well, Candytuft's marriage was short lived. Her husband's ltw was to be the "descendant of davinci" so I was going to give it a try. He got up to lev 6 and I wasn't paying attention and he caught fire. The strangest thing though is that he was right next to a shower. Maybe sims don't extinguish themselves autonomously. She just had twin girls I named Dahlia (the immortal) and Daffodil.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10622 on: January 12, 2019, 09:15:41 PM »
When Candytuft got married, he came into the household w/the unlucky trait. I replaced that trait w/the eccentric one b/c we're not supposed to have "unlucky" non immortals. I kind of wish I would have kept it for a little longer now, He'd still be alive, lol.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10623 on: January 13, 2019, 07:45:47 AM »
Both your graveyard pictures look amazingly better than mine ever do.
I replied to your pm.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10624 on: January 16, 2019, 12:04:18 PM »
 As you can see, I deleted some of the original walkway and re-created one that went around both mausoleums. Otherwise, it just looked weird, lol.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10625 on: February 18, 2019, 11:30:45 PM »
Whenever somebody sees this, I have question about opportunities. Does the scavenger hunt for kids only count once or do the different hunts such as beetles, gems, etc... count  individually since they are for different types. I'm guessing it probably only counts once since a scavenger hunt is a scavenger hunt, lol

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10626 on: February 19, 2019, 04:49:51 AM »
Whenever somebody sees this, I have question about opportunities. Does the scavenger hunt for kids only count once or do the different hunts such as beetles, gems, etc... count  individually since they are for different types. I'm guessing it probably only counts once since a scavenger hunt is a scavenger hunt, lol

If it takes up an opportunity slot, it's eligible, and if two opportunities have different titles, you can count them separately. E.G "Scavenger Hunt - beetles" and "Scavenger Hunt - Gems" would be two different ones, whereas "Scavenger Hunt" and "Scavenger Hunt" with the difference being in the description will clash.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10627 on: February 19, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »
Thanks Seabody!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10628 on: March 13, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »
If like me, you sometimes (often err almost always) complete an opportunity and then realise you haven't written it down, the Sims Wiki on fandom has a listing of opportunities in game by career/skill/special category. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Opportunity is the link to it, it's not all of them, but it did just help me find the name of Baktu's 6th opportunity that he just completed - Spiraling Out.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10629 on: March 15, 2019, 10:11:51 PM »
Very  nice Dek! Thanks!

I have a question though. If the age of a sim is stuck and overwatch isn't catching it (yet), may I shift/click on her and choose "trigger age transition?" The interface says she's 99 days, but she is more like 101+ days.

Edit: I did a reset on her and it now says that she is 100 days. I'll wait for another day or 2 and see what happens.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10630 on: March 16, 2019, 05:07:56 AM »
I didn't realise we could use overwatch or any other mods with the sims 3 dynasty challenges.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10631 on: March 16, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
Overwatch and Errortrap are essential! They correct glitches that otherwise get way out of control. They're not really a "mod" as such in changing the game play, they do not. A couple of things that overwatch does is remove all of the extra cars and stuff that are left over and bog the game down and it fixes stuck aging. They essentially fix EA's poor programming.

btw, my sim is 103 now! I'm getting rather impatient for her to kick the bucket, lol

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10632 on: March 16, 2019, 12:01:22 PM »
I took these from the first post to mean that overwatch and errortrap were banned.
* All modifications (mods) are banned. Period. Mods are patches that typically alter some component of gameplay. But, even if a mod supposedly does not alter gameplay you cannot use it. Remove all mods before beginning.
* 3rd party Custom Content that alters appearance such as skin tone or hairstyles, etc. is not considered a modification of the game and can be used at the player's own risk.

If I can in fact use them , that might help me in finishing one of these. LOL

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10633 on: March 16, 2019, 02:18:15 PM »
I'm sorry Dek, but I'm not going to let my game break and move my sims form town to town b/c of EA's bad programming. As I said, these "mods" do not alter game play at all. They fix things that EA *should* have fixed or not broke. I have enough problems w/using these as it is!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10634 on: March 16, 2019, 08:03:43 PM »
@Sonshine there's nothing preventing a player from playing a modded, unofficial dynasty and I encourage it because having fun is the first objective. But the rule has been around for the entirety of the challenge, everyone in the Hall of Fame has finished the dynasty without it, and it would be unfair to them to suddenly allow mods.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded