Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 881066 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »
Very!  ;D I only remember White and I think I get that one wrong - ffffff?

Yes, that's white.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:44 PM »
That's so crazy, and kind of poetic, that you got twins!  You just can't escape from the nooboo's can you?  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »
At least they happened now, and not later, when the house will be fuller. ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »
That's so crazy, and kind of poetic, that you got twins!  You just can't escape from the nooboo's can you?  :D

I know!  They sure do take a lot of time, especially when I've got other things for Carina to do.  She can't just piddle around and enjoy the babies.  She still has to cook and garden every day.  Christopher helps, of course, but he's still busy with paintings.  He's got Carina's adult and Nectarine's toddler paintings done. 

Update:

Carina aged up to adult the day before the twins aged up to toddler. 

Christopher aged to adult on the twins' birthday.  Both Nectarine and Indigo have Carina's hair and eye color.  Yay!  I think I'll be able to get both them to walk, talk, and potty, but Nectarine is really the important one for that.  Indigo can slack if needed because her traits will be random anyway.  Unless I change my mind about that.

Carina has reached level 10 gardening and is at around level 5 in her profession.  She's at level 8 cooking and getting recipes from other cooks is working again.  They've got about $25,000 in household funds, but that will get better as those money trees really start producing and as Christopher's paintings are worth more.  She's got three or four best friends and I bought the Long Distance Friend Lifetime Reward to make sure they don't decay.  I hope Molly French doesn't die before Carina eats Ambrosia.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 12:49:01 AM »
Wow, you really do play close-up! I like your idea of using the Long Distance Friend reward. Hopefully you can use that for all of the immortals.

I wish the Store had actual screenshots of hairstyles. I really like Carina's hair, but didn't like the illustration of it at the Store. Are you old enough to remember Barbara Feldon's perfect Pageboy in Get Smart? All those sleepless nights, going to bed with rollers in my hair, and I never got that smooth curve! :D
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »
Pam, your screenshots are always so awesome—so close, so full of life.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 04:38:48 AM »
Nectarine and Indigo both aged up well to children.  I gave Nectarine the Artistic trait so that she can take over the portraits when her dad passes on.  Indigo rolled the Good trait.  Carina and Nectarine didn't have much of a relationship, especially compared to Carina's Best Friend status with Indigo.  Carina rolled a wish to be best friends with Nectarine and I thought was a good idea considering they'll be spending eternity together.  So, Carina took Nectarine with her to the Consignment Shop and they had a nice long chat afterward which did the trick.

Carina bought a partnership in Hogan's Deepfried Diner.  I didn't want to spend the money for full ownership just yet, nor did I want to spend it on a property.  Money for the family is still rather tight with household funds at only $35,000 after buying Carina her first car.  Most of the furnishings for the house continue to come from the junkyard, including upgraded living room furniture, a dishwasher, and a trash compactor.  Carina also reached level 10 in cooking and the Ambrosia recipe isn't far off.  She invites Emma Hatch over to visit almost every day, nabs a recipe from her, then tells her to leave.  Did I mention that she's also at level 10 gardening?  I think I'll have gardening be her SuperMax skill.  I didn't want to make that decision at the beginning because I wanted to see how the game would go, but I think I can easily keep anyone else from gardening.  If nothing else, I'll put a fence around the garden and lock the gate.

In an effort to avoid the runaround bug from playing tag, I've been sending Indigo to the Summerhill Pond to learn fishing while her sister is busy with mom and painting.  Indigo is already at level 5 after only the weekend.  The girls played on the blocks table together Sunday night before starting school the next morning.  It looks like Nectarine has inherited her mother's ability to make me laugh with her goofy faces.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »
Pam, i love the name of your founder mostly because my youngest daughter is called Karina which in case you did not know means pure. Her middle name is Elani which means light so her full name means Pure Light

Great legacy so far

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
Pam, if money is tight, why did you buy a car? Do sim taxis not allow more than one passenger?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »
Aw, your twins are so cute!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 08:59:56 PM »
Pam, if money is tight, why did you buy a car? Do sim taxis not allow more than one passenger?

I get tired of the taxi and it's so slow.  Money will get much better as Carina now has six money trees and Christopher is doing paintings worth almost $2,000.  Plus, he got a couple of opportunities that put about $25,000 more in the bank.  She bought out Hogan's diner and I did some updates to the house.  Also got a truck for Christopher.  She's about ready to buy her property, whichever is the least expensive.  Oh!  She also got the Ambrosia recipe from Emma!  Woot!  She's coming along nicely and should be able to eat Ambrosia shortly after she turns Elder, which I believe is about 9 days away.  I forgot to mention that the middle range camera was at the Consignment Store and Christpher has started Photography.  He's currently at level 5.  He got Carina posing in the living room and those pictures are up on the wall.  They're cute.

The twins are teenagers now.  Nectarine got the Charismatic trait and Indigo rolled the Snob trait.  Nectarine isn't as pretty as her mother.  She's got her dad's flat thin mouth and the shape of his eyes.  Indigo is actually the prettier of the two.  I don't have pictures of them yet.  They'll come soon.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 10:34:17 PM »
That is so cool.  You do take some good screenshots.  I am right there with ya on the twins, yay us. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 10:36:35 PM »
Here's a picture of Nectarine:

And here is Indigo:

If this weren't the Dynasty Challenge, I'd have Indigo be the heir because she looks so much like the founder I created.  I like to see the genes carry on as long as possible, which usually isn't very long.  At least Nectarine has the hair and eye color.  They both had thick eyebrows and I replaced them with ones more like Carina's.  Yes, that's very important for all of you to know!  Lol.

Nectarine is visiting the gym to get her athletic skill started.  There were only two boys in elementary school with her and one is already a young adult.  I'm not sure how that happened, but he's shown as a newspaper delivery boy and you know they age weird.  His name is Preston Chavez.  The other boy is named Kenny McComb and is still a child.  His family moved to town recently.  Unless she meets someone new in high school, those are about her only two choices for a husband.

Carina purchased Stoney Falls and it's ready to start upgrading.  With all the fishermen in the family, it will be a nice place for them all to go together.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 07:52:47 AM »
Hey!  Did someone do something to my last post to make the pictures of Nectarine and Indigo the same size?  If so, how did you do that??

Anyway, the Dreamweaver Dynasty is coming along quite nicely.  Money isn't a problem and it flows into the household funds regularly from the money trees, the two properties that Carina owns, and Christopher's paintings.  They don't live in wealth, but they are comfortable and happy.

Nectarine has a boyfriend!  It's Kenny McCombs from grade school.  He aged up to teen right after she did and she invited him to the family party at Stoney Falls.  She's an artist and he hates art, but that's the only spot they have any friction.  And now Indigo is getting friendly with Kenny's brother, Marquis McCombs. 

Nectarine and Kenny's first kiss:

Indigo speaking madness to Marquis:

Remember that Indigo is insane, but she's just precious about it.  She doesn't do the usual switch of clothing like insane Sims have been doing.  No, she comes out wearing any kind of outfit for any event.  She switches them around and it's really funny.  I caught her sitting on the toilet in her parent's bathroom dressed in her formal clothes and looking at her mother's photo on the wall.  Not doing anything on the toilet.  Just sitting.  It made me laugh.

Carina's property is Stoney Falls and it's now upgraded to level three, so it's done as far as Carina's Ambrosia requirements go.  It turned out really great.  When she went to collect the money for that property, there were at least 5 Sims there just hanging out.  I thought that was awesome.

Here's the main play and cooking/eating area:

This is the baby area and restroom facilities:

And these are the flower garden areas:

Carina ages up to Elder in two days.  As best I can tell, she only needs to complete the skill journal challenges for gardening and get her final portrait done.  Then she'll be ready to become immortal.  I've been keeping careful records on the spreadsheet.  It's very helpful. 

The house is much better than it was before.  It's fine for now, but when the twins age up to young adult, I'll have to make radical changes to give the girls their own bedrooms.  Nectarine will probably marry soon and she'll need her own Master Suite.  I've got to think of some designs.  Here's what it looks like now:

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:25 AM »
Wow, you really did a number on Stoney Falls. It looks great!

I have to join the crowd and say I love the shots, and yeah, the one on the toilet is golden.

anything