Author Topic: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty ("Complete")  (Read 333995 times)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 124, 3/15)
« Reply #570 on: March 16, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
Go Phil! I'm completely on his side on this.

I am, too. Keon needs to back right the heck off with this "I'm your dad now!" crap. Just . . . dude, no, don't go there. Don't be That Jerk.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #571 on: March 17, 2015, 10:00:41 AM »
I am, too. Keon needs to back right the heck off with this "I'm your dad now!" crap. Just . . . dude, no, don't go there. Don't be That Jerk.

Ugh, I know right? I can sort of understand why Phil turned out the way he did.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #572 on: March 17, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »
And Tegan, having your boyfriend spend the night and have breakfast with the family, probably not a good idea when you have a small son.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 125, 3/18)
« Reply #573 on: March 18, 2015, 11:06:16 PM »
I probably got more comments on this chapter than I have in a while. It strokes my ego, what can I say? :P

Thank you guys!

“Get a load of this, Kylie. Someone let the camera roll while they were banging their girlfriend in there!” She chuckled at the thought of it, before focusing on the subject matter. “No, wait, crap! That’s us!” Mouth agape, she needed to hide the evidence.

This is perfect.

I am so proud of writing that. :D

Oh no, Phil... he better not ruin poor Tegan's happiness.

Dude's bound to. If not now, then later on.

Go Phil! I'm completely on his side on this.

Siding with Phil is a pretty bold, risky move.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing something happening to Keon if it's Phil's doing. I really like the arcade and club.

I wouldn't either, but not for this. For other things later on? Hmmm...maybe...

Somehow I'm not surprised that Phil is already plotting...

Wish I could say more but I now have the song "I Got You Babe" stuck in my head. Gee, thanks. :P

I did too, after writing that. It was that or trying to imagine something from my own catalogue sang as a loving duet. As if.

That kid was bad to the bone from the start. Of course he's plotting!

Yeah, the guy layered on a lot of things thickly. As if he was trying to hide some shames by stepping in as Super Stepdad (TM) before Heph's body was cold.

Ugh, I know right? I can sort of understand why Phil turned out the way he did.

Phil could have had the most loving nuclear family and still have turned out as the mega-baddie he grew up into. But this didn't help either.

And Tegan, having your boyfriend spend the night and have breakfast with the family, probably not a good idea when you have a small son.

Probably not, but my rationalization is that she really missed having those with her real, true soulmate and needed to pretend to feel that again. Still a bad idea, though. She's chock full of them!

Chapter 125: What's Yours

“I’m telling you, I have to stay with you guys.”

Phil ended up unloading his grievances onto one of his best friends, one Vernon Ball.

“You’re not getting the top bunk,” Vernon said.

“Aww, why not? I’m your guest.”

“That’s my bunk!”

Phil had a chuckle. “That’s funny, Vernon, thinking that something’s yours. I won’t settle for less!”

“We have another bed.”

“I will take my business elsewhere,” Phil said, turning away in a huff to mount his bicycle and ride home, away from his ungracious classmate.

Poor Phil, he was stuck at home. The disagreement didn’t seem to affect his friendship with Vernon much, though. They still played together during recess. And Phil ended up going to his house for a lot of playdates and supposed study sessions.

That wasn’t his mum’s worry.

Tegan, like many, did not particularly want to grow old. Why, she’d have to retire her favorite clothes for keeping some vague “dignity” into her elder years. It sounded vain, but she loved the dresses she owned as an adult. But it would be unfair to stay young, and not just for the sake of the other immortals’ feelings.

Keon could simplify things and say he was Tegan’s age. However, he crossed that penultimate bridge first, and on a different day. Perhaps embarrassed, he went to the pool to do it. Stole one of Annette’s cakes for the journey. After aging up, that sugar rush dulled the new back pains for a few minutes.

Those subsided better with an aspirin. Keon took himself to the dresser and did the best job a new family member of-sorts could do without Franco’s help. The haircut might have been a worse idea. Keon took a blade, held it an angle, and created new bangs for himself. Shaved the back of his head closer. Considering that none of the Waverlys chided him for it, he accepted his job. Even Tegan approved.

“You should have told me it was your birthday! I could have done something during my lunch break or something like that,” she said to him.

“I think it was nice without you anyways, but maybe that would’ve been better.” They were upstairs, in her bedroom at the time. “The others all wished me well. Four out of five of you approving, it ain’t bad.”

“Phil will come around. I mean, I hope he does. I don’t want him to be all mean and negative. He’s such a great kid otherwise.”

“He is, he is.”

“I just hope the Balls are treating him well right now.”

Erik Ball, meanwhile, ran away from Phil. What a young vampire would have to fear in another fanged kid was anyone’s guess. But at night, they could all play outside and pretend to be normal kids. Phil was starting to like them. In fact, Emma and the other adults in that household reported that Phil didn’t act like much of an evil little snot at all. He had a lot of energy, and loved games of tag. He loved catch and playing outside at all hours, and not just at night. He learned about their restrictions on sunlight after his first playdate there.

So Erik’s running away turned into a game of tag. And Phil gained some strong friends in them.

Not that long later, Tegan had to draft a guest list for her own birthday party. The venue was secured, as owning the lounge meant that the family always had a good place for parties. But guests, finding guests wasn’t as easy. She asked everyone in the family for relevant phone numbers. Even Phil produced one. The Ball household, as she could have guessed.

“Honey, it’s a strict thirteen-plus venue,” she said. “Besides you, but it’s my birthday and all I want is for my son to be there. I had to fight your grandpa for that.”

“Trent and Vernon are thirteen,” Phil said.

“Tell them to get their best suits, then. Okay, darling?”

As it turned out, Tegan didn’t have to worry about two teens adhering to her dress code. They dressed like charming young gentlemen. Phil didn’t complain about having to wear a tux either. Bryant managed to get in, which Tegan understood. She didn’t close down the whole lounge and their drinks were to die for. He could have had the decency to find a blazer. In fact, she would have lent him one.

And as it turned out, it was the last time she ever had to see him. A little angry upon his entrance, Tegan told him off only for him to produce his one-way plane tickets for Starlight Shores. They had the official watermark of Bright Lights & Smog Airlines printed in the corner. “I can’t leave without one last Deathflower Drops, can I?” he said.

“Point taken, Mr. Moreno.”

It turned out that he was a tolerable drunk, certainly better than old Annette. In fact, Bryant would have left the party without Tegan ever mentioning his presence to me if she didn’t have to justify him in her party pictures. This chapter is not about Bryant.

No, this is just the story of a woman growing older.

She blew out her candles, maybe wishing for a placid elderhood. Those young years wore her down; I’m shocked as to how long it took for her to get her first grey hair.

So this is a part I feel for. Tegan needed a turning point away from the turmoil, for however long us younger ones could keep her away from it. It would have been nicer to hit her at a younger age, but the chance for it stood so close to her. But like with many big decisions, Tegan needed some expert advice.

But first, piano. Only after Tegan found a new dress for her old age, though. Only after she brushed her hair back into a proper, dignified bun. But yes, piano. Derrick, the pianist at the time, was a true gift to Twinbrook. He studied under Hephaestus back when he worked at the theatre. Somehow, Derrick surpassed his mentor. Even Phil stopped to appreciate it.

After she unwrapped gifts and said her good-byes to her beloved guests, Tegan took to calling her travel agent. It was a business trip, first off: they drafted plans for a study on the potential of growing plums in Simnation. They weren’t a native crop there. France had plenty. That meant that Tegan needed to dust off her passport and find the best, healthiest plums in France. And by find, she meant grow. Considering that they grew on tall trees, that could take years. She could hide some magic in her suitcase, though.

Tegan walked up to Franco one morning, as he slouched in a dining chair with the newspaper and a cup of coffee. “Grandpa, can you do something nice for me?” Tegan asked, in a sickeningly-sweet voice.

“Sure, Peapod. Finding the right sapphire necklace has been tough,” he said.

“Forget about that, and take me to France instead. Just the two of us.”

“Are you so deprived that you think of business trips as a gift?”

“But we can make it a fun trip. Together. I want some precious memories with you that don’t involve broken noses.”

“True, I’d kill for that as well,” he said. “Let me get the tickets. I have a lot of good karma over there in France, as you know.”

“Ah, for the love of God, I forgot how blinding this French sunlight was.” Franco squinted his eyes and grumbled, as Franco tended to do. “Still, we’re here. For how long?”

“As long as it takes to grow plums,” Tegan said.

“Goodness! We’ll need to fly Annette out here to keep the two of us alive for that long, and I don’t need her being an idiot in France.”

“No, we have some magic!”

“What magic?” he snarled.

“Grandpa, you’ve never worked in the garden. We have our magic over there,” Tegan said. “Let me just get my bag out. It’s in there.”

She took a large, leathery egg out and put it down on the lawn, to the side of the house. Franco raised a brow. “Wait, that’s how dragons are made?”

“Never seen Annette hatch one?” Tegan asked. “I haven’t either. They last for a long time. She said that Shark did the last ones, and I never met him. But yeah, she gave me a dragon egg. Should hatch soon.”

Franco expected her to follow him into the garden to pose for portraits, but Tegan still stood by her egg. “Peapod, what are you doing? It will hatch, just as you said.”

“Hey there, cute little eggy!” Tegan waved at it. “I can’t wait to raise you as my own.”

“Tegan!”

“Come on, have some fun with these things,” she said.

Two days later, Tegan got a hatchling as green as Phil’s favorite shirt. It perched on her arm and looked up with her with the love and eagerness reserved for one’s own parents.

“Franco, how many of your friends like green? I’m trying to think of names for him,” Tegan said.

“That’s how we do it now?” he asked.

“Well, the purple one we have at home is named Harwood 2.0...he dressed in purple, right?”

“Those family photos don’t lie.”

“So, anyone you know?”

“I’m sorry, Peapod.”

“Fine. I don’t know anyone either, other than Phil, but I don’t want to upstage him.”

“Why not Jules? Probably never told you about Jules, but he dated uncle Shark way back when. I don’t even know what color he liked, but I always felt bad for Shark. He outlived Jules by a few years, and yes, I always felt bad about that.”

“Sounds good. Like a fitting tribute,” she said, giving Jules 2.0 a pat on the head.

After getting her plum saplings in the ground, Tegan put Jules 2.0 to work.

“Come on, come on,” she whispered, as Jules took a flight into the air, in a cloud of green smoke. “I need some juicy plums.”

As it turned out, she got rich, nectar-quality grapes too. Some seeds must have fell on the ground and taken root. Her saplings, further away, started to grow into mature trees. She saw how much rougher the bark looked. Her dragon needed to rest, but she repeated the process whenever she could until trees of ripe plums begged for harvest. After that, she needed to get back to Twinbrook as soon as could, before they went bad.

She finished the harvesting on an afternoon, with the next flight to Twinbrook scheduled for the morning after. It left her and Franco with little to do but what Tegan actually set out to do with her grandfather.

“I know you like good nectar, grandpa,” she said.

“And I won’t make a fool of myself on it either. Neither will you,” he said. “I have been hankering for another tasting session at the nectary.”

“Exactly.”

She poured the first few glasses, which were just to loosen them up before their tasting began. Tegan chose a good nectar for their warmup: Lavoie Orchards, 2078. Franco thanked her for her good taste.

“Oh, Belizaire Vineyards, how the mighty have fallen. Gross!” Franco moaned and groaned over his bad glass of nectar to taste. But that was the curator’s fault.

“I know, they were so good back when I got married,” Tegan said. “And that wasn’t long ago at all.”

“Apparently the vineyard changed hands a lot over the last five years. Last real heir ran off, discovered punk music, what a shame. Whoever is running operations needs a piece of my mind.”

They got to try one of the prized bottles from the 2065 batch by Giroux Grapes, which made up for one bad swill of nectar.

After finishing the session, the two sat down and relaxed. Although buzzed, they were as sober as Annette was on her sober days, which meant total lucidity. That was good for Tegan, who wanted an honest conversation.

“So you’re the only one in the family who’s remarried,” she said.

“So I am, so I am,” said Franco.

“And I heard the story. You got divorced. I never met auntie Hannah, but I knew you loved her, I know you did.”

“She’ll always be my love, Tegan.”

“But, would you remarry, if it was possible?”

“Never.”

Tegan sulked in her chair.

“What’s wrong for you, though?” Franco asked. “Plenty of widows remarry.”

“You know I loved Hephaestus. Heck, I still love him so, so much. I miss him every day, and I always wish we had more time. It felt like we did. But now...I shouldn’t be having these feelings. Like, you can’t just fall in love with someone else and feel the same way, can you?”

“This is about Keon, isn’t it?” She nodded. “Then stop overthinking it and marry the man.”

“I just...just...look, mum keeps going on about how after we’re done with this, we get our loved ones back. And what will I say to Heph after that? I’ll have two lovers, and I know what my choice would be, but imagine the hard feelings. With both of them. I’m betraying Heph with this, and I’m offering Keon just some second-rate garbage. I hate that! I want to be loved for a while, you know?”

“Believe me, I know, And I’ll never have to face that,” said Franco. “But Hephaestus, mad at you? Peapod, I’ve known him since before he was born. I adopted that kid. And I know that for years and years and decades, he loved you beyond what I’ve seen anyone else express as love. And because of that, I know he approves of this, right from his seat watching us from the afterlife. I even talked with him about this once. He wanted you to be happy above all else, even if your heart took a sharp turn anywhere else. And you’re simply putting this on hold for someone who’s such a kind man.”

“You...you think he’s kind?” Tegan asked.

“I watched him grow up too. Keon turned out great...he was always that way, but I’m glad you have him in particular,” said Franco. “And you should stay with him, if you’re feeling that in your heart.”

Tegan got up from her seat and grabbed her grandfather in for a hug.

“Oh grandpa! I just needed to hear it from you, that’s all,” she said. “You’re just so wise and sober.”

“Only the former right now,” he muttered. “But I think we need to pack our bags for the flight tomorrow.”

“Alright. Back home.”

And after a pillow fight, her new chapter could begin. Maybe she could think about Phil’s too.

Word Count for this chapter: 2,466
Word Count so far: 267,835

Edited on 3-19-2015. Forgot an image because that tends to happen when you're updating at God-knows-when-O'Clock.

That is really the last you'll see of Bryant. I thought that him at the park was the last, but I was reminded that he ended up crashing Tegan's elder birthday too...and behaved. I probably wouldn't have mentioned him at all if he dressed up for the event. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 125, 3/18)
« Reply #574 on: March 19, 2015, 07:55:51 AM »
Bryant's appearance certainly was amusing, that outfit xD Tegan looks lovely as an elder, though marrying Keon might not be the best thing from hat you've hinted at  :o
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (HIATUS)
« Reply #575 on: March 22, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
Bryant's appearance certainly was amusing, that outfit xD Tegan looks lovely as an elder, though marrying Keon might not be the best thing from hat you've hinted at  :o

She was a lovely elder! Her elegantly girly style translated well into a dignified wardrobe for old age, and I was so glad Roaring Heights was released when it was because it came in time for her to get that hairstyle.

Hmm, ever hear of a Waverly marriage that went easily? I haven't yet.

This was the result of a lot of thinking.

So, I have a great following over here and I love each and every one of you guys. However, I ended up thinking of a few things:

1. What if this website ever goes down? God forbid it does, but right now as of this moment, the most organized collection of Waverly chapters is right here. My documents are spread all over the place, some on my laptop's old hard drive, some on Google Docs, etc. If this site went down, recovering the pieces of story would be awful.

2. What if I want to expand my audience? Which I do. I've felt that the Sims 3 side of this forum has died hard, which saddens me, because I still devote 98% of my simming attention to this game (the other 2% being the times I can be bothered to help Metro and company for the TS4 challenges...I "forgot" to reinstall the game on my desktop). But the game still has dedicated fans elsewhere, and if I can reach out to other readers, why not?

3. What if I want to do things by my own rules? It's an interesting practice in restraint writing to post on this forum. Content-wise, I'm unnaturally clean over here. Without restraint, Eight Ways is a solid PG-13 and a pretty sad story about dysfunction, crime, addiction, and a collection of flawed people. It is pretty jarring to write those themes and have everyone speak in dialogue safe for an edgy kid's cartoon. And it's a contrast that leaves a sour taste in my mouth now.

The alternative is not to soften the themes of the story either. :P

4. There are so many parts of the story that need entire reconstructions, and not just simple fixes for awkward sentences and sharpening up some dialogue. The direction of Eight Ways has changed so much since I started this story last year. Things have gotten more plot-centered. I can't read Lily's chapters without grasping for a plotline that I really didn't have, because this story's plot was so, so loose until recently. Annette's chapters leave a saccharin taste in my mouth now. Tegan's need paring now, as her portion of the story stretched for about twice as long as the others'. Other parts need expansion.

I've come a long way as a writer. The contrast between my first stories on this forum versus what I have now is stark, and between the first chapters of this and now is also stark. And I'm not gonna present slop as great work from me.

Because of those reasons, I've made the decision to re-write large chunks of this story and move to WordPress.

So what will become of this thread? I'm not entirely sure. I'm keeping it up for now.

But stories from me are delayed, for an indefinite while. My 4x4 needs a lot of work (and will have to be hosted externally; I took the plot to some dark places), and Eight Ways needs even more as I re-think a lot of it.

While you're waiting, I'd like to direct you to other stories I like! And to a long-overdue thank-you note.

Back in the summer of 2013, I discovered a writer elsewhere. They called themselves Rednenemon, and the first story they posted was Rotterdammerung. At that moment, I was supposed to be on vacation in my beloved Portland, but I was sick, in a boatload of pain, and stuck in a hotel room on the outskirts of Portland. So I read the story and was drawn in instantly. Most strikingly, it was set in Twinbrook, narrated in first-person from the narrator's hindsight, and had Shark Racket as a main character.

And did I use that as inspiration? You bet I did. I had two main dilemmas; how to narrate the story, and who to use as the strapping young sculptor. When Annette fell for Bill, using Shark felt like a better idea after reading Rotterdammerung. I never really saw him as a deep character until reading that. I fell in love with the narration in that story, and the thought of doing something similar was appealing. It might have gone further from that, but I needed a base. And Rednenemon, that dear soul, gave me that base.

When it comes to stories about people you pass by online, it usually stops there. But I have a lot to thank Rednenemon for, beyond what they wrote. Fast-forward to 2014, and I ended up finding their Tumblr. I followed. Later, I learned that they were a woman and about my age. We shared Skype handles and started talking. And as I learned, she was a fantastic person even if she had never written a story for me to read. That friendship kept me going, especially when I felt like giving up on everything.

As I'm writing this right now, I cherish our relationship more than anything. I cherish her as my best friend, and perhaps the person I love the most. And the least I can do is spread her work. So go forth and read Rednenemon's stories, while you wait for me to get back into my groove.

Love,

Trip <3

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #576 on: March 23, 2015, 12:47:19 AM »
If you are going to post on another forum, please link to here! I want to read to the end.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #577 on: March 23, 2015, 07:56:52 AM »
I understand your decision, lately I have noticed I'm reading more stories on WordPress and Blogger that are Sims 3 based as they don't get much love on this forum as Sims 4 does. I would love to read this when it continues in it's new home and any other story of yours, and thanks for the link I will also be reading it to see Shark alive again  ;D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #578 on: March 23, 2015, 01:37:46 PM »
I'm just happy you're continuing with your story at all, Trip! And I'll be happy to see you join all the other cool kids on Wordpress :)
I totally understand what you mean here. I'm restraining myself on the Hartfield legacy only because of this forum and it's becoming a bit of a drag. And I have to say an excellent writer such as yourself shouldn't be restrained. I always admired the way you took on the rather dark themes.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #579 on: March 23, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »
It's heartbreaking how the Sims 3 section of this forum has faded. It's like watching an old friend languish before your eyes. Similar to what notjustabook mentioned, that is, I think, what ultimately killed my story...

Whenever and wherever you decide to continue your tale, I will absolutely follow! You are without a doubt one of the best writers I have encountered. :D

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #580 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:38 PM »
If you are going to post on another forum, please link to here! I want to read to the end.

I'll definitely link! I'm not gonna sabotage my lovely readers over this. ;)

Although I'm going to host the story on WordPress, I have no reason not to promote it elsewhere. A part of me has considered making a special forum for sims writers, considering that I do have a long history of forum moderation (beyond this gig here) and at least some sense of how to run a website, but that's a whole other monster to tackle, if I ever do.

I understand your decision, lately I have noticed I'm reading more stories on WordPress and Blogger that are Sims 3 based as they don't get much love on this forum as Sims 4 does. I would love to read this when it continues in it's new home and any other story of yours, and thanks for the link I will also be reading it to see Shark alive again  ;D

I feel really bad for the other writers on the TS3 boards here. A lot of other communities have held on to TS3, but here, they just leaped to TS4 without looking back. Unless you strike it lucky now, writing for this forum is a thankless task and I honestly respect those who are sticking by us.

Please do! Rednenemon needs some love and not just from me. ;) I started to miss Shark too. I wasn't expecting him to be fun to play, but he really was.

I'm just happy you're continuing with your story at all, Trip! And I'll be happy to see you join all the other cool kids on Wordpress :)
I totally understand what you mean here. I'm restraining myself on the Hartfield legacy only because of this forum and it's becoming a bit of a drag. And I have to say an excellent writer such as yourself shouldn't be restrained. I always admired the way you took on the rather dark themes.

You guys won me over. ;D I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, considering that WordPress is hogging all the good stories!

Yeah, the content restrictions and I have had our own issues. I do find it as an interesting contrast to a lot of other Sims communities, which have their own infamous cases of writers badly handling serious subjects for the sake of ~~edge~~. Not that I feel like I've been a genius with it either; dark themes might feel natural for me to write, but I'm not necessarily good at them just because of that.

Anyways, thanks. :D

It's heartbreaking how the Sims 3 section of this forum has faded. It's like watching an old friend languish before your eyes. Similar to what notjustabook mentioned, that is, I think, what ultimately killed my story...

Whenever and wherever you decide to continue your tale, I will absolutely follow! You are without a doubt one of the best writers I have encountered. :D

It feels like a shell of itself. :( I've actually been spending more time on other communities because I miss boards that get activity more than once a day. Sad to say, it's been hard to find my love for this forum again. I'm sticking around now basically just to do maintenance on the Dynasties and Hall of Fame.

Awwww. :(

And thank you to you too. I'd be honored to keep you as one of my readers.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2015, 11:06:08 PM »
Definitely link, Trip!  I understand completely ^^  I still try to keep up with Sims 3 stuff, but... my biggest problem with doing anything with it myself is the fact that trying to play it is a study in frustration due to the fact that it's so laggy due to the huge file size.  I do try to keep up with things on this forum though.  I am behind on the Waverlys though because I need to go back and reread a few things.  I missed stuff while I wasn't feeling well for a while.  But I am definitely looking forward to your rewrites and eagerly await it!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #582 on: March 24, 2015, 11:44:07 AM »
I totally understand, Trip. I think I am either single-handedly keeping some of the topics alive or one of a few keeping them alive  :o Please link if you continue the story elsewhere so that way we can continue to see what happens with the Waverly's!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #583 on: March 24, 2015, 12:52:13 PM »
thanks for telling us what you're planning, Trip. I normally don't comment very much but I think your explanations here are going to spur me to comment more on the Sims 3 stories I read (I don't read many Sims 4 stories, though I'm sure they're well-written). I wish you all the best with this story and that you can whip it into a shape that satisfies you.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #584 on: March 24, 2015, 07:13:18 PM »
I will read wherever you post. I'm following all Sims 3 stories on this site hoping to help keep things going, but it's been disheartening how many have just stopped.