Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941615 times)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10650 on: November 15, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »
Please ask away, Rhoxi. :) I'll still be haunting these threads for as long as they are around in my efforts to complete a dynasty. :P

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #10651 on: November 22, 2019, 12:10:50 PM »
Hello! I know it's been a long time since I've been on these sides, but I'm thinking of making a new attempt, I have some ideas in my head for stories, and one of them is the one that brings me the doubt. I know that a founder has to be created in CAS or could be a Swap Shop Sim, but can I use a copy of a townie, clone them in CAS and leave them as a clean slate? The idea is to use Agnes as a founder, I would like to give her the opportunity to be the one who is slaving other sims for once.  :P

As I said this is one of my ideas and I'm going to start a dynasty anyway, I'm going to finish this challenge even if it's the last thing I do!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10652 on: November 22, 2019, 01:16:59 PM »
@CeresIn hey welcome back! Not a name I thought I'd see again but I love being wrong. :P

So...that's a point I wish I actually brought up with the team before The Sims 4 released because I disagree with their ruling, which is that you can't do that. This exchange here is the best one I could find about it and it was done before I was anywhere close to being a moderator. Personally I think it's pointless nitpicking to ban using a clean-slate original townie. I might actually message the team about this one because it's bugged me for a while.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #10653 on: November 22, 2019, 01:37:32 PM »
@Trip Thank you for the quick answer! I figured that could be the answer, I have other ideas so I will start the challenge anyway.

And thanks for the welcome, this forum is always going to have a special place in my heart because it was my first sim forum, I had simply turned away looking for places where the sims 3 have more presence, unfortunately the sims 4 never lit in me.

Offline crystalgecko

• Nooboo
« Reply #10654 on: November 22, 2019, 08:14:04 PM »
I love the concept of this challenge but I've tried it many times and never got past the first generation.

How do you all manage to get your founder to succeed at so many things in such a short lifespan as the default one? I can't even get the founder to max out a skill and a job and opportunities, never mind saving up for buying a property.

Am I doing something wrong and missing some massive ease of life thing in this game?

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10655 on: November 22, 2019, 11:22:10 PM »
@crystalgecko hey welcome! More of us have been in your place than you might think. ;)

First gen success might be more attainable with any of these strategies:

- get a rich spouse from the start and worry a little less about property money. Get good expensive beds so your founder feels good while skilling and at their job.

- move in a lot of helpers as long as you're willing to have them in your house for the rest of their lives (my fave strategy, I had four helpers at first and three of them took care of the museum pieces exclusively while my founder cooked and her husband tended to the garden...also you get more move-in money)

- don't stress about fishing right away and realize you just need level 5 skill + angelfish for bait and that's a couple days of work at most that can be saved until later. Please stop tormenting yourselves with this-

- learn about bizarre "get rich quick" schemes that come with various EPs. Rapidly selling goods at the consignment store with Ambitions, having a dog hunt for collectables with Pets, using the Midas Touch elixir or magic 8 ball with Supernatural, and I'm sure there's more missing!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10656 on: November 23, 2019, 11:50:48 PM »
Adding on to what Trip said, (assuming you have it) make the Motive Mobile one of your first LTR purchases. Literally sitting in it for 3/400ths of a second will negate most negative moodlets and restore all needs to full. I typically use it to have sims straight-up grind skills all night and day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10657 on: November 26, 2019, 04:59:40 PM »
@crystalgecko hey welcome! More of us have been in your place than you might think. ;)
Especially me :D

* with the showtime expansion pack, you can have a helper sim/spouse (or your founder if you want) get a dusty old lamp, rub it and wish for fortune. You get 100,000 a wish for fortune up to 3 times.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #10658 on: November 28, 2019, 12:52:31 AM »
And if you have Generations, and you're fulfilling wishes, you can get the "Inheritance" Lifetime Reward many times over! It drops a sweet 30k every time you cash in 30 Lifetime Happiness Points, and that usually will buy the grocery store or the diner.

If you're ever having trouble with wishes, try lining up your Sim's Lifetime Wish with whatever you want them to be doing. (For example, if you want your Sim to max the Culinary career, give them the LTW of "Celebrated Five Star Chef". Then, they'll spawn wishes to do cooking related things, and you'll naturally accrue LTHP in the pursuit of your dynasty goals!

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #10659 on: December 15, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »
If I start in moonlight falls, can I delete the fortune telling wagon? I won't use the lot for anything else. I just really hate that slur wagon with a passion and normally never place it/delete it immediately. I'm guessing the answer is no, but you can't get what you don't ask for so I'm shooting my shot. It would just be much nicer to play without saying that hateful word on the regular.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10660 on: December 15, 2019, 10:43:37 PM »
@Chubling you can't delete the lot but you can rename the rabbithole if you buy it as a property. In general it's a good tip for remembering what you bought! (when the real estate income doesn't help) I think the name sticks if you sell it back to the town as well.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #10661 on: December 15, 2019, 11:01:49 PM »
That'll work. Thank you!

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #10662 on: December 16, 2019, 03:03:58 PM »
Another question. If I want to buy land big enough to fit the full film studio, can I (eventually) buy the park and then use edit town to just drop the EA studio lot down or do I have to build it all myself manually?

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10663 on: December 16, 2019, 03:12:51 PM »
Edit Town for that is a no. At least the necessary building work is minimal as long as there's enough room for sims to enter and exit the rabbithole. Of course you have free reign over lots you own (to make it look nice of course) but any building beyond the rabbithole is gonna be a one-shot deal since the lot gets sold once you go into live mode again.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #10664 on: December 16, 2019, 09:13:29 PM »
That was what I was afraid of. Not a huge deal, I'll still have the rabbit hole.Thank you